• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Jump Stars EX - A Shonen Jump Platform Fighter

How many characters should we include at launch?

Votes: 7 70.0%

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Voting for Job 14 will now commence. Vote in the poll the title of the game you think should be used. (you can vote for your own submission).

Also, I might start Jobs 15 and 16 soon, but voting for Job 13 will remain open for about 8 hours or so.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Seiya 5
Kenshiro 13
Arale 13
Kinnikuman 8
Tsubasa 0
Dark Schneider 3
Dai 0

Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star and Arale Norimaki from Dr. Slump will be joining the roster.

Job 15: Submit a stage based on My Hero Academia, Assasination Classroom, or Demon Slayer
We have 3 newcomers in the reveal lineup so they should probably have a home stage of their own. Submit the location and describe the stage's layout. We will choose the top 2 most voted stages.

Job 16: Submit a returning assist
Our assist lineup currently only consists of Mr. Satan, so I would like you to submit an assist character who was in Jump Super Stars and/or Jump Ultimate Stars and describe their function. (note that playable characters will not be eligible - for reference, characters with more sprites are usually playable. also note that assists don't neccesarily have to function exactly the same as they did in those games)
We will choose the top 2 most voted assists

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job 16: returning assist

Assuming that the assist doesn't have to be from a series that has a playable character in this game...

Light Yagami and Ryuk (Death Note)

Light Yagami is a brilliant Japanese teenager who discovers a notebook used by the gods of death to kill humans. He has a strong sense of justice, but the power that the Death Note gives him warps it, leading him to believe that the world is rotten and he needs to use the Death Note to purge it of evil people so that it can be fixed, declaring himself "the god of the new world".

Together with Ryuk, the god of death that dropped the notebook, he enters an elaborate cat-and-mouse game with law enforcement agencies, a woman who's madly in love with him, and a mysterious detective only known by the letter L.

Death Note is a very unusual Shonen Jump series, and Light himself isn't much of a fighter - I'm pretty sure he only threw a single punch over the course of the series. His main form of fighting consists of elaborate mind games and, of course, the Death Note - once he knows your name, he just has to write it down, and then you have 40 seconds until you die of a heart attack. (though he can get much more creative and detailed, which he figures out as he tests the notebook's limits)

In Jump Ultimate Stars, his 2-koma has you select a target, and after a long delay, they're hit with the Judgement/Doom side effect if a falling apple hits them. This starts a ten second countdown that kills the opponent once it ends, though the apple is easily avoidable in most situations. The 3-koma version does this to everybody. However, as there's no touch screen to select people, in this game, the 2-koma could automatically target whoever has the most damage.

---

For reference, here's a guide to the effect of every single support character in Jump Ultimate Stars, so you can describe what a character does even if you haven't played the game:

I can't find a similar one for Jump Super Stars, though there's a lot of overlap from what I've seen; the main exceptions are the Naruto characters, where they hadn't done much post-time-skip at that point, so they weren't carried over. (at least, that's the only explanation I can think of for why Lee, Hinata, Neji, and Shikamaru didn't even get help koma, let alone support koma)

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Resubmitting Chopper
Tony Tony Chopper
View attachment 339028
Chopper is the sixth member to join the straw hat crew, and their medic. He's a reindeer who ate the Hito Hito No Mi and became a human/reindeer hybrid, which caused him to be shunned by his herd, but he was feared by humans due to his monster-like appearance. He was adopted by Doctor Hiriluk and then Doctor Kureha after Hiriluk's death, and joined the Straw Hats after they visited his homeland of Drum Island, and helped take down their tyrannical king Wapol.

Since we already have our additional Straw Hat crew member in Zoro, Chopper will not be able to join the playable roster. However, due to his status as somewhat of a mascot for One Piece and his occupation as a medic, I feel that he's perfect for an assist role. When summoned, he would treat whoever summoned him and heal them a signifcant amount. However, this would have a very long cooldown.
Might have a stage submission later

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Gonna slide in a submission reaaaaaal quick cause I have something to do and I'm a bit burnt out on doing writeups for creation threads. I definitely want to submit a "misc." returning assist, but I felt my options were actually rather limited - there were some characters I decided to hold off on submitting cause I actually kinda wanted to see them promoted to playability, and I also had to hold off on most sports or romcom characters because of Insider Info. So after looking over my remaining options, I felt this pair would be the best pick:

Job #16: Hikaru Shindo and Fujiwara-no-Sai from Hikaru no Go
Wikia-Visualization-Main%2Chikago.png

Hikaru no Go was a Shonen Jump manga that ran in the late 90s/early 2000s and revolved around the popular Japanese board game of Go.

The story starts with Hikaru Shindo, a regular ol' Japanese sixth-grader, who goes exploring his grandfather's attic and, in the process, discovers a Go board. As circumstance would have it, this board was actually haunted by the spirit of Fujiwara-no-Sai, a Go player from the Heian era of Japan. He (yes that's a dude) lived on as a ghost after his death, thanks to his desire to one day attain the "Kami no Itte" - a perfect move. And so, Sai decides to mentor Hikaru in the art of Go for this very purpose. Hikaru intitially isn't down for it, dismissing Go as, in my own words, "boomer ****", but as the series goes on, he learns to enjoy the game, and eventually goes on to become a professional player.

The series was actually pretty damn successful, selling over 25 million copies, spawning a 75-episode anime, and being credited with popularizing Go both among the Japanese youth and worldwide. And indeed, the series was represented in Jump Super Stars by way of its main characters as an assist! But that's the interesting thing: it was nowhere to be seen in JUS. That's right: Hikaru no Go was actually one of the only two series that were featured in Super Stars that didn't come back for Ultimate Stars (the other one was Mr. Fullswing, which I tbh feel is pretty interchangeable with other notable baseball manga from across Jump history if we're to have an assist like that, whereas it's hard to find something like HNG). So it'd be pretty nice to bring them back for this one just because of that.

As for their function, I don't think they'd really make much sense as, say, a directly attack-oriented assist. To better reflect on the nature of Go, I feel they'd have to have a more strategic function. So when they're summoned out on the battlefield, they'll disable one of your opponents' special moves for a limited period of time (that's right they are this game's Adam Malkovich function). Pretty simple function, but a distinct one nonetheless that fits with the characters in question

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Job 15: Unforseen Simulation Joint AKA USJ (My Hero Academia)
1638298374149.png

A training facility located in UA High and the setting for what is essentially MHA's first major arc, the facility is attacked by an army of villains during what was originally meant to be a training session for Class 1-A.

The fight would take place inside the facility, and it would travel between different zones. In addition, each area has a set of cameos that match the original scene, and sometimes they would interact with the environment to trigger the area's respective hazard.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I haven't read Assassination Classroom, but I can try to come up with something.

Classroom 3E Building

The setting of Assassination Classroom, where the students are tasked with assassinating their homeroom teacher, an unusual life form named Korosensei who threatens to destroy the world once the school year is done. The stage takes place at night, where Korosensei's handiwork can be seen in the background.

The stage is a wide and short one, like the Dark Tournament stage in JUS (at least from what I recall) There are a few platforms that resemble the roof of the class's building on either end of the stage, but most of it is flat and barren.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Results for the poll of Job 14 are in. Our game will be called Jump Stars EX!

For Job 15, Unforeseen Simulation Joint and Classroom 3E Building will be added by default due to the lack of submissions.

I was tempted to do the same for Job 16, but I realized characters are kind of a bigger deal than stages so having three characters disconfirmed from the base roster at once would probably not sit well with people. So vote for your top two assists from the following options:

Megadoomer Megadoomer Light Yagami
Jondolio Jondolio Tony Tony Chopper
Speed Weed Speed Weed Hikaru Shindo and Fujiwara-no-Sai

Mine:
1. Light
2. Chopper

Also, we will begin submissions for the next character job.
Job 17: Submit a character who debuted in the 90s
Submit a Jump character that debuted from 1990 to 1999 and explain a bit about who they are, the series they're from, and how they would fight. They can be either returning characters from Jump Ultimate Stars or brand new, but they have to be from series not currently represented on the roster. We'll be adding the top two most voted characters

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Chopper
2. Light

Admittedly, my familiarity with 90's Shonen Jump (aside from the series that are already in the roster) is limited to Rurouni Kenshin and Yu-Gi-Oh, and I'm not sure if I want to take those nominations away from other people.

I'm tempted to nominate Luckyman, who was in J-Stars Victory Vs., but I don't think it's a good idea for me to nominate a character that I know nothing about, only to find out that nobody else knows anything about them either, and it turns out that we're stuck with a character who's a giant question mark. (I haven't played J-Stars Victory Vs.; I can't find any copies of it, and the gameplay doesn't look great)

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Admittedly, my familiarity with 90's Shonen Jump (aside from the series that are already in the roster) is limited to Rurouni Kenshin and Yu-Gi-Oh, and I'm not sure if I want to take those nominations away from other people.
Honestly, if anything, I think it'd be a good move to get one of these characters out of the way so that other people don't have to feel the pressure of having to submit the "obvious character that this prompt would feel really really weird without" over anyone they might want to submit more

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Job 17: Himura Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin)
1638374174141.png

Himura Kenshin is the protagonist of Rurouni Kenshin, a battle manga that ran in Weekly Shonen Jump from 1994 to 1999. Kenshin is a rurouni - a traveling swordsman with no master, who wields a reversed blade katana to avoid landing a lethal blow to his opponents. He used to be an infamous assassin known as Hitokiri Battōsai who fought in the Bakumatsu, so he wanders the Japanese Countryside protecting the innocents to atone for his sins.

Kenshin may seem like just an ordinary swordsman, but he uses a sword style known as Hiten Mitsurugi-ryū, which is very fast and acrobatic and would distinguish him from other sword users on the roster. He'd be rather straightforward, but very unique.

Rurouni Kenshin is an extremely influential and beloved series and Kenshin is a staple of Jump crossovers. However, I should probably address the elephant in the room which is the fact that its author, Nobuhiro Watsuki, is... a deplorable human being for reasons I won't go into (If you know you know), and one could argue that we should not include a character made by a person like him in our game. However, very little of Watsuki's... less than admirable traits creeps into his writing, and the fact remains that Rurouni Kenshin is a very influential series. I think Kenshin has enough merit beyond that for us to overlook that and put him in the game. If he wasn't in the game, I'm sure a lot of people would be disappointed, especially in the Japanese side of the fandom.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Honestly, if anything, I think it'd be a good move to get one of these characters out of the way so that other people don't have to feel the pressure of having to submit the "obvious character that this prompt would feel really really weird without" over anyone they might want to submit more
Okay; in that case, I'll submit Yami Yugi, from Yu-Gi-Oh.

In Jump Ultimate Stars, and other spin-offs like Jump Force, Yugi fought by summoning various monsters throughout the series to do the fighting for him, along with using spell cards and activating trap cards. I don't see why that wouldn't be the same here; the guy's not much of a fist fighter. (he also summoned a Tamagotchi-like capsule monster and rolled a giant pair of dice to reference pre-card game arcs from the series - yes, there's more to the series than children's card games that everyone treats with life-or-death seriousness)

Yami Yugi, or Dark Yugi, is the spirit of an Egyptian pharaoh possessing the body of a Japanese teenager. When the series began, he subjected criminals and other wrong-doers to sadistic and ironic penalty games, though this dropped off as the series went on. Despite the series finishing in 2004, it has a ton of anime and manga spin-offs, along with a popular card game that (to my knowledge) is still running. He's not exactly a traditional fighting game character, but that could arguably make him more interesting.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Aight, aight, I'm not going for a Dark Schneider-level of crazy pick this time around, but it's still cool. I was debating super hard on whether to submit this guy or Luckyman, and despite my slight personal preference for the latter, I feel the former's probably a bit higher of a priority. So here's The Man:

Job #17: Meisuke "Nube" Nueno from Hell Teacher Nube
1095599_1200.jpg

Meisuke Nueno is the protagonist of the supernatural action manga Hell Teacher Nube, which ran in Weekly Shonen Jump from '93 to '99.

Meisuke - or as everyone calls him, "Nube" - is a 25-year-old man with two different sides to his life. One is his role as the teacher of Class 5-3 of Donmouri Elementary School. The other is, of course.....the fact that he's an exorcist. He treats both of these jobs with equal importance, and it just so happens that all the yokai he exorcises for his profession oftentimes haunt the very school he's in. And so begins a constant string of situations where he must deal with all kinds of demons to protect his class. Depending on the situation, he can come across as either a serious and focused man or a total goofball.

Now then, you may notice that something's up with his hand! That's the Oni no Te: the result of a battle with a powerful oni - so much so that he had to seal its power in his left hand. With this, he can channel both the oni's power and his own spiritual energy into fighting his opponents - it also helps him free spirits and communicate with yokai. However, much like Shaggy, Nube can only use a fraction of its power, as the oni is still too powerful for him to handle. In this game, he could fight by making use of both this and an assortment of other exorcism techniques. TL;DR: cool demon hand

HTN was pretty successful for its time - it sold well, it got an anime, it even got a sequel series in the 2010s, etc, etc. And he does have a history with the Jump Stars games. Namely, he showed up in JUS......as an assist. Which was frankly kinda lame, as I feel there wasn't any real reason not to make him playable. HOWEVER, this was rectified when he got to appear as a full-fledged playable character in J-Stars Victory Vs.! And that was epic. All the while, he's of course appeared in stuff like mobile games and the like. So if we're going back a bit and jumping off of JUS for this game, then I think out of all the assists, Nube strikes me as one of the most "yeah we should totally promote him" kinda people. IMO, he's very much earned his spot, so I think it's time we finally make this man playable!

D

Deleted member

Luckyman (Tottemo! Luckyman)

Yōichi Tsuitenai was an extremely unlucky boy who was crushed by a space ship. But then was found by the intergalactic superhero Luckyman, who fused with him, giving him the ability to become a superhero with the power of extremely good luck when he eats a special pickled garlic clove, which he uses to defend the earth from aliens. But he must be in the presence of a lucky star, when it is a cloudy day and the star can't reach him, he gets extreme bad luck.

He could have a very fun and wacky moveset making use of his abilities and his good/bad luck states.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Kenshin
2. Luckyman
3. Yugi

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Kenshin 13
Yugi 16
Nube 1
Paifu 0
Luckyman 12

Himura Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin and Yami Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh will be joining the roster.

For the next job, we're gonna start talking movesets:

Job 18: Update the control scheme for the game
Jump Ultimate Stars' had a rather weird control scheme, but it worked. However, since we're making a modern platform fighter, I think we should probably update it a bit.

I suggest going for a similar approach to Nick All-Star Brawl (haven't played that game but I think I know the basic gist of the controls) and give each character 3 attack buttons that change depending on the direction you press. It's actually pretty similar to JUS's old control scheme but with a few more options. That said, we will have to figure out where to map shielding and taunting since the shoulder buttons will be used in the Koma deck

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
To be clear, Nick ASB's control scheme is having light attacks assigned to one button, heavy attacks assigned to another, and specials assigned to a third, right? That sounds good to me.

Would Minus/Select/Back work as a taunt button?

Not sure if we could have shielding being one set of shoulder buttons (ZL/ZR on Switch, L2/R2 on PS4/5, LT/RT on Xbox systems) and have the other (L/R, L1/R1, or LB/RB) be for switching characters, or if that would be too confusing and lead to people accidentally switching characters when they meant to shield, or vice versa.

(though I'm almost certainly over-thinking this haha)

One idea that I had for support characters was mapping them to the D-pad - you could assign a direction to them when building the deck, and each support would have a separate cooldown. It would mean that there'd only be a maximum of four supports in a deck, but it would be unusual to build a deck with more than that anyway.

max supports.png

The most that you could have in JUS was seven, and that was with only a single 4-koma or 5-koma character and all of the supports being 2-koma ones. (bump up any of the supports to the 3-koma version, add a 6-koma character or higher, or add a second character, and the amount decreases pretty quickly)

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Alright, so from what I understand, we're going for something like this... (using the Joy-cons as an example)

- Movement
- Dash
- Light Attack
- Heavy Attack
- Special Attack
- Shonen Jump
- Shield
- Summon Support Character
- Switch Character
- Taunt
- Pause

Does anyone have any objections or alternative suggestions?

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Alright, so from what I understand, we're going for something like this... (using the Joy-cons as an example)

- Movement
- Dash
- Light Attack
- Heavy Attack
- Special Attack
- Shonen Jump
- Shield
- Summon Support Character
- Switch Character
- Taunt
- Pause

Does anyone have any objections or alternative suggestions?
Yeah I'm cool with this

Jondolio

Smash Hero
If everyone else is okay with this, I'd just like to ask just one thing:
How do we differentiate this game's moveset structure from that of NASB? For reference, here's a list of moves each character had in that game:
Light Neutral
Light Down
Light Up
Light Dash Attack
Light NAir
Light UAir
Light DAir
Heavy Neutral
Heavy Down
Heavy Up
Heavy Dash Attack
Heavy NAir
Heavy UAir
Heavy DAir
Neutral Specials
Up Special
Down Special

Obviously, we would have super attacks, but I do feel like we need something more. I'm open to suggestions

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It's been a bit since I played Jump Ultimate Stars, but I know that game had left/right attacks like Smash Bros. (For example, Luffy had Gum Gum Gatling as his heavy attack, but if you pressed left or right, he used Gum Gum Bazooka) That's a start, at least.

Jump Super Stars had team super moves where, if you connected two specific characters with three special koma (I think they were Friendship, Effort, and Victory), they could use a team up super, like having Naruto and Goku fuse Rasengan and Kamehameha together, or Luffy and Jotaro sending out a barrage of fists. Maybe we could bring that back, where using a super move in those circumstances causes a team super to occur instead?

(admittedly, I feel like some of the picks would get pretty random towards the end if we brought back something like that, but I think we could figure out a way to make it work)

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I agree that "side" moves seem like a pretty natural thing to have, they were in the previous Jump Stars games, they're in Smash, it just makes sense

Also how about a "guard attack"? Y'know, an attack that you pull off while shielding. It's also been a while since I've last played JUS, but IIRC it had those too. Feels pretty natural IMO

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Alright, so side attacks and a guard attack will be present in these movesets. However, I don't think we should do forward and back aerials since we do need to differentiate our moveset structures from Smash beyond just not having traditional grabs.
Jump Super Stars had team super moves where, if you connected two specific characters with three special koma (I think they were Friendship, Effort, and Victory), they could use a team up super, like having Naruto and Goku fuse Rasengan and Kamehameha together, or Luffy and Jotaro sending out a barrage of fists. Maybe we could bring that back, where using a super move in those circumstances causes a team super to occur instead?
I'm in favor of this, and I also think some characters could have multiple team supers. For example, Luffy could have one with Jotaro like in JSS, but also one with Zoro.

We're not completely done with this job just yet, but for the sake of bringing back activity, we'll be starting the next job.

Job 19: Submit a stage based on KochiKame, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, YuYu Hakusho, or Hunter x Hunter
Like with the previous jobs, submit the location and explain how the stage would be structured.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Job #19: Kameari Police Station from Kochikame
20211205_101957.jpg

Ahhhhh, there it is. The iconic, ever-present police box stationed right in front of Kameari Park. This is easily the single most iconic and prevalent location in all of Kochikame, even being the namesake of the series' extended title! If we were to have any Kochikame stage at all, this would be it. EZPZ.

This would be another rather simple stage, having players fight in front of the station. Ryotsu's bike would also be there for players to either crash into or throw at others. The stage could also feature cameos from various important Kochikame characters, such as Reiko Akimoto, Keiichi Nakagawa, or Daijiro Ohara.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job 19: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure stage

So far, we've added Jotaro Kujo, who's mainly known for being from part 3, and Jolyne Cujoh, from part 6. Both of them appeared in part six, so I'm going to go with the Kennedy Space Center from that part of JoJo.

Admittedly, as I'm still watching the anime and I haven't read the manga, I have zero context for the importance of this stage; I'm basing it on its appearance in the PS3 game JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle. Gravity has gone out of control here, presumably due to the work of an enemy Stand, so characters fight on the side of a building as random floating pieces of debris serve as platforms.

The building itself seems fairly short, so perhaps the stage could be narrow but tall to reflect that. A space shuttle could be seen floating in the background, and some of the pieces of debris could move up and down to keep things interesting. (though others would be stable)

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Hunter x Hunter stage: Royal Palace of East Gorteau
1638793179413.png

A key location in Hunter x Hunter's Chimera Ant arc. It's basically where the entirety of the arc's lengthy climax takes place.

The fight takes place at the palace courtyard at night. It's a flat stage with two tall platform near the blast zones. Several characters occasionally fight in the background or simply observe the action. (if any of these characters make it as a playable character, they just don't appear when chosen)
Meruem
Netero
Neferpitou
Shaiapouf (or mini Pouf)
Killua
Morel
Knuckle Bine
Shoot McMahon
Meleoron
Menthuthuyoupi
Palm
Ikalgo
Welfin

The fights would be Meruem vs Netero and Killua/Morel/Shoot/Knuckle/Meleoron vs Youpi (no more than one fight at the same time tho)

The other characters simply watch the actual fight

Job 18 will close soon, so here's a summary of what moves each moveset should consist of:
Light Neutral
Light Side
Light Down
Light Up
Light Dash Attack
Light NAir
Light UAir
Light DAir
Heavy Neutral
Heavy Side
Heavy Down
Heavy Up
Heavy Dash Attack
Heavy NAir
Heavy UAir
Heavy DAir
Shield Attack
Neutral Specials
Side Special
Up Special
Down Special
Super Attack
Team Super(s)

If anyone objects to this, now is the time

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Hunter x Hunter stage: Royal Palace of East Gorteau
View attachment 339670
A key location in Hunter x Hunter's Chimera Ant arc. It's basically where the entirety of the arc's lengthy climax takes place.

The fight takes place at the palace courtyard at night. It's a flat stage with two tall platform near the blast zones. Several characters occasionally fight in the background or simply observe the action. (if any of these characters make it as a playable character, they just don't appear)
Meruem
Netero
Neferpitou
Shaiapouf (or mini Pouf)
Killua
Morel
Knuckle Bine
Shoot McMahon
Meleoron
Menthuthuyoupi
Palm
Ikalgo
Welfin

The fights would be Meruem vs Netero and Killua/Morel/Shoot/Knuckle/Meleoron vs Youpi (no more than one fight at the same time tho)

The other characters simply watch the actual fight

Job 18 will close soon, so here's a summary of what moves each moveset should consist of:
Light Neutral
Light Side
Light Down
Light Up
Light Dash Attack
Light NAir
Light UAir
Light DAir
Heavy Neutral
Heavy Side
Heavy Down
Heavy Up
Heavy Dash Attack
Heavy NAir
Heavy UAir
Heavy DAir
Shield Attack
Neutral Specials
Side Special
Up Special
Down Special
Super Attack
Team Super(s)

If anyone objects to this, now is the time
Since no one seems to object to my moveset structure suggestion, I'll be closing Job 18.

I'll also be wrapping up Job 19 due to the lack of submissions. We'll be adding all three stages

Job 20: Submit a Support Character
Submit an assist. The assist can be from whatever Jump series you want. Explain how they would function

Job 21: Submit a moveset for Goku
Using the template from my previous post, submit a moveset for Goku. Due to being one of the faces of this game and arguably why a lot of casual western fans would want to buy it, Goku should be a rather beginner-friendly character. (Though he'd be far from the only beginner-friendly character in this game since there are a lot of characters with that big of an audience)

For those unfamiliar with Goku, you can use his moveset from Jump Ultimate stars as an inspiration, as well as his other fighting game appearances. Here are some clips of him from Dragon Ball FighterZ, his most recent fighting game outing (only gonna post gameplay of his base form and his Super Saiyan form since those will be the main forms we'll be using in this game. Super Saiyan Goku could inspire his supers):

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Job #20: Senku Ishigami (Dr. Stone)

I have no clue how supports work, but he seems to be the perfect "support" character for a Jump crossover game :yoshi:
Here's an example of how some of them work
It would really help if you explained how he functioned, by the way

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
It would really help if you explained how he functioned, by the way
Okay then.

Senku Ishigami, despite having a gnarly Goku hairstyle, is anything but a fighter. He's weaker than even your average Smashboards poster, and he has not even a millimeter of a shot against any typical shonen protagonist. His claim to fame is 2 million years worth of human development stored in his mind, and he's using it to rebuild civilization after 3700 years of every human being turning to stone. With his scientific knowledge he's constantly reinventing things and concepts out of scratch to his benefit, eventually getting to a point where the world now has access to the internet. The closest he gets to combat is when he tries to make something on the fly, like nitroglycerin-laced paper airplanes. But he has a ton of supporters he picked up with his knowledge that makes saving the human race ten billion times more achievable. Sosoruze, kore wa! :yoshi:

Top Bottom