• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates Food Fight!: A Food/Drink Mascot Platform Fighter (Rebooted Thread)

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I think I will close voting for now.

Results:

The Mall: 3
Food Court Central: 3
Restaurant Table: 3

Wow...a 3 way tie but I think I'm just gonna let The Mall and The Restaurant Table be the Battlefield and FD of the game so congrats to Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario and DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 !

Now, for the next job:

Job 29:

Submit a food mascot from a snack brand. Explain a bit about your mascot, why they should be in the game and what they can bring to the table.

Get those submissions going!

I will be resubmitting Finn (Goldfish).

FullSizeRender.jpg

One of the most popular snacks out there owned by Pepperidge Farm. There aren't many fish fighters in platform fighters. So, why not add Finn? He's been the mascot for Goldfish since the 1960s. Goldfish was one of my favorite snacks growing up anyway. He can fight by swimming, cheese bubbles, etc. like a goldfish. I can imagine his stage being that film studio in the commercials and what not.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Julius Pringles

The only real elegible choice from a crisp brand to my knowledge, Julius Pringles - whether we give him a body or just make him a head - could fight with his curvy crisps and all the crazy things you can do with them, like the famous Pringle wheel, to make sure everyone has a Merry Pringles.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ignore this.

Will post something else.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I think I will close voting for now.

Results:

The Mall: 3
Food Court Central: 3
Restaurant Table: 3

Wow...a 3 way tie but I think I'm just gonna let The Mall and The Restaurant Table be the Battlefield and FD of the game so congrats to Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario and DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 !

Now, for the next job:

Job 29:

Submit a food mascot from a snack brand. Explain a bit about your mascot, why they should be in the game and what they can bring to the table.

Get those submissions going!

I will be resubmitting Finn (Goldfish).

FullSizeRender.jpg

One of the most popular snacks out there owned by Pepperidge Farm. There aren't many fish fighters in platform fighters. So, why not add Finn? He's been the mascot for Goldfish since the 1960s. Goldfish was one of my favorite snacks growing up anyway. He can fight by swimming, cheese bubbles, etc. like a goldfish. I can imagine his stage being that film studio in the commercials and what not.
Julius Pringles

The only real elegible choice from a crisp brand to my knowledge, Julius Pringles - whether we give him a body or just make him a head - could fight with his curvy crisps and all the crazy things you can do with them, like the famous Pringle wheel, to make sure everyone has a Merry Pringles.
Job 29:Pillsbury Doughboy

Pillsbury Doughboy is a mascot from Pillsbury. Doughboy Bering a fighter,would be he using a wooden spoon and bakery objects to attack
I know he's been submitted before but I'll submit Mr. Peanut.
See the source image

Because this iconic food mascot coming back from the dead isn't as bad as the existence of baby nut.

So sorry about the inactivity of the thread. But, now, let's vote. Vote for your top 2 but you only can put your own submission in second.

Finn (Goldfish) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Julius Pringles (Pringles) Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Pillsbury Doughboy (Pillsbury) DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
Mr. Peanut (Planters) Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule

1. Mr. Peanut (We do not have a sword fighter ish archetype yet in this game and Planters is super iconic.)
2. Finn (Self-vote but fish aren't really characters in many fighting games. Therefore, Finn would be a fun choice.)

All these mascots should get in the game at some form at this point.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright. Sorry about the long wait everyone. This thread is still alive. Here are the results from the job.

Finn: 2
Julius Pringles: 4
Pillsbury Doughboy: 6
Mr. Peanut: 8

Seems Mr. Peanut from Planters will be our 10th fighter in this game so congrats to Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule

Now, for the next job:

Job 30:

Submit/design a stage for Mr. Peanut. Describe the layout, hazards and/or gimmicks for the stage. Get submitting!

My stage idea:

The Nutmobile (Planters)

What the Nutmobile looks like (I couldn't get an image to post here)

Basically, you fight on top of it on a road and it just passes through various locations seen in the Planters commercials. Baby Nut makes an appearance (I would be forced by PLANTERS to do so.)

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright so sorry about the inconsistency about this thread but it's still alive. My stage for Mr. Peanut joins by default. Now, onward to the next 2 jobs to get the thread back in action.

Job 31:

Design/create a moveset for Mr. Peanut.

Job 32:

Submit assist items for Mr. Peanut.

Get submitting!

I may make a moveset. That is to be determined.

Assist items:

Planters Classic Peanuts

815HjbS8nUL._SX425_.jpg

The classic Planters peanuts. You have 20 of the classic peanuts to throw at the opponents to make them stunned for a second.

Planters Heart Healthy Mix

1405884_SPR_ecommfullsize.jpg

A healthy treat for the fighter Mr. Peanut is assisting! This'll give the fighter a temporary stats buff as well.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Freshly Roasted Peanuts in Milk Chocolate

Hidden inside this sugary snack is a great dose of NUTrition - when you eat it it'll deal a crippling 80 damage, but if you can keep on that stock for another 25 secomds you'll instantly be healed to -10 damage! Your weight is the default until your percentage exits the negative zone.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright so sorry about the inconsistency about this thread but it's still alive. My stage for Mr. Peanut joins by default. Now, onward to the next 2 jobs to get the thread back in action.

Job 31:

Design/create a moveset for Mr. Peanut.

Job 32:

Submit assist items for Mr. Peanut.

Get submitting!

I may make a moveset. That is to be determined.

Assist items:

Planters Classic Peanuts

View attachment 354002

The classic Planters peanuts. You have 20 of the classic peanuts to throw at the opponents to make them stunned for a second.

Planters Heart Healthy Mix

View attachment 354003

A healthy treat for the fighter Mr. Peanut is assisting! This'll give the fighter a temporary stats buff as well.
Freshly Roasted Peanuts in Milk Chocolate

Hidden inside this sugary snack is a great dose of NUTrition - when you eat it it'll deal a crippling 80 damage, but if you can keep on that stock for another 25 secomds you'll instantly be healed to -10 damage! Your weight is the default until your percentage exits the negative zone.
Alright. I'm going to close the assist items for Mr. Peanut job. Now, let's vote for your top 2 assist items for him. You can only put your own in second. To make up for the lack of activity this thread gets, I'll be posing another job with voting. Also, the moveset job for Mr. Peanut is still open.

Planter Classic Peanuts AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Planters Heart Healthy Mix AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Freshly Roasted Peanuts in Milk Chocolate Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario

1. Freshly Roasted Peanuts in Milk Chocolate (I love the idea of assist item doing damage then benefiting you.)
2. Planter Classic Peanuts (Self-vote but can't go wrong with the classics.)

For the next job:

Job 33:

Submit newcomer prompts for future newcomers.

My newcomer prompt:

Submit a food mascot that does not fall into the category of fast food, drinks, snacks and/or cereal. Can be from any other food product besides alcoholic products.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Legendary Legume: Mr. Peanut!

Mr. Peanut is fast, nimble, and likes to keep his foe at a distance with his cane - he's the Marth of this game really. He has a gentleman's demeanor. He doesn't have a tipper, but attacks using the cane's head tend to be more powerful

Light: A three-hit attack - two sword-like slashes followed by a more hammer like whack

Up Light: Mr. Peanut swings his cane above his head.

Down Light: Mr. Peanut jabs his cane down by the head with one hand

Light Dash: Mr. Peanut slashes with his cane like a sword

Light Air: A Palutena-esque cane spin. Multihit.

Down Light Air: Mr. Peanut waves his cane above him, this move sends downwards despite having an upwards hitbox

Up Light Air: Vice versa of the down light

Strong - skips straight to the third hit of the light

Up Strong: Mr. Peanut flips his cane above him while he kicks up.

Down Strong: Mr. Peanut jabs his cane down by the bottom with both hands. Doesn't go as far and is slower, but is a lot more powerul than the down light

Strong Dash: Mr. Peanut slams his head into his cane as to resemble a nutcracker's mouth

Strong Air: Mr. Peanut opens a pack of peanuts and spins it around him

Down Strong Air: Mr. Peanut "downwards thrusts" with his cane, head first. NOT a stall & fall.

Up Strong Air: tips his hat, it spins and returns to him

Special: Baby Nut Mr. Peanut turns into Baby Nut - this makes him very small and doesn't deal much damage, but has great knockback and comes out extremely fast. Think of it like a reverse shine. This is your last resort if foes are getting into your comfort zone! Now, if you want to get away instead of send away your foe...

Up Special: Dab Mr. Peanut dabs, which sends him upwards in a backwards diagonal arc. This move can be cancelled into any action and doesn't leave him helpless. No offensive application

Side Special: Charge! Mr. Peanut charges a cane jab ala Marth or Leonardo's neutral B. This goes downwards in air. This will push shielding foes backwards even if they parry or perfect block. It higher charge it will lunge forwards

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright. For Mr. Peanut's assist items, they are going to be the Classic Peanuts and the Chocolate Peanuts assist. Congrats to me and Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario

Now, let's vote on job prompts.

Alright. I'm going to close the assist items for Mr. Peanut job. Now, let's vote for your top 2 assist items for him. You can only put your own in second. To make up for the lack of activity this thread gets, I'll be posing another job with voting. Also, the moveset job for Mr. Peanut is still open.

Planter Classic Peanuts AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Planters Heart Healthy Mix AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Freshly Roasted Peanuts in Milk Chocolate Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario

1. Freshly Roasted Peanuts in Milk Chocolate (I love the idea of assist item doing damage then benefiting you.)
2. Planter Classic Peanuts (Self-vote but can't go wrong with the classics.)

For the next job:

Job 33:

Submit newcomer prompts for future newcomers.

My newcomer prompt:

Submit a food mascot that does not fall into the category of fast food, drinks, snacks and/or cereal. Can be from any other food product besides alcoholic products.
Submit a second representative for a brand
There's a certain lunar crooner I want to submit for this

Will try to make a moveset for Mr. Peanut at some point.
Submit a Meat/Fish company Mascot
1. Chocolate
2. Classic

Prompt: Submit an ice cream or dairy product mascot
Submit a food mascot that does not fall into the category of fast food, drinks, snacks and/or cereal. Can be from any other food product besides alcoholic products. AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Submit a second representative for a brand Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Submit a Meat/Fish Company Mascot DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26

Submit an ice cream or dairy product mascot Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule

Vote for your top 2 prompts, you can only vote for your job prompt in second.

1. Meat/Fish Company Mascot
2. Ice Cream/Dairy Product Mascot

Two kinds of products that are not yet represented on the roster with a mascot.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright. I'm closing voting. Also, the moveset Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario made for Mr. Peanut will be used so congrats to him! Now, to the results:

Miscellaneous Mascots: 0
Second representative: 2
Meat/Fish Company Mascot: 5
Ice Cream/Dairy Mascot: 5

It's a tie between Meat/Fish Company Mascot and Ice Cream/Dairy Mascot so congrats to DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 and Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule ! We will do those two jobs first and then do the job Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario posed for a second representative for a brand with a character on the roster. So, without further ado...

Job 34:

Submit a mascot from a meat/fish company. Explain a bit about your mascot, what brand they come from, how they would fight, etc.

Hopefully we can all find some interesting picks so get submitting!

My submission:

Charlie The Tuna (StarKist)

Modern_Charlie.png

Charlie is the spokes-tuna for StarKist which is a brand of tuna since 1961. He has been used in the ads for the brand till the 1980s. However, he made a comeback in 1999 and is still currently the mascot. He is actually one of the most recognized mascots in American advertising, he even made a cameo appearance in the horrendous animated film from 2012, Food Fight! Like how I want Finn from Goldfish in the game, Charlie would be a fish-based fighter. Heck, even throw in some StarKist products into his moveset as well as aquatic based movement. Because of him being super iconic, Charlie deserves to be on the roster.

Oddball

Smash Lord
It's time for this topic to take home a package of Tennessee Pride.

and by that, I mean including

The Tennessee Pride Farmboy

tenn.jpg

The Tennessee Pride farmboy is a cultural icon in rural Tennessee—he has made appearances at the Grand Ol’ Opry in Nashville, and on countless television programs over the years. Though his public appearances are less frequent these days, the farmboy still holds a special place in the heart of folks who grew up with Odom’s Tennessee Pride on their families’ kitchen tables.
(Description taken from the offical website)

As a fighter, the Farmboy would be quick to, fiddle, fish, and stomp his feet dancin'. I can also see him hitting you with sausage links, trapping you beatween two large biscuits, and even grabbing hold of a run away pig and letting it drag him around the arena.

Last edited:

Tekken_Guy

Smash Apprentice
3D79FA1B-69F9-4E32-8231-A3D6BEE3EE7D.jpeg

The Gorton’s Fisherman. He is the mascot of the Gorton’s brand, who make frozen fish food. The fisherman would fight by using fishing rods, nets and even boats.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright. I'm closing voting. Also, the moveset Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario made for Mr. Peanut will be used so congrats to him! Now, to the results:

Miscellaneous Mascots: 0
Second representative: 2
Meat/Fish Company Mascot: 5
Ice Cream/Dairy Mascot: 5

It's a tie between Meat/Fish Company Mascot and Ice Cream/Dairy Mascot so congrats to DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 and Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule ! We will do those two jobs first and then do the job Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario posed for a second representative for a brand with a character on the roster. So, without further ado...

Job 34:

Submit a mascot from a meat/fish company. Explain a bit about your mascot, what brand they come from, how they would fight, etc.

Hopefully we can all find some interesting picks so get submitting!

My submission:

Charlie The Tuna (StarKist)

View attachment 354553

Charlie is the spokes-tuna for StarKist which is a brand of tuna since 1961. He has been used in the ads for the brand till the 1980s. However, he made a comeback in 1999 and is still currently the mascot. He is actually one of the most recognized mascots in American advertising, he even made a cameo appearance in the horrendous animated film from 2012, Food Fight! Like how I want Finn from Goldfish in the game, Charlie would be a fish-based fighter. Heck, even throw in some StarKist products into his moveset as well as aquatic based movement. Because of him being super iconic, Charlie deserves to be on the roster.
It's time for this topic to take how a package of Tennessee Pride.

and by that, I mean including

The Tennessee Pride Farmboy

View attachment 354616

(Description taken from the offical website)

As a fighter, the Farmboy would be quick to, fiddle, fish, and stomp his feet dancin'. I can also see him hitting you with sausage links, trapping you beatween two large biscuits, and even grabbing hold of a run away pig and letting it drag him around the arena.
View attachment 354632

The Gorton’s Fisherman. He is the mascot of the Gorton’s brand, who make frozen fish food. The fisherman would fight by using fishing rods, nets and even boats.
Alright. I think I will close the job now.

Charlie the Tuna (StarKist) AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
The Tennessee Pride Farmboy ((Tennessee Pride) Oddball Oddball
Gorton's Fisherman (Gorton's) Tekken_Guy Tekken_Guy

Vote for your top two. You can only put your own submission in second!

1. The Tennessee Pride Farmboy (I love this deep cut mascot choice. He would be a farmer/country boy based fighter so a new fighter archetype. Nice.)
2. Charlie the Tuna (Self-vote but he's super iconic and he was in Food Fight. That just shows how iconic he is.)

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright. I will close voting.

Charlie the Tuna: 7
The Tennessee Pride Farmboy: 5
Gorton's Fisherman: 2

Well, by the looks of it, our 11th fighter will be none other than the spokes-tuna himself from StarKist, Charlie the Tuna!

Now, for the next job:

Job 35:

Submit/design a stage for Charlie. Describe the layout, hazards and/or gimmicks for the stage. Get submitting!

My stage idea:

StarKist Sea

ModernCharlie-1600x680.jpg

Based on the various StarKist commercials, this stage is a walkout stage underwater. Therefore, the fighters will jump and attack a little slower than usual. Occasionally, other sea creatures will pass by with signs the say "Sorry Charlie!" If you run into one of them, you take damage.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Alright, I see it's universally agreed on that StarKist Sea will be Charlie's stage so congrats to me! Time for the next two jobs.

Job 36:

Design/create a moveset for Charlie the Tuna.

Job 37:

Submit assist items for Charlie the Tuna.

I may make a moveset for Charlie. This is to be determined but I have assist items in mind,

Assist Items:

StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water

75a3ecd3-f21c-49ab-99ec-b1c7d0af7906.jpeg

The famous canned tuna from StarKist! When given to the person getting assisted, the player will gain extra speed similar to a fish thanks to a tuna. It's like the Accellerattle spell Hero can cast on himself. Basically, a temporary speed buff.

StarKist Ready to Go Original Deli Style Tuna Salad

maxresdefault.jpg

A meal ready to eat for the fighter! When given to the fighter, the fighter will be able to throw the cracker with tuna on it stunning the foes for a quick second. Therefore, a handy projectile item!

Top Bottom