• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Champions of The Domain, a Public Domain Platform Fighter

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Johnny Appleseed and Little Red Riding Hood's Moveset will be added,and it's submitted by Oddball Oddball

------

Next Job is...

Job 28: Submit an Alternate Costumes for Robin Hood and/or Hercules

now it's time for Robin Hood and Hercules got their own 10 alternate costumes

Job 29: Submit an item

cause we need more items

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Come on, guys. We gotta have people other than me adding to this.

Anyway ... Hercules!

hercs.png

Steve Reeves
Hercules Unchained
Disney
Mighty Hercules
Steve Reeves in armor
God of War
The Avenger
Nemean lion outfit
Marble Statue
Kevin Sorbo

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Item: Mithril

The Metal Box equivilent. If you pick it up your character is coated in a blue sheen and is harder to launch.

Mithril isnt technically officially public domain since it comes from the middle earth series, but it has been used in all kinds of video games afterwards meaning it’s basically a common trope anyways and a de facto part of public domain.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Item: Mjölnir (Norse myths)
Screenshot 2024-07-25 163149.png

The hammer of the thunder god Thor in Norse mythology used both as a devastating weapon and as a divine instrument to provide blessings.

When wielded, the user gets the ability to summon lightning as well throw the hammer at opponents which come back.

Oddball

Smash Lord
robins.png

Default Robin Hood
Men in Tights
Prince of Thieves
The Fox
Shirtless Robin Hood (A little something for the ladies)
Hooded Robin
Robin in Yellow for some reason
Anime Robin Hood
Rocket Robin Hood
Will Scarlet outfit

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Mithril: 2 Yes, 1 No
Mjonir: 3 Yes, 0 No
Death's Scythe: 1 Yes, 2 No

Mithril and Mjonir will be added

-----
Next Job is...

Job 30: Submit a Rapunzel's Moveset

Rapunzel is the next one to get a moveset,you need to submiy a moveset for her, 4 Special Attacks and a Final Smash who is called Super Domain Finale

Job 31: Submit a Public Domain character

this job, you will submit a public domain, it can be any pulbic domain character

Discussion 2: What Are You Think About the Roster?

now is a discussion about your thoughts about the roster

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
31. Arsène Lupin

519RLOLPq-L.jpg

Known better today as the ancestor of Monkey Punch’s Lupin III, Arsène Lupin is a one of the codifiers of the gentleman thief trope and disguise expert. The character was created by Maurice Leblanc in 1905 and would appear in 17 novels and 39 novellas. Lupin is often a force for good while operating on the wrong side of the law.

Around 1908, Lupin would famously tangle with then-contemporary detective Sherlock Holmes, but Sir Arthur Conan Doyle raised legal objections, resulting in the character being renamed Herlock Sholmes in later printings.

hg.jpg

Discussion 2: What Are You Think About the Roster?
I got no complaints.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Doge

Not the first thing you’d think of when imagining public domain but the shareability of memes is a huge part of their importance and important to the discussion of public domain. You could basically rep multiple eras as well, having some attacks with the classic multi coloured comic sans words and some with Buff Doge. Also rip kabotsu.
I will resubmit Doge

I’ll also probably get in my thoughts on the roster in a bit.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 31: Dorothy Gale (Wizard of Oz)

since Mamboo07 Mamboo07 submitted Dorothy,i can submit her too

Dorothy is the protagonist from Oz books, she is a girl orphan who was went by an tornado and went going into World of Oz, and she have her friends, the cowardly Lion, the Tinman and the Scarecrow.

Wizrd of Oz have a lot of alternate versions, the most famous is the 1939 movie, and how Dorothy will fight will be same from Mamboo07 Mamboo07 said or any other option.

MartianSnake

Smash Ace
Thoughts on roster:

To be honest, still perturbed about the captain hook thing. I hope future ties are decided by random selection or tiebreaker votes, not personal preference from the thread owner.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Thoughts on roster:

To be honest, still perturbed about the captain hook thing. I hope future ties are decided by random selection or tiebreaker votes, not personal preference from the thread owner.
You can continue partcipating this thread,even that i was an idiot on job of having a playable villain

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord

Captain Hook
He came close before. I think pirate is a really important archetype to dip into. I think some more villains would be important for our story mode. He would use his hook, a cutless cannon stuff, and could even summon the crocodile.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
I think our roster is a solid collection of beginner characters for something like this. Moving forward, I think we could add some more deep cut characters and maybe move slightly away from literature/fairy tales for the moment since a lot of our picks are pretty "expected." I would like to add characters from mythologies besides Greek as well.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion

Oddball

Smash Lord
I thought I had Dorthy on the end of that list.

Weird.

Okay.

Hook
Pooh
Lupin
Dorothy

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Arsène Lupin: 12
Doge: 0
Dorothy: 7
Winnie The Pooh: 2
Captain Hook: 16
Sun Wukong: 18
John Henry: 12

the first winner is, the monkey king (and that one who made for inspiration for Goku),Sun Wukong with 18 Points,congratulations Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP !

the second winner is,the pirate from neverland, Captain Hook, with 16 Points, and i will get congratulations for both TORNADO BUS DRIVER TORNADO BUS DRIVER and Oddball Oddball who submitted Hook first, and i thought that Peter Pan will be submitted intead Hook

and i was thinking in add a 3rd winner,cause we have John Henry and Lupin,i will go add the poll of strawpoll
Vote Here

also, the Job of Rapunzel's moveset is still open,go submit a moveset for Rapunzel

--------
Next Job is...

Job 32: Submit a King Arthur's Moveset

next to have a moveset is King Arthur, and i alsmost forgot to submit this job

Job 33: Submit Misc Animations for The Fighters

one more thing who the characters will be added is Misc animations, who are Entrance Animation, 3 Taunts, Victory Animation and Losing Animation

Oddball

Smash Lord
Rapunzel Moves

Special: Hair Whip
Forward Special: Melodic Missle: Rapunzel sings, releasing small colorful musical notes that act as projectiles with a slight homing effect,
Down Special: Tower Shield: Call upon a magical shield based on her tower, deflecting projectiles.
Up Special: Whirling Ascension: Rapunzel twirls her hair into a small, powerful whirlwind around her, launching herself upward.

Final Smash: Rapunzel grabs her opponent, or opponents with her hair and cinematiclly throws them into the window of a tall tower, which then collapses

King Arthur Moves

Special:
Excalibur Slash: A powerful sword attack using Excalibur, dealing heavy damage and having a wide range.

Forward Special
Dragon Charge: Arthur holds his sword out while dashing forward, a energy Dragon effect appears around him (sort of like Captain Falcon's fire birds)

Down Special
Sword in the Stone: Arthur plants Excalibur into the ground, creating a shockwave that stuns nearby enemies. He then pulls the sword out with a powerful follow-up attack.

Up Special
Excalibur Ascend : Thrusts Excalibur skyward, propelling himself upward and dealing damage to enemies above.

Final Smash
Camelot's Call: Summons the Knights of the Round Table for a coordinated attack, dealing damage to all enemies in the vicinity.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
The Moveset for King Arthur and Rapunzel will be added

and the Job for Misc Animations are open

and we will announce the 3rd winner, the 3rd winner is, the american hero, John Henry, congratulations D darkvortex

-------
Next Job is...

Job 34: Submit a Reveal Trailer

yes,next job is you create a script for a reveal trailer for Champions of The Domain,let your idea

Job 35: Submit a Mode for Versus Mode

and the Versus Mode need a mode, it can be adifferent mode, give your idea

Oddball

Smash Lord
Reveal trailer for the game.

[Opening Scene]

The screen is pitch black. A deep, mysterious voice echoes: “The time has come…”

The trailer opens with a dark, spooky castle. Thunder roars and lightning flashes, illuminating the silhouette of Dracula standing atop a tower. He spreads his cape and transforms into a swarm of bats, flying towards the screen.

The bats fly through a dense, ancient forest. Suddenly an arrow flies past them, barely missing the bats and scattering them. Robin Hood emerges from the shadows, drawing his bow and firing another arrow that whizzes past the camera.

The arrow hits a stone wall, which shatters as Hercules bursts through, flexing his muscles before toppling over some near by pillars adn creating a cloud of dust.

The cloud of dust changes to a London Fog. As it lifts slightly, we see Sherlock Holmes examining something on the ground in a foggy London street. A shadow approaches and he adjusts his deerstalker hat and brandishes a cane-sword.

Holmes’ cane-sword clashes with a shadowy figure’s sword. The camera pulls away revealing Captain Hook on a pirate ship in a storm.

Hook’s ship sails across the sea, we pull out to see it in a mystical lake. On the shore, King Arthur stands drawing Excalibur from a stone, the blade glowing with a mystical light.

Arthur’s sword reflects a bright light that transitions to a sunny sky in a whimsical Wonderland setting. Alice tumbles down a rabbit hole, landing gracefully and pulling out a vorpal blade.

[Battle Scenes]

Quick cuts show intense battles between the characters:

• Dracula and Hercules clash in a gothic cathedral.
  • Sherlock Holmes and Captain Hook duel in a foggy London street.
  • King Arthur and Robin Hood face off in Sherwood Forest

The trailer builds to a climax with all characters converging in an epic showdown. The screen goes dark, and the game’s title appears: “Champions of the Domain”.

[Closing Scene]

The final scene shows the characters standing together, ready for battle. The deep, mysterious voice returns: “The legends awaken…”

The release date and platforms are revealed, followed by a tagline: “Unleash the Legends!”.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Stamina Mode and Oddball Oddball 's Trailer will be added

and the job who is submit Misc animations are open
------
Next Job is...

Job 36: Submit alternate Costumes for King Arthur and/or Little Red Rididng Hood

now the next for get Alternate Costumes are King Arthur and Little Red Riding Hood,give your idea

Job 37: Submit a Legend/Myth/Folklore Character

the next character Job is you submit a character originated by an legend/myth/folklore,you can submit a character who can be a cryptid as Bigfoot and a folklore character who can be other country or from USA or a mythology character, but you can't submit God from the Bible, Jesus Christ nor The Devil

Oddball

Smash Lord
Pecos Bill

fec02b9fdf40e5d7bae76be615d2d2c0.jpg

Pecos Bill isn't just a cowboy. He is THE cowboy. An American folk hero, Bill is the embodiment of the wild west hero.

The was raised by wild coyotes, used a rattle snake as a lasso, once lassoed and road a tornado, dug the Gulf of Mexico so he horse could have a swimming hole, and then dug the Rio Grande to water his cattle. He also once took his pistol out and shot every star out of the sky above Texas except one. And THAT is why Texas is called the Lone Star State.

We don't have any cowboys on our roster yet, and they don't come bigger than Bill.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion

Santa Claus
He brings gifts on Christmas Eve with the help of his reindeer and elves.
He would use the gifts he's made as attacks like throwing presents.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
GettyImages-464440591-e1702917812577.jpg

Baba Yaga
A witch who lives in a house that walks on chicken legs. She has been seen as both a good and evil figure in Slavic folklore. She has a long unnatural body and animal like parts, which could lean into a really fun shape shifty like moveset, also using her broom and of course her house. She can also summon a firebird. I think a witch is a must have for a game like this.

Top Bottom