• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Bloons Blowout (Bloons franchise platform fighter): DEVELOPMENT OFFICIALLY COMPLETE, PLEASE NO MORE REPLIES UNLESS NECESSARY

PopCultureCorn

Pop Culture Enthusiast and Beginner Animator
NNID
PopCultureCorn
I think I'll abstain from Job 127 as I want to give someone else their chance, but I did have this gimmick in mind for Cave Monkey where for its neutral special, it would be similar to Pyra's side special, but unlike Pyra's side special, Cave Monkey's club would not return to it after use, instead just falling to the ground and staying there until Cave Monkey picks it up. Without its club, Cave Monkey will use a giant bone as a substitute, which is a little weaker than the club and has no stunning properties.

Job 128 (One submission and one re-submission):
Meebling World (Meeblings)
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5ibG9nY2RuLmNvbS9i.png

The stage layout can consist of random layouts and Herelings will occasionally pull fighters in like magnets.

Stronghold Attack (Red Reign)
1658619608741.png

I can see its layout similar to Castle Siege, where it would take place on the stronghold walls and there would be a live battle between two enemy teams who may also fling fireballs and boulders at the stronghold.

FazDude

Smash Master
Non-Bloons Stage: Cash Sprint

It's already a Ninja Kiwi Arcade game, but being Ninja Kiwi's first ever game earns it some brownie points. I'd imagine the layout and aesthetic being similar to that of Smash for Wii U.

for the record i would also vouch for the car itself being playable ala daytona in fighters megamix

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ok, results recap:

-It looks like my Bloonchipper moveset won the vote, so that will be used. Fazdude's Cave Monkey moveset will make it in as well, so congrats to Fazdude!
-I've decided to split mine and Fazdude's submissions and add Meeblings World and Cash Sprint as our two non-Bloons Ninja Kiwi stages!

Job #129: Submit a Monkey Knowledge set for Sniper Monkey!

Job #130: Submit a new Boss Bloon!

Job #131: Submit a stage that fits with the Boss Bloon you submitted for Job 130!

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Sniper Monkey Knowledge
  • Tier 1
    • Elite Military Training: Sniper Monkey makes a bit more cash from popped Bloons.
    • Ceramic Shock: Sniper Monkey deals extra damage to Ceramic Bloons.
    • Quick Reload: Sniper Monkey's N. Special has less startlag.
    • Tall Trees: Sniper Monkey's U. Special tree has more height.
  • Tier 2
    • Military Conscription: All of Sniper Monkey's "tier 1" upgrades for specials cost less cash.
    • Cheaper Maiming: Sniper Monkey deals extra damage to Big Bloons.
    • Bush Ambush: The shots fired by Sniper Monkey with Down Special deal more damage.
  • Tier 3
    • Boom, Headshot!: Headshots on opponents with N. Special deal double the damage.
    • Armor Piercer: Sniper Monkey's N. Special will always break shields.
  • Tier 4
    • Extreme Stealth: Sniper Monkey ignores projectiles while idle.

Boss Bloon: Dreadbloon (BTD5)
1658697784896.png

Stage: "Dreadbloon's Domain" (unofficial name, Bloons Monkey City)
1658697814897.png

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
So I forgot to say this yesterday, but I've decided to abstain from all 3 previous jobs because I already liked Fazdude's submissions, so I'll give those submissions their time in the spotlight. But anyways, onto the next jobs!

Job #132: Submit a stage layout for Floating Islands! (The non-boss version of the stage)

Job #133: Submit some alternate costumes & colors for the first 4 playable characters! (Dart Monkey, Bomb Shooter, Super Monkey, Quincy). Bonus points if you can come up with 3 alternate costumes and/or colors per character!

FazDude

Smash Master
I'm going to do the alts first and do the Floating Islands later.
  • Dart Monkey
    • Super Monkey Fan Club outfit (green cloak)
    • Crossbow mask
    • Triple Shot Hat
  • Bomb Shooter
    • Yellow
    • Green
    • Red
  • Super Monkey
    • Gray
    • Yellow
    • Black
  • Quincy
    • Red
    • Green
    • Yellow

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
For Floating Islands, I think its layout should be similar to that of Yoshi's Story in Melee, thus giving this stage a competitive-friendly layout

My Alternate costume ideas:
Dart Monkey:
Photo Jul 25, 4 04 23 PM.jpg
screenshot.2.jpg
1658780941470.png

Bomb Shooter:
1658780663638.png
Photo Jul 25, 4 04 59 PM.jpg
1658780720638.png

Super Monkey:
screenshot.3.jpg
screenshot.5.jpg
screenshot.4.jpg

Quincy:
latest_30.png
latest_1_30.png
Photo Jul 25, 4 05 35 PM.jpg

In case you're wondering, yes, there will be unique forms for alternate costumes when it comes to upgrades. Speaking of upgrades, I'm generally trying to avoid alternate colors as much as possible since most towers and some heroes change their colors when upgrading.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Wait, how would Dart Monkey's classic alt work alongside the identical Retro Monkey assist?
Well, let's for say......The Retro Monkey appears completely 2D, while Dart Monkey in his classic alt would appear more 3D and cel-shaded

If anything, I can exclude the classic alt and go with the Super Monkey Fan Club outfit (green cloak) that you mentioned.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, So I've decided that most of my submissions will make the cut. I will only be omitting my classic alt for Dart Monkey and replacing it with the Super Monkey Fan Club outfit (green cloak).

Job #134: Submit a Monkey Knowledge set for COBRA!

Job #135: Submit 3 Ninja Kiwi Flash games to be added to Ninja Kiwi Arcade! Be sure to describe how their controls would work for consoles!

My submissions:
Job 134:
  • Tier 1
    • Sharper Bullets: COBRA's N. Special deals more damage
    • W.H.E.E.E.: W.H.E.E. gets some extra airtime
    • Greater Misdirection: Increases the radius of the Misdirection traps as well as their effects
    • Sneaky Agent: COBRA's attacks deal more damage when he strikes the backs of opponents
  • Tier 2
    • Wired Funds: Cash generates on a constant rate. You get $5 cash every 4 seconds
    • Secret Bonus Revenue: Every Bloon COBRA pops will award him with 10% more cash
    • Bloon Control: Any Bloon COBRA hits will fly out of control and pop other Bloons in its path
  • Tier 3
    • Twice the Firepower: Cobra gets 2 guns for double the gun shots and shot speed
    • Finish Him!: Every 5th bullet from COBRA's gun will have twice the damage and knockback!
  • Tier 4
    • Agent Cover Supreme: COBRA's dodges and shields are now replaced by invisibility as long as the shield button is held down.

Job 135:
Bloons Tower Defense 2
1658798842079.png

Pretty much the same controls Fazdude described for Bloons TD 1.

Hotcorn
1658798976836.png

Control stick to move. A button for menu selections or other certain actions

Rings
1658799104374.png

Control stick to move to areas. A button to confirm choice.

FazDude

Smash Master
I really like PCC's COBRA knowledge, so I'll just handle the Ninja Kiwi Arcade job.

Bloons Super Monkey 2 (Flash)
Control stick to move. A button to navigate through menus.

Bloons Insanity
Same controls as the other Bloons games included thus far.

Bloons Pop 3
Use the A button and control stick to choose which Bloons you want to swap.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Ummm, Fazdude, I submitted Hot Air Bloon first, lol

Also, despite (freaking) Crashboards earlier today, Jobs 134 and 135 will still end tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, I've decided that ALL submissions will be added! We shall proceed forward!

Job #136: Submit a stage layout for Scrapyard!

Job #137: Submit a stage layout for Frozen Over!

Job #138: Submit some alternate costumes & colors for Captain Churchill, Wizard Monkey, Sniper Monkey and COBRA. Bonus points if you can come up with 3 alternate costumes and/or colors per character! Original costume ideas are ok too!

FazDude

Smash Master
I don't really have a layout in mind for Scrapyard or Frozen Over, but I can think of some costumes.

• Captain Churchill
    • Sentai Churchill
    • Camoflauged (the tank becomes covered in leaves)
    • Orange Bloon (orange tank, red helmet, resembles Orange Star tanks from Advance Wars)
  • Wizard Monkey
  • Sniper Monkey
    • Outback Sniper (wears a fedora, may or may not be a tf2 reference...)
    • Mega Sniper Monkey outfit
    • Blindfolded
  • COBRA
    • Meerkat Spy (eyepatch, lighter clothing)
    • Solid MOAB (resembles Solid Snake)
    • Cartoony Spy (black suit and fedora, resembles the Black Spy from MAD's Spy vs. Spy)

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
For Scrapyard, Like Fazdude said when submitting the stage, the layout is similar to The Dump from NASB. Of coarse, in the middle of the stage, there is a pile of trash and mud where the Bloonchipper is sitting. When any player goes near it and brings up the upgrade menu, they're given the choice of paying $200 of their in-game cash to call a Support Chinook to free the Bloonchipper from the pile of mud, unlocking the Bloonchipper as a playable character once the match ends. Afterwards, the pile of mud will not be on the stage.

For Frozen Over, I imagine its layout similar to Ocean Road, except the ground and platforms are all icy, thus they are slippery to walk on! Cave Monkey is frozen underneath the ice below ground level in a certain spot in the stage. When the ground above Cave Monkey receives enough damage, Cave Monkey will jump free from the ice, and you will have the option to play as him after the match! There will be no Cave Monkey in the stage after unlocking him, there will just be an ice casing and crater where he was once frozen in.

I only have Churchill alts mostly:
1658970627392.png
Photo Jul 27, 9 00 28 PM.jpg
Photo Jul 27, 9 00 33 PM.jpg

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, so since I'm the only one to submit stage layouts, mine will be used! In terms of the alternate costumes, my submissions for Captain Churchill will get used! The rest of FazDude FazDude 's submissions will be added!

Job #139: Submit a Monkey Knowledge set for Geraldo!

Job #140: Design a moveset for Ninja Monkey! Since that monkey in particular was designed for easily combatting Camo Bloons and was shown to have actual ninja skills, I hope that those can inspire some creative movesets for the stealthy simian!

I'm actually holding off on the Engineer Monkey moveset job until BTD6 v.32.0 is released, which includes the Engineer Monkey Paragon to hopefully provide some moveset ideas.

FazDude

Smash Master
Job 140: Ninja Monkey
  • Neutral Special: Shurikens
    • Ninja Monkey charges up to four shurikens to fire, similarly to Sheik's Needles.
    • Upgrades increase Ninja Monkey's shuriken capacity, as well as their range.
  • Up Special: Ninja Flash
    • Ninja Monkey leaps into the air before coming down in an arc, similarly to Garfield's Up Special in NASB. However, this does not put Ninja Monkey into freefall, allowing them to cancel the jump into an aerial.
    • Upgrades increase the jump's range.
  • Down Special: Smoke Bomb
    • Ninja Monkey throws down a smoke bomb which works just like Batman's in Multiversus.
    • Upgrades increase the smoke's range and give it damage over time properties.
  • Super Move: Ninja Ambush
    • Ninja Monkey rushes forwards, bombarding the first opponent they touch with a series of powerful blows!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn

Ninja Monkey is the game's "combo speedster", who is rather fast in terms of movement and attack speed, and it can jump really high! However, since it is lightweight, it can be launched easily.

Gimmick:
True to its purpose and gimmick in the other Bloons games, it is able to see and pop Camo Bloons way more easily than other Monkeys and Towers! While Camo Bloons normally reveal themselves when popped by fighters at a very close range, Ninja Monkey is able to pop Camo Bloons stage-wide! ALL of Ninja Monkey's attacks will pop Camos, whether revealed or not. Otherwise, it plays mostly similar to Sheik and Greninja.

Neutral-Standard:
Ninja Monkey performs two swipes, followed by a multitude of lightning-fast swipes, which can combo fighters before launching them.

Side-Standard:
Ninja Monkey performs a judo chop forwards.

Up-Standard:
Ninja Monkey swipes upward quickly.

Down-Standard:
Ninja Monkey spins around a few times.

Dash Attack:
Ninja Monkey performs a jump-kick in quick succession.

Side Smash:
Ninja Monkey strikes forward with both arms, hard.

Up Smash:
Ninja Monkey does a ninja pose while striking those above it. .

Down Smash:
Ninja Monkey spins around in one strong motion.

Neutral-Aerial:
Ninja Monkey does a single kick.

Side-Aerial:
Ninja Monkey performs a single arm strike downwards, which can be seen as similar to Sheik's F-air in Melee.

Up-Aerial:
Same as the up-standard, but in the air

Down-Aerial:
Ninja Monkey does a straight kick downward while falling fast. It'll bounce off fighters upon contact with them.

Neutral Special: Shuriken Toss
Self-explanatory, Ninja Monke throw shuriken, move spammable too. Upgrades increase fire rate, shuriken speed and damage, has Ninja throw more shurikens at once, and to the ever-powerful Grandmaster Ninja, to which it throws 8 shurikens at once at super-rapid speeds!

Up Special: Flash Teleport
Ninja Monkey simply teleports, leaving behind a log where it activated the move. Ninja Monkey can also perform a strong kick when either the standard or special attack button is pressed in the middle of its teleport path. Upgrades increase teleport range and kick power.

Down Special: Flash Bomb
Ninja Monkey tosses a bomb that has stunning properties. Upgrades can convert the Flash Bombs into Sticky Bombs, which can latch onto Bloons and Fighters before exploding on a timer, and is seriously effective on Big Bloons!

Super Move: Grand Saboteur
Ninja Monkey sabotages the whole playing field, crippling Fighter and Bloon Speed as well as damaging Big Bloons and Fighters by 80% damage for 15 seconds.

Taunt:
Ninja Monkey does a few ninja poses to assert its dominance.

Entrance:
Ninja Monkey poofs on stage in a cloud of smoke.

Victory:
Ninja Monkey teleports all over the screen, popping Bloons before doing a ninja pose for the camera.

Defeat:
Ninja Monkey is hit by a tree nut on the head before falling over.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, So I'll keep job 139 open for another day while moving on to the next 2 jobs. Also, vote for the Ninja Monkey moveset below!

Vote here!

Job #139: Submit a Monkey Knowledge set for Geraldo! (If you have not done so already!)

Job #141: Submit some alternate costumes & colors for Geraldo, Ice Monkey, Builder Monkey and Spike Factory. Bonus points if you can come up with 3 alternate costumes and/or colors per character! Original costume ideas are ok too!

Job #142: Submit 3 Ninja Kiwi Flash games to be added to Ninja Kiwi Arcade! Be sure to describe how their controls would work for consoles!

FazDude

Smash Master
Monkey Knowledge for Geraldo
  • Tier 1
    • Nailed Down: Geraldo's Stack of Old Nails has extra hitstun.
    • Dusty Bottle: Genie Bottle leaves behind a short-lived cloud of damaging dust.
    • Turbo Turret: The speed of the Shooty Turret is increased.
    • Cursed Idol: The AOE generated by the Creepy Idol deals damage over time.
  • Tier 2
    • Expanded Inventory: Geraldo starts each stock with four wares available as opposed to three.
    • Gerry's Inferno: The fire generated by Gerry's Fire travels forwards a short distance.
    • Additional Amaz-o-Glue: The Amaz-O-Glue has increased range.
  • Tier 3
    • Instant Invisbility: There is no start lag for using the Invisibility Potion.
    • Revive Potion: The Rejuv Potion only works if Geraldo is above 100%, but resets him back to 50%.
  • Tier 4
    • Full Stock: Geraldo can access all six wares at the start of each stock.
Alts
  • Geraldo
    • Businessman Geraldo (get him in a suit and tie)
    • Super Geraldo (red cap/shirt, blue overalls)
    • Golden Geraldo
  • Ice Monkey
  • Builder Monkey
    • Miner Monkey (miner vest and spikes on helmet)
    • Lumberjack Monkey (lumberjack hat and plaid shirt)
    • Hammerhead Monkey (hammer hat)
  • Spike Factory
Ninja Kiwi Arcade Games

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
I'm already happy with Fazdude's submission for Geraldo's Monkey Knowledge set, so I'll make submissions for the other jobs

My alt ideas:

Geraldo:
-Ballpark Vender Geraldo (With all of his items themed around Ballpark food)

Ice Monkey:
-Ice Ball (To reference its past as a non-monkey tower)

Builder Monkey:
-Christmas Elf

Spike Factory:
-Blender (Spits out food pulp)

Ninja Kiwi Arcade Games:
Meeblings 2
1659142724128.png

Same control methods that Fazdude mentioned for Meeblings 1

Destructo-Truck
1659142762982.png

A button to hold Gas pedal. Control stick to navigate menus and control truck in air.

Bloons TD 4
1659142863211.png

Same control methods as all other included Bloons TD games. Also, for this version specifically, all premium features and upgrades are included for free.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, so I've decided to include ALL submissions from the previous three jobs, now onto the next jobs!

Job #143: Submit 3 new event matches themed around COBRA, Geraldo and Ice Monkey! To clear up any confusion, you have to submit three events in total, one for each monkey.

Job #144: Design a stage layout for Phase Crystal!

FazDude

Smash Master
Event Matches
  • COBRA: Operation B.L.O.O.N.
    • Description: Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to infiltrate the Bloons HQ and take out as many agents as you can. Just don't get spotted...
    • Stage: Unique stage created specifically for the event.
    • Player: COBRA
    • Opponents: N/A
    • Bloons: All except Big Bloons
    • Upgrade Paths Open: All
    • Objective: Pop 70% of the Bloons that appear. Each Bloon has a red "danger zone" around it which will drain your HP as you stand in it. If you enter a danger zone with over 100%, you are automatically KO'd and fail the event.
  • Geraldo: Fire Sale
    • Description: Looks like Geraldo ordered a bit too much Gerry's Fire! Maybe you can load them off to some loyal customers!
    • Stage: High Finance
    • Player: Geraldo
    • Opponents: Dart Monkey, Ninja Monkey, Wizard Monkey
    • Bloons: Red, Blue
    • Upgrade Paths Open: Neutral
    • Objective: Geraldo can only access Gerry's Fire with his Neutral Special. In addition, you must deal at least 80% with Gerry's Fire before KOing all the opponents - Otherwise, you fail.
  • Ice Monkey: Total Meltdown
    • Description: Ice Monkeys don't do too well in the heat! Let's hope you can defeat all the opponents before you completely thaw out!
    • Stage: Volcano
    • Player: Ice Monkey
    • Opponents: Bomb Shooter (x3)
    • Bloons: N/A
    • Upgrade Paths Open: All
    • Objective: Simply KO all the opponents. However, you will take damage over time, with the cap maxing out at 150%.

As for a Phase Crystal layout, I would like to suggest Meta Crystal's layout from Smash 64.
1659224674261.png

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, so since FazDude FazDude was the only one who submitted to both jobs (I wanted to submit something to both jobs, but I was just kinda busy), I'll go ahead and include Fazdude's submissions for this time. Also, I forgot to mention yesterday that my Ninja Monkey moveset wins the vote, so congrats to me!

Job #145: Design a moveset for Gwendolin! Our first female hero in the game, and also the first female fighter altogether! I can already imagine some moveset with all her fire attacks put to creative use!

Job #146:
Submit some alternate costumes & colors for Gwendolin while you're at it. Bonus points if you can come up with 3 alternate costumes and/or colors! Original costume ideas are ok too!

FazDude

Smash Master
Gwen Moveset
  • Neutral Special: Flamethrower
    • Gwen activates her flamethrower and fires it forwards, acting pretty much the same as Charizard's in Smash. If you hold it out for too long, the flame will begin to die out.
    • Upgrades increase the flamethrower's range and longetivity.
  • Up Special: Flame Burst
    • Gwen uses her flamethrower for a quick burst of upwards movement, similarly to one of the Mii Gunner's Up Specials.
    • Upgrades increase the height and flame size.
  • Down Special: Cocktail of Fire
    • Gwen throws a Molotov in an arc, with it erupting into a pillar of flame upon hitting the ground.
    • Upgrades increase the range and power of the flames.
  • Super Move: Firestorm
    • Gwen unleashes a burst of fire, igniting all Bloons on the screen and dealing major damage to opponents who get too close to her.
Gwen Alts

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
I think Fazdude's moveset for Gwendolin almost match to the moveset vision I have in mind, lol, including the alts.

Both jobs will end tomorrow morning

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, so Fazdude's submissions for both jobs will get added, onto the next jobs!

Job #147: Design a moveset for Admiral Brickell! Our second female hero in the game! I only wonder how others are going to implement her mega mines in her moveset......

Job #148: Submit some alternate costumes & colors for Admiral Brickell while you're at it. Bonus points if you can come up with 3 alternate costumes and/or colors! Original costume ideas are ok too!

Job #149: Submit a Monkey Knowledge set for Gwendolin!

My Submissions:
AdmiralBrickellPortrait.png

"Admiral on deck!"

Admiral Brickell is one of the heaviest Heroes in the game, alongside Pat Fusty, and she also has one of the widest hurtboxes of any other character, making her an easy choice for combo food. To make up for this, many of her attacks are really quite strong!

Gimmick:
Due to the condition that her ship is "submerged" to the stage, meaning it treads along stage grounds, she has to abandon her ship every time she has to jump or grab ledges, but don't worry, her ship will just magically teleport to wherever solid ground she lands. Other fighters can attack her ship when she's not inside it, but it will explode when damaged enough, but will not affect Brickell herself whether she lands or is in the air.

Neutral-Standard:
Brickell waves her flag around in two motions forward.

Side-Standard:
Brickell sets off a single small explosion from her gun forward.

Up-Standard:
Brickell waves her flag upward.

Down-Standard:
Brickell drops a single mine on the ground which explodes instantly.

Dash Attack:
Brickell rams with her ship, which is actually quite devastating.

Side Smash:
Brickell waves her flag around in two motions forward harder.

Up Smash:
Brickell waves her flag upward harder.

Down Smash:
Brickell drops mines on both sides of herself, which explode instantly

Neutral-Aerial:
Brickell swipes with her flag.

Side-Aerial:
Brickell simply kicks.

Up-Aerial:
Same as the up-standard, but in the air.

Down-Aerial:
Brickell performs a dropkick and instantly falls to the ground as if she's trying to regain control of her ship again.

Neutral Special: Commence Fire!
For her neutral special, she wields a GUN. Brickell simple shoots with her pistol, spammable. Upgrades increase pistol damage and fire rate.

Up Special: Abandon Ship!
Similar to Bowser Jr.'s up-special in Smash Bros, Brickell jumps rather high above the ground while her ship is left to instantly explode. If the move is used in the air, than she uses a mine to explode herself upward while she takes no damage from the explosion. Upgrades decrease ship explode time and explosion damage, as well as the jump height.

Down Special: Mine is mine to command!
Similar to Solid Snake's C4, but with mines. Brickell deploys a single mine that explodes on command when the down special is used again. Upgrades increase mine explosion damage and can allow Brickell to place two mines on-stage at once.

Super Move: Mega Mine Deploy!
A targeting reticle appears on screen where Brickell can select where to deploy a super-powerful mega mine, which sets off a huge explosion that can wipe out Big Bloons and deal serious damage and knockback!

Taunt:
Brickell does a blow kiss.

Entrance:
Brickell sails onto stage.

Victory:
Brickell can be seen in front of an army of Monkey Subs and Monkey Buccaneers (Don't worry, this won't deconfirm the Monkey Buccaneer as a playable character) while she makes a war salute, acknowledging that the war is won.

Defeat:
Brickell waves her flag around as her ship sinks.

Alternate costumes: (Try not to laugh at the third one, but to clarify, its just some mock-up images for the third alt)
1659318716142.png
1659318769080.png
((
1659318975607.png
1659319309803.png
))

What the mines and mega mine can look for the third alt.
1659319244264.png
1659319211565.png

Monkey Knowledge for Gwendolin
  • Tier 1
    • Cool Coolant: Gwendolin's neutral-special gets less recharge time.
    • Rocket Burst: Gwendolin's up-special gains more height.
    • Super cocktail: Pillars of flames from Gwendolin's down special are higher.
    • Hot Dash: Gwendolin moves faster.
  • Tier 2
    • Flame-roar-er: Gwendolin's neutral special produces bigger flames and deals much more damage. Inspired from Fire Roar from SSB4.
    • Inferno Cocktail: The fire generated by Cocktail of Fire travels forwards a short distance.
    • Fireball for starters: Gwendolin's neutral special throws a large fireball forward in a straight line before doing its main attack, fireball recharges over time.
  • Tier 3
    • Napalm: All of Gwendolin's attacks are now napalm, meaning they are blue flames and they deal twice the damage!
    • Add fuel to the fire: All of Gwendolin's flame attacks have longer range!
  • Tier 4
    • Let it burn!: All of Gwendolin's attacks have a 50% chance to inflict a long-lasting burn status on others.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
PopCultureCorn's done pretty much everything I woulda done, so I'll abstain from today's jobs.
Be honest Fazdude, what do you think about the third alt I gave to Admiral Brickell? Do you have a name for it? (And maybe alternate names for her mega mines and stuff?)

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, my submissions will get added as I feel they're satisfactory enough, onto the next two jobs!

Job #150: Submit a "moveset" and animations for B.A.D.! I had envisioned this boss battle to be a very unique one, as it would be a cross between a platforming stage and a boss battle, with the fighter having to destroy parts of a BAD x100 bigger than in BTD6! Hopefully, that'll provide some inspiration for others, but I'd love to hear your ideas too!

Job #151: Submit a stage layout for The BAD-dest Battle In The Skies! (The non-BAD Boss version of the stage)

FazDude

Smash Master
Job 150: B.A.D. Moveset
  • Entrance Animation: The B.A.D. zooms into view from the background, barely missing the main plane as it flies to the foreground and off-screen.
  • Attacks:
    • The B.A.D. throws a few Bloons onto the stage, mainly as a distraction.
    • The B.A.D. fires a few balloon missiles at the player, locking on and dealing considerable knockback upon hit.
    • The B.A.D. rams into the main plane, causing the ground to be slightly askew as it continues attacking. Eventually, the plane will regain its balance.
    • The B.A.D spins around the plane repeatedly, causing the screen to flip upside down for a short time.
    • The B.A.D. throws a ball of Bloons at the stage, which bounces around the stage to deal damage upon contact. The ball can be popped, giving you a lot of cash without any other Bloons spawning.
  • Defeat Animation: The B.A.D. breaks apart piece by piece before finally exploding.
Job 151: BAD-dest Battle layout

The stage's layout is similar to Pilotwings from Smash, with a few smaller planes flying in from the sides to serve as soft platforms ala Mute City SNES.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
For my B.A.D. moveset (Trust me, it's way more creative):
  • Entrance Animation: A B.A.D x1000 larger than it was in BTD6 can be seen just flying towards the Monkey City, while the player's fighter grabs hold of a chain released by a Monkey Ace as they are lifted upward to the top of the Monkey Aces to get ready to battle the B.A.D. If I could put an animation reference, it would be similar to this (up to 0:18)
  • Attacks:
    • This is a very unique boss battle, as it would be a mix between a boss battle and a platforming stage. The B.A.D. itself won't attack, but the Bloons and Big Bloons that appear will try to knock the player off the platforms by producing windboxes. Speaking of platforms, there are numerous Monkey Aces that serve as the platforms in this battle.
    • This is always a timed boss battle, meaning you only have a set amount of time to destroy the B.A.D. before it reaches (and apprehensively destroy) the Monkey City and thus, it's all over.
    • The B.A.D. is fought from a side view facing left.
    • There are 5 separate areas of the B.A.D. that the player must destroy, each with their own health bars, and they can be destroyed in any order, being the B.A.D. nose, upper middle, the lower right area, the top turbine and the left-side turbine. The B.A.D.'s overall health is displayed above it's area's health bar.
    • Don't worry about the other side, the Monkey Aces have you covered.
  • Defeat Animation: A cutscene plays where the B.A.D. catches ablaze, explodes on its damaged areas and starts to descend before sinking in the sea below, while the player's fighter is on top of the Monkey Aces flying away and celebrating their victory.

BAD-dest Battle layout

This stage's layout, I envision it similar to Venom and Lylat Cruise (and Pilotwings to some extent, like Fazdude mentioned), with the fighters primarily on a Flying Fortress with other Monkey Aces, including its various upgrade forms, like Tsar Bomber, Fighter Plane, Dart Storm and Sky Shredder will fly in from time to time and serve as platforms on their own. You might even see the Blimp Monkey helping out the cause! (The Heli Pilot doesn't appear as I didn't want to deconfirm the Heli Pilot as a playable fighter). The stage is also cinematic and progressional, as it takes place in a live battle between the Monkey Aces and a B.A.D., though the Monkey Aces will destroy the B.A.D. eventually, it won't be long before a new B.A.D. takes the old one's place, starting the battle all over again.
1659485391011.png

1659485397198.png

Last edited:

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, So even though I really liked FazDude FazDude 's submissions, I'm going to go ahead and add my submissions, just because the more creative ones go first.

Job #152: Submit a Monkey Knowledge set for Ice Monkey!

Job #153: Submit some alternate costumes & colors for Ninja Monkey. Bonus points if you can come up with 3 alternate costumes and/or colors! Original costume ideas are ok too!

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Monkey Knowledge for Ice Monke
  • Tier 1
    • Wider Burst: Ice Burst has larger range.
    • Frostier Fists: All of Ice Monkey's standard attacks have a chance to freeze opponents
    • Bigger Brittle: Increases the damage for anything under the influence of Brittle
    • Permafrost: Bloons and fighters move slowly (Permanent for Bloons, Temporary for fighters) even after thawing out
  • Tier 2
    • Super Cryo: Cryo Cannon has a super-fast fire rate!
    • Two Freezy: Ice Monkey can now make 2 ice platforms at once.
    • Figure Stage Skating: Ice Monkey now skates on-stage, moving faster and leaving slippery ice on its path.
  • Tier 3
    • Impale from Below: Ice Monkey's ice platforms has sharp icicles underneath them which pop Bloons and damage fighters. Pillers get ice spikes on their sides.
    • Ice Block: Replaces Ice Monkey's shield with a tougher block of ice that is much more durable (Nearly unbreakable!)
  • Tier 4
    • Arctic Wind: ANYTHING close to Ice Monkey will have their movement speed slowed.

Ninja Monkey Alts
  • Orange and Black suit
  • Long hair wig and muzzle with black and pink suit
  • Cybertronic suit

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Alright, So I've decided that my submissions will get in, simply because of creative reasons. Onto the next jobs!

Job #154: Design a moveset for Engineer Monkey! After much thinking, I've decided not to wait on the release of BTD6 v.32.0, which is the update the Engineer Monkey Paragon releases, in order to do this job, since we do have some idea on what the Engineer Monkey Paragon can do. I can already envision a lot of creative movesets for this particular monkey, with its sentries and tools and traps and all its amazing gadgets.

Job #155: Submit some alternate costumes & colors for Engineer Monkey while you're at it. Bonus points if you can come up with 3 alternate costumes and/or colors! Original costume ideas are ok too!

FazDude

Smash Master
Engineer Moveset
  • Neutral Special: Nail Gun
    • The Engineer Monkey fires a nail from the eponymous Nail Gun. This move has considerably high range, but deals low damage and doesn't even make the opponent flinch.
    • Upgrades increase the nails' damage and eventually allow for flinching.
  • Up Special: Jetpack
    • A unique move not inspired by anything from Bloons, the Engineer Monkey uses a jetpack to recover, similarly to King K. Rool's Up Special... complete with all its slowness and predictability.
    • Upgrades increase the jetpack's speed and longetivity.
  • Down Special: Sentry
    • The Engineer Monkey places down a sentry which fires at opponents which come within range, having the same properties as the Nail Gun's base form. However, it can be destroyed, and only one can be active at a time.
    • Upgrades increase the sentry's range and firing speed.
  • Super Move: XXXL Trap
    • The Engineer Monkey places down the eponymous trap, which has a suction effect similarly to Luigi's Final Smash. Once the trap is finished sucking in opponents and Bloons, the former are launched towards the top blast zone which the latter is instantly popped.
Engineer Alts
  • Technological Visor + Backpack
  • Mech Suit
  • Safety Vest
----
As a side note, while I do understand the value in costumes which stem beyond source material strictly, I don't think it's very fair for a creation thread to just dismiss submissions for "creativity reasons". If anything, I suggest that all submitted costumes be put into a pool rather than voting on them on a per-user basis.

PopCultureCorn

NNID
PopCultureCorn
Addressing the side note, you're right, it is not very fair. Trust me, I have an AWESOME voting system for tomorrow regarding the alts for the Engineer Monkey!
----

My Engineer Alts
  • Scuba Helmet
  • red-shade goggles with red shirt and black overalls and boots (Might reference someone familiar)
  • Toy Brick helmet

Last edited:
Top Bottom