• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Battle of AGES, a SEGA platform fighter

What's the roster number gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
Sickness took me out for a few days. Lemme catch up by doing some collectibles. Descriptions after I finish the Valkyria ones.

Streets of Rage Capsule Toys:
  • Mr & Ms. Y
    • First Appearance: Streets of Rage 4 (2020)
    • Series: Streets of Rage
    • System Debut:

• Zamza
    • First Appearance: Streets of Rage 2 (1992)
    • System Debut:

• Nora
    • First Appearance: Streets of Rage (1991)
    • System Debut:

• Robot Axel
    • First Appearance: Streets of Rage 3 (1994)
    • System Debut:

• Abadede
    • System Debut:

Skies of Arcadia Capsule Toys:

• Lord Bane
    • First Appearance: Skies of Arcadia (2000)
    • Series: Skies of Arcadia
    • System Debut: Dreamcast

• Enrique

• Dyne

• Galcian

• Piastol
    • First Appearance: Skies of Arcadia Legends (2002)

Art:
Streets of Rage 3.png

• Name: Robot Rampage
  • Source: Streets of Rage 3

Art1.png

• Name: Victory for the Edy Detachment!
  • Series: Valkyria Chronicles
  • Source: Valkyria Chronicles 3
Art1.png

• Name: Ringleader of the Five Traitors
  • Source: Valkyria Revolution

Pyryn Temple.png

• Name: Pyrynn Temple
  • Source: Skies of Arcadia

Art1.png

• Name: Angel of Death
  • Source: Skies of Arcadia Legends

VMU Mooks:
Valuan Soldier
Calamity Raven Gatling Soldier
Calamity Raven Gatling Fencer

X-0 Sniper
X-0 Scout

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Aight let's do some stuff while voting goes on

Collectable submissions will go on for one more day. I'm granting everyone 5 more Capsule Toys and 1 more piece of artwork to submit from any given series out of the ones we're doing right now.

In the meantime....

Job #200(!!!): Submit a reveal trailer for NiGHTS

Yes indeed, the next character we're revealing is none other than NiGHTS! I think they make for a good early reveal, they're a character with a big fanbase and the kind of character that totally could have been revealed right off the bat. So yeah! Submit your pitch for a NiGHTS reveal.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
1. Statues
2. Arena
3. The Beach (for some reason this one always stood out to me)

Some more Skies of Arcadia capsule toys:
  • Rhaknam
This colossal arcwhale, otherwise known as the Purple Gigas, is responsible for the death of Drachma's crew and son in the past. Apparently he also lost his right eye and arm to the mighty beast, and swore to hunt it down and avenge his fallen crew and child.
  • Ramirez
One of only two children of the Silvites (the other being Fina), Ramirez was sent to Arcadia to seek out the moon crystals. Doing so would allow them to wipe out the Arcadian civilization once more using the Rains of Destruction. Ramirez ends up joining the Valuan empire, Vyse's sworn enemies, and becomes the youngest admiral amongst their ranks at age 24. A young man shaped by the dictation of others, his morality is very much guided by those around him making him easy to influence by the Silvite Elders and the Valuan Empire alike.
  • Pinta
The youngest member of the Blue Rogues at only 10, Pinta has a dream to collect all the world's treasures. In the Dreamcast version of the game Pinta can be sent on his own game, Pinta's Quest, using the VMU. In this title Pinta will take part in a mini RPG where he will fight random encounters, equiring gold and rare items which could be transferred to the main game. By the end of the game, Pinta continues to follow his dream, but also wishes to visit the moons.
  • Vize, Anita and Faina
    • First Appearance: Skies of Arcadia Legends (2002)
    • System Debut: Gamecube
These three were once a trio of travelling entertainers, but have recently taken it upon themselves to impersonate Vyse, Aika and Fina, using the Blue Rogue's reputation to try and intimidate and get money out of civilians. When Vyse hears about these doppelgangers who are ruining his good reputation as an air pirate who only targets the Valuan Armada, he challenges them to a duel to settle the score. Vize accepts reasoning that if they kill the real Vyse, Aika and Fina then they can replace them without anyone noticing the difference.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Okay according to my calculations I should have 2 more Skies of Arcadia Capsule Toys left, 5 more Streets of Rage ones, and 5 free that will likely be spent on filling in some gaps on important characters across Valkyria's series. Descriptions coming soon:

Valkyria Chronicles Capsule Toys
  • Faldio Landzaat
    • First Appearance: Valkyria Chronicles (2008)
    • System Debut: Playstation 3
An old school friend of Welkin Gunther, Faldio quickly became the commander for Squad 1 within the Gallia militia. Keen on fashion, one of his first suggestions to his higher ups when he joined was to change the militia outfit, but it was rejected due to being considered 'impossibly florid'. Faldio in his youth spent much of his time in the library and travelling to explore the ruins around Gallia. As the second Europan War erupted, Faldio is all too aware of how outgunned the Gallians are against the Empire and it's secret weapon, Selvaria Bles.
  • Avan Hardins
    • First Appearance: Valkyria Chronicles 2 (2010)
    • System Debut: Playstation Portable
Whilst he'd been told his brother Leon had been killed on a mission, Avan refused to believe this was true and joined the Lanseal Royal Military Academy to find clues as to what happened. Athletic since his childhood, Avan's unique physical body allows him to take on multiple class roles, from the speedy Scout class to the sturdy Lancer class. He has a tendency to act before he thinks and whilst his lack of world experience often allows him to make friends easily, he equally has a habit of rubbing people up the wrong way. Due to a nasty argument with Juliana Everhart and a confusing recommendation from Cosette Coalhearth, the inexperienced and reckless Avan has inexplicably become the class chair allowing him to give orders to his squad mates.
  • Kurt Irving
    • First Appearance: Valkyria Chronicles 3 (2011)
Also known as 'Number 7', Kurt is the commanding officer of Squad 422, otherwise known as the Nameless, a penial military group full of criminals, deserters and military offenders who have had their names and records erased and are forced to go on the most dangerous and dirty missions for Gallia. Kurt was a top graduate from Lanseal Royal Military Academy and had command over his own squad. One day he was inexplicably accused of treason, and given two choices; his own execution or joining Squad 422. Kurt chose the latter hoping to clear his name of this false accusation through exemplary service.
  • Riela Marcellis
    • First Appearance: Valkyria Chronicles 3 (2011)
Also known as 'Number 13' and 'the Grim Reaper', Riela was the sole survivor of five squads in one month of joining the Militia, due to her body's natural toughness as a Valkyrur. Being seen as a jinx, Riela was forcibly removed from service and put into Squad 422, otherwise known as the Nameless. Riela's reputation as a jinx had reached even Squad 422 and the recent death of their commander certainly didn't help sway those fears. It wasn't until Kurt joined as the replacement commanding officer when her sincerity won her squadmates over. She has began to have romantic feelings for Kurt.
  • Forseti
    • First Appearance: Valkyria Chronicles 4 (2018)
    • System Debut: Playstation 4
The original Kai Schulen, Forseti gave up his name and life to his sister Leela when he returned from a secret mission. Abandoning the squad, Claude and Raz attempted desperately to keep up the ridiculous facade thrust upon them that 'Kai' had always been a woman. For whatever reason Forseti now finds himself working against his former friends and sister as part of the Imperial Empire's X-0 division which he serves as a tactician. His friends want an answer for why he's betraying them, but Forseti has yet to give one.

Skies of Arcadia Capsule Toys
  • Empress Teodora I
The mother of Enrique and current empress of Valua, Teodora has become corrupted by a desire for power. Valua is facing a severe energy crisis due to a lack of moon stones only exasparated by the Valuan upper class greedily eating through the countries resources or maintaining their massive military might. Upon hearing about the Moon Crystals from Galcian, she commands him to find them, hoping to use their power to rule the world. Enrique's pleas to his mother to do the right thing and not destroy Nasrad but his pleas fall on death ears.
  • Moegi
The princess of Yafutoma, Moegi was to marry Muraji, the son of her father's counselor, Kangan. However, this was part of a plot to gain control of Yafutoma, and they ally themselves with the Valuan Empire to help seize control. Moegi meanwhile meets Enrique and the two of them fall in love at first sight. Moegi has a talent in healing abilities, and after Vyse, Enrique and their friends drive the Valuans out of Yafutoma, her father and her brother both agree to let her travel the skies as part of the Blue Rogues alongside her beloved. After the adventure, her and Enrique agree to be married.

Streets of Rage Capsule Toys
  • Antonio
    • System Debut: Mega Drive
Greatly talented with a boomerang, Antonio is currently the third highest ranking boomerang user in the world rankings. Unsure what to do with such a talent, he became a member of Mr. X's Syndicate. He's clashed with Axel, Blaze and Adam a few times even being defeated by them prior to the events of Streets of Rage.
  • Big Ben
An obese lower ranking Syndicate member, Big Ben is able to breath fire, roll around in a way similar to Sonic the Hedgehog and perform belly flops. All of these make him a particularly annoying low ranker to deal with. If that wasn't enough, his huge girth means that he's hard to throw too...in fact in Streets of Rage 3 if Axel, Blaze, Skate or Dr. Zan attempted to lift him they'd be crushed under his weight!
  • Barbon
A syndicate member who also runs his own biker bar, Barbon usually only gets involved when Axel, Blaze or their friends mess up his bar. Whilst he's quite willing to work for a criminal organization and will side against Axel and Blaze whenever possible, it seems he's not all bad, hiring Roo as his bar's bartender in Streets of Rage 4. Interestingly whilst he's the first boss in Streets of Rage 2, he was originally the final boss in it's beta build.
  • Robo X
    • First Appearance: Streets of Rage 3 (1994)
A robotic replica of Mr. X, Robo X's fake skin was burnt off during a raid on Mr. X's Skyscraper. Robo X has been programmed to be as cruel and heartless as Mr. X is, including his habit of laughing at Axel and Blaze's attempts to defeat him. Robo X does however have a few unique abilities up his sleeve, namely the ability to electrify himself when touched. Defeating him on normal or hard mode will allow players to continue the game, although playing on easy will have him act as the final boss.
  • Commissioner
    • First Appearance: Streets of Rage 4 (2020)
    • System Debut: Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, PC
The police station commissioner of Wood Oak City, he is the current boss of Estel Aguirre, and the former boss of Blaze Fielding, Axel Stone and Adam Hunter. He dishonourably discharged Blaze after they had an ethical agreement leading her to punch him in the face and refused to take anger management classes, whilst Axel retired from the force and Adam was reassigned to a special task force. In Streets of Rage 4, the Commissioner and the police force fight against both the Syndicate and the vigilante team that his former employees form, causing him to be forced to fight against them.

--------------------------

Additional artwork piece:

Brunhilde-Moon.png

• Name: The Ruzhien Empire's Grim Reaper
  • Source: Valkyria Revolution
...I was going to call this the Grim Reaper, but then remembered Riela Marcellis from Valkyria Chronicles 3 ALSO has that nickname whilst being a Valkyrur...so...err...better specify I guess.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Aight, collectable submissions are over! If you feel there's any Capsule Toy, artwork piece or VMU enemy that's still missing, then don't worry: after we're done covering all the series plus the "other" category, we'll have one final round dedicated to going over everything again and filling in the holes and fleshing things out. So this wasn't your last chance with these series. Also I'll be filling out the Capsule Toy lists some

Submissions for the NiGHTS trailer are still going on

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Alright.......still no submissions for the NiGHTS trailer. We're gonna have to move on, so what I'm gonna do is I'll put it on our to-do list and once we get something in, we'll move on.

.......I don't usually speak out about how I feel running the thread except for in the Discord, but I can't lie, I've been somewhat doubting my thread-runner capabilities. With our base roster finished, we have a lot on our plate: we have to take care of our remaining major content, our collectibles, eventually we'll have to start dealing with stuff like missions and Arcade Mode routes, etc.....

And I can't lie, I feel like I've made a mistake by pushing everything off to the end of the project. If I'd spread things out a little more, I do think all this could have turned out less overwhelming. It's just, well.....we've been going pretty slow lately. I do want us to be able to do DLC, and I worry that all this new kinda stuff we're doing just might not be clicking with how this thread goes. I thought reveal trailers could be another fun thing to work on, but after a couple tries, it just ends up feeling like yet another chore. I feel like I'm just doing too much stuff at once, and in the process, I'm A. tiring myself out, and B. making the thread go on way longer than it has any need to. I want to keep this thread fun and engaging for everyone, and part of me is starting to worry that all this new stuff just isn't clicking. I may do some restructuring of how things will go, but I have to be completely honest: I'm scared that the thread will end up running out of steam early thanks to my own insistence on doing a gazabajillion different things at the end. I'm excited for what we may be doing with DLC and I want to make sure the thread lives to see that day, but I'm worried that with the way I've set things up, we're just never gonna get there. I'd like some feedback on this matter: one thing I've considered doing is making the reveal trailers more of a relaxed side thing that'll go on during the other jobs and not between them, so that way it's more of the fun extra it was intented to be and not Yet Another Thing For Us To Spend A Lotta Time On. I dunno. I'm just nervous and tired and I also worry that I might be sounding like I'm pinning the blame on you guys for not always submitting Everything Immediately.

Anyway, next job:

Job #201: Submit a tracklist for the Arena

Keep it to a max of 16 tracks - you can have as much overlap with the Shrine tracklist as you feel is necessary, but make sure to throw at least a handful of new tracks in there

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Oops! Was writing mine up!

Job #200: NiGHTS reveal

We start with CGI footage of Sonic relaxing in a hammock by the beach of OutRun Bay, Tails swimming in the sea. Tails waves over to Sonic happily and Sonic does a casual wave back with a grin before tucking into a chilli dog.

We cut to Alex Kidd on Mt. Eternal, happily devouring a rice ball when he catches a glimpse of a king like figure wearing a crown. He stops what he's doing and begins to run towards the king excitedly. Finally, he has been reunited with his father after all these years. He smiles happily, placing a hand on his father's shoulder as he catches up to him.

We cut to Akira standing in The Arena covered in sweat but raising a fist victoriously over an unconcious unseen fighter.

We cut to Kiryu, happily performing karaoke on stage whilst a crowd cheers him on. All the characters seem happy as the screen fades to black.

A single white glove appears and snaps it's finger. We cut back to Sonic and Tails as the water begins to swirl, dragging Tails up with it. Sonic gets to his feet surprised, as the water transforms into Perfect Chaos. Tails, terrified, calls out to Sonic as he's dragged upwards, whilst Sonic attempts to save him only to be enveloped in Chaos' liquid body, holding his breath as best he can.

A second glove appears and snaps it's finger. We cut back to Alex Kidd, who has caught up with King Thunder. His hand still on his father's shoulder he turns him around only for the face to be that of Janken the Great. Startled, Alex leaps back as Janken laughs maniacally. Alex looks around to see others around him turned into stone statues, and looks down at his own hand as it begins to petrify. His entire body begins to transform into stone as it climbs Alex's body, the young boy yelling out as it closes around his face, his eyes shaking and Janken continues to cackle.

A third glove appears and snaps it's finger. We cut back to Akira as Dural suddenly leaps back to her feet(turns out she was the mysterious fighter) as if his attacks did nothing to her. Akira prepares to attack, only for Dural to block his attack with ease, and throw him around like a child, smashing him into the side of the cage.

A forth glove appears and snaps it's finger. We cut to see Kiryu still singing when he looks at the audience...and they ALL have the face of Goro Majima. Kiryu looks around horrified as the dozens of Majima swarm the stage, like a zombie horde grabbing hold of him. He's able to fight some of them off, but eventually he is overwhelmed.

We cut back to the the darkness as two more hands appear in the black void. The hands all open up and suddenly an eyeball opens on each of them, before revealing Wizeman the Wicked who has been trapping our fighters who were currently dreaming into nightmares!

We see each of the heroes appear on screen one at a time; Sonic, running out of air and about to drown, Tails unable to save him, Alex now nearly entirely petrified apart from one terrified quiverring eye, Akira beaten and broken by Dural as the audience declares him weak and Kiryu comically swarmed by Majima.

Suddenly we see a several twinkling lights as a purple flash appears and slams into Wizeman, knocking him back. Suddenly Perfect Chaos disappears saving Sonic and Tails, NiGHTS hits Wizeman again and Alex breaks out of the stone encasement as Janken vanishes, again and Akira manages to actually land a powerful blow on Dural sending her flying and smashing out the arena. NiGHTs attacks Wizeman one more time, as Kiryu, surrounded with heat suddenly blasts off all the Majima with his sheer anger. NiGHTS paraloops in the air, landing next to the rescued heroes, as they face off with Wizeman.

We cut to gameplay footage of NiGHTS fighting. We witness them fighting against Dr. Eggman, performing their Blue Bounce after Sonic spindashes to showcase the two blue ball like attacks, we see them and Tails flying through the air, with NiGHTS performing a paraloop. We see them pull out their flute and perform whilst Ulala dances, and we see them using his drill dash next to Eggman using his Eggmobile-D.

We cut to CGI again as Wizeman snaps his fingers and brings forth Dural and Perfect Chaos and we see footage of the heroes fighting them in boss battle modes, culminating in NiGHTS performing their All-Star move against Wizeman and KOing him.

After 'BATTLE OF AGES' appears, we see NiGHTS paralooping happily with a smug grin, whilst the other heroes hit each other with pillows in the background, feathers flying everywhere.

Total reveals:

NiGHTS - fighter
Boss Mode
Wizeman - boss
Dural - boss
Perfect Chaos - boss
Janken the Great - assist
Goro Majima - assist
Outrun Bay - Stage
The Arena - Stage

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
......alright, nevermind. Sorry for making a fuss, I probably sound like an inconsiderate little **** now. I could have just waited longer and I could and should have taken the thread members' personal lives into account instead of wallowing in self-pity. Aight, carry on then

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'd like some feedback on this matter: one thing I've considered doing is making the reveal trailers more of a relaxed side thing that'll go on during the other jobs and not between them, so that way it's more of the fun extra it was intented to be and not Yet Another Thing For Us To Spend A Lotta Time On. I dunno. I'm just nervous and tired and I also worry that I might be sounding like I'm pinning the blame on you guys for not always submitting Everything Immediately.
Ignoring the ironic timing, I think this may need some discussion.

Firstly I genuinely think you're doing a fantastic job running the thread and you've managed to keep things fun and interesting for over a whole year. Give yourself some credit, that's an incredible feat. We've seen Creates games die after a few weeks and you've managed to keep one going and engaged with for a whole freaking year, so don't fear. Don't let a dip in activity make you think you've messed up because honestly, this thread's been a really wonderful game.

The current issue we have, is one I feel like we've always had, it's just more compounded now as we focus on particular series:
Everyone has strengths and weaknesses in their Sega knowledge.

For example, I hesitated quite a bit about posting a NiGHTs trailer because I'm not the biggest or most knowledgeable NiGHTS fan and felt there were more qualified people in the thread who'd do a better job.

Luckily one of the best parts of our little group is that we have a wide variety of Sega fans with vastly different interests in different series. There may be some overlap here and there, but I feel as a group project we've all covered each others weaknesses quite well.

I'm personally not the most knowledgable on Atlus properties, Puyo Puyo, or the RPG in general side of Sega, but we have people like osby, Fly, Dark, Orpheus, Witch, Tony, Megadoomer and yourself who can cover my gaps in knowledge with ease and genuine passion for the IPs I've either yet to experience or struggle to enjoy. Likewise I'll wax lyrical about Alex Kidd, Valkyria Chronicles, Streets of Rage, Gunstar Heroes, Psycho Fox, Sonic, Shenmue, 80s Sega and whatever else I'm currently playing and have decided to try and become an expert in for that week so those capsule toy/artwork/VMU jobs are going to be a lot easier for me.

Regarding trailers: we have an opportunity to create really cool crossover moments, but obviously everyone's gaps may cause an obvious inclusion in a trailer to be missed out. Is Joker appropriate for a trailer about dreams? Would Arle make sense there more than someone else? I'm not entirely sure, but I'm happy to add someone who seems like an obvious omission(if they've already been revealed of course) if so.

TL;DR; Thread good. Don't worry so much. Warrants discussion though!

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
BATTLE of AGES Stage Hazard Capsule Toys:
  • Grim Reaper
    • Series:Alex Kidd
    • Debut:Alex Kidd in Miracle World
    • System Debut:Master System
  • Mother Brain
    • Series: Phantasy Star
    • Debut: Phantasy Star II:At the End of the Lost Age
    • System Debut:Genesis
  • Darksol and the Dark Dragon
    • Series:Shining
    • Debut:Shining Force
    • System Debut:Genesis

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job 201: Arena Tracklist
  1. Character Select/Dural's Theme - Virtua Fighter
  2. Jeffry's Theme - Virtua Fighter
  3. Wild Vision - Virtua Fighter 2
  4. Fencing and Judo ~Begin New Challenge~ - Virtua Fighter 2
  5. Secret Hidden in the Leaves ~A Heartless Law~ - Virtua Fighter 2
  6. Ride the Tiger - Virtua Fighter 2
  7. Mysterious ◊ Sarah - Virtua Fighter 3
  8. Tender Steel "Dural" - Virtua Fighter 3
  9. For You... - Virtua Fighter 3
  10. Nite Crawler - Virtua Fighter 4
  11. Rain - Virtua Fighter 4
  12. Wolf's Theme - Virtua Fighter 5
  13. Akira's Alternate VF5 theme - Virtua Fighter 5 R
  14. El Blaze's theme - Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
  15. Ai wa Tsuienai (Love is Never Wasted) - Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
  16. Wild Vision - Virtua Fighter Season One(Anime)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
No tracklist from me I'm afraid, but I'm added something I forgot to do earlier: I forgot to include palettes for Nei when I submitted her. I'm fixing that now.

Nei-Palette-swaps-01.png

For the most part I've gone for Numans for Nei's costume, with Rolf having the swordsman of the same game...aside from Wren. Wren's just cool.

Palette 1: Nei and Rolf (Phantasy Star II)
Palette 2: Neifirst and...err...Rolf...first (Phantasy Star II) - Nei's other half. Rolfirst is made up of course. Just looks neat.
Palette 3: Rika and Wren (Phantasy Star IV: The end of the Millennium)
Palette 4: NM-2011 and Chaz (Phantasy Star IV Memorial Drama CD - Sealed Memories) - NM-2011 is an antagonistic clone of Nei in the drama obsessed with Chaz.
Palette 5: Karen and Ethan Wabers (Phantasy Star Universe)
Palette 6: Alis and Myau (Phantasy Star) - Nei uses Myau's weapon and Rolf is Alis' descendant.
Palette 7: Mieu and Rhys (Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom) - Whilst Mieu isn't a Numan, we want the full set of original Phantasy Star games, and Rhys is basically Rolf anyway.
Palette 8: Ana and Kai (Phantasy Star Zero)

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Curien Mansion Stage Hazard Capsule Toys:
  • Chariot(Type 27)
    • Debut:The House of the Dead
    • System Debut:Arcade
  • Hermit(Type 6803)
  • Hangedman(Type 041)

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Capsule Toys:
  • Bantam Scrambled
    • Debut:Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg(9/23/2003)
    • System Debut:Gamecube
  • Epsilon
    • Debut: Alien Soldier(2/24/1995)
    • System Debut:Mega Drive
  • Amigo
    • Debut:Samba de Amigo(12/21/1999)

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Capsule Toys:
  • Bahn
    • Debut:Fighting Vipers(Nov. 1995)
  • Cenes
    • Debut: Thunder Force V(7/11/1997)
    • System Debut: Saturn
  • Metallic Uniframe Super Hybrid Armor
    • Debut: MUSHA(12/21/1990)
By the way Speed Weed, just a friendly reminder, it's been a while.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
By the way Speed Weed, just a friendly reminder, it's been a while.
I'll have to be honest and say I don't appreciate this kind of weird passive-agressive behavior.

Look, I get it! Sometimes I kinda get antsy too when some of the creation threads I'm interested in take a while to update. But I think a little patience and understanding can go a long way in situations like this. It's not that I've forgotten about the thread or anything, it's just that, well, there are other things going on in my life at the moment. I have other things that I'm invested in and have been paying more attention to. Plus, from the interactions I've had with them, a lot of the major threadgoers are currently busy with some kind of situation that makes them less available for this thread atm. That's something to keep in mind, I can't go at the usual pace when a lot of the people who frequent this thread don't currently have the time and energy to just pump out a submission at any time. I want to make sure I give everyone some time.

That said, submissions should in fact be closing soon enough

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
I'll have to be honest and say I don't appreciate this kind of weird passive-agressive behavior.

Look, I get it! Sometimes I kinda get antsy too when some of the creation threads I'm interested in take a while to update. But I think a little patience and understanding can go a long way in situations like this. It's not that I've forgotten about the thread or anything, it's just that, well, there are other things going on in my life at the moment. I have other things that I'm invested in and have been paying more attention to. Plus, from the interactions I've had with them, a lot of the major threadgoers are currently busy with some kind of situation that makes them less available for this thread atm. That's something to keep in mind, I can't go at the usual pace when a lot of the people who frequent this thread don't currently have the time and energy to just pump out a submission at any time. I want to make sure I give everyone some time.

That said, submissions should in fact be closing soon enough
I'm Sorry Speed Weed...I was just a little impatient

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
While I was watching, I made a full numerical list of Capsule Toys:
Battle for AGES All Capsule Toys:
  1. -Sonic the Hedgehog
  2. -Tails
  3. -Knuckles the Echidna
  4. -Dr. Eggman
  5. -Rouge the Bat
  6. -Big the Cat
  7. -Chaos
  8. -Perfect Chaos
  9. -Wisps
  10. -Animal Buddies
  11. -Egg Pawn
  12. -Motobug
  13. -Crabmeat
  14. -Batbrain
  15. -Buzz Bomber
  16. -Eggrobo
  17. -Metal Sonic
  18. -Tails Doll
  19. -Metal Knuckles
  20. -Orbot and Cubot
  21. -Amy Rose
  22. -Shadow the Hedgehog
  23. -Blaze the Cat
  24. -Silver the Hedgehog
  25. -Cream and Cheese
  26. -E-102 Gamma
  27. -E-123 Omega
  28. -Chaotix
  29. -Mighty and Ray
  30. -Bean the Dynamite
  31. -Bark the Polar Bear
  32. -Fang the Sniper
  33. -Honey the Cat
  34. -Heavy and Bomb
  35. -Babylon Rouges
  36. -Marine the Raccoon
  37. -Infinite
  38. -The Deadly Six
  39. -Heavy King
  40. -Time Eater
  41. -Mephiles the Dark
  42. -Tikal
  43. -Princess Elise
  44. -Shahra
  45. -Merlina
  46. -Chip
  47. -Professor Pickle
  48. -Sticks the Badger
  49. -Old Man Owl
  50. -Dr. Starline
  51. -Tangle the Lemur
  52. -Whisper the Wolf
  53. -Super Sonic
  54. -Hyper Sonic
  55. -Mecha Sonic
  56. -Death Egg Robot
  57. -Witchcart
  58. -Waku Waku Car
  59. -Akira Yuki
  60. -Sarah Bryant
  61. -Jacky Bryant
  62. -Lau Chan
  63. -Dural
  64. -Kage-Maru
  65. -Pai Chan
  66. -Wolf Hawkfield
  67. -Jeffry McWild
  68. -Shun Di
  69. -Lion Rafale
  70. -Aoi Umenokoji
  71. -Taka-Arashi
  72. -Lei-Fei
  73. -Vanessa Lewis
  74. -Brad Burns
  75. -Goh Hinogami
  76. -El Blaze
  77. -Eileen
  78. -Jean Kujo
  79. -Siba
  80. -Virtua Fighter Arcade Cabinet
  81. -Kazuma Kiryu
  82. -Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza 0)
  83. -Ichiban Kasuga
  84. -Goro Majima
  85. -Goro Majima (Yakuza 0)
  86. -Haruka Sawamura
  87. -Haruka Sawamura (Teen)
  88. -Koichi Adachi
  89. -Yū Nanba
  90. -Saeko Mukoda
  91. -Eri Kamataki
  92. -Joon-Gi Han
  93. -Tianyou Zhao
  94. -Seong-Hui
  95. -Nugget
  96. -Akira Nishikiyama
  97. -Keiji Shibusawa
  98. -Daisaku Kuze
  99. -Makoto Date
  100. -Ryuji Goda
  101. -Daigo Dojima
  102. -Gary "Buster" Holmes
  103. -Pocket Circuit Fighter
  104. -Takayuki Yagami
  105. -Shintaro Kazama
  106. -The Florist of Sai
  107. -Tetsu Tachibana
  108. -Makoto
  109. -Shun Akiyama
  110. -Taiga Saejima
  111. -Ono Michio
  112. -Tatsuya Ukyo
  113. -Osamu Kashiwagi
  114. -Kaoru Sayama
  115. -Shigeru Nakahara
  116. -Rikiya Shimabukuro
  117. -Mikio Aragaki
  118. -Saki
  119. -Hiroki Awano
  120. -Miyamoto Musashi
  121. -Sakamoto Ryoma
  122. -Goromi
  123. -Karaoke Machine
  124. -Joker
  125. -Aigis
  126. -Morgana
  127. -Ryuji Sakamoto
  128. -Ann Takamaki
  129. -Yusuke Kitagawa
  130. -Makoto Nijima
  131. -Futaba Sakura
  132. -Haru Okumura
  133. -Goro Akechi
  134. -Kasumi Yoshizawa
  135. -Sophie
  136. -Zenkichi Hasegawa
  137. -Sae Nijima
  138. -Takuto Maruki
  139. -Caroline and Justine
  140. -Yu Narukami
  141. -Teddie
  142. -Rise Kujikawa
  143. -Yosuke Hanamura
  144. -Chie Satonaka
  145. -Yukiko Amagi
  146. -Kanji Tatsumi
  147. -Naoto Shirogane
  148. -Ryotaro Dojima
  149. -Nanako Dojima
  150. -Margaret
  151. -P3 Hero
  152. -P3P Heroine
  153. -Junpei Iori
  154. -Yukari Takeba
  155. -Mitsuru Kirijo
  156. -Akihiko Sanada
  157. -Shinjiro Aragaki
  158. -Fuuka Yamagishi
  159. -Ken Amada
  160. -Koromaru
  161. -Elizabeth
  162. -Labrys
  163. -Tatsuya Suou
  164. -Maya Amano
  165. -Kei Nanjo
  166. -Lisa Silverman
  167. -Eiikichi Mishima
  168. -Katsuya Suou
  169. -Ulala Serizawa
  170. -Akari Hoshi
  171. -Baofu
  172. -Rumourmonger Nekomata
  173. -JOKER (Persona 2)
  174. -Nyarlathotep (Great Father)
  175. -Maki Sonomura
  176. -"The Pierced Boy"
  177. -Igor
  178. -Philemon
  179. -Raidou Kuzunoha
  180. -Gouto-Douji
  181. -Shouhei Narumi
  182. -Tae Asakura
  183. -Jack Frost
  184. -Raiho
  185. -Demonee-Ho
  186. -King Frost
  187. -Pyro Jack
  188. -Jack the Ripper
  189. -Ukobach
  190. -Parvati
  191. -Anzu
  192. -Metatron
  193. -Pixie
  194. -Mothman
  195. -Alice
  196. -Belphegor
  197. -Hell Biker
  198. -Matador
  199. -Louis Cyphre
  200. -Akemi Nakajima
  201. -Protagonist
  202. -Heroine
  203. -Pascal
  204. -Chaos Hero
  205. -Law Hero
  206. -Demi-Fiend
  207. -Flynn
  208. -Jonathan
  209. -Walter
  210. -Isabeau
  211. -Navarre
  212. -Nanashi
  213. -Nahobino
  214. -Amanozako
  215. -Nemissa
  216. -Spooky/Masahiro Sakurai
  217. -Ringo
  218. -Serph
  219. -Roland
  220. -Kuze Hibiki
  221. -Io Nitta
  222. -Kei Sagami and Maken
  223. -Akira and Gale
  224. -Axel Stone
  225. -Blaze Fielding
  226. -Adam Hunter
  227. -Eddie "Skate" Hunter
  228. -Cherry Hunter
  229. -Max Thunder
  230. -Dr. Gilbert Zan
  231. -Floyd Iraia
  232. -Shiva
  233. -Roo
  234. -Estel Aguirre
  235. -Mr. X
  236. -Galsia
  237. -Signal
  238. -Donovan
  239. -Big Ben
  240. -Jack
  241. -Electra
  242. -Nora
  243. -Antonio
  244. -Abadede
  245. -Mona and Lisa
  246. -Barbon
  247. -Zamza
  248. -Ash
  249. -Bruce
  250. -Break
  251. -Robo X
  252. -Diva
  253. -Mr. and Ms. Y
  254. -Commissioner
  255. -Vyse
  256. -Fina
  257. -Aika
  258. -Cupil
  259. -Drachma
  260. -Gilder
  261. -Enrique
  262. -Clara
  263. -Belle
  264. -Pinta
  265. -Empress Teodora I
  266. -Alfonso
  267. -Gregorio
  268. -Vigoro
  269. -Belleza
  270. -De Loco
  271. -Galcian
  272. -Ramirez
  273. -Lord Bane
  274. -Moegi
  275. -Piastol
  276. -Dyne
  277. -Vize, Anita and Faina
  278. -Delphinus
  279. -Rhaknam
  280. -Bayonetta
  281. -Enzo
  282. -Madama Butterfly
  283. -Gomorrah
  284. -Rodin
  285. -Luka Redgrave
  286. -Affinity
  287. -Loki
  288. -Valiance
  289. -Acceptance
  290. -Glamor
  291. -Alicia Melchiott
  292. -Selvaria Bles
  293. -Kai Schulen
  294. -Welkin Gunther
  295. -Largo Potter
  296. -Isara Gunther
  297. -Edy Nelson
  298. -Jann Walker
  299. -Homer Peron
  300. -Marina Wulfstan
  301. -Eleanor Varrot
  302. -Brigitte "Rosie" Stark
  303. -Zaka
  304. -Vyse Inglebard, Aika Thompson and Fina Sellers
  305. -Ms. Ellet
  306. -Radi Jaeger
  307. -Susie Evans
  308. -Dallas Wyatt
  309. -Faldio Landzaat
  310. -Prince Maximillian Gaius von Regingrave
  311. -Cosette Coalhearth
  312. -Avan Hardins
  313. -Kurt Irving
  314. -Riela Marcellis
  315. -Imca
  316. -Leila Peron
  317. -Claude Wallace
  318. -Riley Miller
  319. -Minerva Victor
  320. -Raz
  321. -Klaus Walz
  322. -Aladdin Ballard
  323. -Ferrier Blancheur
  324. -Forseti
  325. -Crymaria Levin
  326. -Ragnarok
  327. -Amleth Grønkjær
  328. -Brunhilde
  329. -Princess Opheila Augusta af Jutland
  330. -Edelweiss
  331. Bayonetta
  332. Enzo
  333. Madama Butterfly
  334. Gomorrah
  335. Jeanne
  336. Alraune
  337. Rodin
  338. Luka Redgrave
  339. Antonio Redgrave
  340. Affinity
  341. Loki
  342. Little King Zero
  343. Valiance
  344. Acceptance
  345. Glamour
  346. Grace and Glory
  347. Joy
  348. Fortitudo
  349. Temperantia
  350. Lustitia
  351. Sapienta
  352. Balder
  353. Masked Lumen
  354. Aesir
  355. Jubileus
  356. Umbran Elder
  357. -Alex Kidd
  358. -Janken the Great
  359. -Stella
  360. -Egle
  361. King Thunder
  362. Queen Patricia
  363. Princess Lora
  364. -Daruman
  365. -Kaicho
  366. -Gooseka the Slippery
  367. -Chokkina the Sly
  368. -Parpalin the Pursuer
  369. -Ashra
  370. -Ziggurat
  371. Hanzo
  372. -Grim Reaper
  373. Alex’s Girlfriend
  374. St. Nurai
  375. King Highstone
  376. White Ninja
  377. Jangorilla
  378. Sorcerer
  379. -Opa-Opa
  380. -U.S.B.M.G.S. Tot
  381. Cobabeach
  382. -Shop Lady
  383. -O-Papa
  384. -Upa-Upa
  385. -Dralinflore
  386. -Fantasy Zone Arcade Cabinet
  387. -Nei
  388. -Rolf
  389. -Rudo
  390. -Amy
  391. -Alis Landale
  392. -Myau
  393. -Odin
  394. -Lutz
  395. -Dark Falz
  396. Rappy
  397. Dr. Mad
  398. Neifirst
  399. -Mother Brain
  400. -Mieu
  401. Siren
  402. -Rika
  403. -Elenor Camuel
  404. -Matoi
  405. -Sakura Shinguji
  406. -Ciseaux
  407. -Ichiro Ogami
  408. -Sumire Kanzaki
  409. -Iris Chateaubriand
  410. -Gemini Sunrise
  411. -Shinjiro Taiga
  412. -Seijuro Kamiyama
  413. -Hatsuho Shihonome
  414. -Clarissa Snowflake
  415. -Arahabaki
  416. -Arle Nadja
  417. -Puyos
  418. -Carbuncle
  419. -Tee
  420. -Satan
  421. -Amitie
  422. -Draco Centauros
  423. -Ecolo
  424. -Ryo Hazuki
  425. -Tom Johnson
  426. -Ling Shenhua
  427. -Lan Di
  428. -Nozomi Harasaki
  429. -Masayuki Fukuhara
  430. -Mario Grianni
  431. -Ine Hayata
  432. -Iwao Hazuki
  433. -NiGHTS
  434. -Owl
  435. -Wizeman
  436. -Nightopian
  437. -Claris and Elliot
  438. -Will and Helen
  439. -Reala
  440. -Ideyas
  441. -Alarm Egg
  442. -Beat
  443. -Police Officer
  444. -Gum
  445. -Corn
  446. -DJ Professor K
  447. -Captain Onishima
  448. -Ulala
  449. -Pudding
  450. -Morolians
  451. -Jaguar
  452. -Coco☆Tapioca
  453. -AiAi
  454. -MeeMee
  455. -GonGon
  456. -Baby
  457. -Robo-Baby
  458. Dr. Bad-Boon
  459. -Jam
  460. -Gilius Thunderhead
  461. -Thieves
  462. -Ax Battler
  463. -Tyris Flare (Classic)
  464. -Tyris Flare (Beast Rider)
  465. -Death Adder
  466. -Stern Blade
  467. -Chronos Rait
  468. -The Golden Axe
  469. -Chickenleg
  470. -Zuburoka
  471. -Joe Musashi
  472. -Shadow
  473. -Jiro Musashi
  474. -Hotsuma
  475. -Hibana
  476. -Princess Kurumi
  477. -Kazamaru
  478. -Asha
  479. -Meka Dragon
  480. -Tom-Tom and Tanya
  481. -Bocke Lee Temjin
  482. -Leo and Pupapril
  483. -Bowie
  484. -Sarah
  485. -Chester
  486. -Slade
  487. -May
  488. -Sheela
  489. -Rohde
  490. -Kiwi
  491. -Peter
  492. -Domingo
  493. -Jogurt
  494. -Darksol and Dark Dragon
  495. -Fenrir
  496. -Temjin
  497. -Fei-Yen
  498. -Apharmd
  499. -Apharmd ("The Hatter")
  500. Specineff
  501. -Rikiya Busujima
  502. -Stick Breitling
  503. -Linda Rotta
  504. -James Taylor
  505. -Gary Stewart
  506. -Agent G
  507. -Sophie Richards
  508. -Kate Green
  509. -Ebitan
  510. -Samson/Type C-1
  511. The Chariot
  512. The Hermit
  513. The Hangedman
  514. -Dr. Curien
  515. -Zobio and Zobiko
  516. -Blue Dragon
  517. -Keil Fluge
  518. -Lagi
  519. -Lundi
  520. -Edge
  521. -Edge's Dragon
  522. -Azel
  523. -Atolm Dragon
  524. -Orta
  525. -Orta's Dragon
  526. -Drone Rider
  527. -Black Dragon
  528. -Dragon Phoenix
  529. -SEGA-chan
  530. -SG-1000
  531. -Professor Asobin
  532. Professor Playor
  533. -Mark III
  534. -SEGA Master System
  535. -Light Phaser
  536. -SEGA Mega Drive
  537. -SEGA Game Gear
  538. -SEGA CD
  539. -SEGA 32X
  540. -SEGA Saturn
  541. -Segata Sanshiro
  542. -SEGA Dreamcast
  543. -Taro Sega (Segagaga)
  544. -LOPIT (Joypolis)
  545. -SEGA Hard Girls
  546. -Punching Bag Arcade Machine
  547. -Race Car (Head-On)
  548. -Defense Robot and Spaceship (Zaxxon)
  549. -Pengo
  550. -Super Locomotive
  551. -Bongo and the Hunter (Congo Bongo)
  552. Ceres Crawford(Thunder Force)
  553. -Flicky
  554. -Sanrin Sanchan (Spatter)
  555. -Wang (Dragon Wang)
  556. -Papri (Girl's Garden)
  557. -Teddy Boy (Teddy Boy Blues)
  558. -Takeshi (My Hero)
  559. -Harrier (Space Harrier)
  560. -Squilla (Space Harrier)
  561. -Space Harrier Arcade Cabinet
  562. -Snail (Snail Maze)
  563. -Joe, Lee, Mary and Edgar (Quartet)
  564. -Ferrari Testarossa (OutRun)
  565. -OutRun Arcade Cabinet
  566. -Motorcycle Rider (Hang-On)
  567. -Hang-On Arcade Cabinet
  568. -F-14 Tomcat (After Burner)
  569. -Aircraft Carrier (After Burner)
  570. -TRY-Z (Galaxy Force)
  571. -Bin and Pin (Dynamite Düx)
  572. -Centurion (Altered Beast)
  573. -Psycho Fox
  574. Goddess(Columns)
  575. -Mobo and Robo (Bonanza Bros.)
  576. -Laden and Neena (Elemental Master)
  577. -Zana Keene (Arrow Flash)
  578. -Apple Gaikichi (16t)
  579. -U-Mazzler (Paddle Fighter)
  580. -Thud (Dark Edge)
  581. Chuck D. Head
  582. -Ramaya (Arabian Fight)
  583. Casey(Kid Chameleon)
  584. -Virtua Formula (Virtua Racing)
  585. -Greendog the Beached Surfer Dude
  586. -Gunstar Red and Blue (Gunstar Heroes)
  587. -Gunstar Green (Gunstar Heroes)
  588. -Seven Force (Gunstar Heroes)
  589. -Michael Hardy (Virtua Cop)
  590. -James Cools (Virtua Cop)
  591. -Janet Marshall (Virtua Cop)
  592. -Joe Fang (Virtua Cop)
  593. -Ecco the Dolphin
  594. -Hornet (Daytona USA)
  595. -Headdy (Dynamite Headdy)
  596. -Lancia Stratos HF (SEGA Rally)
  597. -SEGA Pat (SEGA Channel)
  598. -Animal Heads (Baku Baku Animal)
  599. -Station 13 Chief (Fahrenheit)
  600. -Ristar
  601. -Kaiser Greedy (Ristar)
  602. Epsilon-Eagle(Alien Soldier)
  603. -Sketch Turner (Comix Zone)
  604. -Wild Woody
  605. -Vectorman
  606. -THE OOZE
  607. Bahn(Fighting Vipers)
  608. -Caroline Powell (Dynamite Deka)
  609. -Teiris (Dragon Force)
  610. -Mr. Bones
  611. -Chris Parton (Burning Rangers)
  612. -Torel (The Ocean Hunter)
  613. -B.D. Joe (Crazy Taxi)
  614. Gena(Crazy Taxi)
  615. Gus(Crazy Taxi)
  616. Axel(Crazy Taxi)
  617. -Seaman and Seamen (Seaman)
  618. -ChuChus (ChuChu Rocket)
  619. -Kapu-Kapu (ChuChu Rocket)
  620. Amigo(Samba de Amigo)
  621. -Arsia Poach (Napple Tale)
  622. -Eriko Christy (Illbleed)
  623. -Mushiking (Mushiking: The King of Beetles)
  624. -Billy Hatcher
  625. -Rolly Roll (Billy Hatcher)
  626. -Dark Raven (Billy Hatcher)
  627. -Love and Berry (Love and Berry)
  628. -iDog
  629. Derek Stiles(Tramua Center)
  630. -Angela Thompson (Trauma Center)
  631. -Happy Couple (Rub Rabbits)
  632. -Ethan Thomas (Condemned)
  633. -Danny (Crush)
  634. -Jake Paterson (SEGA Race TV)
  635. -Taupy Toplan (Sands of Destruction)
  636. -Yaiba (7th Dragon)
  637. -Nagamimi (7th Dragon)
  638. -Julietta (7th Dragon)
  639. -Vincent Brooks (Catherine)
  640. -Ernst (Rise of Nightmares)
  641. -Phantom R (Rhythm Thief)
  642. -Cain (Binary Domain)
  643. -Sara Numas (Endless)
  644. -Gork "Butcher" Koroser (Endless)
  645. -Max O' Kane (Endless)
  646. -Prince Ash (Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit)
  647. -Masaoka Azuki and Kobayashi Matcha (Project 575)
  648. -Akari Hoshizaki (Performai)
  649. -Doctor (Two-Point Hospital)

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job 202:The Algol System:

The Algol System would be a mash-up of the planets you can visit in the very first Phantasy Star: The Grassy Palma, The Sandy Motavia, and Icy Dezoris. This will act similarly to my Yurian Fields suggestion from earlier.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Capsule Toy Re-Submission:
  • Casey
    • Debut: Kid Chameleon(March 1992)
    • System Debut: Genesis
  • Specineff
    • Debut:Virtua-ON: Operation Moongate
  • Professor Playor
    • Debut:SG-1000 Manuals
    • System Debut:SG-1000 Manuals

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
NEW Capsule Toy Submissions:
  • Chuck D. Head
    • Debut: Decap Attack!(Sept 1991)
  • Goddess
    • Debut: Columns(Mar 1990)
    • System Debut: Arcade
  • Derek Stiles
    • Debut:Tramua Center:Under the Knife(6/16/2005)
    • System Debut: Nintendo DS

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
So fun fact, I downloaded Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis to play, and came across these awesome looking mountains only to realise they couldn't be explored yet:

North-Aelio.png

If there's one thing we don't currently have it's a good dedicated ice stage and those mountains looked really interesting. Not being able to get to them disappointed me greatly...

So imagine my surprise when I looked into and discovered this was actually an expansion that was happening next month.

Job #202: Kvaris Region (Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis)
My idea for the stage is it taking place on the lake at night. Why night? Mainly because I love how this region looks at night.

The mysterious ores will light up brightly across one side of the stage illuminating everything in natural neon lights whilst the fighters do battle across the shallow waters, kicking up water as they run, get knocked down or perform powerful moves.

PSO2GS-Kvaris-lake.png

Your opponent can be launched into the cliff ledge here, and when doing so, the icicles will break off from above and do damage on anyone unfortunate enough to be underneath them.

PSO2GS-Karvis-Lake-2.png

After enough damage has been done by our fighters, the stage will shift as an avalanche occurs, dropping snow across the stage:

Phantasy-Star-Online-2-New-Genesis-Kvaris-night.png

Getting caught in the avalanche is obviously a big no go if you want to keep your HP in tact, but successfully jumping over the crashing snow will allow the battle to continue with less water splashing and more snow effects being thrown around.

For those who want a better look at the new region, including it's wildlife and enemies, I've included the reveal stream. Starts at 19:39 in case the timecode didn't work properly.

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Crazy Taxi Capsule Toys:
  • Axel
    • Debut: Crazy Taxi
  • Gena
  • Gus

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Phantasy Star Capsule Toys:
  • Dr.Mad
    • Debut: Phantasy Star
  • Neifirst
    • Debut: Phantasy Star ll
  • Siren
    • Debut: Phantasy Star III

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Capsule Toy Submission:
  • Dr. Badboon
    • Debut: Super Monkey Ball 2
    • System Debut: GCN
  • Rappy
    • Debut: Phantasy Star
    • System Debut: Master System
  • Cobabeach
    • Debut: Fantasy Zone
    • System Debut: Arcade

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
JOB 202: Naura Bakery

This stage begins in the Naula Cake Shop from the original Phantasy Star. It is a walk-off with two hard platforms on each side made up of shortcake displays. Now, you can break them open to get rid of part of the platform and get a few sweet treats to heal up, but this will make the shop owner very mad, and he will proceed to run from the background into the foreground to whack whoever broke the case with a wooden spoon as he holds his bowl in the other hand. The spoon does a fair bit of damage and knockback, enough to warn players from destroying the shop's displays. When he feels as though justice has been delievered (usually after about 15 seconds or so), he will hang his head low and head back to behind the counter. Poor dude. :(

But wait, what's that? After a bit, blue text boxes will flash onscreen, the pause menu stuff from Phantasy Star. The characters in play will be listed as the party members (ex Knuckles, Asha, Alicia, Joe) and the cursor will choose a random one of them to cast Ryuker, a teleportation spell. In a flash of blue light, it transports the entire party to...
(BTW, the transitions aren't just a flash of blue light and then you're there. They work most similarly to Ultimate's Stage Morphs.)
Naura Bakery from Phantasy Star Zero! Well, not inside of it, mind you, but on the roof! The layout is like a big triangle with a square base that extends a little further out than the triangle (the square being the sign for Naura Bakery). You get a really nice view of the Ozette Wastelands from up here. Fighters can knock off the sign, but doing so will cause the shopkeepers below to get mad. They will then throw various sweets at you - if you want to eat any, you'll have to time your aerial A button press when the treat is about to hit your character, otherwise you'll go flying!

Once your stay on the roof is over, the menus appear again. Everyone is then teleported to...

The incredibly rare Naura Bakery from Phantasy Star Online II! The layout for this one is similar to the Naula Cake Shop, though it has a large soft platform in the middle (being the actual shop) rather than hard platform cake displays on the sides, with the rest of the stage being the snowy ground of . You can still break the glass display to obtain cakes if you wish, though the shopkeepers won't come out to attack you - they'll just straight up leave! They will drive away! They are done with your BS! And at that point it's just Bridge of Eldin but shorter. Anyways, as you might guess, you get teleported away again after a bit, to Naula Cake Shop, for the cycle to repeat again.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Alright, I think it's time we close things down.

Here are our picks:

Algol System ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )
Kvaris Region ( YoshiandToad YoshiandToad )
Naura Bakery ( Janx_uwu Janx_uwu )

Here's the poll:

Anyway here are some side jobs for us to chew on while stuff goes on

Side Job: Submit Capsule Toys, artwork and VMU RPG enemies for Bayonetta, Alex Kidd and/or Fantasy Zone

Eeeyup! Time for our next one of these!

Here's what you can submit:

-10 Capsule Toys for each series
-5 pieces of artwork total
-3 VMU enemies in total

Speaking of Bayo.....

Side Job: Submit a reveal trailer for Bayonetta

Indeed, the next character we're revealing is Bayo! Submit a reveal pitch for her!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
As the resident Alex Kidd fanatic, yes I am going to splurge my entire submission period on the series.

Alex Kidd capsule toys
  • King Thunder
    • Series: Alex Kidd
    • First Appearance: Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
The father of Alex Kidd and Egle, King Thunder (or King Thor as he's sometimes known) went missing during Janken's invasion of Planet Aries. After Alex defeated Janken, he set off to find clues as to his missing father's whereabouts, leaving Egle as the ruling king in Thunder's absence. Alex soon heard that his father had been spotted on Janken's planet, Paper-Rock and set about to rescue him from Janken's son Ashra.
  • Queen Patricia
    • First Appearance: Alex Kidd BMX Trial
Alex Kidd and Egle's mother, Patricia was saved during Janken's invasion by the quick work of Princess Lora who made sure she escaped Radaxian castle safely, before being captured in return. After Alex defeats Janken, Patricia returns to the castle where she helps her eldest son Egle learn how to rule the kingdom in his father's absence. She appears at the end of Alex Kidd BMX Trial, greeting Alex alongside Egle and Lora finally reunited with her long lost son.
  • Princess Lora
    • First Appearance: Pit Pot
Egle's fiancee, Princess Lora first met Alex Kidd's brother after he rescued her from Castle Pit Pot. Defeating dragons, cyclops and ogres, Egle made his way to where she was, lifted the curse placed on her by the evil Sorceror and proposed to her shortly after. Lora said yes, and together they returned to Radaxian. Unfortunately Janken the Great then invaded. Lora managed to make sure Queen Patricia escaped safely, but was captured in the process. When Alex saves her she mistakes him for Egle due to their similar appearances. When Alex defeats Janken, Lora stays to help Egle rule Radaxian whilst Alex continues searching for King Thunder.

• St. Nurari
    • First Appearance: Alex Kidd in Miracle World
Alex Kidd's Shellcore master, St. Nurari rescued Alex when he was a child from the kidnappers who had stolen him from Castle Radaxian. A wise old hermit, St. Nurari instantly recognised Alex as the young missing prince thanks to the sun medallion around his neck. However, he chooses to raise Alex himself rather than return him to his royal family, training him in the art of Shellcore, seemingly aware that Alex will at some point need to save the world from forces beyond the Arians understanding. When Janken attacks, St. Nurari reveals Alex's true history to him and sends him to save the kingdom and the planet from Janken and his invading forces.
  • King High Stone
    • First Appearance: Alex Kidd in Miracle World
A neighbouring king of Nibana, the kingdom next to Radaxian, High Stone is a family friend of Thunder's. Upon meeting Alex Kidd and reading the letter from Prince Egle explaining the situation, High Stone hands Alex Kidd the Hirotta Stone, a tablet with clues on how to obtain the Golden Crown which can reverse Janken's petrification powers on the civilians of Radaxian.
  • Hanzo
    • First Appearance: Alex Kidd in Shinobi World
A demonic ninja that was banished 10,000 years ago by the White Ninja. He has finally returned to Shinobi World, looking to regain the power he lost. To do so he needs a host. To that end, he kidnaps Alex Kidd's girlfriend and vanishes into thin air. Alex Kidd, with the help of the White Ninja fusing with his soul is able to fight through Hanzo's army and finally defeat the dark ninja in a duel, freeing his girlfriend. The Hyottoko Mask Hanzo wears breaks in the end of the game revealing his face...looks exactly like the silly mask!
  • Alex's Girlfriend
Alex Kidd's girlfriend is...Alex Kidd's girlfriend. Hanzo kidnaps her during the events of Shinobi World in order to help restore his lost power. During a date no less! Luckily Alex Kidd is able to rescue her from being a sacrifice with the help of the White Ninja fusing with his soul and the two are reunited after Hanzo is defeated and they can finally continue their date in the flower field. She makes a cameo in Sega Ages: Columns II as a scorecard girl where her name is revealed to be...Alex's Girlfriend.
  • White Ninja
The heroic ninja spirit that banished Hanzo, the dark ninja, 10,000 years ago. Unfortunately Hanzo has finally managed to crawl his way back and the White Ninja having died a long time ago, is without a body to do battle with him. Luckily for him, Hanzo makes the mistake of kidnapping Alex's Girlfriend, prompting the hero of Radaxian to fuse his soul with the White Ninja and help him defeat Hanzo once more!
  • Jangorilla
    • First Appearance: Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
A janken playing gorilla resident of Paper-Rock, Jangorilla runs the Janken Houses, auction shops that Alex Kidd can visit to obtain useful items. Unfortunately, this is planet Paper-Rock where rock-paper-scissors matches are deadly games, and so Alex must defeat Jangorilla to obtain these items as well as pay the monetary value for them! If Alex loses, he'll lose more than just his money too. Both his dignity and his life are on the line in these barbaric bartering banters! Jangorilla isn't messing around!
  • Sorceror
    • First Appearance: Pit Pot
The witch who kidnapped Princess Lora and locked her up in Pit Pot Castle, placing a curse on her and daring heroes to come and try to save her. The Sorceror filled Pit Pot Castle with deadly dragons, cyclops, ogres and drops and likely would have been the victor...if only they hadn't accidentally dropped their magical hammer outside the castle's gates. Alex Kidd's brother, Prince Egle, picked the magical hammer up and ventured in to Pit Pot Castle. Using the hammer, Egle was able to smash the monsters, the floors and break the curse upon Lora and then even propose to her! Sometimes it pays to lock up your magical weapons.
----------------

VMU Enemies:

Mini Gooseka (Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX, 2021)
Mini Chokkina (Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX, 2021)
Mini Parpalin (Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX, 2021)

(I'd like to have submitted the Fishman and Heitakun , the toy soldier enemies from Enchanted Castle as well, but you can't have just one of Janken's mini mercs without the others. Need all the Rock, Paper, Scissors head forces!)

-------------------

Artwork:

Alex-Kidd-in-Miracle-World-Box-Artwork.png

Miracle Worker (Alex Kidd in Miracle World)
Key artwork used for the Japanese box art. Janken holds Princess Lora hostage as Alex bops Chokkina in the face.

Alex-Kidd-Miracle-World-DX-Signature-Edition.png

Miracle Worker DX (Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX)
Signature Edition box art mimicking the original box art. Chokkina is missing but Janken continues to hold Lora.

Alex-Kidd-and-Stella.png

Star Saviours (Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars)
Japanese promotional flyer artwork for the arcade version of the game.

Alex-and-Sonic-Segagaga.png

Replaced (Segagaga)
Artwork from Alex Kidd's backstory in Segagaga when he was ultimately replaced by Sonic

Alex-Kidd-Sega-Host.png

Sega Ages (Nintendo Switch Sega Ages collection)
Pre-game art of Alex Kidd presenting the game. If the game turns out to be Miracle World, Alex leaps into the screen to start it!

-------------------

I may do some additional capsule toys for Bayonetta and Fantasy Zone at a later date, but there's my Alex Kidd bumper bargain bucket submission

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
It's witch time, baby! Descriptions on the way since I've never played Bayonetta and I've got a lot of testing this week.

• Cereza
    • Series: Bayonetta
    • First Appearance: Bayonetta
    • System Debut: Xbox 360/PlayStation 3

• Antonio Redgrave

• Umbran Elder

• Loptr
    • First Appearance: Bayonetta 2
    • System Debut: Wii U

• Balder

• Jeanne

• Rosa

• Little King Zero

And now, artwork!

Title: Eyes of Bayonetta
Origin: Cover art for The Eyes of Bayonetta 2, an art book for the second game in the series.

Title: Duology
Origin: Promotional artwork for the Platinum Games social media.
Notes: bottom bit is cut off

Title: A Smashing Good Time
Origin: Reveal artwork for Bayonetta's inclusion in Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS.

Title: Angelical
Origin: The Eyes of Bayonetta artbook

Title: Umbra Witch Armistice
Origin: Artwork made in celebration for the Switch release of Bayonetta 1&2.
Notes: I just really like how this art plays off of the other Bayo/Jeanne art submitted by OrpheusTelos.

Will add in VMU's probably once I get descriptions finished.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Bayonetta capsule toys:

Masked Lumen
-Series: Bayonetta
-First Appearance: Bayonetta 2
-System Debut: Wii U

"A mysterious masked Lumen Sage who's pursuing Loki, in an attempt at getting revenge for a personal tragedy. With Bayonetta as Loki's bodyguard, this is easier said than done. Nobody knows who's behind the mask, but he's considerably more stoic and less talkative than the last Lumen Sage that Bayonetta met."

Alraune

"A demon from the depths of Inferno, she came into possession of Jeanne's soul and intends to use it as a power source to move up in the demonic hierarchy. She has a fierce, albeit seemingly one-sided, rivalry with Madama Butterfly."

Grace and Glory
-First Appearance: Bayonetta
-System Debut: Xbox 360/PS3

"Depicted as gods of war, Grace and Glory are virtually inseparable. These two are among the more frustrating types of angels to face, with their quick movement and unpredictable attacks. Rumour has it that even more powerful versions of them exist somewhere in Paradiso's ranks."

Joy

"Powerful humanoid angels and shapeshifters, Joys can take on the appearance of an Umbran Witch or duplicate themselves as they wish. Greatly resembling their creator, the Joys copy many of Bayonetta's attacks, though there's no matching the genuine article."

Fortitudo

"One of the four Audito, Fortitudo personifies courage and fortitude. Responsible for the near-extinction of the Umbran Witches hundreds of years ago, Fortitudo is capable of summoning magma at will."

Temperantia

"With a body like a castle and arms like trees, Temperantia is practically a fortress on its own. Embodying the cardinal virtue of temperance, Temperantia presents itself before humanity as a massive tornado that flattens all in its path."

Iustitia

"Believed to be the closest of the Audito to hell, given its resemblance to a demon, Iustitia represents justice. Surprisingly childlike, Iustitia is also known as the giver of life."

Sapienta

"Even among the Audito, Sapientia is well-known for being narcissistic, claiming responsibility for all tides, tsunamis, and anything to do with the water. It comes to the human realm in the form of a sea creature so massive and heavily armoured that it could easily be mistaken for a colossal battleship."

Jubileus

"The embodiment of Divine Will, Jubileus is the ruler of Paradiso and worshipped as a goddess. Sealed away during the first armageddon, Balder seeks to awaken her and allow Paradiso to rule over the whole universe."

Aesir

"The God of Chaos, Aesir is responsible for the creation of much of the human realm. With his task completed, he split his soul and his power in two so that humanity could possess the Eyes of the World. Unfortunately, this split also divided his good and evil aspects between the two halves, and his evil side wants to get control of Aesir's full power by any means necessary."

I'll submit artwork, VMU mooks, and probably a trailer at some point; I just wanted to get these submitted while I had the chance.

Top Bottom