• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: An Alternate SSB Universe, part 3: Brawl

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
If Elbie wins can we not do the Lyn cameo? I'd quite like to submit her as playable down the line. But if she doesn't get in then sure.
I’ll still let Lyn be eligible since she wouldn’t be an assist. We can have another character suggested instead in the background when she is chosen like Hector, Eliwood, Roy (if we’re having it as Binding Blade themed instead of Blazing Sword), or a villain like Nergal or Sonia.
If Elibe does win and Lyn gets added to the roster, we could very well do both in a similar fashion to Spirit Tracks, where someone replaces her if used.

I too want her in and, considering this is a parallel universe version of the series, it'd be pretty funny if Ike ended up taking her place as an Assist Trophy.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
There was a tie on the poll before I submitted my vote, so I’ll vote for Elibe, making it the new Fire Emblem stage.

Here are the nominations for single player minigames:
Pupp135 Pupp135 Race to the finish
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch Home Run Contest
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Traverse through Level

Vote for your 2 most wanted modes, where your submission is not first.

1. Traverse through Level
2. Home Run Contest

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes

Race to the Finish 2
Home Run Contest 8
Traverse through Level 5

Home Run Contest is our next single player minigame.

Job 30: Submit a character and why that character would be a good addition to the roster.

Pokemon Trainer artwork by Ken Sugimori. Found here.FireRed LeafGreen Leaf.pngCharizard artwork by Ken Sugimori. Found here.
For this submission, I’ll go with Red/Leaf+Charizard from Pokemon. While this would be our second Pokemon newcomer, the pokemon trainer is a major part of the series for being the player character, and Charizard is one of the most popular pokemon. Instead of Charizard doing all of the fighting, Red/Leaf would move around and call out Charizard for specific attacks, such as having it use its neutral and up specials to help Red/Leaf fight (so something similar to Banjo-Kazooie).

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 30:

It surprises me that it took until Ultimate for a character as significant as King K. Rool to get in and for Donkey Kong to get three reps (I also think it should've gotten Dixie as well, but I'm getting ahead of myself). K. Rool is the antagonist of the DK series and one of the most recognisable Nintendo villains, so I think he deserves to be on the roster.

I considered submitting the Gen 3 Trainer for this job, but I thought it would be redundant. (Edit: Ignore this part)
While this would be our second Pokemon newcomer, the pokemon trainer is a major part of the series for being the player character, and Charizard is one of the most popular pokemon.
To be fair, Pikachu and Mewtwo were the only Pokémon in our version of Melee, so I don't think another newcomer would hurt. In hindsight, I probably would've submitted Pichu or Marill over Giygas, but oh well.

Trophy submissions (all Fire Emblem):
1. Micaiah
2. Sothe
3. Elincia
4. Ashnard
5. Hector

Last edited:
Job 30:
Ice Climbers/Popo and Nana (Ice Climber)

Ice Climbers are main protagonists of their NES and called "Ice Climber". They are ****** kids, who are climbing to the top of mountain to get their food stolen by Condor. They climb by Smashing the roofs and defeating enemies like Polar Bears for example.

Ice Climbers could have identical moveset like in Smash, but there are moveset alterations like their Up B grounded could be Condor or their Down Smash could be Polar Bear that stomps the opponents.

I nominate Ice Climbers, because we never had a 1st Party Retro Rep in the Game andwe could need Ice Climbers as 1st Party NES Era characters. Also, they are gonna be first Characters to be dual fighter like in Real Smash.
Since they missed out the chance as Retro characters due to Mega Man appearing in roster, so why can't we put Ice Climbers in it?

Trophy submissions:
1. Wario's Bike (Wario)
2. Jimmy T. (Wario)
3. Kraid (Metroid)
4. Liquid Snake (Metal gear)
5. Gyroid (Animal Crossing)

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Job 30: Lugia
1642952215140.png

After being in a Pokémon in Smash two, Lugia has returned to be playable. Lugia is there as a Johto rep and a Flying type Pokémon (in addition to psychic). This Pokémon can learn Aeroblast, air slash, dragon rush, extrasensory and hurricane winds, the last one being a potential final smash.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Job 30: Pokemon Trainer (Totodile, Grovyle and Charizard)
Multi-Gen Trainer.png

I think the Pokemon Trainer is an important addition as it represents the core gameplay of the Pokemon series, however, I think it would be better to use starters for Johto and Hoenn in order to represent all generations of Pokemon instead of having 5 Kanto Pokemon. why these 3 specifically? well, Charizard has to be there because he's Charizard. The Treeko line is the most popular Hoenn starter and Grovyle seems like he would work better as a fighter than Treeko, which leaves Totodile for Johto

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the nominations
Pupp135 Pupp135 Pokemon Trainer + Charizard (like Banjo-Kazooie)
@Darkonedagger Lyn(dis)
Butters Stotch Butters Stotch King K. Rool
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Ice Climbers
BowserKing BowserKing Lugia
Otoad64 Otoad64 Pokemon Trainer (Brawl style)

Vote for your three most wanted newcomers, where your submission is not first.

1. Ice Climbers
2. Lyn(dis)
3. Pokemon Trainer + Charizard (I thought of putting have the Brawl one instead of Lyn, but it feels like I’m voting for my submission twice if I did that)

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Pokemon Trainer + Charizard 2
Lyn 7
King K. Rool 10
Ice Climbers 8
Lugia 2
Pokemon Trainer (Brawl Style) 7

King K. Rool is our next newcomer, and our first new antagonist.

Job 31: Submit an assist trophy and how it would work.

I was going to choose Waluigi just to have the meme here, but I think that Bowser Jr. would’ve been an interesting assist trophy. As an assist, he would splatter graffiti onto the stage, damaging players who come into contact. Sometimes, Swampin’ Stus or a Proto Piranha emerge, damaging players who come into contact.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 31:

Zero from Mega Man X. Same as he is in Ultimate, except he's voiced by Lucas Gilbertson.

Trophy submissions:
1. Bass & Treble
2. Roll
3. Mega Man Volnutt
4. Mega Man.EXE
5. Star Force Mega Man
6. Dr. Light (only because K. Rool's inclusion frees up a spot)

Not to discourage anyone from submitting him, but I'm thinking of submitting Waluigi as a character at some point. It'd be interesting to see him get in before the demand for him began.

Last edited:
Assist Trophy:
Devil (Devil World)

When summoned, He acts same like in Brawl, which he moves the camera.

Trophy Submissions:
1. Guts Man (Megaman)
2. Panther Caroso (Star Fox)
3. F-Zero Vechicles
4. Tractor Trailer (Stunt Race FX) (He is Depicted as Truck with Trailer)
5. Infantry and Tanks (Advance Wars)

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Bowser Jr. 7
Zero 12
Bomberman 0
Devil 5
Grey Fox 12

Zero and Grey Fox are are next assist trophies.

Job 32: Submit an item and how it would work.

I’ll renominate the geosphere.

FEMN Geosphere.png
For something different, I’ll nominate the geosphere from the fire emblem series, which gives 20 damage to all players.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 32:

Animal Crossing will probably get a character at some point, so I may as well submit the Pitfall. Same as is it is in Brawl, except you can get stuck in floating platforms.

Trophy submissions:
1. Red
2. Bonsly
3. Munchlax
4. Weavile
5. Metagross

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes
Geosphere 2
Pitfall 4
Bunny Ears 3

Pitfall is added as our next item.

Job 33: Submit stages for the Yoshi and Wario Series, and describe their layout.

Yoshi's Island stage Brawl.png
Taken from SmashBros. DOJO!!.
Since I like the layouts of the ones in Brawl, I’ll submit Yoshi’s Island and Wario Ware, but the Yoshi stage is renamed to Flower Fields

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Job 33:

I'll submit Baby Bowser's Castle. It's a recreation of the final battle of the first Yoshi's Island game, taking place on the ruins of the destroyed castle. Baby Bowser lurks in the background and occasionally shoots fireballs. Giant rocks will sometimes fall and briefly wipe out platforms.

Though Bomberman isn't in (unless he gets submitted here or on a later game's thread), I'll submit Arrow Zone, a stage from his crossover with Wario. It's the same as it is in the Smash Crusade mod, except it takes place within a Game Boy like Dream Land GB.

Trophy submissions:
1. Zant
2. Ilia
3. Toon Zelda
4. Toon Ganondorf
5. Medli

Top Bottom