• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: A Community Proposed SSB6

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I acknowledge how obvious Peach is as a reason people would pass on her for the time being, she probably will need to make it eventually, but if we're hitting 30 characters without Peach (or Luigi) we're nearing a bit of a breaking point. That said...

1. Arle
2. Peach
3. Lyn

I don't have a lot of interest in the other third party nominees, although I admire how bold some of these nominations were. Arle is my most wanted character tied with a Rhythm Heaven character so she's getting the nod here... Puyo is also a very popular and influential series within its genre with close ties to Nintendo, I think she's a natural fit even this early on. Was torn between Lyn and Pyra / Mythra, but Fire Emblem is probably one of the series who needs a new character the most right now. Lyn is an evergreen choice, one of the few who has garnered a level of popularity comparable to those in Smash without being playable.

I still really want to get Pyra / Mythra on here, BritishGuy has been resilient and I agree with them. Their stance change mechanic is valuable. I'm just giving priority to Fire Emblem on the front of... well, it just feels weird to go all the way from 8 characters to 1 doesn't it? No reason to keep neglecting. I like Krystal, I just find it difficult to justify her over some of these other characters. Estelle is admittedly a cool pull but I have no attachment, and truth be told I'm just not interested in Lara Croft at all.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
1. Peach
2. Mythra/Pyra
3. Arle

I feel like we should try and get Peach in now. Sometimes you run the risk of characters slipping out of the roster if you hold off on them. Xenoblade deserves the second rep and the blade girls being a pretty cool gimmick. I don't know a lot about Puyo Puyo but a puzzle game rep makea sense. Krysryal is cool but should probably wait till we have Falco or Wolf. Estelle and Lara feel more like DlC additions. Didn't wanna self vote.

129.png

Magikarp
Will flop on the floor and splash water. Takes Goldeen's role since it kind of makes more sense for him anyway

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I forgot to do mention this, but Fairy Glade and Night Walk are our next stages.

Here are the votes:

Arle 9
Aegis 9
Estelle Bright 2
Lyn 7
Krystal 1
Lara Croft 2
Princess Peach 12

Peach is added, and here is a poll to choose between Arle and Mythra/Pyra.

For Pokemon, Abomasnow and Magikarp are added.

We’ll go with my Event Mode proposal.

Job 69: Submit an Assist
Official artwork of Phosphora from Kid Icarus: Uprising.
I’ll nominate Phosphora, who would work similarly to she does in Ultimate.

Job 70: Submit an Item

I’ll submit for the return of Lip’s Stick.

Feel free to submit 3 Donkey Kong and Legend of Zelda songs.

Crocodile Cacophony (DK Country 2)
Mole Patrol (DK Country Returns)
Gear Getaway (DK Country Returns)

Tal Tal Heights (Link‘s Awakening)
Termina Village (Majora’s Mask)
The Hidden Village (Twilight Princess)

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Vote for your two most wanted, where yours is not first.

1. Adeline
2. Star Man
The winners for this assist round weren't announced

GSJenna-removebg-preview.png

Jenna (Golden Sun)
Will use fire magic to summon a fire Dragon that shoots across the stage.

Dragoon
Works like it did in past games

:ultdk:
Mine Cart Madness (Donkey Kong Country Returns)
Big Top Bop (Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze)
Punch Bowl (Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze)

:ultzelda:
Molgera (The Wind Waker)
Hyrule Castle Theme (A Link Between Worlds)
Kakariko Village (Hyrule Warriors)

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
channels4_profile-removebg-preview.png

AiAI
Rolls around the stage in his ball and knocks over foes, makes the stage shake as he runs.

Boss Galaga
Works like it did before.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
From the poll, Arle is our next fighter.

Here are the nominations for Assists:
Pupp135 Pupp135 Phosphora
darkvortex darkvortex Jenna
Perkilator Perkilator Red Arremer
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Karate Joe
TORNADO BUS DRIVER TORNADO BUS DRIVER Aiai

Vote for your three most wanted, where yours is not first.

1. Aiai
2. Karate Joe
3. Phosphora

For items, we’ll add Lip’s Stick, Dragoon, Beehive, and Boss Galaga by default.

Job 71: Submit a Puyo Puyo stage.
 Screenshot

I’ll nominate Puyo Puyo board, which is pretty much northsouthmap’s suggestion below but without the Tetris.
Job 72: Submit a Moveset for Isaac and Sami.

I’ll nominate Isaac’s SSF2 moveset.

Also, feel free to nominate 2 event matches.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
1. Karate Joe
2. Jenna
3. Aiai

58aa8cd404a667d1ecd52cc37348a77b.png

Primp Town
Players fight on a hill in the town. There is the magic school in the back and other buildings such as the playground. You can see the shadow of Satan's Tower. Pyuos falls down and act as platforms, but they will disappear when they connect.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. Karate Joe
2. Jenna
3. Phosphora

Job 71 - Puyo Puyo Tower (Tsuu)

1708797063717.png

The central location of the series' most important entry, the Tower is probably the most iconic Puyo locale. This stage would be designed to replicate the progression of Puyo 2. You start at the bottom of the Tower, which steadily works its way up through several floors. Each floor has different platform and wall layouts with various character cameos such as Skeleton T, Suketoudara and Draco Centaros who will drop obstrusive Puyo into the foreground. Satan is at the top and casts magic / drops large Puyo hazards, until the top of the tower rockets into the stratosphere like the ending of Puyo 2.

1708797469017.png

Then the stage resets, and you make your journey once again until the match is over.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes.

Phosphora 5
Jenna 5
Red Arremer
Karate Joe 10
Aiai 4

Karate Joe is added as an assist, and there will be a poll to vote between Jenna and Phosphora.

Here are the stages.
Pupp135 Pupp135 Puyo Puyo Board
darkvortex darkvortex Primp Town
Louie G. Louie G. Puyo Puyo Tower
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Puyo Puyo Tetris

Vote for your three most wanted, where your’s is not first.

1. Puyo Puyo Tetris
2. Puyo Puyo Tower
3. Primp Town

For Isaac’s moveset, please use this poll to vote for northsouthmap’s or my proposal.

For Sami’s moveset, we’ll go with northsouthmap’s by default.

Job 73: Submit a Fighter (Open Ended)
Ryu.png
While I’d like to renominate Ice Climbers, this is probably a great time to nominate major character who’s still not in, and I feel like Ryu is a great choice as he’s probably the most important third party missing outside of Steve.

Feel free to submit 2 Puyo Puyo trophies (I’ll add mine later)
Ess
Tee

Last edited:

Oggy123

Smash Rookie
Job 73: Bandana Waddle Dee

He's one of the most iconic Kirby characters aside from Kirby himself, and one of the most requested characters for Smash Bros.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Job 73: Little Mac

1708915337449.png

Full disclosure, Punch-Out is my favorite series still missing from this roster. But even beyond that, I think Little Mac offers a fresh gameplay style through his more traditional approach and is a no-brainer inclusion for Smash being one of Nintendo's earliest combat oriented games. His series may currently be dormant, but its legacy is still quite strong and it remains one of Nintendo's more prestigious classic titles.

1. Primp Town
2. Puyo Puyo Tower
3. Puyo Puyo Board

Admittedly, I'd rather just focus on Puyo and not muddle it with Tetris. It's a cool idea, but I want the series to stand on its own in Smash. Tetris could be its own separate stage, and I think they'd both be better off for it.

Puyo Puyo Trophies:
Draco Centauros
Suketoudara

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
1. Puyo Puyo Tower
2. Primp Town
3. Puyo Puyo Board
I think a Tetris stage could be fun later
Captain_Olimar_Pikmin_4_Render.png

Olimar
Pikmin is a series that is still going and just got a game. Olimar brings a unique playstyle and could maybe shave some Pikmin 4 stuff in his moveset.

Puyo Puyo Trophies:
Amitie
Schezo Wegey

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
Job 73: Luigi (Super Mario)
IMG_3344.png

A different pick this time (I don’t want to exhaust Pythra as a pick too much too early, though anyone else feel free to submit them this round), and also… he’s Luigi. It’s baffling he isn’t in already.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes:
Puyo Puyo Board 2
Primp Town 6
Puyo Puyo Tower 7
Puyo Puyo Tetris 3

Puyo Puyo Tower is our next stage.

From the polls, my Isaac moveset proposal will be used, and Jenna will be our next assist.

Here are the nominations:

Pupp135 Pupp135 Ryu
Oggy123 Oggy123 Bandana Waddle Dee
Louie G. Louie G. Little Mac
Perkilator Perkilator Dr. Eggman
darkvortex darkvortex Olimar
BritishGuy54 BritishGuy54 Luigi
TORNADO BUS DRIVER TORNADO BUS DRIVER Ganondorf
Northsouthmap Northsouthmap Ridley

Vote for your three most wanted, where yours is not first.

1. Luigi
2. Ryu
3. Olimar

Louie G.

Smash Hero
1. Olimar
2. Luigi
3. Little Mac

Really great choices across the board here. Under other circumstances I would have easily supported Ganondorf and Ridley, and I'd probably like to get Ryu in here next as far as third parties go too. But outside of my personal pick of Little Mac, Olimar and Luigi are easy votes as two of the most glaring omissions right now. Luigi is self explanatory, but I'm ranking Olimar just a smidge higher because Pikmin absolutely warrants a playable character at this stage. It's seen some very notable recent success and is treated as one of Nintendo's most valuable brands lately, and while I'd like to see Olimar's moveset retooled to be more intuitive and fun I do think he plays in a very original way. He's a no brainer and should have probably made it already.

Oggy123

Smash Rookie
1. Luigi
2. Bandana Waddle Dee
3. Olimar

Luigi is very much a no-brainer, since he's one of the most popular game characters, never mind Nintendo ones. Bandana Waddle Dee is pretty much the Luigi of Kirby, or at least shaping up to be one, having enjoyed some fame in the most recent titles. Olimar also has a game that recently came out, and he's a Smash regular as well...

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
1. Ryu
2. Luigi
3. Olimar

Also, is it possible to change Shulk’s artwork in the roster to his Definitive Edition artwork?

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are the votes:
Ryu 6
Bandana Waddle Dee 2
Little Mac 1
Dr. Eggman
Olimar 10
Luigi 16
Ganondorf 1
Ridley

Luigi and Olimar are our next fighters.

Before we continue onto the next job, I want to do a check-in. What’s everyone’s opinion on the roster, stages, items, assists, and game modes? Is there something that you’d like me to change with how this thread is handled?
I’ll only go over my stance on the roster and stages.
For the roster, I think that we’ve added some pretty cool newcomers like Isaac (one of my most wanted), Chorus Kids, Tom Nook, and Arle. In terms of newcomers, there isn’t one where I have a huge preference who has a realistic chance at this point.
In terms of veterans, we have a good selection so far, but it does show how limiting 32 (technically 34) fighters really is as there are prominent characters like Wario, Diddy Kong, Ganondorf, Meta Knight, Ryu, Mii fighters, and Isabelle missing from the roster. Outside of the major players, I’m still hoping for Ice Climbers and possibly Sheik to join.

I think the stage selection is cool so far as we’re able to get a Mario Party map. In terms of maps I’d like to see, they’re really just Fountain of Dreams and Magicant for their aesthetic.

Last edited:

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
The roster is good so far, and still has room to grow. There is certainly more emphasis on more niche and dormant series here, such as Rhythm Heaven, Advance Wars, and Golden Sun.

Though it’s certainly baffling it took this long to get Luigi and Olimar in the roster, and that many franchises are still only on one character, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Xenoblade, and even Fire Emblem.

If I were to bulk up the mentioned series, I’d add Ridley, Diddy Kong, Aegis, and Byleth.

The third parties so far feel very Nintendo-y. Sonic, Pac, Rayman, and Mega Man are all great, and I agree that Ryu should be here soon.

Also here’s my ideal Smash 6 roster (replace New IP with Rosalina).
IMG_1586.jpeg

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Before we continue onto the next job, I want to do a check-in. What’s everyone’s opinion on the roster, stages, items, assists, and game modes? Is there something that you’d like me to change with how this thread is handled?
I do think there are a lot of glaring omissions currently, and if everyone feels that way maybe we can just tailor some future prompts to account for that. More prompts adding supporting characters from represented series, veterans from this game or that game and so forth. Obviously we want to keep this as loose as possible so we get a result that feels like a community decision, but you get it. I agree that it's pretty crazy it took this long to get Luigi and Olimar but it makes sense if they aren't the most immediately exciting choices for the participants, prompts don't allow for them to be nominated etc. I'm trying to keep an eye on the greater scope of things and prioritize evergreen and important characters myself but you can only do so much to control that in a community based roster where people all have different values and opinions. It may not lead to the strongest end result but it would be an interesting one, which is kind of the point.

:ultwario::ultdiddy::ultganondorf::ultridley::ultmetaknight::ultike::ultisabelle::ultgnw::ultryu:

Here are some of the more notable exclusions as it stands. On top of that Pokemon and Fire Emblem probably warrant at least one or two more than we've got, and Xenoblade could sustain another. We can be flexible on whether those characters are old or new, but we're selling them a bit short right now. And then every character here is pretty much a guaranteed mainstay and/or essential character to their respective series. I hope we get the opportunity to add them soon.

Right now we have around 7-8 newcomers, I think. By normal Smash standards that's about half of the total. I think to some extent we've handled it nicely, I'm especially impressed we were able to get Nook and Octavio through, but even I can admit we've leaned a bit hard into dormant, nearly 20 year old IPs. Again though, if this is what the community wants then it's important for the roster to reflect that. But as much as I especially value the addition of these series it does make me personally feel like we're putting too many eggs into one basket... granted, I contributed to this myself, but I didn't want to let that prevent me from nominating my most wanted character. It leads to a bit of a crossroads but I hope maybe we're satisfied now and can put more emphasis on already represented series absent from the roster, more creative or necessary contemporary choices or simply building on what's already here. I'm not disappointed with the current state of the roster but I do see a lot of room for improvement, and some glaring gaps to be closed in on.

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Based on the feedback above, there is a general agreement that we’d like to focus a bit on bringing back major characters and building up some franchsies. Also, there is feedback to redirect the focus on some of the selected newcomers.

Job 74: Submit a Job for the Next Character Jobs. The three most voted jobs will be next.
My job will be to submit a fighter who’s not from a franchise currently on the playable roster (veteran or newcomer).
Even though we’ve covered first party franchises for newcomers, there are still some major franchises from veteran series missing, like Wario Ware, Mii, and Street Fighter.

Job 75: Submit a moveset for Tom Nook and DJ Octavio

For this set of free submissions, feel free to add 5 trophies of your choice, and please specify the series.

Last edited:
Top Bottom