• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Community Echo Voting Thread: Part 48 Shulk

Who should be Robin's Echo?

• Total voters

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Well obviously the animations (the wheels for running, the hammer for Yoshi Bomb, the propellers for Flutter Jumping, etc.)...
Yeah, I think in his game the yarn kinda jiggles around when he lands?

I do like the concept of him. And Yoshi does need a second rep.

Also, after this ends. (When we get through all the characters and if there is no DLC.) I thought of a fun way to extend this poll.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Three Foxes are more than enough, so a fourth is definitely not wanted.

As such, I vote for no viable option.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
For Young Link's echo I nominate the version of Link from A Link Between Worlds.

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
Peppy again, the same person I voted for Fox.
At the moment I have no idead for Young Link that wasn't already stated.

For Young Link's echo I nominate the version of Link from A Link Between Worlds.
But wouldn't that be Toon Link?

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
Ah, ok, yeah, this concept art would work as a Young Link echo.
For some reason I have the "Tri Force Heroes" boxart version in mind (which looks a lot more like Toon Link), probably because the ingame sprites are based on "A Link between worlds"...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i love how zelda uses her albw design yet you all keep saying link's one should be his a young version

anyway i dont think falco should have an echo

as for young link nominations there's a few young swords men who could work, colin from twilight princess could work

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I’ll go with Saria. At least he’s already got the Kokiri tunic/sword and Deku shield.

Also she’s the first character you meet in OoT.

For the Dorf...Demise is an obvious option, as could be Yuga

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
Ravio strikes me the most interesting.
For Ganondorf Echo I nominate Yuga, seems the most fitting...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
im gonna go with colin, as albw zelda is the main zelda in ultimate itd make more sense for ravio and albw link to be echoes of main link

as for ganondorf perhaps a smaller version of classic ganon would work

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There's no viable Echo for Young Link I personally feel. Toon Link comes closest, and he's his own character.

Am nominating Demise for a Ganondorf Echo. Would make THE most sense I feel.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Toon Ganondorf I guess
For Mewtwo, as much I'm iffy on the idea of cross-franchise Echoes, I nominate Giegue/Mother 1 Giygas

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
Demise. Although why isn't Ganon a choice? The extreme differences in body type? That makes sense.

As for Mewtwo: If we can cross-pollinate series between echoes, then I second Giegue! Otherwise... okay this is a long shot, but what about one of the Ultra Beasts? Like Poipole (who may be too small) or Nihilego (who I'm not sure if their moveset would match up) or maybe Xurkitree?

I'm going with Giegue of Xurkitree as the echo.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Voted for Demise.

For Mewtwo the only plausible Echo is Deoxys.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
For a Ganondorf Echo I nominate Urbosa.

She's the most relevant 3D Zelda side character choice of the Gerudos and Urbosa has the height, sword, and magic that would line with Ganondorf pretty well. Just change Ganon's magic effects to lightning, as well as borrowing from Pikachu so she can have some attacks with electric properties. Urbosa could be a Chrom like Echo and have Ganon's side b replaced with a projectile, Warlock Punch changed to either a shield bash or a quick electric punch that stuns (basically Ryu's down b with electric effect) and her down b is Pikachu's.

I would say the two things that are against her chances for Ultimate would be if Sakurai wants to add more BotW content than what he's shown so far (assuming she's not already playable), and if Sakurai would add her to the roster without the rest of the Champions as newcomers.

Last edited:

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
Voted Yuga, I can see that working.
Mewtwo Echo... I nominate Zeraora (just use yellow electric effects instead of pink psychics)

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Demise is really the only viable choice here.

I can't really see any good ones for Mewtwo. I know Giygas is suggested a lot, but I can't really see anything good.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
voted for toon ganondorf its my favourite look for him

as for mewtwo, deyxos has been nominated so how bout mew? it does make sense it would be inronic if he got in as a clone of the character who's a clone of him

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Dumb question, who's classic Ganondorf? You can't get more classic than Ocarina of time unless you decide to use the Oracle concept art.
Anyway, since Ganondorf has a sword, I think Samurai Goroh could be a viable echo.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Dumb question, who's classic Ganondorf? You can't get more classic than Ocarina of time unless you decide to use the Oracle concept art.
Anyway, since Ganondorf has a sword, I think Samurai Goroh could be a viable echo.
it means classic ganon

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Uhh, I think you misplaced a picture
Thank You. I will fix that as soon as I can.

For a Ganondorf Echo I nominate Urbosa.

She's the most relevant 3D Zelda side character choice of the Gerudos and Urbosa has the height, sword, and magic that would line with Ganondorf pretty well. Just change Ganon's magic effects to lightning, as well as borrowing from Pikachu so she can have some attacks with electric properties. Urbosa could be a Chrom like Echo and have Ganon's side b replaced with a projectile, Warlock Punch changed to either a shield bash or a quick electric punch that stuns (basically Ryu's down b with electric effect) and her down b is Pikachu's.

I would say the two things that are against her chances for Ultimate would be if Sakurai wants to add more BotW content than what he's shown so far (assuming she's not already playable), and if Sakurai would add her to the roster without the rest of the Champions as newcomers.
Hey Guys, we have been getting new people lately so I am going to clear up some confusion.

So how it works is when one character is being voted for nominations for that character will no longer be viable. Just so we don't have to reset the polls. So today is Ganon so you would want to nominate an echo choice for Mewtwo. Then when Mewtwo is up to vote for then we nominate character choices for the next character after that.

Also, if you are confused as to why a certain character is on the list, I usually take 99% of the suggestions that people make. So, I can make everyones voices be heard.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
I don't think there's any viable clone for Ganondorf. I mean, he is already a far-fetched character, being a clone of a character with only moves made up for Smash.

As for Mewtwo, I vote Gardevoir. It would be weird, but I could see it happening. Maybe they could give Gardevoir a more fairy-ish moveset?

Peridorito

Smash Journeyman
I don't think there's any viable clone for Ganondorf. I mean, he is already a far-fetched character, being a clone of a character with only moves made up for Smash.

As for Mewtwo, I vote Gardevoir. It would be weird, but I could see it happening. Maybe they could give Gardevoir a more fairy-ish moveset?
That would be pretty cool but I don't think it would work because Gardevoir doesn't have a tail.

Top Bottom