• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash World Forum's Smash4 Ideal Roster (Current topic: Super Mario)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
This is what I think might happen as far as an additional Mario character in Smash 4:

1. We don't get a new/returning Mario rep, leaving just Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser.

2. Doctor Mario returns and gets re-worked.

3. We get either Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Toad, or a surprise Mario rep we wouldn't really expect like E. Gadd.

EDIT: I know, E. Gadd would be a stretch but he does have a lot to work with if his play style is based on him using his inventions like the Poltergust, FLUDD, and Paint Brush.
We all know where you saw that idea lol.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Kirby 100%
Meta Knight 100%
Dedede 100%
Bandana Dee 10%
Fluff 5%
Yarn Kirby 5%

No shocker here! Okay, time to get to something interesting, POKERMAN.

Feel free to discuss before voting, if you want. This feels much less "group roster" and more just voting. I was hoping opinions could be swayed a bit, but eh. Wiichat's where that stuff will happen. also looking for a buddy to come over to the Wiichat thread. I want to not be the only knowledgeable one around there.

D

Deleted member

I have a very hard time seeing a situation that isn't Brawl + Mewtwo.

Pikachu is obvious.

Pokémon Trainer I don't see getting cut or replaced. He is an incredibly iconic part of the franchise and Red is the most well-known variation of the character. Plus going through the effort of replacing three characters with another three character is more work than I see Sakurai doing.

Jigglypuff would have been gone by now if he was going to be cut. The fact that he's been kept in 64, Melee and Brawl shows that Sakurai has enough interest in keeping her around and I do think that he'll be prioritized to where he comes back.

Mewtwo is the closest thing to a lock at the moment. Mewtwo is likely the most wanted character period (only Mega Man can dare to compete with Mewtwo in popularity), was planned for all three games and is being heavily promoted by the Pokémon Company. I don't see any reason why Mewtwo would be left out and at this rate, it's a matter of how Mewtwo will return.

Lucario I have a very hard time seeing going. He's also been heavily promoted as of late and has remained very popular along with having importance in the franchise thanks to being the definitive Gen 4 mascot. If anyone were to be cut, it'd be him, but I really don't see cuts happening to this franchise, especially with Sakurai planning seven, if not eight characters (transformation included).

The issue with other Pokémons is that it's simply unlikely that Sakurai would go for one nor do I see the Pokémon Company pushing for a newcomer (not counting Mewtwo's new form). Zoroark's heyday is gone, Genesect probably won't get in based off the movie alone and Victini really missed its chance. The only possibilities at the moment are Pichu and maybe Plusle & Minun (and that's only if they were planned, otherwise their chance are good as dead) and even with Pichu, I don't see him coming back unless DLC characters come back. It's a shame about Deoxys because it truly does deserve a spot in Smash.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pretty much what Super Smash Bros Fan said.

Brawl Pokerman + Mewtwo (with a Newtwo form).

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Pokemon is the worst topic lol. k well Pikachu and Jigglypuff are definately returning. theres no doubt in my mind about that. Pokemon Trainer has the potential to change but i doubt it cause thats a lot of work to do and wouldnt really b beneficial as the current trainer has arguably the most popular starters. Mewtwo seems like a lock for a return. as for any other possible new guys. well i'd like to think Zoroark still has a good chance, which comparatively to most other pkmn of his gen he does, but in the end Zoroark was never as well received as someone like Lucario was. i doubt Geesect is a real contender and its it's improbable to get an additional trainer since we really only need one. Lucario's possible return is really up in the air to me. i see no really good reason to drop him as he's still a very popular pokemon and the whole gen repping thing is BS. but i doubt he's a high priority character this time around. i think if he is cut it would be time constraints.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
This topic could get ugly, but it's not as bad as FE at this point though thanks to Movie 16.

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
PT Red (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
Lucario

D

Deleted member

This topic could get ugly, but it's not as bad as FE at this point though thanks to Movie 16.

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
PT Red (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
Lucario
I doubt it will. Really, most people are already agreeing to this situation and the Pokemon debate is very likely resolved.

I don't see my mind swaying so if it wasn't obvious:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer (Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle)
Mewtwo
Lucario

As for interesting debates, the ones I'm looking forward to are Star Fox, F-zero, Fire Emblem, Misc. series, retro and especially third-parties (which ironically enough has the most candidates).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, I'll vote for: Pikachu, Pokémon Trainer (with Charizard, Squirtle and Ivysaur), Lucario, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo

I only expect Mewtwo's return, actually.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
...except Dedede still wasn't playable. And as far as we know Ganon (or Ganondorf) was never planned for Smash 64. He only made it into Melee because he was similar to Captain Falcon (model-wise). It was Bowser, Dedede, and Mewtwo that were confirmed to be planned for 64.
Wait...so Ganondorf wasent requested/supported to be in Melee none or a little bit?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes he was! He was madly supported, one of the most requested characters, and definitely top pick from the Zelda franchise. He only wasn't planned at all for Smash 64.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't, we all just want Mewtwo. And Lucario is still more iconic than everything the 5th gen brought.

If my old vote wasn't quite clear, I was basically saying : I agree with what the rest is saying.

So my choices being:

:pikachu2: :jigglypuff: :pt: (:charizard: :ivysaur: :squirtle: ) :lucario: :mewtwomelee:

volbound1700

Smash Master
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Pokemon Trainer (Charizard, Squirtle, Ivysaur)

DLC later:

Deoxys (sp)
Pichu

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I can't wait to move on to the next topic. :awesome:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer (no changes) and Mewtwo (with awakened form).

I'm not sure for either Lucario and Zoroark to be honest.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What about a Zoroark that IMPERSONATES a Lucario with it's ability?

Genius I know, I know. :cool:

Also I really don't see Pokémon Trainer leaving if that last picture Sakurai tweeted gave any sort of indication. If they'd make Charizard a standalone character that'd also be more than awesome in fact...

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
What about a Zoroark that IMPERSONATES a Lucario with it's ability?

Genius I know, I know. :cool:

Also I really don't see Pokémon Trainer leaving if that last picture Sakurai tweeted gave any sort of indication. If they'd make Charizard a standalone character that'd also be more than awesome in fact...
tfw your most wanted newcomer is impersonated by Zoroark for the E3 trailer.

> Ridley swoops in to the join the fight
> Doesn't show his name
> Transforms into Zoroark, name included

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh God that would suck elephant sized testicals.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I just thought of another scenario. Ridley swoops in but suddenly gets blasted by ice and freezes. Suddenly you hear someone say "Remember Me?", Anthony Higgs' name gets shown but Ridley's doesn't.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
tfw your most wanted newcomer is impersonated by Zoroark for the E3 trailer.

> Ridley swoops in to the join the fight
> Doesn't show his name
> Transforms into Zoroark, name included
That would be the one of the biggest troll move's of Nintendo, ever! :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
@ Remembuh Me:

THAT, however, would make me do this

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Pretty much, I see:

Definitely getting in:
Pika
Jiggs
PT

Probably getting in:
Mewtwo
Lucario

May be playable:
Zoroark

I still think Zoroark has a chance, but I'm just not too sure on how much of a chance it is.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah but Mewtwo is ****ing Mewtwo, there ain't really no contest. Even after 30 gens he'd still be awesome.

Don't really expect Zoroark anymore though.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
How likely would Genesect's chances be for the next smash? I could see Lucario getting cut for a newer Pokemon rep to promote, even if they included Mewtwo AND Genesect for Smash 4 to promote the new movie they're in. I know there's no rule that states Lucario can't coexist with Mewtwo and Genesect or Zoroark but I don't see it likely to have all 4 of them playable in the next smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom