• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash World Forum's Smash4 Ideal Roster (Current topic: Super Mario)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
right meow it's just a prediction roster, not the ideal one.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Well in that case I would vote for Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser.

I think we will get another Mario newcomer. I'm just not sure which one they would go for though. I'm fine with any of them really.
This is pretty much my vote/thoughts in regard to Mario. It feels like a newcomer might happen, I just have no idea who it would be.

D

Deleted member

It's hard to really say on what is going to happen with a Mario rep. We could get no one, but we could also end up getting one rep, in which I would imagine Toad, Bowser Jr., Dr. Mario and Paper Mario being in competition. I doubt over-representation will be an issue here, considering we got five in Melee and were planned to have five in Brawl. Because of Mario previously having five reps before, there is a decent chance that Sakurai will add another one again.

The thing that keeps me from adding one is that there is no general consensus on who the rep should be. Factions have been divided into many sections and it'll be an endless war that may end up in us getting nothing. Again, anything could happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up being a lose-lose situation for most people. We'll see, though.

That being said, I do see Bowser Jr. emerging as the definite Mario newcomer candidate for Smash 5 if he fails to get into Smash 4, mainly because I feel as this is Toad, Dr. Mario and Paper Mario's last shot of getting in whereas I think Bowser Jr. can develop his role enough to where he stands out.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Paper Mario (WAY more relevant and unique than Doctor mario)

EDIT: I replaced "regular" with "Doctor"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hmmm...Well, these are definite:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

And I do think we will get a newcomer. It may be a bit of a risk, to say, but I feel the fifth slot will go to:
Toad

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Hmmm...Well, these are definite:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

And I do think we will get a newcomer. It may be a bit of a risk, to say, but I feel the fifth slot will go to:
Toad
So, are you voting for those four only? :)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Actually, I'll go ahead and vote for all five, if I can.

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Toad

EDIT: What SSBF said. :p

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I vote for
Mario
Ruigi
Peach
Bowser

I wish I could say Paper Mario, but I'm not feeling him. So yeah, the bolded are my votes.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Okay, sorry. Read that wrong :p

I wish I could predict Junior, but I can't, and won't.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Super Mario Franchise Representatives:
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Peach
  • Toad
  • Bowser
  • Bowser Jr.
Because Smash 4 may not simply tack on a fifth row to the Brawl roster, I don't think the Mario series would necessarily be subject to receiving only one new representative. Toad and Bowser Jr. are extremely popular characters that play very similar roles, carrying out the orders of both Peach and Bowser specifically. To take a leaf from ChronoBound's thread, Toad has displayed perfect attendance in Mario Kart and is playable in most Mario spin-off series, notably New Super Mario Bros. I could see Toad and Bowser Jr. taking on tech-based movesets, employing an array of devices reflecting the Toadstool and Koopa technological aesthetics.
The Mario series deserves the most representation: DK, Yoshi, and Wario series excluded. Mario and Luigi form a pair, Peach and Toad form a pair, and Bowser and Bowser Jr. form a pair.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Nice to see you here Spire. I'll add your votes in.

I will update the front with this info: In order for a character to get on the roster they must have 50% votes. That's half.

The voting for the Super Mario Franchise will end tonight at 9:00

We will be moving on to BOTH the Yoshi and Wario franchise after this.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I would keep:
Wario
Yoshi

But since there is a new Yoshi game coming out soon, I would add Kamek, but if I combined that with the addition of Toad, Bowser Jr., K. Rool, Dixie Kong, That would be pretty much be overload.

No new addition, I think Wario and his moveset basically describes Warioware as whole.

But still no newcomers:
Just
Wario
Yoshi

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Great idea for a thread Shortie.

I just think that it might be better to make the thread title something more like:
"SWF community prediction Roster: Currently accepting Mario Series votes!".
People are not going to read the first post each time so this is the best way to keep it on topic.
Also makes it more clear that it's a prediction roster since most people will come on here blurting out what they want without reading the first post properly.

As far as my prediction goes:
Mario, Luigi, Peach and Boswer to return ofcourse.

Also, I have reason to think Toad has the best chance for a new Mario rep.
But I wouldn't go so far as to say I'd put him in my overall prediction list since I think we will have a smaller amount of newcomers this time.
Take that as a half vote for Toad.

Pity to have to have started on such a weak series in terms of newcomers like the Mario series though.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Nice to see you here Spire. I'll add your votes in.

I will update the front with this info: In order for a character to get on the roster they must have 50% votes. That's half.

The voting for the Super Mario Franchise will end tonight at 9:00

We will be moving on to BOTH the Yoshi and Wario franchise after this.
its already 10:30 pm here. can you be more specific on the time zones?

Blazeth

Smash Apprentice
As, much as I'd love to say I think Paper Mario will be the new rep, it will more than likely be Toad.

So, Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, and Toad.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Keep Brawl's Mario roster and add Jr.

Yoshi and Wario are fine how they are. I can't see anyone new getting in from those series.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Okay dokay. The results are in after 17 votes. (Yay keep it up!)

Each character was voted on this much of the time.
Mario: 100%
Luigi: 100%
Peach: 100%
Bowser: 100%
Bowser Junior: 23.5%
Toad: 20.5%
Doctor Mario: 5%
Paper Mario: 5%

The bolded are the characters who made it on. We're now moving on to the Yoshi, and Wario franchises.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yoshi
Wario

That's pretty much it!

Other characters would be great, but I can't see it happening.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yeah I agree. I would love to say I BET MONA WILL BE IN SMASH, but I wouldn't ever bet that.

Toise might though.

D

Deleted member

Yoshi
Wario

Are my votes.

I honestly don't see us getting a Yoshi character. Sure there's two new games coming up, but I doubt recentness is even considered in any form with non-recurring franchise when it comes to characters. Most people just want Yoshi and that's it and I would be highly against a second rep.

Wario does have a slight chance, if only because Mona is pretty much the most important viable character, but I don't see Sakurai being interested here either.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yoshi and Wario for me too.

Like with the Mario cast. We could get another WarioWare character. I'm just not sure which one they would go for. Mona and Jimmy T are more importand but Ashley seems to be really popular. Not to mention that they don't feel very likely. So I guess I'll play it safe and just say Wario and Yoshi for their respective series.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I predict Mario, Luigi, Bowser and Peach. I left out a Mario newcomer because it's far too uncertain at this point.

Also, Wario and Yoshi only.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Shorts can I still vote for the Mario series? If so;

My choices:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Toad
Paper Mario
Dr.Mario can go suck himself. :secretkpop:

For Wario and Yoshi, keep it at Wario and Yoshi...

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
Nobody believing the 'Debu' rumour for Yoshi then ;)? It is just a silly rumour I know, but since Kamek or the babies don't seem to fit the bill, I could easily see Sakurai plucking a character from one of the two upcoming Yoshi games so that the series can finally have a second rep. As for Wario, Ashley has immense popularity in Japan, but I don't think that'll be enough for her.

I'll play safe and vote:

Yoshi
Wario

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Nobody believing the 'Debu' rumour for Yoshi then ;)? It is just a silly rumour I know, but since Kamek or the babies don't seem to fit the bill, I could easily see Sakurai plucking a character from one of the two upcoming Yoshi games so that the series can finally have a second rep. As for Wario, Ashley has immense popularity in Japan, but I don't think that'll be enough for her.

I'll play safe and vote:

Yoshi
Wario
But we don't know if this new character has the personality and abilities to make it into roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom