• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash World Forum's Smash4 Ideal Roster (Current topic: Super Mario)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
But we don't know if this new character has the personality and abilities to make it into roster.
Indeed, I thought the same thing myself which is why I didn't vote for Debu. We know nothing about he/she/it or if they will even be in Yarn Yoshi (the Yoshi series isn't exactly known for introducing brand new characters) so it's impossible to actually predict them, despite a new character from an upcoming Yoshi game being feasible.

volbound1700

Smash Master
My prediction for Mario/DK/Yoshi/Wario collection:

Mario with Dr. Mario Alternate costume
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr

Yoshi

Wario
Waluigi

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K Rool
Dixie Kong/Kiddy Kong

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I'm gonna be that guy and vote for Captain Syrup to go along with Wario.Yoshi will be my Yoshi pick.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
See my problem with having Waluigi as a Wario Ware character is that it wouldn't make sense, as he has never appeared in a Wario Ware title. But that is probably just me.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Waluigi if he counts as Wario. Otherwise Yoshi and Wario.
Yeah he's Mario for the most part. So, when we talk Wario think WarioWare or Land stuff.

And, nope, no one believes the Debu rumor :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Poor Toad.

Yoshi
Wario
All that really needs to be said here.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Will we be moving on to Donkey Kong soon?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Okay so,

Wario: 100%
Yoshi: 100%
Captain Syrup: 06%

We have now moved on to Donkey Kong.

D

Deleted member

Vote for:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K.Rool

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
K. Rool

K. Rool is a good bet due to his popularity and significance. The ship has probably sailed for Dixie since it looks like her intended inclusion in Brawl was as a partner for Diddy rather than as a standalone character, I can't see Sakurai changing the moveset of a very popular character to include her.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Guys, maybe Dixie was too much for the DKC series at the time of Brawl for now. I think Sakurai would want to keep it at 35 as minimum during Brawl. The DKC series needs Dixie Kong and King K. Rool.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The lack of faith in Dixie is astounding.

I'm going for Donkey, Diddy, Dixie, and K. Rool. I find it hard to place K. Rool over Dixie when she was planned for Brawl and he wasn't. Regardless of Sakurai's original intentions for her.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Let's just use Tri's roster as our group roster and be done with it. :smirk:

Seriously though, for DK:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

D

Deleted member

Dixie Kong is a lot more likely than many people think; one of the most underrated candidates for the games.

Like Shortie said, Dixie's main advantage is that she was planned for Brawl, which shows that Sakurai has shown interest in her inclusion already. The reason why she was dropped from the Diddy Kong team was because of complications surrounding the duo, not because Sakurai felt she was unworthy of a spot. While Diddy Kong will forever remain solo, it doesn't mean that Dixie missed her chance as she can be implemented as her own character.

She also has the advantage of being a popular choice in Japan. Dixie gets brought up regularly there and Sakurai will notice the demand for her there. Her fan base will also receive a large boost if King K. Rool is confirmed to be in the game.

While King K. Rool is still the more likely newcomer, a character that has been planned for Brawl and enjoys popularity is not an unlikely addition. I think if any franchise receive a double addition, it will be Donkey Kong.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Pretty much my thoughts exactly, although I would go as far to say between the two there isn't one who's "more likely" than the other. Sure, K. Rool definitely has the fan popularity, but Dixie has Sakurai's interest, and which is more important to being included?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah King Dedede, Bowser, and I think Ganon were originally gonna be in the first Smash Bros, but then they appeared in Melee.
...except Dedede still wasn't playable. And as far as we know Ganon (or Ganondorf) was never planned for Smash 64. He only made it into Melee because he was similar to Captain Falcon (model-wise). It was Bowser, Dedede, and Mewtwo that were confirmed to be planned for 64.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I love the DK series. That being said...
Just DK, Diddy, and K.Rool. I don't think Smash needs any other DK characters after that.

Throw on a bunch of other DK characters in as alternate costumes. I would love to play as Funky Kong or Chunky, but I'm more than okay with them being alts of DK. While a lot of people would be annoyed with Dixie as a Diddy alternate costume, I personally would be fine with it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Lanky Kong

We need Dixie AND Lanky. Step your game up.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
> Not wanting Lanky

Everyone wants Lanky.

In the old days when SWF didn't have custom avatars, we got a Lanky avatar before a Diddy one.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
Dixie/Kiddy Kong (or perhaps team her up with Tiny or Lanky, someone she hasn't been with before).

The roster is unrealistic without Dixie Kong, just only add 2 characters (Dixie and K. Rool) and theres 10 Mario chars total)
Mario is the face of Nintendo and even Mario Spinoffs sell far more games then most other main series for other Nintendo franchises. I say Mario series can never have enough representation.

The most recent Mario Kart Wii likely sold twice as much as all the Golden Sun titles combined for example.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Mario is the face of Nintendo and even Mario Spinoffs sell far more games then most other main series for other Nintendo franchises. I say Mario series can never have enough representation.

The most recent Mario Kart Wii likely sold twice as much as all the Golden Sun titles combined for example.
More than half of the roster comprised by Mario characters, then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom