• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Workshop Generic Q&A and FAQ (Don't Make a New Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toon Sonic 378

Smash Rookie
Heres The SSB64 Code
SSB64 CSS [spunit262]
0468310C 48000064
C2683170 00000008
387E006C 3B600000
3C808068 38840DE0
7CBB20AE 7CA50775
41800020 2C050029
40A10008 38A00029
94A30004 3B7B0001
2C1B002A 4180FFDC
7FC3F378 00000000
02680DE0 0022FFFF
06680DE0 0000000C
09000102 030A0B05
06070823 00000000

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
So I downloaded the CUPASH thing however I can't find this file that it's telling me to extract

PARTITION 2/system/common5_en.pac

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Is it possible to replace the Final Cutter shockwave with a star, like what DDD has?

EDIT: Also, is there a code that always makes Kirby have a certain power?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Whoah, lot of questions. Fortunately, all are not that hard to answer.

what is the path for texture hacks for the pokemon?
The Pokemon are in the Partition 2/Items and their name is either the english or Japanese name for the, and they are in a folder of that name and then inside they have another name with Pkm[Pokemon Name]Brres.pac

So I downloaded the CUPASH thing however I can't find this file that it's telling me to extract

PARTITION 2/system/common5_en.pac
You need a Wii ISO and Wiiscrubber to find this, you'd understand if you had that. If you don't, use my PAC thread to download the system files.

Is there a code to control the game frame by frame so I can get frame rate data for King DDD?
Yes, it is called the pause debugger, and you can find it in the stickied Brawl+ Code Agenda. You press start to go into the mode, and Z to advance frame by frame. The C-stick doesn't work and X + Dpad (Up) is the new start, so it works well.

Is it possible to replace the Final Cutter shockwave with a star, like what DDD has?

EDIT: Also, is there a code that always makes Kirby have a certain power?
Final cutter?? And I don't know about the latter.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
You need a Wii ISO and Wiiscrubber to find this, you'd understand if you had that. If you don't, use my PAC thread to download the system files.
I don't get it it and I checked your PaC thread and I don't know what system file you're talking about.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I don't get it it and I checked your PaC thread and I don't know what system file you're talking about.
Find the link that says system files on it. And if you don't get it, then you might have an issue hacking because this is fairly common knowledge.

Here's a brief history you should know.

ISO files essentially images of a disc. You can extract them from a disc using different tools, but anyway, the result is the same. They can be 1 layered or 2 layered, and 1 layered is 4.37 gigs, and 2 layered is 7.9 gigs.

Anyway, they created Wiiscrubber which allows you to extract files from the image and edit them. The disc, however, has partitions, and Partition 0/1 is the update partition, and Partition 1/2 is the data partition, which has the useful game files. You can have other partitions but this is the basis.

So you need an image of the disc, Wii scrubber, or you need to download my system files folder. Ok.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Yeah your wrong. I played Kirby Air Ride (or whatever its called) at my friends house once a while back ;)

Oh and ok, it's hard to change animations however, you could likely find a code however.
The Final Cutter appears in Super Star, Ultra, The Amazing Mirror, and Squeak Squad. The first two its part of the Cutter Ability, and the latter two the Sword and Smash abilities.

I'm not looking to change the animation, but rather the shockwave. I want to turn it into either the stars that Dedede and Yoshi make or a Star Rod shot, preferably the former.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Find the link that says system files on it. And if you don't get it, then you might have an issue hacking because this is fairly common knowledge.

Here's a brief history you should know.

ISO files essentially images of a disc. You can extract them from a disc using different tools, but anyway, the result is the same. They can be 1 layered or 2 layered, and 1 layered is 4.37 gigs, and 2 layered is 7.9 gigs.

Anyway, they created Wiiscrubber which allows you to extract files from the image and edit them. The disc, however, has partitions, and Partition 0/1 is the update partition, and Partition 1/2 is the data partition, which has the useful game files. You can have other partitions but this is the basis.

So you need an image of the disc, Wii scrubber, or you need to download my system files folder. Ok.
I know the essentials about hacking/burning I had used IMG burner to burn my games. So what would downloading the system file do?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Did you read my other post?? I'm uploading around 41,000 files (or it might be 4,100 files, not sure). That can get anyone aggravated.
I understand and appreciate the hard work that you're doing but taking your frustration out on me because I don't understand some minor things isn't right.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
If I use the music swap program and use an unused song and it DOESN'T crash will the song play? and if so how are they?

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
The Pokemon are in the Partition 2/Items and their name is either the english or Japanese name for the, and they are in a folder of that name and then inside they have another name with Pkm[Pokemon Name]Brres.pac
I appreciate the help illinialex, but i'm still really confused. is in the same path as the fighters or something else. i'm saying is it in private/wii/apps/RSBE/pf/? or is it in some other path

codfish92

Smash Ace
The Final Cutter appears in Super Star, Ultra, The Amazing Mirror, and Squeak Squad. The first two its part of the Cutter Ability, and the latter two the Sword and Smash abilities.

I'm not looking to change the animation, but rather the shockwave. I want to turn it into either the stars that Dedede and Yoshi make or a Star Rod shot, preferably the former.
i know theres an item switcher code, but there is no item id for the final cutter shock wave or the yoshi ddd stars but here's the code

4A000000 8098D528
D2000000 00000003
2C0600XX 40820008
38C000YY 60000000
90DD08C0 00000000

you would make xx the final cutter shockwave and yy the projectile or item you would want it to shoot out. but like i said, i have found no item id for the final cutter shockwave or the yoshi ddd stars.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
i know theres an item switcher code, but there is no item id for the final cutter shock wave or the yoshi ddd stars but here's the code

4A000000 8098D528
D2000000 00000003
2C0600XX 40820008
38C000YY 60000000
90DD08C0 00000000

you would make xx the final cutter shockwave and yy the projectile or item you would want it to shoot out. but like i said, i have found no item id for the final cutter shockwave or the yoshi ddd stars.
I saw that. I'm hoping someone has the id. If not, then oh well. I can go without.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
If I use the music swap program and use an unused song and it DOESN'T crash will the song play? and if so how are they?
Quoting myself, it's awesome isn't it.
To make this not spam: Why is it that when I download new textures only some have the .pac file? is it difficult to upload them? because having them in 1p mode would be kinda nice.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Quoting myself, it's awesome isn't it.
To make this not spam: Why is it that when I download new textures only some have the .pac file? is it difficult to upload them? because having them in 1p mode would be kinda nice.
Don't understand your first question, sorry.

It just takes longer lol, you can always make them by dragging the .pcs into lz77ex.exe and then renaming the .pcs.out to .pac

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Don't understand your first question, sorry.

It just takes longer lol, you can always make them by dragging the .pcs into lz77ex.exe and then renaming the .pcs.out to .pac
If I use the music switcher program on my pc and use one of the unused songs and it doesn't crash (as it says it MAY crash my wii) will the song play?

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Can someone link me to the Marth texture that includes the Melee sword swipe, where the entire blade is shown during a swing, not just the tip of the arc?

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
If I use the music switcher program on my pc and use one of the unused songs and it doesn't crash (as it says it MAY crash my wii) will the song play?
quoted again!
Another question:why is it so difficult to input your own songs? Because I was thinking it'd work kinda like textures.

codfish92

Smash Ace
quoted again!
Another question:why is it so difficult to input your own songs? Because I was thinking it'd work kinda like textures.
as far as i know it is possible, but only through ISO hacking. so unless you really know what your doing, we will just have to wait till some hacking god like Spundit or phantom wings(thats not all of them just the ones i know off the top of my head) makes it possible to change them through the SD card and codes

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Can someone link me to the Marth texture that includes the Melee sword swipe, where the entire blade is shown during a swing, not just the tip of the arc?
You need FitMarth.pac and FitMarthMotionEtc.pac, you need both. They are complicated to edit, Vile made a guide on how to do so, ask him if you have questions (I personally don't know where the guide is sorry). Anyway, they both are in Fighter/Marth, and both are in my Many Brawl Files thread.

anyone have open the file dat of roy?
You mean the .dat file of roy??

as far as i know it is possible, but only through ISO hacking. so unless you really know what your doing, we will just have to wait till some hacking god like Spundit or phantom wings(thats not all of them just the ones i know off the top of my head) makes it possible to change them through the SD card and codes
whats the code to make jumping and landing lag almost 0. i don't want to change the speed of the attack in the air or on the ground, just the lag if you don't auto cancel and when you jump
Give me a sec....

quoted again!
Notice the creator of the program, IE, UTD Zac. Now maybe if there was someone on SWF who maybe knew something about it...... like maybe..... UTD Zac.

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
quoted again!
It's not really difficult, as far as working with an ISO goes it's the same process as textures. It just currently is impossible for the File Replacement Code since music is streamed and not loaded.
With PW on break and spunit gone I doubt it'll ever get finished, though.

anyone have open the file dat of roy?
Yeah I did. But there's not much in there. If you open it with a hex editor you get two lines of code. I compared his 000.dat to other characters 000.dat's and the first two lines are the same for everyone. They're probably just pointers.

The so called forbidden seven's files are technically all empty, no textures no real code, just those two lines.

Landry

Smash Ace
Didn't see this. Reposting:

Ever since I backed up my Wii with Bootmii whenever I go to launch B+ from Gecko it tells me I have to many lines of code and that only 424 are allowed. I didn't change the code set or anything, just backed up my data. Does anyone know what's wrong?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Didn't see this. Reposting:

Ever since I backed up my Wii with Bootmii whenever I go to launch B+ from Gecko it tells me I have to many lines of code and that only 424 are allowed. I didn't change the code set or anything, just backed up my data. Does anyone know what's wrong?
Interesting, what version of GeckOS are you using, did your gameconfig.txt possibly get deleted and any other relevant information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom