• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Workshop Generic Q&A and FAQ (Don't Make a New Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic24

Smash Apprentice
ok what am i doing wrong? there is a screen that appears and it says stack and code dump and how can i fix it?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
ok what am i doing wrong? there is a screen that appears and it says stack and code dump and how can i fix it?
Explain what you were doing before hand, any codes or programs you were trying to use.

As for the replay thing, I think the default unlimited pause thing works in replays but I don't know, you jsut have to pause it first.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
I feel so noobish... I can't find the Aps section of my SD Card.
On the root section of your SD card (Meaning outside of any folders) you should have a folder literally called apps. That's the apps section of your card. And if you don't, make it now haha. Dump all your apps into that folder (All of them inside their own folders) and your homebrew should read them easily.

Cytrs

Smash Apprentice
i heard one of my mains, yoshi, is the most inaccessible character in the game.

is this true/ who else are inaccessible?

edit: id think oli or wario. or maybe jiggs. or the psy kids.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
On the root section of your SD card (Meaning outside of any folders) you should have a folder literally called apps. That's the apps section of your card. And if you don't, make it now haha. Dump all your apps into that folder (All of them inside their own folders) and your homebrew should read them easily.
I have a folder called Documents, would that be it?

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Notice the "you should have a folder literally called apps." part? Reading comprehension ftw. From now on you might want to think after reading and before posting.
: <

Anyways, I made the Apps folder and it worked. THanks~ Last question is; how do I input the codes?

Thanks for helping a newb out.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
: <

Anyways, I made the Apps folder and it worked. THanks~ Last question is; how do I input the codes?

Thanks for helping a newb out.
You don't input anything if your .gct is already made. You put that into the codes folder on the root of your SD card, then load up gecko and tell it to launch game. It'll read the .gct and apply them to your game.

Revven

FrankerZ
I actually have a question. Can regular Ocarina read Snapshot hack codes??
Should be able to but, someone would have to try it. Some codes don't actually work for the old Ocarina so... I wouldn't be surprised if those codes didn't work. Actually, I don't think they would because Ocarina disables the SD Card... so the snapshot codes would be useless on Ocarina. But, you can TRY to load them but, you won't get anywhere unless you copied the snapshot directly to the Wii beforehand (as the SD Card is disabled during any game with Ocarina).

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Should be able to but, someone would have to try it. Some codes don't actually work for the old Ocarina so... I wouldn't be surprised if those codes didn't work. Actually, I don't think they would because Ocarina disables the SD Card... so the snapshot codes would be useless on Ocarina. But, you can TRY to load them but, you won't get anywhere unless you copied the snapshot directly to the Wii beforehand (as the SD Card is disabled during any game with Ocarina).
Oh thats actually not a bad idea because I'm trying to find a way to get Brawl+ to load using only a USBLoader and the best they have is Ocarina. Still kinda need the snapshot hack codes, those kinda were lost in the guide. Anyone got a .gct for the loader??

Revven

FrankerZ
Oh thats actually not a bad idea because I'm trying to find a way to get Brawl+ to load using only a USBLoader and the best they have is Ocarina. Still kinda need the snapshot hack codes, those kinda were lost in the guide. Anyone got a .gct for the loader??
The codes are in the Code Agenda stickied at the top, just search "snapshot" and you are likely to find them. Also, some USB Loaders use the Gecko OS 1.07b Ocarina so, likely you won't have to worry about the SD Card being disabled. I can tell you that the codes will work as I also use the USB Loader.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
The codes are in the Code Agenda stickied at the top, just search "snapshot" and you are likely to find them. Also, some USB Loaders use the Gecko OS 1.07b Ocarina so, likely you won't have to worry about the SD Card being disabled. I can tell you that the codes will work as I also use the USB Loader.
Does the Ultimate USBLoader use that, or does the forwarder Yaultct (using 1.0 atm, but does 1.2 or so) have 1.07b?

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
Does the Ultimate USBLoader use that, or does the forwarder Yaultct (using 1.0 atm, but does 1.2 or so) have 1.07b?
I believe it does use that. Though I really only use USB Loader GX (which works perfectly for it)
I made a few game channels using Yaultct with Ocarina turned on, and with Brawl, the snapshot codes work through that too.

EDIT: [removed since I feel it would work better in the code requests topic]

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
A good couple of questions:

1. First and foremost, my stage animations such as the catapult on pirate ship and moving platforms on yoshis story have starting moving at an extremely slow rate ever since I got texture hacks for the stages. Is this because I have too many texture hacks? I have about 10 different stage hacks and many many many character hacks. If it is not, what could be a possible explanation? (Characters move at the same rate.)

2. At the same time that I added more texture hacks, I put the codes for infinite replay, and gamer tags in replay on. After I put them on the game slowed as I described above, and neither code is working on my wii. Explanation? Do you add the code the same way you do to use texture hacks using codemanager.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
A good couple of questions:

1. First and foremost, my stage animations such as the catapult on pirate ship and moving platforms on yoshis story have starting moving at an extremely slow rate ever since I got texture hacks for the stages. Is this because I have too many texture hacks? I have about 10 different stage hacks and many many many character hacks. If it is not, what could be a possible explanation? (Characters move at the same rate.)

2. At the same time that I added more texture hacks, I put the codes for infinite replay, and gamer tags in replay on. After I put them on the game slowed as I described above, and neither code is working on my wii. Explanation? Do you add the code the same way you do to use texture hacks using codemanager.
1. That isn't normal, chances are its glitched unless your using a very old code.

2. It should work if your using 2.1a

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Crap, I'm not sure what I'm using. OH, my other question, how do I make sure that portraits are showing up in the character select screen, and how difficult is it to make portraits for characters. Nearly none of mine came with them.

EDIT: MORE! I'm currently trying to add effects to some characters attacks. I just downloaded some from Kitty Corp. and the files came in titled stuff like 'fitmetaknight.pac' and 'fitmetaknightmotionetc.pac' Do I need to edit these titles in any way for them to work? Do they work for all costumes? And do I simply place these files in the same folder as the other costume stuff?

Dedededepower

Smash Rookie
STGDXCORNEIA:pAC+STGPICTCHAT.PAC freeze Problem

Hello everybody I´m very new here.
I have a real problem I hope U can help me please =(

This is my problem

I play with Smash Bros Brawl Orginal PAL and hacked code from Phantom. Anyway I have Firmware 4.0.

After I choose my character and select the Corneria stage or Pictochat stage and its loading
the wii freezes and I hear a terrible noise. I try to use other textures for those stages but I have the same problem it always freezes.

I have no idea what I can do.
I tried so much but it wasn´t successful.
I hope u can help me to fix this problem so I can play on this great stages.

I think u know this problem please help me out.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
I keep trying to add brawl+ to my wii but it continues to say that I have too many lines of code. I have gecko 1.9, and have downloaded the .gct from the website provided for the game. I don't have any other codes activated AT ALL (they screwed with the game for no reason....) and still cannot put brawl+. Can someone help me? I followed the directions provided and its not working.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I keep trying to add brawl+ to my wii but it continues to say that I have too many lines of code. I have gecko 1.9, and have downloaded the .gct from the website provided for the game. I don't have any other codes activated AT ALL (they screwed with the game for no reason....) and still cannot put brawl+. Can someone help me? I followed the directions provided and its not working.
You need 1.9.0.1 or later and so you can use 8000 lines of code.

jokey665

Smash Ace
You need 1.9.0.1 or later and so you can use 8000 lines of code.
While we're on this subject, how many lines of code can you use with USB loaders? I finally just set myself up with one but haven't really used it much yet so I don't know the limitations of it. Can you run B+ on them just fine, or do you need to use snapshots or double gct or something?

highfive

Smash Lord
Just a dumb question; is it possible to hack and replace trophies? Like putting Dr.Mario's Trophy instead of I dunno, Pitfall?

Sph34r

Smash Journeyman
just got a csp where do I put it and does it have to be renamed?
There's actually a guide by meowmix about CSP's. Google "cupash ultimate CSP guide" .

I never bothered with snapshots before, are they easy to figure out/use?
http://www.smashbrawl.com/showthread.php?t=226649 Here's a tutorial. It's pretty easy in my opinion.

which is the latest version Gecko os 1.9.1 or 1.9.0.1
The former. You can see a changelog/download here: http://wiird.l0nk.org/forum/index.php/topic,3228.0.html

Player-4

See you in 25 years
what is the name of the "stage" folder for stage hacks? and where does it go? just like the characters are in the "pf" folder then they're in the "fighter" folder. i just need to know what and where the stage folder goes and what to name it. thanks :)

jokey665

Smash Ace
what is the name of the "stage" folder for stage hacks? and where does it go? just like the characters are in the "pf" folder then they're in the "fighter" folder. i just need to know what and where the stage folder goes and what to name it. thanks :)
private>wii>app>RSBE>pf>stage>melee

from the first post of the texture sticky

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
thx, but do you know in regardes to the snapshot method if you can have mulitple snapshots with codes on them and then load that code set by viewing the corresponding snapshot. so far i think you can only do one, but i'm very new to this
You can multiple but you have to know which is which. I recommend using all 0's except for the final digit and make .bin snapshots either before or after the code of real pictures that essentially explains the code.

Like a snapshot could be:

Brawl+ 4.0 Offline

Then you have the code.

So the first one:

al_000000_0000.bin

Thats the Brawl+ 4.0 Offline one

Then you have a snapshot picture edited back to .bin of:

al_000000_0001.bin

This way you can tell which is which.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom