• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - May 13th

TheLegendOfVenusaur

Smash Apprentice
I think they could of done so much with his down b. Some I thought he'd maybe get are will-o-wisp, fire spin (both would act like placing Zelda's side b in project m.)

roost would be a small heal that heals half as much as flare blitz's recoil but you lose the ability to do charizard's extra jumps for a short time

Smoke screen would act like a short smoke bomb from brawl, obscuring a small area in front of charizard.

Using Dragon tail, charizard would swing his tail around him with little damage but great knockback.

Using sky drop, charizard would grab the opponent, fly up and slam them down similar to his seismic toss throw in project m. In the air, charizard would fly straight down.

Dragon breath would be a slow, long projectile attack using blue flames

Flame burst would be a quick, short projectile using bright red/yellow/orange flame.

These are my ideas, what about yours?

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I don't get why ppl think pulling a rock out of nowhere is awkward.
Kirby pulls a hammer out of nowhere and a sword
Link pulls a bow out of nowhere
Mario pulls fluff out of nowhere
Game and watch pulls buckets trampolines frying pans parachutes hammers turtles fish bowls credit cards keys and who knows what else out of nowhere
Snake pulls a box mortar org and middle launcher out of know where
Sonic pulls a spring out of nowhere
See pulls waddle dees doos and Gordon out of nowhere
OMG villager pulls umbrellas sticks bowling balls sling shots turnips fire works shovels gyroid and nets out nowhere
What's the big deal?

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Not sure how I feel about Rock Smash returning. It was pretty much the only move I used on Charizard, but that's exactly the reason I stopped playing him. It was boring.

Honestly, I'll be completely cool with it if the boulder is on fire.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
kinda dissapointed that mega stone is his final smash but i guess it isent to bad

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Aww. I was preferring that Charizard X was an alternate costume, with Charizard Y on the 3DS.
Oh well.

At least we still have Shiny Charizard.

BladeOFLucas

Smash Journeyman
Can't wait to play him and find out the merits, locations, etc. of his sweet and sour spots. Looks like a good move.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
rock smash was charizard's best special I don't understand all the hate.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
You wanted Mega Charizard X as an alt? wat?
That would have been so underwhelming, whatever you are smoking stop it.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero

Flare Blitz is also not really associated as Charizard's disappointing Atk stat renders it as eh.
A lot of pokemon would pay money for a base 130 or even 104 ATK.

Also, the number one most used moveset zard overall in the current metagame is the following:

# 1 - 10.03 % (4792 battles)
Charizard @ Charizardite X Lv. 100 -- Blaze (92.2 %) / Solar Power (7.8 %)
Nature: Adamant - EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd (23.4 %)
  • Earthquake
  • Dragon Claw
  • Dragon Dance
  • Flare Blitz

If you're going to bring up "disapointing attack," I would agree that a normal base 86 is not great, but would also contend that any child not even knowing anything about the intricacies of the game is going to want to slap a move that has 120 power onto their cool dwagon. It also happens to be the LAST move Charizard naturally learns, a full 6 levels after its previous move. It's pretty iconic for a flaming dragon to use a flaming tackle. Rock smash, however, could very easily be replaced with a tweeked variant of his old fire sneeze fair as Heat Wave.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Not sure how I feel about Rock Smash returning. It was pretty much the only move I used on Charizard, but that's exactly the reason I stopped playing him. It was boring.

Honestly, I'll be completely cool with it if the boulder is on fire.
Well, Charizard's Pokedex entry did say his flames are hot enough to melt boulders, so Rock Smash being on fire could happen.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Rock smash is a horrible way to represent Charizard and is super uniconic as far as he goes. That said, it was a great move in Brawl and I expect that in this game as well.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
A lot of pokemon would pay money for a base 130 or even 104 ATK.
He's probably referring to NORMAL Charizard, which(while I like the Pokemon itself) should NEVER be used in OU.
Anyways, Mega Charizard X being a Final Smash is exactly what I predicted, but still, **** YES! I'm so-so about Rock Smash, but I like that Flare Blitz is faithful to the RPG games. Now, if it can be combo-ed into....

On that note, this means Up Special is the only Zard special we don't know about. Maybe his Down Special from Project M? Maybe asking for too much. :laugh:

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
He's probably referring to NORMAL Charizard, which(while I like the Pokemon itself) should NEVER be used in OU.
Anyways, Mega Charizard X being a Final Smash is exactly what I predicted, but still, **** YES! I'm so-so about Rock Smash, but I like that Flare Blitz is faithful to the RPG games. Now, if it can be combo-ed into....

On that note, this means Up Special is the only Zard special we don't know about. Maybe his Down Special from Project M? Maybe asking for too much. :laugh:
I did edit a bit after that in, but I'll rephase it too -- Even ignoring his attack-focused mega evolution (Which it seems to very clearly have in this iteration of smash), it's still very much iconic for it to have one of the strongest fire attacks in the game, and one which no doubt many children are excited to teach it when given the opportunity. I'd not be surprised if the most common moveset for a child's Charizard is Fly, Fire Blast, Flame Thrower, and Flare Blitz.

Last edited:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me, or will rock smash be awkward to use as a down b?
hopefully, idk myself, but ima guess dat rock smash could use some sort of defensive/offensive mechanic like Zelda down special move.

I wonder what his Up special move will be?
if It were to be "Fly" ? but that would look like him just jumping.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Not the biggest fan of recoil damage. Hopefully either it does more than enough damage to make up for that fault. If not then hopefully there will be a custom variation of the move that will alleviate that issue.
Well Charizard is very heavy, has great recovery, and great air game. So the recoil won't really be an issue. Assuming the move is even worth using. If recoil damaging moves were added to someone like Zelda or Jigglypuff, then it'd be an awful idea right from the start.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I don't see the problem with rock smash. I think people are having more trouble with it being logical.

Argument
Where does he get a giant rock?
Response
Where does link keep those bombs, or mario get his water for the flood?

Argument
He can learn the move in pkm, but why would you teach it to him?
Response
It's always good to have an off type move incase you get into a tight spot. Also this charizard was trained up for this contest, so the trainer made sure it was ready for anything ;)
again... Ignore the logic of getting the rock outta nowhere... Just know that there is no trainer involved with charizard so its a wild one. That means he must know natural attacks... And rock smash isn't one of them.... I personally love the Charizard from PM. Its how charizard should had been in the first place. More fire stuff.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Well Charizard is very heavy, has great recovery, and great air game. So the recoil won't really be an issue. Assuming the move is even worth using. If recoil damaging moves were added to someone like Zelda or Jigglypuff, then it'd be an awful idea right from the start.
Besides which, a move with recoil damage is better than a move that doesn't exist. At worst, you can just not use the move, just as you did when it wasn't available.

DarkDream

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me or are they just taking more and more stuff from Project M?

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
All the talk about Flare Blitz, but did anyone catch how they confirmed Megazard X is a Final Smash and not some other form change? This also means Mega Lucario is itself a FS, and brings up some interesting possibilities.

So as far as we know, the only buff Lucario gains from going into mega form is that it maxes his aura boost regardless of how much damage he's taken, right? It sounds really underwhelming for a FS, right? Especially compared to Giga Bowser or Wario-Man or what we've seen of the Three Sacred Treasures!

But...I'm willing to bet that unlike other transformation-based FSes, Lucario's and Charizard's will imitate their games and be less powerful overall, but last until they get knocked out. Maybe Megazard X gets a version of Tough Claws and has all of his contact moves hit 30% harder, while his fire-based moves gain bigger hitboxes...

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
If they're bringing back rock smash I hope they at least increase the range.

As for Flare Blitz that's actually really cool that they through in the recoil damage because first off it's not something you'd think they'd add and second, the fact that you take damage from attacking others with it alone is atestimate to how powerful this attack will be.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
again... Ignore the logic of getting the rock outta nowhere... Just know that there is no trainer involved with charizard so its a wild one. That means he must know natural attacks... And rock smash isn't one of them.... I personally love the Charizard from PM. Its how charizard should had been in the first place. More fire stuff.
Its literally impossible that a trainer is not involved. to mega evolve you have to have a trainer bond. (and a really close one at that)

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
It's always good to have an off type move incase you get into a tight spot. Also this charizard was trained up for this contest, so the trainer made sure it was ready for anything ;)
In that case maybe he should've taught it Cut instead, to deal with the Villager's trees blocking the way lol.

Was this posted in the wrong place? This pic has nothing to do with PM.
Maybe he means how Zard has a down-B now.

Trav11111

Smash Cadet
But if it's the same charizard just released into the wild then it would have the same moves.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Come to think of it, the change to RS would make it much harder to reverse. On the other hand, it would be interesting for his mixup game and recovery if there was a timing difference between glair and glide cancelled into fwd-B.

What does everyone think, should glides stay the same as Brawl?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

At first I thought it was Captain Falcon, but nope. Actually is Charizard.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
I really like this change. Flare Blitz works better than Rock Smash as a side special, imo.

Charizard Set: EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP.
Item: Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze / Tough Claws

- Fly (Flying STAB, also good for recovery)
- Flamethrower (Special Fire STAB, not sure why this is here)
- Flare Blitz (Main Fire Physical STAB, beware with recoil damage)
- Rock Smash (Fighting Coverage Move)
I'm guessing Flamethrower is for countering physical walls.

Top Bottom