• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - March 21st

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
I always enjoyed the trophies because it includes a whole bunch of characters that you wouldn't normally think to be included.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Seeing as how we have not seen an announcement in a month, I'm beginning to lose hop for any character reveals this month, but I will keep checking posts.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Maybe that's why it's a WiiU trophy, 'cause she's in both versions! Then again, why would he add her over Palutena or SHADOW? They're more wanted than her, and I didn't even know who this character is.
Because Palutena should be a playable character, therefore, Phosphora is the perfect choice for the Assist Trophy.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
MAN WARIO LOOKS GREAT IN THIS GAME I KNEW HE'D BE ANNOUNCED ON WARIOWARE'S ANNIVERSARY

Which is what I would say if that actually happened. I'm not disappointed though, I hate Wario and I really like this trophy. :D

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Amazing! posphora looks so great, man i'm gonna spend some time watching trophies.

And people, we will most likely get the same Kid Icarus trophies for both versions, since the only game released of that franchise in years was Uprising, unless they make some models of Kid Icarus from NES....

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
I think sakurai just honestly thought this trophy looked really cool.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
MAN WARIO LOOKS GREAT IN THIS GAME I KNEW HE'D BE ANNOUNCED ON WARIOWARE'S ANNIVERSARY

Which is what I would say if that actually happened. I'm not disappointed though, I hate Wario and I really like this trophy. :D
Um Ashley is an assist, he's guaranteed anyway
Amazing! posphora looks so great, man i'm gonna spend some time watching trophies.

And people, we will most likely get the same Kid Icarus trophies for both versions, since the only game released of that franchise in years was Uprising, unless they make some models of Kid Icarus from NES....
I think they could make a few based on the NES game but I don't think there will be enough

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Because sakurai never said that trophies on the Wiiu would SPECIFICALLY be from console games.
Why are the trophies in brawl from non-console nintendo titles?
Your first point is valid, but your reasoning isn't. There were trophies in Brawl from non-console games because there was no handheld version of Brawl.
No idea who this is, but deconfirmed! Beat everyone to it!
This deconfirms nothing.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So far, the Trophies have been 'Saria, Phosphora, and Big Mac'. Two cute Girls and one fat guy.

Come on, Sakurai, where are the pretty bishies?!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I can understand her being a Trophy, it makes sense. But I wanna know is why are they having a trophy of her on the Wii U version, when KI:Uprising was a 3DS game?
Meh. I don't really care.
All I know is that ORIGINAL MODEL TROPHIES CONFIRMED!

Great! Now we won't have the completely series-unbalanced trophies that we had in Brawl, where everyone trophy is either a model-rip or a character that is in the normal game.
That was lazy beyond belief!
This caused Zelda to have 47 trophies (because Twilight Princess and Wind Waker), and Earthbound to have 6 (The two playable characters and their final smashes, Jeff, and the Franklin Badge)

I'm just going to pray for more Earthbound and Retro Trophies.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Sakurai, you troll. I mean, I wasn't really expecting Phosphora to make the roster, but still, I bet he and his translators are laughing their asses off right now.

Something worth noting, though: she's confirmed as a trophy for the Wii U version despite only appearing in a 3DS game. A Miiverse post from a while back said that each game has different trophies, so does that mean they aren't limited to trophies from games on consoles or handhelds respectively...or is there a new Kid Icarus game in development?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I remember Sakurai specifically mentioning Captain Falcon in an interview when he was discussing game mechanics so clearly he hasn't forgotten him.

I just wish the same can be said for our favorite green dinosaur.
Yoshi was announced pretty late in Brawl's cycle. This is literally no different.

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Your first point is valid, but your reasoning isn't. There were trophies in Brawl from non-console games because there was no handheld version of Brawl.

This deconfirms nothing.
This deconfirms that they are a playable character.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Actually, Sakurai's comment deconfirms her, as he specifies she's just a trophy. She likely won't have a role as a stage hazard or assist trophy either. I don't think he would circlejerk things THAT much.

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
While I am 99.99% sure this character will not be in Smash 4, seeing her trophy deconfirms absolutely nothing.
She's not been put on the official website therefore, non-playable. It's the same way we know if a character is an assist trophy when sakurai doesn't officially state it.

Top Bottom