• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - March 21st

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. The most powerful commander of the Forces of Nature, Lightning Flash Phosphora!!"

…is a Trophy. The detail in her scarf is amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
Looks like she will be an ordinary trophy.
Still neat that she got included somehow.

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
No idea who this is, but deconfirmed! Beat everyone to it!

Last edited:

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
I can understand her being a Trophy, it makes sense. But I wanna know is why are they having a trophy of her on the Wii U version, when KI:Uprising was a 3DS game?

Jupo

Smash Cadet
Caption: The most powerful commander of the Forces of Nature, Lightning Flash Phosphora!!.

And it is a regular trophy confirmed by Sakurai

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
For the caption:

Pic of the day. The most powerful commander of the Forces of Nature, Lightning Flash Phosphora!!
Also, an additional comment and picture:

This was a much better choice for a Wii U trophy showcase than Captain Rainbow Little Mac.

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
So since she's from a 3DS game.. is she an assist trophy?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So...Palutena reveal on Monday, orrrrrr....

Because that would be a day after the North American release...

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I want that trophy on the 3ds too!

Btw, I'm thinking of using her as my Avi.

Last edited:

LipFlare

Smash Cadet
Nahaha^^

"Pic of the day. The most powerful commander of the Forces of Nature, Lightning Flash Phosphora!!" "is a trophy!"

Mr. Sakurai is allways up for a funny comment for the pic of the day^^
But seriously ,what me suprised the most is that it is a Wii U Trophy not a 3DS one because we all know Kid Icarus Uprising is a 3DS title.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Hmmm... if Sakurai wants to reveal a character for March, it has to be next week, or the Monday after next week. Would Sakurai really not reveal a character for an entire month?

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Hmmm... if Sakurai wants to reveal a character for March, it has to be next week, or the Monday after next week. Would Sakurai really not reveal a character for an entire month?
Maybe if it was to build anticipation for a new character.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

I said I want it as a 3ds trophy.

Gimmi that trophy on 3ds!

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
am i the only one around here who doesn't give **** about trophy-Pic-of-the-days??

It's a cool one though, but i wanna see gamedetails... this is such a disappointing end of the week picture... :(

TeamFlareZakk

Just because she is a trophy doesn't mean she can't be a character too. Maybe he's being tricky.
That is true, you can collect Assist Trophy characters as collectable trophies, in fact the characters we play as can be collected as trophies and these would have to be trophies that appear in both versions much like the stage bluff that lead to Sakurai stating that some stages will be on both versions.

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
That is true, you can collect Assist Trophy characters as collectable trophies, in fact the characters we play as can be collected as trophies and these would have to be trophies that appear in both versions much like the stage bluff that lead to Sakurai stating that some stages will be on both versions.
Maybe that's why it's a WiiU trophy, 'cause she's in both versions! Then again, why would he add her over Palutena or SHADOW? They're more wanted than her, and I didn't even know who this character is.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
When I saw the background for that screenshot, I had a feeling that we weren't seeing a new playable character.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Maybe Kid Icarus is an exception for the whole exclusive trophy thing. Most of the fresh characters are from Uprising, so they all would be on the 3DS version.

I bet she's an assist trophy. :smirk:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I can understand her being a Trophy, it makes sense. But I wanna know is why are they having a trophy of her on the Wii U version, when KI:Uprising was a 3DS game?
Because sakurai never said that trophies on the Wiiu would SPECIFICALLY be from console games.
Why are the trophies in brawl from non-console nintendo titles?

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Still no Yoshi? I don't know guys. I think it's safe to say Yoshi's gotten the boot. Clearly Sakurai forgot to put him in the game.

Yoshi a non returning veteran confirmed!

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
I agree with him. Shadow is pretty lame. Assist trophy at best again. I'm honestly surprised Tails wasn't the assist trophy for Sonic in brawl.
Think about it. He be like Ness mixed w/ Sonic! (Except slower, otherwise we'd have another Meta Knight) I actually made a movelist, if you wanna hear it....

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
They haven't announced Captain Falcon, but we all know he's gonna be in SM4SH, right?
I remember Sakurai specifically mentioning Captain Falcon in an interview when he was discussing game mechanics so clearly he hasn't forgotten him.

I just wish the same can be said for our favorite green dinosaur.

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
I just wish the same can be said for our favorite green dinosaur.
Personally, I absolutely hated Yoshi in Brawl/Project M/Smash64. He was just too weak for me, and he didn't have the projectile/speed to make up for it. Granted, I haven't ever played competitively, so I probably don't know what I'm talking about.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Think about it. He be like Ness mixed w/ Sonic! (Except slower, otherwise we'd have another Meta Knight) I actually made a movelist, if you wanna hear it....
It's ok buddy. I don't know much about Shadow to begin with so I probably wouldn't get it.

And I was joking about the Yoshi thing. I'd bet my left leg that he's in. That's how sure I am.

Top Bottom