• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - June 6th

infomon

Smash Scientist
guys, walkoffs aren't banned.

Nothing's banned, until the game actually comes out and we can see what needs to be banned. smash4 is a new game with new rules. If there's no chaingrabs and no advantage to camping near the edge then why would we ban walkoffs? we shall see!

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Do you guys know why walk offs were banned form compedetive play for melee and brawl?

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Aha, so there's the Fire Emblem stage for the Wii U version! And it represents the series pretty well, as well.

The variable platforms oughta keep things interesting, but unless those edges drop off as well, this stage could get dicey competitively. Being a walk-off would give a massive advantage to characters with bad recovery, and it'd be insta-banned if so much as one has a chaingrab...

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
I hope they keep the same voice actors for these two.

Btw, nice stage (better than the last one, anyway...).
I agree, but also like the japanese Ike voice actor a lot.

The second you pointed out the words Sakurai used to introduce the new stage, it looks like he is trying to hint at another character possibly going to be revealed in the Fire Emblem series. Because it's like "Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Here's Ike, Marth and...a brand new stage!"" He sets it up like another name goes in there. It could be coincidence, but I'll keep my hopes up for a reveal in E3.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
honestly, im a little disappointed with the stages in both games.

not just design, but the locations they chose :/

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
This stage is AWESOME. I saw it this morning and flipped. It looks fantastic. I hope they bring back Castle Siege though, too. That stage represented Fire Emblem pretty well, if you ask me.

TurboNoob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
D-Unknown Enigma
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Here's Ike, Marth and...a brand new stage!"

Sakurai continues, "We've added a familiar setting from the Fire Emblem series, the Coliseum. In the original game, this place is filled with both hope and despair. There is machinery in the ground that activates variable platforms."​

FREAKIN' SWEET!

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
So no epic battle on the back of Grima then...

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
While it looks like a walk off and is probably banned competitively, I don't really care about that. What I care about is that this stage looks awesome and I'm going to be playing it anyways. The ability to make platforms APPEAR is a really cool concept. It's like Peach's Castle from melee except without annoying bullet bill bombs. Anyways, I'm definitely going to like this stage. It looks great.
The fact that platforms can be activated would be reason not to assume it'd be banned.

I would hope more players would keep all options open, until proven absolutely disastrous in competitive play.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai really hates stages with floor blastzones, huh?
Revealed Wii U stages with floor blastzones:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Mushroom Kingdom
Halberd
Smashville
Skyloft
Palutena's Temple
Dr. Wiley's Castle
Pyrosphere
Garden of Hope
Windy Hill
Pilot Wings

12 out of 17

BladeOFLucas

Smash Journeyman
I hope that the stage itself is bigger than it appears, or has something that brings back the ledge variable. I just remembered that there will be an FD version, much value.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Revealed Wii U stages with floor blastzones:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Mushroom Kingdom
Halberd
Smashville
Skyloft
Palutena's Temple
Dr. Wiley's Castle
Pyrosphere
Garden of Hope
Windy Hill
Pilot Wings

12 out of 17
That's even less than I thought wow. Merci.

I hope that the stage itself is bigger than it appears, or has something that brings back the ledge variable. I just remembered that there will be an FD version, much value.
"Most stages will have a Final Destination form."

Most does not mean all. I'd be surprised if, for example, Balloon Fight had an FD variant.

Last edited:

herbmaster%

my dankchu is 420XX
3DS FC
2836-1534-7477
I'm hoping this recent FE attention isn't just an oversight for E3. The wait for Chrom or Robin is extremely unbearable! But then again, I'm sure the trailer we're bound to get will surprise us in some form (multiple newcomers, hehe!)
*lucina (marth skin) and robin (?)

BladeOFLucas

Smash Journeyman
Kink-Link5 said "Most stages will have a Final Destination form."

Most does not mean all. I'd be surprised if, for example, Balloon Fight had an FD variant.

He said almost all, and it wouldn't make sense not to do it for that stage, seeing as how it is an iconic part of an up-and-coming videogame series. And Coliseums have always been known to have a variety of options when it comes to hazards. A stage over a pit wouldn't be that difficult, or that unreasonable of a change. So unless confirmed otherwise, I think it is safe to assume that this will have a FD form.

Last edited:

herbmaster%

my dankchu is 420XX
3DS FC
2836-1534-7477
i've witnessed someone dub marth as "anime princess" and it made me chuckle a bit. caught me off guard.

Top Bottom