• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - June 6th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Here's Ike, Marth and...a brand new stage!"

Sakurai continues, "We've added a familiar setting from the Fire Emblem series, the Coliseum. In the original game, this place is filled with both hope and despair. There is machinery in the ground that activates variable platforms."​

Last edited by a moderator:

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
There's a second part to it:

"We've added a familiar setting from the Fire Emblem series, the Coliseum. In the original game, this place is filled with both hope and despair. There is machinery in the ground that activates variable platforms."

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I'm hoping this recent FE attention isn't just an oversight for E3. The wait for Chrom or Robin is extremely unbearable! But then again, I'm sure the trailer we're bound to get will surprise us in some form (multiple newcomers, hehe!)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I like this stage, its a faithful recreation of the GBA arena... with some new things added, obviously. (Its similar to Shadow Dragon as well, but still quite a bit different.)

I'd have preferred a Radiant Dawn/Path of Radiance stage, but this is a good representation of Fire Emblem as a whole (way better than the generic Castle Siege).

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping this recent FE attention isn't just an oversight for E3. The wait for Chrom or Robin is extremely unbearable! But then again, I'm sure the trailer we're bound to get will surprise us in some form (multiple newcomers, hehe!)
Yeah, if Chrom is in, I'm curious to see how differently he plays from Marth and Ike.

Malion

Smash Ace
I've been playing fe:a a lot lately and while i like crom and lucinathey do play a lot like ike and marth. Not to mention Lucina dresses like marth.

Robin would be great for the sword/magic combo and being able to play both genders.

What we really need is the best character in the game though... Donnel!

Vidiot825

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8558-7913
Going to main Ike because he looks good
If you're going to to play the game you may as well do it with style!

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
I'm definitely going to miss the stage transformations from SSBB's Castle Siege, but I'm more than content with this one. ^-^

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
I like the stage, its flat first like FD, then there will be variable platforms. OMG this stage is the best for competitive players cuz its viable for all character, as stage changes. as long as its not a moving stage and nothing too crazy on the platforms like pokemon stadium, where there is slopes/wind/mountains,etc....

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
First pic: Parody to the F.E. story sequences?
Now that you pointed that out...

First Pic:

Marth: Ike, what are we doing here?

Ike: Remember how I said you were my friend Marth?

Marth: ....

Yes......?

Pic Two:

Ike: WELL, I LIED!!!

*Today's lesson: Ike fights against his non-friends.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
the first picture looks like they are haveing a covosation like in the games

Little-Mac!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedrawingdutch
I'm really digging the fact that there are all those stages that change up from time to time in de 3DS and wii U versions. It keeps the stages interesting

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
Marth is slowly turning into Lucina with every smash game. I wonder if he's secretly transgender

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
With the inclusion of Ike, Math is now offically re-named Martha.

Last edited:

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
While it looks like a walk off and is probably banned competitively, I don't really care about that. What I care about is that this stage looks awesome and I'm going to be playing it anyways. The ability to make platforms APPEAR is a really cool concept. It's like Peach's Castle from melee except without annoying bullet bill bombs. Anyways, I'm definitely going to like this stage. It looks great.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Marth is slowly turning into Lucina with every smash game. I wonder if he's secretly transgender
Lucina didn't exist at the time of prior Smash Bros. games... If anything, they probably redesigned Marth to look closer to Lucina on purpose so he can represent Awakening (or so Lucina can be an alt of Marth).

BlastState

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlastState
3DS FC
0946-2825-3438
I really like this addition! Honestly, I feel kind of stupid for not thinking of the Coliseum earlier when predicting what kind of stage Fire Emblem would get for the Wii U version. This was a great choice by the team to use this venue to represent the series in a game like Smash Bros.

Azureyoshi

Smash Rookie
This seems like it will be a pretty cool stage. Very nice PotD to end the week. :)

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
I wonder this this will be another one of those stages you cant just walk off and die on. Like ballon fight.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Walk off, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

But those dragon statues. Almost as beautiful as that blue haired girl next to Ike.

Top Bottom