• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - June 16th

Kamiko

Smash Ace
I'm sorry, I don't think you understand. Nintendo isn't like Capcom or other companies who actually care about how their competitive games work. If that was the case, Meta-Knight woulda got nerfed in Brawl. Guess what? They didn't release a patch and he's still light years better than everyone else in the game over 6 years later.

Nintendo isn't the sorta company that patches their games to fix characters for balancing issues. Meaning that when someone inevitably finds a broken custom moveset, its never going to be fixed by Nintendo. Meaning people can and will abuse it to no end as they please.
Was anythng at all ever patched on the Wii? I don't recall it ever being capable of normal software updates. Skyword Sword had a game-breaking glitch, and Nintendo had to release a separate piece of software to fix it. Mario Kart 7 on the other hand had a shortcut glitch patched out regularly on the 3DS. I don't see why major balance issues would be left alone this time around.

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
Was anythng at all ever patched on the Wii? I don't recall it ever being capable of normal software updates. Skyword Sword had a game-breaking glitch, and Nintendo had to release a separate piece of software to fix it. Mario Kart 7 on the other hand had a shortcut glitch patched out regularly on the 3DS. I don't see why major balance issues would be left alone this time around.
The fact that it took Nintendo this long as a company ain't right. Then again, I'm ready to see who Smash 4's new Meta Knight is. And that's assuming he doesn't return himself.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm sorry, I don't think you understand. Nintendo isn't like Capcom or other companies who actually care about how their competitive games work. If that was the case, Meta-Knight woulda got nerfed in Brawl. Guess what? They didn't release a patch and he's still light years better than everyone else in the game over 6 years later.

Nintendo isn't the sorta company that patches their games to fix characters for balancing issues. Meaning that when someone inevitably finds a broken custom moveset, its never going to be fixed by Nintendo. Meaning people can and will abuse it to no end as they please.
Three years ago they wernt the company to have DLC, a tournament at e3, separate characters of transformation for competitive play, pay attention to for fun or for glory with many Final Destination matches...

obviously they are doing better.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'm in awe at the fact of how unique Sakurai made Miis.
Everyone thought they were going to be boring and generic, but Sakurai proved them all wrong.

He made Miis so customizable, and fun. The variety of moves we have seen looks amazing!
And the fact that each has 3 completely different options for each special moves is just fascinating.

I suppose this isn't the place to rant, so I'll just say good job.
Good job Sakurai.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226

I would just like to point out in this picture of the 4 mii that it's showing sword mii, gunner, brawler, sword. Instead of thinking we can customize the mii heights/weight it would be more logical to assume that each type of mii fighter has a different height/weight like every other character

Thank you, I was just about to say that. There is no way they would allow you to change height and weight for the mii's in Smash Bros. I saw on IGN that you will be able to unlock different costumes for each of the classes. Stop and think for a quick moment, if you look at your mii's for a moment, I can guarantee you all Nintendo is going to do is take the head and hair of your mii and place them on the body of the Mii Fighter Classes, that's it.

Everyone is taking this waaay to serious and over thinking this. When I first watched this trailer it looked quite obvious that its going to be that simple. The brawler is more like Mario so that class will take his default height, Swordsmen stands taller, and the Gunner will hunch a little like Samus. SMH -___-

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
Three years ago they wernt the company to have DLC, a tournament at e3, separate characters of transformation for competitive play, pay attention to for fun or for glory with many Final Destination matches...

Nintendo Generations late to the party as usual.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman

Serparating characters of transformation proves that they just dont know how to do a balanced transformation character (or dont want to expend time on that). I usually hate people that compares SSB4 with Project M... But Sheilda in Project M is a real and viable character.

Thank you, I was just about to say that. There is no way they would allow you to change height and weight for the mii's in Smash Bros. I saw on IGN that you will be able to unlock different costumes for each of the classes. Stop and think for a quick moment, if you look at your mii's for a moment, I can guarantee you all Nintendo is going to do is take the head and hair of your mii and place them on the body of the Mii Fighter Classes, that's it.

Everyone is taking this waaay to serious and over thinking this. When I first watched this trailer it looked quite obvious that its going to be that simple. The brawler is more like Mario so that class will take his default height, Swordsmen stands taller, and the Gunner will hunch a little like Samus. SMH -___-
Im going to respond this with another quote...
if you look through this gallery you''ll be able to see that in most screen shots the gunners, brawlers and swordfighters all vary in height regardless of type. Some Brawlers are taller than others, some gunners are shorter than others. And many of the different fighting types share heights as well.

and if you need more proof, take a look at this

This image features 3 brawlers. You can tell just by looking that Heights are something that can be adjusted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
So Sword Mii is going to be another Link? I'm actually okay with that. I love the way that Link's projectile game plays in all the games, and another character that has another function similarly appeals to me greatly. Awesome to see that this is the way things are going. With the Chakram, he said you can make it hover in place, which is weird. I wonder if it will be like a float cancel type maneuver to make it happen, which is fine, but it's weird to have a floating projectile. I'm also hoping that the Chakram operates like Mega Man's buzz saws and it just flies away rather than boomeranging.

I've never been a fan of gale moves because they push you away...that was until I played Ivysaur in P:M and neutral B kill people recovering because that's hilarious. But the galeshot thing hopefully is only a direct line thing because otherwise it will be an easy gimp shot to push people away.

The shuriken looks a lot like Greninja's uncharged neutral B. The water effects following it are replaced by a "ghosting" pattern of the shuriken. I doubt it will be chargeable, or if it is, it might be like needles and he throws multiple. I'm not sure, once again purely speculating.

BeastMode

Smash Rookie
I love the idea of using the mii's and I'm sure they will be fun to play as, but i doubt they will be allowed in tournaments. Even so I can't wait to try out all three classes! ;p

ManaX

Smash Apprentice
My mii is going to be small and have all the disjointed hitboxes and you CAN'T stop mii.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt

Screen shot taken from the Mii fighter trailer. The Mii in Red is obviously shorter than the ones in Pink and Black. And is about as tall as the white one thats crouching. I don't know about different weight types, but we have proof there will be changes in height based on the Mii chosen.
That's dumb.

Last edited:

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
They remind me of the fighters from kid icarus uprising. Especially the brawler and swordfighter, the gunfighter is essentially a cannon fighter though.

I hope we get fighter miis for them. I'd also really love something like weekly miis sent from nintendo to play against.

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883

I would just like to point out in this picture of the 4 mii that it's showing sword mii, gunner, brawler, sword. Instead of thinking we can customize the mii heights/weight it would be more logical to assume that each type of mii fighter has a different height/weight like every other character
nope...

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Hmmm I like Gale strike. Gives me some idea to use that with Chokoms. So hyped!!!! Give the Mii a trench coat lololol MATRIX smash mode :)

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
The last few days, I've spent a lot of time in the Mii Maker just preparing all the Miis I'm going to use for my fighters!

Since Miis have adjustable height and girth, I wonder if they will reflect that in Smash's gameplay.
Being able to adjust height and girth is a little worrying, but hopefully there will only be a few classes within these three classes of fighters. I really don't want Miis to be banned, but this does seem rather overwhelming when it comes to balancing concerns.

On another note, is there anyone here that knows whether or not you can transfer Mii data from the Wii to the Wii U in addition to everything else?

Again someone who needs to be reminded of the fact that NOT EVERYONE PLAYS SMASH BROS COMPETITIVELY!

Most people Don't take that sort of stuff into account when playing smash bros. You just pick a character, select a costume, chose a stage, then have at it. Stuff like hight and weight for mii characters don't, and won't, matter to people who play these series For Fun.
No offense, but this is ridiculously condescending.

Surely you realize that there are competitive players who play for fun or at least that it's one of the reasons why they compete? The entertainment value of these games (how much fun you have) is actually what makes these players come back to venues and want to continue to support the community.

Their idea of FUN is perhaps different than your own, for example it's not very amusing for them to play an unbalanced or broken game, but that doesn't mean that they can't have FUN in other ways. This doesn't even exclusively apply to the competitive community, as I'm sure you know that there are casual players who don't really care for aspects of a game that make it impossible for them to win. The jury is still out on the Miis, but you should understand that you don't get to define what is fun to other people.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
I dont understand all the hate in Miis from competitive players...
If you think about it, Miis are going to be the best thing of Brawl 2.0 even in competitive play.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I don't think almost anybody has expressed hate for Miis per say, its just that keeping track of how everyone has customized their Mii in a tournament setting is impossible. So in the interest of fairness they won't be legal.

It's completely logical and being angry about that makes no sense. Nobody is stopping you from beating your friends in friendlies or whatever using Miis.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
I don't think almost anybody has expressed hate for Miis per say, its just that keeping track of how everyone has customized their Mii in a tournament setting is impossible. So in the interest of fairness they won't be legal.

It's completely logical and being angry about that makes no sense. Nobody is stopping you from beating your friends in friendlies or whatever using Miis.
Yes because customizable and competitive are completely different concepts that can never be together. What about Pokemon? What about any MOBA? Pokemon competitive comunity accepts 4879411851 options of possibilities and works perfectly, keeping the track of a complete team of your oponent is almost imposible and there is any problem with that.
But Smash with 3 almost completely customizable characters, 1 character with different special moves, 2 variations of special moves for the other characters and equipable items that modify stats is incoiceivable for the smash community... What? I mean, Really? Why does the smash community have this close-minded mentality?

Last edited:

Dark_Wolf

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5258-0774-1382
The mii fighters are going to be interesting characters to play with.....we will see how they will come about when the game comes out

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Yes because customizable and competitive are completely different concepts that can never be together. What about Pokemon? What about any MOBA? Pokemon competitive comunity accepts 4879411851 options of possibilities and works perfectly, keeping the track of a complete team of your oponent is almost imposible and there is any problem with that.
None of those are fighting games, which is the only type of example that matters here, but instead are team-based games with many set-ups that are available and everyone knows what those options are at a given time.

Even Marvel 3 with it's many team combinations doesn't change the properties of a character's moves, that is always consistent. Having to figure out not only which moves your opponent has in secret but also if an opponent you faced earlier slightly changed their height or move properties between matches, in the middle of a match, is completely unfair no matter how you spin it.

MP8

Smash Journeyman
The last few days, I've spent a lot of time in the Mii Maker just preparing all the Miis I'm going to use for my fighters!

Since Miis have adjustable height and girth, I wonder if they will reflect that in Smash's gameplay.
I'm guessing that it won't be that intricate. All the Miis probably have share the same body shapes and weight, etc. Only differences being their appearances and the weapons of course. That'd be cool if they accounted weight and mass in there for more variety.

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
None of those are fighting games, which is the only type of example that matters here, but instead are team-based games with many set-ups that are available and everyone knows what those options are at a given time.

Even Marvel 3 with it's many team combinations doesn't change the properties of a character's moves, that is always consistent. Having to figure out not only which moves your opponent has in secret but also if an opponent you faced earlier slightly changed their height or move properties between matches, in the middle of a match, is completely unfair no matter how you spin it.
Implying that Smash competitive community is about fair things, like Fox and Meta Knight.

I'm guessing that it won't be that intricate. All the Miis probably have share the same body shapes and weight, etc. Only differences being their appearances and the weapons of course. That'd be cool if they accounted weight and mass in their for more variety.
They do have different shapes, weight is uknown.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
That's just ridiculous. For friends it's gonna be so hard getting to know your opponent if they keep using different mii fighters. If you take away the ability to customize moves, you have 3 different miis that all can vary in height meaning different attack range. Surely width is doable if they took it that far. I find it ridiculous how you can still customize your mii in some way even if all players agreed to use default movesets.
It's pretty evident given how the custom moves are handled that both Miis and custom characters are going to be nonlegal.

The TaBuu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheTaBuu
3DS FC
3454-0444-5134
Is it just me or are these Mii fighters gonna be a source of controversy for competitive Smash o.o

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As a reminder, please do not double post. Just edit in what you would like to say by clicking Edit.

And to stay on topic, the third one would totally be Vash if he was red.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Neat update, the Mii Swordfighters look like my favorite so far out of the 3, can't wait to customize mine.

GnOME

Smash Rookie
Right that's what I'm saying. But players who do not choose mii fighter in a fight don't get to change their character's size. It's an advantage that mii fighter players will have even when they agree to use default movesets. That's just an observation.
I'm not bothered at all but based on the photos, the only thing that necessarily has to change is the hurt box height, and that's not such a big deal. The variation shown so far doesn't seem to be "game changing" and besides it's for friendlies...

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
When people play on my console, Mii will be banned. But to those who enjoy Mii more power to them

Well it's not the same in real life, but I think most people excluding me don't hate Mii's on smashboards and that's fine too

Last edited:
Top Bottom