• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 22nd

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Will it be venom style or cornaria style....im hoping for venom style..i loved that stage in melee
Maybe it could be a mix of Corneria style and Lylat Cruise?

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
People, don't get your hopes up for Krystal... Just because this 'the Great Fox' is from SF Assault, it won't mean they also took the idea of getting characters from that game to be playable. Krystal was only on the gamecube. Lots of younger gamers don't even know who she is.

I'd like it too to have her in Smash 4, but I don't really suspect her appearance sooner or later... But then again, That would be really pulling a Sakurai if she does appear though... ... *wondering*...

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
People, don't get your hopes up for Krystal... Just because this 'the Great Fox' is from SF Assault, it won't mean they also took the idea of getting characters from that game to be playable. Krystal was only on the gamecube. Lots of younger gamers don't even know who she is.

I'd like it too to have her in Smash 4, but I don't really suspect her appearance sooner or later... But then again, That would be really pulling a Sakurai if she does appear though... ... *wondering*...

Well she was very highly requested, she has a unique potential moveset, and if Fire Emblem can get four reps, why can't Star Fox get four as well

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
so ths is why falco hasn't been revealed yet. in krystals trailer, hes going to be fighting against wolf and losing, and then krystal drops in and saves him.
KRYSTAL (almost) CONFIRMED!!!!

KatKit

Smash Lord
To the person who asked how people would react if Krystal was an alt. for Fox: It would never happen. Different characters, different names, and different voices. If Krystal is in Smash, she'd be her own character.

@ Wasp Wasp : Krystal wasn't only on the Gamecube. Did you forget about Star Fox Command?

Anyways, the stage looks gorgeous! I would imagine the Final Destination version to be two Landmasters smooshed together lol. Just kidding. Speaking of Landmasters... if Wolf, Krystal, or Falco is in the game, PLEASE DON'T GIVE THEM LANDMASTERS AGAIN.

Now, I love me some Falco and Wolf like the next person and I would gladly accept Krystal's inclusion, for several reasons... but... and Morbid Altruism might agree with me on this.... a really unique Star Fox character would be the sex Panther guy lol. Sex Panther needs more love so I just felt like mentioning him. But yay if Krystal makes it in though.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Ah, the Great Fox, the only veteran stage/stage object so far present in all four games. Though they have differing names, they basically have the same concept overall.

Let's remember Sector Z, Corneria (SSBM/SSBB), Venom and now we have a stage that makes the Great Fox the only veteran stage in the series.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
To the person who asked how people would react if Krystal was an alt. for Fox: It would never happen. Different characters, different names, and different voices. If Krystal is in Smash, she'd be her own character.
Official statement from Sakurai:

"If two characters are from the same franchise and function similarly, I can make them an alternate costume."

Might not be word for word, but it's close enough to what he said in a recent interview.

Ah, the Great Fox, the only veteran stage/stage object so far present in all four games. Though they have differing names, they basically have the same concept overall.

Let's remember Sector Z, Corneria (SSBM/SSBB), Venom and now we have a stage that makes the Great Fox the only veteran stage in the series.
Battlefield, different looks, but overall the same concept.
Final Destination, different looks, but overall the same concept.

There are probably a few more, but I'm to lazy and these two emphasize my point the most.

Last edited:

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
This kinda looks like it's from an FMV, there's lens flare and some things in the background around the Great Fox have streaks like it is/was moving out of hyperspace or whatever they call it Starfox. The rest of the stages have always been shown from the regular battle perspective, so this could be from a character trailer.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Anyways, the stage looks gorgeous! I would imagine the Final Destination version to be two Landmasters smooshed together lol.
They might just have to make it a floating platform in space (kinda like the FD version of Gerudo Valley).

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
This kinda looks like it's from an FMV, there's lens flare and some things in the background around the Great Fox have streaks like it is/was moving out of hyperspace or whatever they call it Starfox. The rest of the stages have always been shown from the regular battle perspective, so this could be from a character trailer.
It's probably just a neat visual effect Sakurai threw in when you enter pause camera mode. Although a reveal trailer sounds nice right about now.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi

Crystal was on the gamecube (starfox adventures & starfox assault), as well as the DS (Starfox command) I believe that's at least half of the games (if you are including the starfox remake as its own game.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I was thinking it's about time we get a stage reveal.
not to mention the more star fox love, the better.

Sen. Sawft

Professional Laundry Folder
NNID
Sawft
3DS FC
4940-6793-4197
I just shed one, singular tear when I saw that version of the Great Fox.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
if this is Assault doesn't that mean Peppy is driving the Great Fox and Slippy and Krystal are in the Arwings?

Dr. Bran

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2062-9647-8749
First of all, this looks awesome and I'm hoping that the blast zones aren't as close as Corneria. Secondly, I'll only accept Krystal if she talks in a real language instead of this "Wakawaka popolopo forotord Krazoa Palace" nonsense.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

She's been in most of the games
Star Fox = no
64 = no
adventures = yes
assault = yes
command = yes
She's been in every game since adventures and she wasn't just there, she usually had an important role, plus she has uniue moveset potential, she's a popular character, it's another female, FE has 4 reps so why can't star fox, There is a new game in development whether she's in it or not we'll just have to see though

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
First of all, this looks awesome and I'm hoping that the blast zones aren't as close as Corneria. Secondly, I'll only accept Krystal if she talks in a real language instead of this "Wakawaka popolopo forotord Krazoa Palace" nonsense.
You might wanna play assault or at the very least do the fox taunt on lylat cruise in brawl

AceMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KnowledgeMan
No Smash game is complete without a stage on the Great Fox... DO A BARREL ROLL!!!

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Why do people even want or care about Krystal? She has no significance in the series. You can argue her role in Adventures, but she was not even intended to be in a Star Fox game, but actually Dinosaur Planet. After that she was pretty much forced in the other games.

She has little popularity in contrast to other more deserving characters (granted, she has a loud minority fanbase) and just because she's female doesn't give her any more reason to be included on the roster (which is by far the most subjective reasoning for character inclusions). On the contrary, we actually need more villains.

Anyway, I do love this stage. I always liked all the iterations of the Star Fox stages (excluding Venom, ofc.)

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Why are people saying Assault= Krystal? Her first appearance was in Adventures and she's not the only character in Assault. Also Krystal barely did ANYTHING in both of those games.

While I do believe that we're going to get a 4th character the choice is fair game between the Star Fox and the Star Wolf members. Hell I would be hyped if Sakurai did something crazy like sizing down N64 Andross and making him the 4th and final SF rep since canon sizes don't matter in Smash. He's important, has move set potential, a limbless character, and the big bad of the series.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Why are people saying Assault= Krystal? Her first appearance was in Adventures and she's not the only character in Assault. Also Krystal barely did ANYTHING in both of those games.

While I do believe that we're going to get a 4th character the choice is fair game between the Star Fox and the Star Wolf members. Hell I would be hyped if Sakurai did something crazy like sizing down N64 Andross and making him the 4th and final SF rep since canon sizes don't matter in Smash. He's important, has move set potential, a limbless character, and the big bad of the series.
She had the assault design in brawl and I'd think most people would like her assault design if she were to be in smash 4, personally I think this hints at wolf more but I understand why people do

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
You could say the same thing about Pit and the Ice Climbers, and probably some other characters but I don't feel like thinking about it right now.
Yet, Pit and Iceclimbers are main characters of their own games. Krystal is just a sidekick. Still I'd love to see her though.

She's been in most of the games
Star Fox = no
64 = no
adventures = yes
assault = yes
command = yes
She's been in every game since adventures and she wasn't just there, she usually had an important role, plus she has uniue moveset potential, she's a popular character, it's another female, FE has 4 reps so why can't star fox, There is a new game in development whether she's in it or not we'll just have to see though
I agree she is unique and I'd like her too in smash,but i think she's only been in those games because it was recently released after starfox adventures dinosaur planet and starfox assault, and appearantly, starfox command. Other games are more common with fox, falco, wolf, slippy, peppy and that robotguy.

Well she was very highly requested, she has a unique potential moveset, and if Fire Emblem can get four reps, why can't Star Fox get four as well
Yes, I'd request her too ye know... it;s not like i don't want her, but Fire Emblem has four reps since it just had a release recently. It's still fresh. I can't really say the same about Krystal.

I hope you guys are all right and that she'll be added to the roster with her staff and unique moveset, but i just don't think she has high chances....

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Yes, I'd request her too ye know... it;s not like i don't want her, but Fire Emblem has four reps since it just had a release recently. It's still fresh. I can't really say the same about Krystal.
However star fox has an upcoming release

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace

I'm starting to think that Starfox is getting 4 reps (this means Falco (hopefully he keeps his Brawl moveset but further de-cloned), Wolf & Krystal are in), plus Sakurai has been adding a ton of female reps for these games lately, I'm starting to believe we may be getting at least 48 characters in these games.
I had the same thought, though I think we'll get four reps because of the pattern we've been seeing, Smash 64 gets Fox, Melee gets Fox and Falco, Brawl gets Fox, Falco and Wolf, Smash 4 would get Fox, Falco, Wolf and Krystal if this continues, plus considering that Fire Emblem was pretty obscure for a while, the fact that it now has four reps tells me that Star Fox and maybe F-Zero have a chance at getting at least one more rep.

fe_wander

Smash Cadet
Because the Fire Emblem games are consistently good.
You'd be surprised; if you compare their metacritics, it's close for the most part. The only game Star Fox can't match is Awakening.
FE is a couple points higher if you were to compare each series' best game, I'm pretty sure, but it's not a large gap.

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Will Sakurai reveal a character tomorrow or on July 25? He better reveal Pheasant, PSI Boy with the hat, Pink Blob that kills when it sleeps in someone's head, Broken Knight,Asian Cp. Falcon with armor, or Mew2.

Top Bottom