• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 22nd

I wonder if it will be oriented like Corneria or like Venom. My first thought was the latter.

Maybe we can get a two-in-one if the Great Fox somehow changes directions; like dropping the fighters off onto some auxiliary ship while the Great Fox rotates in the background and returns.

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Will Sakurai reveal a character tomorrow or on July 25? He better reveal Pheasant, PSI Boy with the hat, Pink Blob that kills when it sleeps in someone's head, Broken Knight,Asian Cp. Falcon with armor, or Mew2.
You mean Bird Man Attorney at Law, young Psycho Mantis, Mallow's future wife, retired Shovel Knight, samurai Captain Rainbow and two Mews? I totally agree dude I might just cancel my pre order if these guys don't get in.

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
Dang. That is gorgeous.

Also laughed at the pilot's consent comment xD Oh Mashpotato Samurai.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
She had the assault design in brawl and I'd think most people would like her assault design if she were to be in smash 4, personally I think this hints at wolf more but I understand why people do
How does her design being in Brawl, or her design in general help her chances besides giving her a grossing popularity in the West? The other non playable SF characters had those Assault designs too. This reason doesn't hint anything either. Everyone is just speculating and trying to read Sakurai. People should know by now that you can't read Sakurai, ever.

Krystal is just a sidekick.
Being a love interest makes her a sidekick? Slippy is more of a sidekick considering he's a childhood friend of Fox and is the mechanic of the team.

Other games are more common with fox, falco, wolf, slippy, peppy and that robotguy.
...You...don't know ROB 64's name?

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
You mean Bird Man Attorney at Law, young Psycho Mantis, Mallow's future wife, retired Shovel Knight, samurai Captain Rainbow and two Mews? I totally agree dude I might just cancel my pre order if these guys don't get in.
I was talking about Falco, Ness, Jigglypuff, Meta Knight, Ganondorf and Mewtwo, but your comment is fun.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
How does her design being in Brawl, or her design in general help her chances besides giving her a grossing popularity in the West? The other non playable SF characters had those Assault designs too. This reason doesn't hint anything either. Everyone is just speculating and trying to read Sakurai. People should know by now that you can't read Sakurai, ever.

Being a love interest makes her a sidekick? Slippy is more of a sidekick considering he's a childhood friend of Fox and is the mechanic of the team.

In response to the two things Wasp said here, even if Krystal was a side kick that doesn't hurt her chances at all because we have Luigi, and Krystal has been in three out of the four Star Fox games, 6 if you want to count 64 and it's remake so Krystal is just as relevant as the other Star Fox characters.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I was talking about Falco, Ness, Jigglypuff, Meta Knight, Ganondorf and Mewtwo, but your comment is fun.
Yeah I know I just wanted to have fun with your comment, it was quite an easy target.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

I mean that the assault design is the way most people see krystal now, that design is THE krystal design now

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I mean that the assault design is the way most people see krystal now, that design is THE krystal design now
They can still go with the Assault design or hell just do what they did with Wolf where they mixed his Assault design with his Command design, boom problem solved.

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
I really hope this leads to a trailer confirming Falco, Wolf, and Krystal as a newcomer.

As for the stage, a rotating stage that switches from the side view like Sector Z and Corneria, to front view like Venom, to back view would be awesome with elements from Lylat Cruise thrown in with the tilt of the stage.

Last edited:

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
We've had it as a map since smash 64, but it's still one of my favorite maps in the game, alongside the hyrule castle map in smash 64.

Last edited:

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
Hopefully it's not insanely downsized like it was in Brawl. Regardless, super excited for this stage to make its return.

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811
ALLRIGHT, NOW I AM COMPLETELY SURE IT KRYSTAL WILL APPEAR

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm really happy about this update.
This stage looks a lot like N64's Sector Z.
I always found it superior to Corneria, as this one seems to be almost as big as the "real" deal.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
This looks gorgeous. Hopefully it keeps Corneria's layout with the dynamic background of Lylat Cruise.

Also, the Assult inspired design gives me hope for Assult costumes for whatever Starfox characters make it in. I was never a fan of the Command looks.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
In response to the two things Wasp said here, even if Krystal was a side kick that doesn't hurt her chances at all because we have Luigi, and Krystal has been in three out of the four Star Fox games, 6 if you want to count 64 and it's remake so Krystal is just as relevant as the other Star Fox characters.
Luigi and Krystal aren't comparable in any form. Yes she's been in several games but what did she do in those games again?

Adventures:
-playable for 10 mins in a game that takes a few hours to complete with Fox because Krystal gets trapped in a crystal.

Assault:
-Uses her signal/sensor powers for a brief cut scene in a game where sensor technology is a standard in the series, making her magical powers useless.
-Eye candy for Fox and Panther
-Isn't the best multiplayer character

Command:
-She wants attention
-Fox says no
-breaks up with him
-gets laughed at
-joins Star Wolf for ultimate break up revenge
-leaves Star Wolf, changes her name to Kursed, and becomes forever unrecognizable
-The series forgets what her original goal was: to find the truth of her parents' death, and throws it out the window

Can someone explain WHY she deserves to be in Smash rather than Slippy, Peppy, Pigma, Leon, Panther, Andrew or even Andross 64? The staff isn't a good answer because there are other characters that fight with those like Dark Pit, Palutena, and maybe Bandana Dee with his spear.

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Luigi and Krystal aren't comparable in any form. Yes she's been in several games but what did she do in those games again?

Adventures:
-playable for 10 mins in a game that takes a few hours to complete with Fox because Krystal gets trapped in a crystal.

Assault:
-Uses her signal/sensor powers for a brief cut scene in a game where sensor technology is a standard in the series, making her magical powers useless.

Command:
-She wants attention
-Fox says no
-breaks up with him
-gets laughed at
-leaves Star Wolf, changes her name to Kursed, and becomes forever unrecognizable
-The series forgets what her original goal was: to find the truth of her parents' death, and throws it out the window

Can someone explain WHY she deserves to be in Smash rather than Slippy, Peppy, Pigma, Leon, Panther, Andrew or even Andross 64? The staff isn't a good answer because there are other characters that fight with those like Dark Pit, Palutena, and maybe Bandana Dee with his spear.
Hey that's more than what Shiek can say lol.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion

Adventures:

Assault:

Command:
-She wants attention
-Fox says no
-breaks up with him
-gets laughed at

The Kursed ending isn't canon to the series!!!!!!!!

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

Adventures:

Assault:

Command:
-She wants attention
-Fox says no
-breaks up with him
-gets laughed at

Krystal completes star fox in a way, lets compare it to mario.
We have the main character = Mario/Fox
The sidekick = Luigi/Falco
The love interest = Peach/Krystal
and the villain = Bowser/Wolf
Having krystal would complete this

Also from all the star fox characters she has the most potential to be unique even if other characters use a staff, I imagine krystal would use it differently then palutena or bandana dee

Last edited:

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Man, the Great Fox must've gotten a polish from the HD station.

I do wonder something though. Sakurai mentioned that this is the Assault version of the Great Fox. Does this mean that it is possible for Aparoids to appear as stage hazards?

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
It's probably just a neat visual effect Sakurai threw in when you enter pause camera mode. Although a reveal trailer sounds nice right about now.
Well, there are no characters on the stage. If it's not an FMV then maybe it's the image on the stage selection screen?

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Krystal completes star fox in a way, lets compare it to mario.
We have the main character = Mario/Fox
The sidekick = Luigi/Falco
The love interest = Peach/Krystal
and the villain = Bowser/Wolf
Having krystal would complete this

Also from all the star fox characters she has the most potential to be unique even if other characters use a staff, I imagine krystal would use it differently then palutena or bandana dee
That why Wolf need to return. and Falco... Hehhhh.
Star Fox Wii U is alredy confirmed.

Top Bottom