• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 22nd

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
actually i believe he'll do so...
If you see how Mario Kart has updated her Retro tracks and turned out great, Smash could have some of her great retro stages as well with a new look.
Lets hope for that smash deserves update on stages just as much as the characters and the game modes

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
Well, we already know Battlefield and Final Destination got updates, and every stage has a Final Destination Form. It seems likely that other stages will be updated as well, since they already have to make Final Destination versions for them, and there is precedence.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
That is one sexy ship. Glad to see that we'll still have the Great Fox as a stage platform.

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Beautiful stage! Also notice the Challenger banners are gone already...

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Well, we already know Battlefield and Final Destination got updates, and every stage has a Final Destination Form. It seems likely that other stages will be updated as well, since they already have to make Final Destination versions for them, and there is precedence.
Come to think of it, what're they gonna do to the Great Fox on the FD version, chop the ship into pieces and still have it drift through space?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm glad we finally got a stage and Star Fox no less. Now, let's see some Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and 3DS Metroid love!

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
How would everyone feel if Krystal is in as an alternate costume for Fox?

Raykushi

Smash Cadet
I've been waiting forever for Starfox news. I'm really hoping to see what Starfox characters are in the game. Krystal plz

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Implying Slippy would be skilled enough to pilot an Arwing without Fox to get the enemies off his tail.
Just like every other team member you help in Starfox right? Wasn't Peppy the character you helped the most?

I hope if we do get a 4th starfox character it's Slippy and not Krystal. Her importance is WAY over exaggerated and doesn't deserve anything more than being a trophy or in a codec. Also Sakurai hasn't hinted only Krystal as a 2nd character to be revealed. One of the veterans come first, then it's fair game for anyone from the series.

Last edited:

Raykushi

Smash Cadet
Just like every other team member you help in Starfox right? Wasn't Peppy the character you helped the most?

I hope if we do get a 4th starfox character it's Slippy and not Krystal. Her importance is WAY over exaggerated and doesn't deserve anything more than being a trophy or in a codec.
Krystal is basically the reason an entire game in the Starfox series even happened. Slippy just gets his ass chased by 'bogies'.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Krystal is basically the reason an entire game in the Starfox series even happened. Slippy just gets his *** chased by 'bogies'.
You need better bait. Apply yourself.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
When you don't play as Fox, he'll fly one of the arwings. When you play as Fox, Alfonzo will take the air instead. "Leave it to me!" :troll:

Last edited:

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
What would a smash game be without some lovely great fox? Ah, Loved this stage so much all throughout, even though they aren't competitively viable. It's probably my favorite staple.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I wonder what the FD version of this stage would be like? A floating, large platform with jets in the back?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Bout time we saw some Star Fox love.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Lot of fans hated Venom as a stage, I'm going to bet it'll be exactly like Corneria/Sector Z from 64/Melee (Corneria's stage replaced Sector Z from SSB64).
Maybe the ship will turn both sides and it will be a stage that's Venom AND Corneria combined. Is that possible? Sakurai likes to play with his casual stages you know.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If I'm not mistaken, I believe the exact quote from the Direct was that "most" stages would have a FD form.
Hence why I said "would" instead of "will". It seems too awkward as a FD stage. That and Spirit Tracks IMO.

Last edited:

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Will it be venom style or cornaria style....im hoping for venom style..i loved that stage in melee

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hence why I said "would" instead of "will". It seems too awkward as a FD stage. That and Spirit Tracks IMO.
Spirit Tracks does have a FD form, though. If you check the 3DS version trailer shown at E3, you can briefly see a For Glory match about to be spectated and the stage chosen is the Spirit Train.

Anyway, I'm not too excited for this stage. The image makes it very unclear about how it will work. It looks really cool, though.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
This made me happy...ish. I won't complain, but I would have liked a different stage from the past two games, maybe one that takes place on Dinosaur Planet, or one of the ground levels from Star Fox Assault... I mean, it is the most beautiful looking Star Fox stage in the series to date, though from the looks of it. :falco:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Spirit Tracks does have a FD form, though. If you check the 3DS version trailer shown at E3, you can briefly see a For Glory match about to be spectated and the stage chosen is the Spirit Train.

Anyway, I'm not too excited for this stage. The image makes it very unclear about how it will work. It looks really cool, though.
Nice. I'll take a look!

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
You all know what this means, right?

Down Taunt conversations. Aw yeah!

Top Bottom