• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - January 31st

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
Reward for taking damage again? I'm done.
I don't get why people are upset about this, you can't change the character from how he is in his own universe besides changing the size slightly to fit.

no matter how good of a player you are, you will always get hit and get KOed

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Cool. I'm really happy about the aura buff. It is also good to see Lucario returning, it gives me hope that other likely cut characters will return as well :)

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
This was unexpected but I think it is a great veteran to return.

Still don'tt know why people think mewtwo is returning :/

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Oh boy! Lucario, the steel/dancing Pokemon with the ballerina fighting moves and comeback mechanic is back! Rejoice everyone!

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Well this was a surprise.
I can't believe people are complaining about Lucario's return.
After Toon Link I'm not really expecting cuts anyway.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Am I the only one not surprised? I was surprised by the day he was revealed but there was no reason to cut him anyways.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I think they should have used the aura idea on Blaziken with his Blaze ability. "Powers up fire-type moves in a pinch" Also they should give Ike the wrath ability so he can have more of a sweet spot when over 100% damage or so.

Also it's clear Lucario will always have priority over Mewtwo at this point. Just look at what happened with brawl.

DiamondDust

Prime Time Player
NNID
MaysTheCraze
Should we be more worried over the fact Lucario's aura is getting buffed instead of all complaining he's back in the game?!!!!

No, but seriously, this is cool. However, I wonder if we won't be getting a new Pokemon rep at all. I don't mind Mewtwo probably getting axed again. I got Project M for that.

Justin Bailey

Smash Cadet
Everyone here complaining about either Lucario's mechanics, Mewtwo not being confirmed, or Lucario just being in the game...

...and I'm here wondering would Lucario Mega evolve.

WhiteRaven

Smash Rookie
NNID
WhiteRaven
How about they just replace the Pokemon trainer with Mewtwo. That way we get the best of both worlds; Lucario and Mewtwo. Honestly didn't care for Pokemon trainer one bit.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I seriously doubt this means the lack of a Pokemon newcomer, but I do gotta wonder why show Lucario was shown before any of the other vets... I guess I get Jiggles since she's always (inexplicably) a secret character, but Pokemon Trainer? I wanna believe he's either been revamped or axed in favor of another Pokemon rep. Though I'd rather the former.

JOE!

Smash Hero
If anything, I could see Pokemon Trainer being the new rep: just like 5th gen or 6th gen trainer with the respective starters (Oshawott / Servine / Emboar ||| Froakie / Braixen / Chesnaught)

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
If anything, I could see Pokemon Trainer being the new rep: just like 5th gen or 6th gen trainer with the respective starters (Oshawott / Servine / Emboar ||| Froakie / Braixen / Chesnaught)
The first gen starters are way more iconic and popular plus they're not gonna get rid of charizard, people will (use) fly to japan and murder them

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Hells naw, if Pokemon Trainer get the Gen VI treatment, he NEEDS to have Greninja.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
But I still like gen 3 more. Anyway, maybe if PT is coming back, make it that after Charizard uses fly, he can glide. Squirtle should also have his iconic sunglasses.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Hells naw, if Pokemon Trainer get the Gen VI treatment, he NEEDS to have Greninja.
Actually, given the sizes and such it -could- work as Greninja / Delphox / Chesnaught as a speed / range / tank setup near identical to Brawl's PT design.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand how this decreases Mewtwo's chances in fact I think it increases it even more. I'm going to copy and paste my reasoning from another forum as to why I think this could actually be good for Mewtwo.

"Considering Mario was bumped to 5, I can easily see Pokemon getting the same treatment. Of course, this isn't definite but it seems pretty likely. Mewtwo still has his own merits to get into Smash. He is still insanely popular and obviously still relevant with the newest movies and Pokemon X and Y. Not to mention, there is newfound potential with Mewtwo given Mega Mewtwo if his old moveset is considered lackluster by Sakurai.

Actually, I think Lucario being released early IS good news for Mewtwo. Sakurai probably knows already how much Mewtwo vs. Lucario would excite people. This case is actually starting to remind me of a certain happening before Rosalina was revealed. I don't know about you, but I really felt Peach was revealed for no apparent reason other than getting the veteran Mario characters set before revealing Rosalina (Super Mario anniversary was never mentioned). Just a theory but I think Sakurai is setting us up for something at E3 maybe. I wouldn't be surprised if we actually got Pokemon Trainer and Jigglypuff soon now. Anyways, if we do get a 5th Pokemon rep, it's probably going to be Mewtwo."

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
I seriously doubt this means the lack of a Pokemon newcomer, but I do gotta wonder why show Lucario was shown before any of the other vets... I guess I get Jiggles since she's always (inexplicably) a secret character, but Pokemon Trainer? I wanna believe he's either been revamped or axed in favor of another Pokemon rep. Though I'd rather the former.
Pokemon Trainer, the current one, is both a representation of the starters of the first generation, including Charizard that is one of the most popular pokemon and representation of Red the first playable pokemon trainer, the human part of the pokemon universe, a champion. So i do think that it must stay.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Pokemon Trainer, the current one, is both a representation of the starters of the first generation, including Charizard that is one of the most popular pokemon and representation of Red the first playable pokemon trainer, the human part of the pokemon universe, a champion. So i do think that it must stay.
He does do the best job in my opinion of repping Pokemon as a game series and not as a TV show, so I do think he's likely to stay in as well. I don't think the gen aspect is as important though, I could see them mixing up his Pokes, though I will agree Charizard is almost a guarantee.

Renji64

Smash Lord
but the real reason vBrawl Lucario is bad is because he is extremely over-reliant on the brawl aura system. Like the brawl aura mechanic is similar to the X factor, where the more you've been outplayed the more it helps you. That's a fine mechanic on its own, but having to rely on it for optimal results is terrible, because the most optimal performance from you character should be when you're never outplayed. But if vBrawl lucario is never outplayed he's extremely weak and cant combo or kill. This sucks..

link2702

Smash Champion
yay, lucario and his poorly designed aura mechanic is back!

:facepalm:

just an FYI, i don't have an issue with lucario himself returning, i have it with his lousy aura mechanic.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
yay, lucario and his poorly designed aura mechanic is back!

:facepalm:

just an FYI, i don't have an issue with lucario himself returning, i have it with his lousy aura mechanic.
Well he says it's getting buffed what that means exactly I have no idea

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
but the real reason vBrawl Lucario is bad is because he is extremely over-reliant on the brawl aura system. Like the brawl aura mechanic is similar to the X factor, where the more you've been outplayed the more it helps you. That's a fine mechanic on its own, but having to rely on it for optimal results is terrible, because the most optimal performance from you character should be when you're never outplayed. But if vBrawl lucario is never outplayed he's extremely weak and cant combo or kill. This sucks..
He can combo regardless of the situation, but I do agree with the rest of the statement.

link2702

Smash Champion
Well he says it's getting buffed what that means exactly I have no idea
which only makes his mechanic even dumber.

lucario's aura mechanic in an nutshell, basically "rewards" players for playing like crap; "so if i get hit more and play sloppy i get rewarded with more damage? :D" its a poor design that only encourages sloppy play, as opposed to discourage it.

making it stronger is just making the problem far worse.

Top Bottom