• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - January 31st

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. The heroic Aura Pokémon, Lucario, joins the battle!! We've increased the influence of Aura this time, so a damaged Lucario is truly a force to be reckoned with."

He also added "Lucario joined the battle for the first time in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which was released six years ago. The production staff of Brawl worked really hard to expand the character roster--without their efforts, Lucario probably never would have joined the battle."

Brawl was released in Japan 6 years ago today!

Lizalfos

Smash Master
It is nice they buffed the main quirk of the character. people who were hoping for Mew 2 are probably very worried now.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Oh boy he's back <3. But now the panic of mewtwo not making it........ is also back..........

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
Damn, the site rarely uploads screens so fast. Lol they made SURE we knew about this...I am trying contain my hype cause its like 2 am :)

Welcome back Lucario, can't wait to use your combos again

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
AHAHAHAHAHA
SUCK IT EVERYONE THAT THOUGHT HE WASN"T GONNA GET IN.
GET WRECKED

:lucario::lucario::lucario::lucario::lucario:

and yo, mewtwo peeps got nothing to worry about imo.
Sakurai always adds another pokemon character each year. I ain't exactly a fan em, but it'd be pretty rediculous if he didn't get in.

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
A Lucario reveal before Jigglypuff? That seems a bit odd...is Jigg returning still? Hmm...I could care less though. She'll probably get in just because she was in the first game, which is kinda annoying but w/e. I'm glad Lucario is back, he was a cool character and pretty fun to play as. I just hope Mewtwo will be able to return so we can have the fated Lucario vs Mewtwo showdown.

If Mewtwo doesn't make it in I swear...BTW, does anyone know if Mewtwo is the most requested Sm4sh character worldwide? What is Japan's?

Lizalfos

Smash Master
AHAHAHAHAHA
SUCK IT EVERYONE THAT THOUGHT HE WASN"T GONNA GET IN.
GET WRECKED

:lucario::lucario::lucario::lucario::lucario:

and yo, mewtwo peeps got nothing to worry about imo.
Sakurai always adds another pokemon character each year. I ain't exactly a fan em, but it'd be pretty rediculous if he didn't get in.
Thats a good point. If Lucario is in and he is a veteran now then who is the newcomer? Could they just neglect a Pokemon newcomer in favor bringing Mewtwo back?

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Thats a good point. If Lucario is in and he is a veteran now then who is the newcomer? Could they just neglect a Pokemon newcomer in favor bringing Mewtwo back?
I'd think so. I mean, who else would it be? Only other one I can think of is zoroark, who's popularity isn't nearly as high as lucario or mewtwo.

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
My interest in this game just went soaring...down.
Waste of a slot.
State your reason why? He was a good character in brawl and they gave him plenty love in Project M, he isn't taking anyone's spot by being in the game

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
alright! 2 character releases in 1 month! sakurai is upping his release schedule!
and how tight does that aura look in HD!

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
State your reason why? He was a good character in brawl and they gave him plenty love in Project M, he isn't taking anyone's spot by being in the game
I thought he was really boring in Brawl and PM doesn't matter. A character obviously takes up development time and I think that time could be going into maybe not just another character, but something else entirely.
As a one time character, he's interesting, but I feel as if he's over staying his welcome now.
I'm also not a huge Pokemon fan but his design just seems incredibly silly. And what is with this "Aura" anyways?
I could get that he was in Brawl because he was a more relevant Pokemon at the time. Heck, he had a whole movie. But if I'm not mistaken, 2 generations have passed since his debut in Pokemon, right? Shouldn't it be time to have a more relevant rep?
He just really doesn't seem that interesting.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
with the faster game speed, i can see lucario moving up a notch in the tier list, as well as the aura system getting a major buff.

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
I thought he was really boring in Brawl and PM doesn't matter. A character obviously takes up development time and I think that time could be going into maybe not just another character, but something else entirely.
As a one time character, he's interesting, but I feel as if he's over staying his welcome now.
I'm also not a huge Pokemon fan but his design just seems incredibly silly. And what is with this "Aura" anyways?
I could get that he was in Brawl because he was a more relevant Pokemon at the time. Heck, he had a whole movie. But if I'm not mistaken, 2 generations have passed since his debut in Pokemon, right? Shouldn't it be time to have a more relevant rep?
He just seems that way to you and don't let one character drag you down because there aren't any relevant pokemon reps to behonest. The most recent ones that stand are Lucario and Mewtwo not to mention they got re-introduced because of Pokémon X and Y and their Mega Evoltions

While is design is silly, that is what smash is, its a silly game so he fits well that Aura thing is something along the lines of energy that everyone has in the pokemon universe. Its like Kai in DBZ.

He has a solid following and people love playing as him and really love seeing fights of him vs mewtwo because they are the most popular Pokémon reps besides Pikachu

I get what your saying dood, but don't worry about him, if he isn't your thing, you still have a cast that is like over 20 strong and growing.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Haha, cmon man, what "relevant" reps are there after gen 4 that are as popular as lucario? They shub a lucario in your face every game. One of the first megas revealed to generate hype was megalucario. The first pokemon in x and y thats given to you is also a mega lucario.

Riolu's have also consistantly appeared in the most recent games starting areas due to his popularity.

Too add to this, pokemon recently showcased a trailer of "What the futre offers" for future generations. the pokemon they put in it was lucario and blaziken. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLRSjIT1QS4

And to top it off, the most merchandize made of any pokemon that isn't a starter is lucario. I'd also argue theres more fan art of him then most gen 4 and above pokemon too out there.

The way I see it the only other pokemon mascot that's "relevant" from the last 2 gens is zoroark, and his popularity pales in comparison.

The only other viable pick for a pokemon character slot would be mewtwo, and he's still not exactly out of the race yet.

Just saying.
Lucario is not anywhere near "irrelevant" nor does any pokemon after gen 4 trump him in relevance.

I can understand your upset if he doesn't click with ya, but there are people out there that want him in. Me included. :T but whatever character your hoping to get in still has there chances. Can't like em all, yea?

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Lucario is a super popular Pokemon who was decent in brawl, and he maintains some individuality with his ability to grow stronger as he takes damage (which Sakurai buffed). His addition isn't any worse than the inclusion of other Brawl newcomers like Pit, Olimar, Sonic, and DeDeDe.

kingsharkboi

Smash Rookie
I was never the biggest Poke-fan after Gen 2 but even I know that Lucario was far from some random humanoid pokemon they picked out of the blue. He's got his fans and even the Poke-developers seem to love him above average.
Every Pokemon in Smash has had a reason for being there, mostly due to cultural popularity reasons (except maybe pichu the joke character). I think Sakurai would save the 12 year return of Mewtwo for a bigger, better day..
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/46/Pokémon_Mewtwo_Returns.JPG.

Antexerxes

Training Partner?
NNID
Orochi-Aizen
3DS FC
2509-3490-1795
Hmm.....this isn't a bad reveal. 22 confirms so far, two of which can be end up being clones again. There are still 15 (17 if including Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard as singles) total characters with original move sets from Brawl and Melee (Mewtwo being the only one) that can still make it in. Out of those 15, I doubt Poke Trainer and Snake make a return. Brawl had 14 newcomers, and I don't believe this number will be dumbed down by much, if at all. Plenty of fighters can still be brought to the table!!

Reoyoshi8

Smash Apprentice
...what is silly about his design?
He's a pokemon, they all look silly.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I ***** told you people. Smh to everyone who said Lucario wasnt making it back because M2 was coming... Smh.

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
Hmm.....this isn't a bad reveal. 22 confirms so far, two of which can be end up being clones again. There are still 15 (17 if including Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard as singles) total characters with original move sets from Brawl and Melee (Mewtwo being the only one) that can still make it in. Out of those 15, I doubt Poke Trainer and Snake make a return. Brawl had 14 newcomers, and I don't believe this number will be dumbed down by much, if at all. Plenty of fighters can still be brought to the table!!
Sakurai keeps saying he doesn't want clones and we don't see much of the attacks of the "clones" when was the last time we saw Toon Link do a real move around a month after his reveal?

His moveset has changed at least enough to be original, plus he hasn't officially shown any other clones in the game, TL is the only one that would be considered a clone and yet we see very little of his moves since his reveal

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Eh, I'm not big on Lucario, but I've got no issue with him being in. I just hope there's still the chance for Mewtwo. Especially since he has two different mega evolutions that could be a Final Smash, and well, it's Mewtwo... but, that's for another topic. On Lucario, I have a feeling his buff for when he's damaged enough is going to get annoying, or make him a bit more troublesome to deal with. lol

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Crap. Just crap. I am furious beyond words. Lucario was not a good inclusion in Brawl. His quirk actually rewarded you for getting punched around like a Sandbag. I'd rather have them remove the quirk or have them reward you for hitting people. The last thing I wanted them to do was make his quirk better. And now that this bumbling bag of sand got in, I'm severely worried about Mewtwo. I still think he has an extremely high chance of making it, but from what I can tell, the last characters you expect to be added are being added in this game. Oh, c'mon Mewtwo... if he doesn't make it then I'll be even angrier than the time Rosalina made it in.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
So he's back -_- honestly, I should've expected this since there's been no new pokemon reveals till now. 98 percent sure diddy will be next month then. Back to Lucario, I never cared for him. But the fact that they increased the power of aura worries me since it was powerful enough in brawl....

Last edited:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Im glad hes back, i love fighting lucario and people that played him in brawl were always chill. Im more worried about his upb being crappy though...however with thr new ledge mechanics hes already got a good buff that he desperately needed

artofskjet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
napperflames
3DS FC
4141-3810-2708
It is nice they buffed the main quirk of the character. people who were hoping for Mew 2 are probably very worried now.
Not really mewtwo still has a shot maybe he's doing a mega battle between brawl and meele also mewtwo was featured in a poke movie and game recently so he's got a better shot

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
Crap. Just crap. I am furious beyond words. Lucario was not a good inclusion in Brawl. His quirk actually rewarded you for getting punched around like a Sandbag. I'd rather have them remove the quirk or have them reward you for hitting people. The last thing I wanted them to do was make his quirk better. And now that this bumbling bag of sand got in, I'm severely worried about Mewtwo. I still think he has an extremely high chance of making it, but from what I can tell, the last characters you expect to be added are being added in this game. Oh, c'mon Mewtwo... if he doesn't make it then I'll be even angrier than the time Rosalina made it in.
You sir do not like Smash Brothers, being upset that 2 characters made it in when they are the most unique ones that have been in it. Lucario was a good character to use and while he was a "sandbag" to, that just means you didn't listen to Isai and didn't get it hit.

Why would you be worried about Mewtwo, people are crying about that but why? Mewtwo is still slightly more popular than him and they still want him in. If you don't know how to play as Lucario and lose his design to your advantage fine then but don't spout that crap with characters like Jigglypuff in Melee who are higher tier and MetaKnight in brawl (its hard to get combos on him but hit him and he does go flying)

Smash fans are so sensative

Top Bottom