• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - February 27th

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
i would actually want Ashley over Mona but anyway im glad she's assist gives her chance if they ever make another smash
Yeah I much more prefer Ashley over Mona too but as we both know... *sniff* she's just an assist trophy! :sadeyes: so I guess that leaves us with runner ups like Mona, Penny, Kat & Ana, Young Cricket, etc.

Now if Wario Ware does get a solid representation in the form of a playable character, out of all those I only see Mona making the grade; she's been the poster girl for every Wario Ware game since the 1st!

Although... now that I think about it... Kat & Ana were Assist trophies from the last game like little Mac was... :eek: Maybe they have good chance to replace the freakin Ice chumpies!
Or not.
Either way I think we both want a Wario Ware character to make a playable appearance. Would that be right to assume? :rotfl:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Yeah I much more prefer Ashley over Mona too but as we both know... *sniff* she's just an assist trophy! :sadeyes: so I guess that leaves us with runner ups like Mona, Penny, Kat & Ana, Young Cricket, etc.

Now if Wario Ware does get a solid representation in the form of a playable character, out of all those I only see Mona making the grade; she's been the poster girl for every Wario Ware game since the 1st!

Although... now that I think about it... Kat & Ana were Assist trophies from the last game like little Mac was... :eek: Maybe they have good chance to replace the freakin Ice chumpies!
Or not.
Either way I think we both want a Wario Ware character to make a playable appearance. Would that be right to assume? :rotfl:
I say young cricket but im not sakurai

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
That hurt. Badly… :(

I had TWO characters for my wish list. Little Mac and Waluigi, we got one of them, but the other, is still an assist trophy… I guess Waluigi's last chance of being playable is Project M, but even then the chances are extremely slim. Smash 4 will be good, but without the Wa, it will be missing a little something to me...

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Lol, some of these comments are almost miiverse bad. Saying "waluigi didn't deserve a spot" then listing other characters you want revealed that deserve it even less. 'Guess who I want, I want Goomba, Dry bones, and Birdo revealed.' (Sarcasm) Pssshh, they totally deserve a spot!

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Geno is not going to happen for multiple reasons. Waluigi didn't have much hope being playable as well. Obscure characters aren't going to have much chance to be playable because there isn't a big enough cult following them as well as being able to fit in a Smash environment. There is somebody that I'd like to see as a newcomer, but people would think King Hyrule to be an obscure character. :p

Prim3MavericK

Smash Cadet
My friend is gonna throw the hissiest of fits. He was really hoping Waluigi would join the roster. I guess that means we wont see him in tournament play.

domriver

Smash Lord
Geno is not going to happen for multiple reasons. Waluigi didn't have much hope being playable as well. Obscure characters aren't going to have much chance to be playable because there isn't a big enough cult following them as well as being able to fit in a Smash environment. There is somebody that I'd like to see as a newcomer, but people would think King Hyrule to be an obscure character. :p
I wouldn't dismiss Geno's chances of being a playable character. Unlike WaLuigi , Geno was among the top 5 most requested characters during Pre-Brawl. Waluigi didn't even make it that list of most requested. Only 2 people didn't make it from the top 5 Geno and Ridley. King Dedede,Captain Olimar, and Diddy Kong were the ones that got in Brawl.

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I wouldn't dismiss Geno's chances of being a playable character. Unlike WaLuigi , Geno was among the top 5 most requested characters during Pre-Brawl. Waluigi didn't even make it that list of most requested. Only 2 people didn't make it from the top 5 Geno and Ridley, King Dedede,Captain Olimar, and Diddy Kong were the ones that got in Brawl.
Geno is a square character not a nintendo character if anything it's up to them since they developed the game nintendo only publish the game and gave them rights to use mario characters

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Good Game Sakurai.

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
My heart dropped. My favorite Mario "bro" and one of my favorite video game characters ever is an assist trophy...again. Has no one else played Mario Strikers? That game alone showed me why Waluigi is the man. He's cocky and thinks he's big sh*t. I like that. Not only that, he's a troll "You want the ball? Here! *Throws at their face*" He has the best philosophy: If he loses, someone cheated. Love it. This guy's personality is so much more appealing to me than Mario. He's awesome. Even the way he carries himself, he has legitimate swagger. Much more than Mario. I don't know why they have yet to give Waluigi his time to shine...he has sooo much potential.

My god what a badass. Waluigi forever...maybe next time buddy.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
his model looks really nice same and the animations look like they're gonna look as wacky as ever

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Thank the good Lord! :')
If he became a playable character while Ashley didn't I don't know what I would do! >_<
... ...
Am I the only one who is still bummed out that Ashley isn't playable?
I hope Mona makes it in...
Shake King or Capt. Syrup too.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
That makes three assist trophies that have no excuse not to be playable.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Someone get me a ticket to Japan...

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Screw all you waluigi haters, he will always be way cooler than rosalina, as much as I'm a little dissapointed about him not being playable in this game, I'm happy to know that he is at least in it. On a side note waluigi is deserving of his own game in every way! Or at least as a playable character in a mario or wario adventure platformer.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I have to say, I never expected to see Waluigi playable, after all, we got all the playable Mario characters confirmed, and Rosalina was the 5th, there is no way they're having 6 Mario characters.

Therefore I'm not surprised to Waluigi a Assist Trophy, I'm focusing on Waluigi's brother, Wario being revealed as a playable character, and maybe he'll have a Waluigi color scheme.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I feel like this should hurt less than the Skull Kid reveal given that Waluigi was already an AT. Then again I wasn't on Smash Boards back then so I wouldn't know.

Still, I know the feels Waluigi fans, I know the feels.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just to clarify, I never said I disliked Waluigi. More, I don't really care for him. As a character, he is a blank slate. There is nothing to really like, besides his voice. Literally the only hint of a distinct personality he has is in Mario Stirkers Charged, where he is cocky and makes certain suggestive actions. The idea of Waluigi being a sleaze, always trying to impress the ladies (including Rosalina - I hear RosalinaxWaluigi is actually a popular ship!), is actually really funny to me, and I think it would be the perfect complement to Wario's greediness. But as of now, he is literally just Wario #2. He was only ever created because Wario needed a partner in Mario Tennis. And I don't think Nintendo would go through with portraying an outright sleaze in the Mario games.

Rosalina just had way more to her. She was a character with a backstory, some melancholy, poignancy, and just displayed a varied personality across the board, with a lot of genuinely interesting character traits. Normally, we only get that in Mario RPGs/Paper Mario, within the Mario universe, and it was really nice to see Miyamoto try to inject an interesting story into the Mario platformers through Rosalina. And I still think people saying she looks like Peach is ridiculous. She looks a bit like Peach by virtue of being drawn in the same art style, but she has lots of distinctive features compared to Peach. They give off a totally different vibe, too (Peach is all cute and perky, Rosalina is mostly reserved and somber). Waluigi is literally just "skinny Wario" to me, in terms of his appearance, with a purple outfit.

Even before her reveal, I knew Rosalina could be really unique, and she was at the top of my wishlist. I seem to be the only one to remember that she obliterated Bowser's fleet like it was nothing. THAT is someone who classifies as fighter material.

But hey, anyone upset about Rosalina getting in over Waluigi can always just spawn him while she's in a fight and watch him stamp her into the ground in anger! :p

Last edited:

NinthWonder

Smash Apprentice
Gonna step in and give my two cents here.

Judging by the work that has been done for Project M, Waluigi had the potential to be a very unique character. Does this mean I wanted him in? No. Did I absolutely hate him and wanted to kill anyone that supported him? No. I was indifferent. If he got in, I wouldn't cry and throw a fit over it, and I wouldn't do that if he DIDN'T get in either.

Now I'm going to get on people's nerves even more by saying I personally don't know about the Wii Fit Trainer. Mega Man was an obvious pick, the Villager is an interesting choice, Rosalina is... eh, I'm indifferent. But the Trainer comes way out of left field, and while the moveset and all looks special, that slot could have gone to a more deserving character. Do I mean Waluigi? No.

Also, a thing people should take into account is that a lot of the characters you're suggesting are pretty unrealistic. I'm not talking about Ridley, but more about choices like Kystal and a bunch of Fire Emblem characters, stuff like that. They're not 'big' enough and possibly not popular enough. Keep in mind why Sakurai refused to make Waluigi a roster character: probably due to the lack of strong presence.

But I'm not hating on anyone just because they want a character in. I don't understand why Waluigi was such a feared character to be a part of the roster considering he IS an important figure in the Mario party-themed games and such, and with Wario being his partner, I can see why he would fit.

tl;dr Stop crying, it's kinda pathetic.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Lets just hope he adds tetra with no zelda that's all im saying
I never thought of this but tetra would be a cool addition. I'd kinda rather her be the Windwaker rep over Toon Link honestly purely because she could be more unique. I don't see any shot of her being in the game so at least we do have toon link.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I never thought of this but tetra would be a cool addition. I'd kinda rather her be the Windwaker rep over Toon Link honestly purely because she could be more unique. I don't see any shot of her being in the game so at least we do have toon link.
But we also have no shot of link on her ship that brings questioning is sakurai waiting for moment to show her??

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wii Fit Trainer was just so out of left field it was brilliant. It was genius. And seeing some people get SO angry over it made me laugh.

Technically, she deserves it. Everyone and their grandmother bought Wii Fit.

Regarding this Waluigi picture, one thing bothers me - his hands. That's some N64 hand right there. It is incredibly jarring.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Wii Fit Trainer was just so out of left field it was brilliant. It was genius. And seeing some people get SO angry over it made me laugh.

Technically, she deserves it. Everyone and their grandmother bought Wii Fit.

Regarding this Waluigi picture, one thing bothers me - his hands. That's some N64 hand right there. It is incredibly jarring.
Agreed on Wii Fit Trainer.

And yeah, that hand was real annoying at first, especially consider the rest of the model, and the other AT's we've seen, are quite detailed.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
That makes three assist trophies that have no excuse not to be playable.
Skull Kid only had a significant role in one game and that was because of Majora's Mask taking him over. So, frankly it should be Majora and not Skull Kid that "deserves" to be playable. Ashley is one character that I was disappointed to not see be playable, I will admit. Even so, I got over it with the fact that I have Mario, Link, Sonic, Mega Man, and now Rosalina to master with.

Waluigi is just a side character for Sports/Kart racing/Mario Party. He really is a bland character who could have been involved in Wario's universe, but Nintendo chose not to do so. I don't hate Waluigi, but I also don't care for him since he is just like Daisy. A throw-in character for partnering up in spin-offs that Nintendo could just easily drop into a black hole and can live without. I know it seems harsh, but it's true.

Gonna step in and give my two cents here.

I don't understand why Waluigi was such a feared character to be a part of the roster considering he IS an important figure in the Mario party-themed games and such, and with Wario being his partner, I can see why he would fit.

tl;dr Stop crying, it's kinda pathetic.
It's not that people fear him to be a part of the roster. It's more along the lines of him being a waste of a character slot because he literally is just a tennis partner for Wario and has been only seen in kart racing as well as other party themed game. If he was put in the roster, then I wouldn't cry about it. I would be disappointed though, but I would still play the game regardless. Also, all characters are important in Mario Party/sports/kart games.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I hate to see what'll happen when Ridley's role is revealed...:urg:
Oh it will turn out amazing or terrible. I'm a ridley fan but not a die hard fan of his. I hope he shows up but if he doesn't then just think how pissed most the community will be, ill be a little upset.
Anyways I liked waluigi but I think they could add more important characters than him. Now if the miis get in I will be so upset cause they are nothing special.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Oh it will turn out amazing or terrible. I'm a ridley fan but not a die hard fan of his. I hope he shows up but if he doesn't then just think how pissed most the community will be, ill be a little upset.
Anyways I liked waluigi but I think they could add more important characters than him. Now if the miis get in I will be so upset cause they are nothing special.
I think it'll be terrible regardless. Supporters will brag, or naysayers will rub it in faces. But either way, people WILL take it too seriously.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ridley deserves to be in the game in terms of how iconic he is, but I am part of the group who sees it as it may be too difficult and too awkward to implement him as a playable character. I would be fine with it if Sakurai did manage to make him playable, but I just doubt it will happen, and I PERSONALLY don't really need him. He isn't on my wishlist. I haven't properly gotten around to the Metroid series yet, so I have no attachment to him. Well, he was one of my favourite bosses in Brawl, as was Meta Ridley. Though I just hope there are boss fights, and Ridley returns as one, as well as being a stage hazard on Pyrosphere. Ridley is probably too big to be a playable character (and don't bring up the Melee opening or his NES appearance - he looked stupid as hell in both cases. He's not cartoony like Kirby, Olimar, and Bowser, so resizing him isn't so simple, his anatomy is built for a giant). But I would consider a boss role to be just as good as being a playable character. It's a way of representing gigantic characters.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I think it'll be terrible regardless. Supporters will brag, or naysayers will rub it in faces. But either way, people WILL take it too seriously.
When that day comes, I'll be ready cause more than likely his announcement or announced to not be in the game will take place at E3.
Ridley deserves to be in the game in terms of how iconic he is, but I am part of the group who sees it as it may be too difficult and too awkward to implement him as a playable character. I would be fine with it if Sakurai did manage to make him playable, but I just doubt it will happen, and I PERSONALLY don't really need him. He isn't on my wishlist. I haven't properly gotten around to the Metroid series yet, so I have no attachment to him. Well, he was one of my favourite bosses in Brawl, as was Meta Ridley. Though I just hope there are boss fights, and Ridley returns as one, as well as being a stage hazard on Pyrosphere. Ridley is probably too big to be a playable character (and don't bring up the Melee opening or his NES appearance - he looked stupid as hell in both cases. He's not cartoony like Kirby, Olimar, and Bowser, so resizing him isn't so simple, his anatomy is built for a giant). But I would consider a boss role to be just as good as being a playable character. It's a way of representing gigantic characters.
Go to the ridley thread and you'll find that his other m design fits perfectly when he is resized. He is still bigger than bowser but if Sakurai wants him in the game it doesn't matter what the size is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom