• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - February 27th

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Go to the ridley thread and you'll find that his other m design fits perfectly when he is resized. He is still bigger than bowser but if Sakurai wants him in the game it doesn't matter what the size is.
Except that he is still over 3 times Samus' size in Other M and that she could fit in his mouth as a snack. xD It's his anatomy that's the problem. However, I'm just gonna not speak further for it. I'm sort of more on the fence of wishing that Ridley is in but as a boss or a stage hazard. I'd avoid the Smashboards for a year because a lot of supporters will have that "I told you so." mindset if he is put on the roster. :p

ZexM

Smash Cadet
That's a shame. You figure he would be an obvious addition to the game, considering the last line up. I would be curious to see what "official" moveset he would have and what real havoc he can reap on the rest of the SSB cast

ZexM

Smash Cadet
That's a shame. You figure he would be an obvious addition to the game, considering the last line up. I would be curious to see what "official" moveset he would have and what real havoc he can reap on the rest of the SSB cast

NinthWonder

Smash Apprentice
Look up the fan-made Project M model for him on YouTube, he has his own moveset and such.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Wii Fit Trainer coming out of field? Well, you know who else came as a surprise? ROB and Game & Watch, and the community loved them after the games were released.
And the argument against WFT that "they could have used that spot for another "deserving character" is flawed; since you can't assume that her absence would have meant the appearance of another "deserving" character. She is not taking anyone else's place; for instance, Waluigi never had a shot regardless if WFT or Rosalina weren't in the game.
Oh, and when you say another "deserving" character, you are also making the mistake of putting your opinion above the rest of the fans and the developers.

Last edited:

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
Gonna step in and give my two cents here.

Judging by the work that has been done for Project M, Waluigi had the potential to be a very unique character. Does this mean I wanted him in? No. Did I absolutely hate him and wanted to kill anyone that supported him? No. I was indifferent. If he got in, I wouldn't cry and throw a fit over it, and I wouldn't do that if he DIDN'T get in either.

Now I'm going to get on people's nerves even more by saying I personally don't know about the Wii Fit Trainer. Mega Man was an obvious pick, the Villager is an interesting choice, Rosalina is... eh, I'm indifferent. But the Trainer comes way out of left field, and while the moveset and all looks special, that slot could have gone to a more deserving character. Do I mean Waluigi? No.

Also, a thing people should take into account is that a lot of the characters you're suggesting are pretty unrealistic. I'm not talking about Ridley, but more about choices like Kystal and a bunch of Fire Emblem characters, stuff like that. They're not 'big' enough and possibly not popular enough. Keep in mind why Sakurai refused to make Waluigi a roster character: probably due to the lack of strong presence.

But I'm not hating on anyone just because they want a character in. I don't understand why Waluigi was such a feared character to be a part of the roster considering he IS an important figure in the Mario party-themed games and such, and with Wario being his partner, I can see why he would fit.

tl;dr Stop crying, it's kinda pathetic.
Wii Fit became so successful, Iwata stated that the Wii Fit was considered to be a platform of its own. Wii Fit changed the way Fitness games were perceived in the game industry. Right after the success of the Wii Fit, their competitors wanted to cash in on the fitness genre. You had ubi-soft, EA, and then Microsoft developing their own Fitness games then you had shovelware 3rd party company's to follow suit. So yes Wii Fit Trainer deserves a spot in this game compared to Waluigi. Plus we needed a female character in the game. On my Wish List I have Krystal from StarFox Dinosuar Planet, Giraham(skyword Sword), Ray01(Custom Robo), King K. Rool, and Isaac from Golden Sun. If any of them don't make it in its fine.

We need more female representatives, Krystal would be cool and allowing her to use her staff would add a different type of playstyle to the game.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Wii Fit became so successful, Iwata stated that the Wii Fit was considered to be a platform of its own. Wii Fit changed the way Fitness games were perceived in the game industry. Right after the success of the Wii Fit, their competitors wanted to cash in on the fitness genre. You had ubi-soft, EA, and then Microsoft developing their own Fitness games then you had shovelware 3rd party company's to follow suit. So yes Wii Fit Trainer deserves a spot in this game compared to Waluigi. Plus we needed a female character in the game. On my Wish List I have Krystal from StarFox Dinosuar Planet, Giraham(skyword Sword), Ray01(Custom Robo), King K. Rool, and Isaac from Golden Sun. If any of them don't make it in its fine.

We need more female representatives, Krystal would be cool and allowing her to use her staff would add a different type of playstyle to the game.
I didn't even know giraham was a girl. lol, but I did not want wii fit in the game and I don't care how much female characters get in the game because when it comes down to it it just matters how unique they can be.

NinthWonder

Smash Apprentice
Wii Fit Trainer coming out of field? Well, you know who else came as a surprise? ROB and Game & Watch, and the community loved them after the games were released.
And the argument against WFT that "they could have used that spot for another "deserving character" is flawed; since you can't assume that her absence would have meant the appearance of another "deserving" character. She is not taking anyone else's place; for instance, Waluigi never had a shot regardless if WFT or Rosalina weren't in the game.
Oh, and when you say another "deserving" character, you are also making the mistake of putting your opinion above the rest of the fans and the developers.
This is a thread of opinions and that is mine. If we're using developer's opinions as an argument, might as well make everyone's else's opinions obsolete as well.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
This is a thread of opinions and that is mine. If we're using developer's opinions as an argument, might as well make everyone's else's opinions obsolete as well.
Good thing that I also mentioned everyone else's opinions as well. Pay attention to what I write before getting defensive.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718

I don't even know what Ghirahim is. He/she? xD I actually got a Zelda rep to throw at you. King Hyrule. Take some ideas from his moves in Minish Cap as well as give him some Triforce Powers in a sort of brawler style and I think we have an awesome Zelda rep on our hands.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
I don't even know what Ghirahim is. He/she? xD I actually got a Zelda rep to throw at you. King Hyrule. Take some ideas from his moves in Minish Cap as well as give him some Triforce Powers in a sort of brawler style and I think we have an awesome Zelda rep on our hands.
I'm not sure if I am misinterpreting, but if you don't know who Giraham is? Have you ever played Skyward Sword? If not, THEN WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR......lol

King Hyrule sounds interesting and left field at the same time. I mean Sakurai can make any character work, if he has the idea to fit the style that he is going for in each entry of smash. I'm not against him being included in the game but I am trying to imagine his playstyle and how he would interact with the other characters in smash lol.

If you want to check out my Smash Brothers Newcomers Wish List here is the video, I pretty much give my reasons and provide footage from the game in which they came from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmhsZde4yd8

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
I didn't even know giraham was a girl. lol, but I did not want wii fit in the game and I don't care how much female characters get in the game because when it comes down to it it just matters how unique they can be.

No I wasn't saying Giraham was a girl, I was saying adding Krystal from Dinosaur Planet would work fine because we need more female characters in this game lol.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Did they use the Brawl model for this with an updated texture? The model is horrible.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I'm not sure if I am misinterpreting, but if you don't know who Giraham is? Have you ever played Skyward Sword? If not, THEN WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR......lol

King Hyrule sounds interesting and left field at the same time. I mean Sakurai can make any character work, if he has the idea to fit the style that he is going for in each entry of smash. I'm not against him being included in the game but I am trying to imagine his playstyle and how he would interact with the other characters in smash lol.

If you want to check out my Smash Brothers Newcomers Wish List here is the video, I pretty much give my reasons and provide footage from the game in which they came from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmhsZde4yd8
Of course I know what Ghirahim is. I'm just not wanting to reveal his true identity for the sake of spoiling those who haven't played Skyward Sword.

As for King Hyrule, there is already discussion about him in the Project M Clone Engine character thread. Somebody brought it up along with moves that he would have and it sounded more awesome than what Skull Kid would bring to the table. I'll also take a look at your video.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Walugi fans feeling betrayed because Sakurai didn't give them their character? Heh, that's rich.
The people who like Walugi are a minority, and considering that he plays small roles in the mario universe, you were deluding yourselves if you were expecting him.

Just because you like a character it doesn't mean that the universe has to revolve around him. Walugi may have a fanbase, although small, not enough to consider him an absolute pick for the roster.

Then I'll have to be that other guy. You assume that because you and a handful of other people liked him and wanted him for Smash, that it was Sakurai's obligation to put him in. But that is not the case. Waluigi is neither that popular nor relevant enough to assure him a spot in Smash. You have the right to feel reasonably upset, but not betrayed; acting like that only gives Waluigi fans a bad impression. Just because you like the guy it doesn't mean that the rest of the world has to comply with you. And before saying that Sakurai does not include the characters that people want, remember that Megaman, Little Mac, Sonic, etc. happened because the people requested them; and there were enough fans who wanted them, unlike Waluigi.
And that is also the reason why the guy hasn't had his own game.
Rosalina also never had her own game. And since when did all the fans got asked who they would like to see in the new smash? I was never asked... I would had loved to see Waluigi in there. It would have felt right since mario wario and luigi are there as well, and now that rosalina also joins, who had less appearances than Waluigi, it would had only made more sense if he joined in. Sakurai does NOT listen to all the character requests... he does what HE wants. The fact Little Mac and megaman also were confirmed, doesn't mean that he made that choice because of the fans, no, he made that choice by himself and fortunately a lot of fans ALSO wanted them...

Waluigi is requested by a lot of fans too, I bet more than Rosalina.I can imagine a full moveset for him right now... he would be so awesome. First of all he is funny. His clumsy skinny build always makes me laugh, his voice is funny... he fits in with the other character styles perfectly...

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Rosalina also never had her own game. And since when did all the fans got asked who they would like to see in the new smash? I was never asked... I would had loved to see Waluigi in there. It would have felt right since mario wario and luigi are there as well, and now that rosalina also joins, who had less appearances than Waluigi, it would had only made more sense if he joined in. Sakurai does NOT listen to all the character requests... he does what HE wants. The fact Little Mac and megaman also were confirmed, doesn't mean that he made that choice because of the fans, no, he made that choice by himself and fortunately a lot of fans ALSO wanted them...

Waluigi is requested by a lot of fans too, I bet more than Rosalina.I can imagine a full moveset for him right now... he would be so awesome. First of all he is funny. His clumsy skinny build always makes me laugh, his voice is funny... he fits in with the other character styles perfectly...
Waluigi has only been a spin off side character, while Rosalina has had two support roles and playable character role in the main mario games, more than Waluigi ever accomplished.
Go back and read Sakurai's reviews, he has stated that characters like Sonic and Megaman have been requested by fans, which is the reason they made it; same with Little Mac who ranked high in smash bros. polls pre-Brawl.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718

Waluigi seems more annoying than funny. Almost as much as Wario who I never liked in Mario franchise game like Mario Party. Although his Warioware games are very fun, I'm not gonna lie about that. Waluigi has been requested by a niche fanbase which is small. Ryu is right when he said that Rosalina is more impactful than Waluigi because she has more actual feats than Waluigi. She's helped Mario fight against Bowser as well as be a playable character in Super Mario 3D World. Waluigi has more game appearances, but they were for spin-offs and Nintendo could easily drop Waluigi into a black hole and be fine without him.

Top Bottom