• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - February 27th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Once again, Waluigi's Assist Trophy joins the collection!! …Which also means he's not a playable character. Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle."

Last edited by a moderator:

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
This is really all I can say on the matter:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle.
SHOTS
FIRED

Maybe that's Sakurai's way of telling people to not ask for characters that are so obscure.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I'm glad this is confirmed.
I'm anti Waluigi but I'm glad the news finally broke out whether or not he was playable.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
....Yet another point for the leak list.

I CAN ALMOST SMELL RIDLEY + MEWTWO.
I don't think this really means anything for the leak list, because Waluigi was such an obvious returning assist trophy. Half of the leaks do center around things people have been either asking for or expecting. Waluigi falls under both, and since Rosalina was announced, most have ruled out the possibility of more Mario newcomers.

Honestly, I don't understand why anyone ever honestly expected he would possibly be playable.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
I don't think this really means anything for the leak list, because Waluigi was such an obvious returning assist trophy. Half of the leaks do center around things people have been either asking for or expecting. Waluigi falls under both, and since Rosalina was announced, most have ruled out the possibility of more Mario newcomers.

Honestly, I don't understand why anyone ever honestly expected he would possibly be playable.
Because smash is over saturated with mario characters already, and I don't blame them for expecting him because of that.

Last edited:

Spire

III
BRoomer
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Also, great job ignoring Pokémon's anniversary. Wasn't expecting a playable character, but seeing some Pokéball Pokémon would have been great!

ALSO, the fact that we've seen Ashley and Waluigi before Wario is baffling.

Last edited:

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
I'm glad that he isn't made playable. There are plenty of other characters much more deserving of the playable character spot.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Yay! Now we can finally start pondering Bowser Juniors' fate.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I had nothing against waluigi but with him gone that does better the chances of bowser jr who I would much rather have.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Idk why people wanted him in. He never had a chance. Sakuari is very smart with his selection of characters. Can i just say i love how this game looks. I cant wait to see it in motion more.

CoryCory

Smash Rookie
Thank goodness! I can understand ones need to play as four different plumbers in one sitting but that's just not my bag.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
I don't understand why some people thought he would he make it into this game. He has little to no role in any Mario game. He appeared in Mario Kart, Tennis, and the party games that's basically it. I expected him to come back as an assist trophy. Now we can move on, hope Ridley is dis-confirmed next.

It's quite obvious that he is going to be a stage hazard for the pyrosphere stage, I believe that's what it is called. Then there is something inside me that wants him in the game for the simple fact, that I want the Ridley request fans to be disappointed when Sakurai gives him the most bland to mediocre moveset in the game to the point that he isn't fun and no one uses him. Just like how everyone stormed Capcom's twitter for Phoenix Wright to make his debut in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, what a face palm request and the fans got what they want and in the end most people ended up being disappointed in him. Hardly ever see him used online and in pro tournaments.

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
The most corrupt country ever, except most others.
I don't understand why some people thought he would he make it into this game. He has little to no role in any Mario game. He appeared in Mario Kart, Tennis, and the party games that's basically it. I expected him to come back as an assist trophy. Now we can move on, hope Ridley is dis-confirmed next.

It's quite obvious that he is going to be a stage hazard for the pyrosphere stage, I believe that's what it is called. Then there is something inside me that wants him in the game for the simple fact, that I want the Ridley request fans to be disappointed when Sakurai gives him the most bland to mediocre moveset in the game to the point that he isn't fun and no one uses him. Just like how everyone stormed Capcom's twitter for Phoenix Wright to make his debut in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, what a face palm request and the fans got what they want and in the end most people ended up being disappointed in him. Hardly ever see him used online and in pro tournaments.
At the risk of derailing the topic, how is it obvious that Ridley will be a stage hazard? We've seen plenty of pics of the Pyrosphere but no sign of Ridley. Even then, there are multiple incarnations of him, and remember how Toon Link is both a stage prop and a playable character? And how Alfonzo becomes the stage prop when someone's playing as Toon Link?

Last edited:

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
At the risk of derailing the topic, how is it obvious that Ridley will be a stage hazard? We've seen plenty of pics of the Pyrosphere but no sign of Ridley. Even then, there are multiple incarnations of him, and remember how Toon Link is both a stage prop and a playable character? And how Alfonzo becomes the stage prop when someone's playing as Toon Link?

Toon Link is different, for all we know that the train is a moving stage in which you have to jump from one train to the next because the Toon Link in spirit tracks isn't the same link in wind waker. Spirit tracks takes place 200 hundred years later so its a completely different Link. Not just that, thats to avoid confusion especially if there is more than one player using toon link at a time from a developers point of view. If you read the Pyrosphere description that Sakurai posted for the stage "“Out of the blue, here’s a new stage–the Pyrosphere from Metroid: Other M! An enemy from Samus’s past may appear at any second…”" Who could that be? I own other M and in the Pyrosphere you fight Ridley as the boss.

Just saying.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I hate to see what'll happen when Ridley's role is revealed...:urg:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Nothing against Waluigi, but he is just an extra from the mario universe. No way he was gonna make it.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I think its better that he stays an assist trophy. He isn't significant enough to get a spot on the roster.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
I really want to know if there is going to be a new Pokemon character. Those who know me probably know who I'm going to suggest but I'll leave it be. Wish a Nintendo Direct happened already... it pretty much confirms when a newcomer will be announced.
That or more mechanic reveals like the Neutral A finisher. That was AWESOME. That'll stop spammers and make the attack actually useful away from walls.

Last edited:

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
That hurt, Sakurai! D:

Eh, I'm still hoping for another Pokemon or Kirby reveal. This is kinda irrelevant to me.
I dont think that was a jab at us. I think hes talking directly to the character. Just cause you try hard, the character.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Another reason to be disspointed in the roster for this game.

Way to frigging go Sakurai! Now we can all enjoy playing the Wii Fit Trainer.

Top Bottom