• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - February 27th

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just like how everyone stormed Capcom's twitter for Phoenix Wright to make his debut in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, what a face palm request and the fans got what they want and in the end most people ended up being disappointed in him. Hardly ever see him used online and in pro tournaments.
Wat? Wright is a beast in that game. He has very good damage output, many defensive mechanics, Turnabout Mode is basically God Mode, his damage output is HUGE in Turnabout Mode, as is his range, and his Level 3 Hyper is tied with Vergil's for being the strongest in the game (as well as being able to hit from anywhere).
He's a character with a steep learning curve, yes, but I only ever played UMvC3 casually (with the terrible Xbox 360 controller - the Xbox 360 controller is terrible for fighters. Smash is one of the only ones I could imagine playing decently on it, ironically), and could still play him pretty well. He just requires practice due to his evidence mechanic, but once you master that mechanic, Wright is unstoppable.

Way to frigging go Sakurai! Now we can all enjoy playing the Wii Fit Trainer.
Don't be like that. Wii Fit Trainer was a genius addition.

I actually have to wonder if Sakurai's comment might suggest he TRIED to implement Waluigi as playable, but just couldn't do it.

In any case, Rosalina was the best possible pick for another Mario rep, and she is the last necessary addition.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wat? Wright is a beast in that game. He has very good damage output, many defensive mechanics, Turnabout Mode is basically God Mode, his damage output is HUGE in Turnabout Mode, as is his range, and his Level 3 Hyper is tied with Vergil's for being the strongest in the game (as well as being able to hit from anywhere).
He's a character with a steep learning curve, yes, but I only ever played UMvC3 casually (with the terrible Xbox 360 controller - the Xbox 360 controller is terrible for fighters. Smash is one of the only ones I could imagine playing decently on it, ironically), and could still play him pretty well. He just requires practice due to his evidence mechanic, but once you master that mechanic, Wright is unstoppable.

Don't be like that. Wii Fit Trainer was a genius addition.

I actually have to wonder if Sakurai's comment might suggest he TRIED to implement Waluigi as playable, but just couldn't do it.

In any case, Rosalina was the best possible pick for another Mario rep, and she is the last necessary addition.
Sorry, i'm going to be that guy right now. Waluigi was one of my top picks for SSB4 and Sakurai's decides to give me and everyone else who wanted him in the finger.

You know, the only reason people don't like Waluigi is because he was never given a chance to have his own game. I bet if they at least tried giving him a 3DS game it would silence all the haters for the guy.

Rosalina just seems like a Peach copy to me IMO (sorry for putting it that way). She doesn't look that much different than her and it just doesn't feel right with her being in. Maybe it's because i'm not much of a Galaxy fan.

And the FIt Trainer...... I just want to cry in a corner.

Waluigi to Sakurai

Last edited:

Renji64

Smash Lord
Sakurai made the right choice waluigi has nothing to offer as a character hopefully this applys to the ridley fans as well.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Sakurai made the right choice waluigi has nothing to offer as a character hopefully this applys to the ridley fans as well.
More naysayers huh?

I don't know how he can have "nothing to offer" when clearly he was never given a chance to have his own game.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Another reason to be disspointed in the roster for this game.

if your top request is waluigi...i dont want to know your number one request.

Pichu Guru

Smash Apprentice
Aw, no Waluigi. Oh well. It's not like he had a chance anyway. Expect nothing, so if you get nothing you will be indifferent. On the other hand, if you get something you will be pleasantly surprised.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Saying a "character does not deserve to be in Smash" is not the equivalent of hating them. Objectively, Waluigi doesn't deserve a playable Smash appearance right now, while Rosalina was the last Mario character to seriously deserve a spot. Waluigi has no distinctive personality, he is literally just a copy of Wario, and his appearance is just Wario with all of the fat and muscle taken out, and then put into a stretcher, and changing his mustache to an L shape as opposed to a W shape.

Rosalina, on the other hand, has a lot of details that clearly set her apart from Peach. Her overall body shape is different due to her height, giving Rosalina much stronger and longer looking legs than Peach, slightly thinner hips, and they have slightly different breast sizes (YES, I WENT THERE). Her face is slender and elegant in shape as opposed to Peach's puffy, round, cute face. Her nose is more slender, her eye shape is different, as are her eyelashes. Peach is pure blonde, and Rosalina is platinum blonde. Rosalina has a long, slender neck, Peach's neck is on the short side. Their hairstyles are quite obviously different, their dresses are completely different (Peach's looks regal and fancy, Rosalina's looks like a modest yet elegant nightgown). They have different adornments too. And Peach wears heavier make-up than Rosalina. Rosalina's skin is also paler.

As for character, don't make me go into Rosalina's character. I will go on a tangent. But most people can see that she had a touching backstory (a first for characters within 3D Mario platformers), and quite a bit of character development, as well as having a balanced personality (meaning she was not portrayed as overly happy, but she also was relieved of some of her stress and sadness, preventing her from feeling like a broody character). That's the short version.

And even WITHOUT all of that, nothing will change the fact Rosalina represents the Mario Galaxy series, which are two of the most critically acclaimed games of all time. Waluigi has only ever been in the milked Mario spin-off games, which we get every year. If anything, Waluigi represents a fairly negative side of the franchise.

I don't know how he can have "nothing to offer" when clearly he was never given a chance to have his own game.
Rosalina also never had a game all to herself. Whether or not a character has a game all to their self is not what defines whether or not they have anything to offer. It's what they did in the games they were in. Waluigi just became Wario #2. Rosalina actually was very different within the Mario universe, and there isn't any other character quite like her.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
All I'll say is that whenever I had a chance to pick waluigi in any mario sport game I always did. I'll live I'm not devestated by or it or surprised but still a bummer.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'm upset that Waluigi didn't make it in the game but Rosalina did. Yes, I'm sure we need more female character representation, yes I'm sure that she as a character is much more deserving of the spotlight, but it doesn't make sense to me to have the Mario Bros. but not the Wario Bros. If Nintendo was worried about female representation, they could have thrown in Lynn, Lucina, Krystal, Paula, or some other female Nintendo character that isn't from the Mario series.

I'm including Yoshi and DK when I say that as well, seeing how they're still appearing in Mario Kart and Mario Tennis. I understand that Mario gets a lot of representation outside of Smash, but really, I would have been fine with Waluigi as the last Mario character being introduced and then having other games get a shot in Smash so that they too could be represented and make people wonder, "What game is this character from?"

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
if your top request is waluigi...i dont want to know your number one request.
And what if it was? At least my top pick wasn`t the god damn Fit Trainer.

sonicbrawler182 I`m sorry but your clearly contradicting yourself here. Your supporting Rosalina for SSB4 and your against Waluigi.

Rosalina is more of a copy of Peach than Waluigi is to Wario. Sure, there`s some many differences but that doesn`t change the fact that they look so alike. At least Waluigi is different than Wario when it comes to height, weight, and physical appearance. And Waluigi could easily have his own unique moveset.

Seriously, wanting one but not wanting the other is so hypocritical.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Personally i want Karma to strike every Waluigi hater who`s embracing this moment and then have someone they really want to be deconfirmed.

I`ll be laughing my a** off when that happens.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
And what if it was? At least my top pick wasn`t the god damn Fit Trainer.

sonicbrawler182 I`m sorry but your clearly contradicting yourself here. Your supporting Rosalina for SSB4 and your against Waluigi.

Rosalina is more of a copy of Peach than Waluigi is to Wario. Sure, there`s some many differences but that doesn`t change the fact that they look so alike. At least Waluigi is different than Wario when it comes to height, weight, and physical appearance. And Waluigi could easily have his own unique moveset.

Seriously, wanting one but not wanting the other is so hypocritical.
Rosalina may look like peach, but if you seen the trailers, she is more like olimar if anything. Summoning a character to help. So dont know what you mean, but really waluigi? lol he has done nothing unique in games aside ride karts and play sports. You will move on and be ok, i promise

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Rosalina may look like peach, but if you seen the trailers, she is more like olimar if anything. Summoning a character to help. So dont know what you mean, but really waluigi? lol he has done nothing unique in games aside ride karts and play sports. You will move on and be ok, i promise
Hey. it`s not like it`s the end of the world lol. I know that.

I`m just saying Waluigi would be just as unique if here were in Smash 4. And like I said a zillion times, he never had a chance to have a major role in a top game. You can`t hate on him for that.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
If he wasn't ever given a chance to be in a top game, that might suggest he never really had anything to offer in a top game... just saying.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463

Yeah, too bad we have Little Mac in there, too. You know, the second most-wanted addition to the Smash Bros. roster? A character who has a GOOD REASON for being here?
And then we have Mega Man and Rosalina as well, the former of which was the most requested Capcom character.
Without the largely unwelcome Waluigi, though, the game will blow and it's sales will go down by 80%. Right?

Last edited:

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Hey. it`s not like it`s the end of the world lol. I know that.

I`m just saying Waluigi would be just as unique if here were in Smash 4. And like I said a zillion times, he never had a chance to have a major role in a top game. You can`t hate on him for that.
sakuari could make toadette unique in smash, he has shown how creative he is. Im sorry for your waluigi lose, lets hug it out *hug*

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
****, please give waluigi as an alternate skin for someone... I really hoped he would be a playable with his tennisracket, and bob-ombs n stuff... would had been a cool character... strange that the descripbed his trophy like that anyways, he also appeared in some mario kartgames... most of the mariosports are accompanied by waluigi. i still think he deservers a place in smash, but too bad then...

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR

I never really saw a reason for Waluigi being In smash other than it being a party/fighting game. Waluigi doesn't even appear in Wario's own series, he just appears in the spin-offs.

I just don't see how he would be a good edition besides, all he would have is sports equipment. Not the most revolutionary character for Smash

I feel he should stay as an Assist, the role fits him better

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
I really want to know if there is going to be a new Pokemon character. Those who know me probably know who I'm going to suggest but I'll leave it be. Wish a Nintendo Direct happened already... it pretty much confirms when a newcomer will be announced.
That or more mechanic reveals like the Neutral A finisher. That was AWESOME. That'll stop spammers and make the attack actually useful away from walls.
That's not true, Luigi and Sonic were both revealed during Nintendo Directs, but for some reason Sonic got a trailer. I don't know, maybe they couldn't get one ready in time or something

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
He did say he isn't just going to let someone in and it makes sense. He is a somewhat popular character but there are more deserving characters, maybe one day but I feel the assist is where he sits best.

He isn't a main series character and he doesn't even appear in a main title game; does he? Waluigi is kinda like Daisy now, just a side character that is interesting but is mainly there for the spin-offs

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Some needs to explain to me how accepting Rosalina, a proven unique as hell character, is contradictory to not supporting Waluigi, a character who has never shown himself to be anything but Wario's partner.

I'm not saying Rosalina showed herself to be so unique prior to her reveal, I'm saying that supporting Rosalina now that she's in and we know how she'll play is not at all at odds with a skepticism of Waluigi's potential move set.

Antexerxes

Training Partner?
NNID
Orochi-Aizen
3DS FC
2509-3490-1795
This is fine by me. There are 3 more reveal slots on the Smash character site, so hopefully we get 3 more reveals soon or 2 and the launch date!!!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Some needs to explain to me how accepting Rosalina, a proven unique as hell character, is contradictory to not supporting Waluigi, a character who has never shown himself to be anything but Wario's partner.

I'm not saying Rosalina showed herself to be so unique prior to her reveal, I'm saying that supporting Rosalina now that she's in and we know how she'll play is not at all at odds with a skepticism of Waluigi's potential move set.
It`s contradictory because people like to say that Waluigi would be a copy of Wario where as Rosalina would be an even bigger copy of Peach than the former in terms of appearnce. And we don`t even know how Waluigi would play so don`t try to bring that up.

Anyways, I said my piece. I`m not going to go back and forth all day here. I just hope all the people that are happy Waluigi is not in SSB4 get all their favorite characters deconfirmed. That would really put a huge smile on my face.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
It`s contradictory because people like to say that Waluigi would be a copy of Wario where as Rosalina would be an even bigger copy of Peach than the former in terms of appearnce. And we don`t even know how Waluigi would play so don`t try to bring that up.

Anyways, I said my piece. I`m not going to go back and forth all day here. I just hope all the people that are happy Waluigi is not in SSB4 get all their favorite characters deconfirmed. That would really put a huge smile on my face.
No one has every said Waluigi would be a copy of Wario in Smash... And no one cares a bit about how similar in appearance the characters are once we see them play differently. Prior to her reveal most people did think Rosalina would be a Peach clone, and that was proven false.

You avoided the ONLY thing I asked to be clarified: How is it contradictory to be happy with a character that we SEE is unique while also not supporting a character we have no reason to believe would be unique. Saying "we have no idea how he'd play" is exactly why we can see that there's pretty much nothing going for him. Other wise we'd at least have a clue as to what could make him worthwhile.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Walugi fans feeling betrayed because Sakurai didn't give them their character? Heh, that's rich.
The people who like Walugi are a minority, and considering that he plays small roles in the mario universe, you were deluding yourselves if you were expecting him.

Just because you like a character it doesn't mean that the universe has to revolve around him. Walugi may have a fanbase, although small, not enough to consider him an absolute pick for the roster.
Sorry, i'm going to be that guy right now. Waluigi was one of my top picks for SSB4 and Sakurai's decides to give me and everyone else who wanted him in the finger.

You know, the only reason people don't like Waluigi is because he was never given a chance to have his own game. I bet if they at least tried giving him a 3DS game it would silence all the haters for the guy.
Then I'll have to be that other guy. You assume that because you and a handful of other people liked him and wanted him for Smash, that it was Sakurai's obligation to put him in. But that is not the case. Waluigi is neither that popular nor relevant enough to assure him a spot in Smash. You have the right to feel reasonably upset, but not betrayed; acting like that only gives Waluigi fans a bad impression. Just because you like the guy it doesn't mean that the rest of the world has to comply with you. And before saying that Sakurai does not include the characters that people want, remember that Megaman, Little Mac, Sonic, etc. happened because the people requested them; and there were enough fans who wanted them, unlike Waluigi.
And that is also the reason why the guy hasn't had his own game.

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Thank the good Lord! :')
If he became a playable character while Ashley didn't I don't know what I would do! >_<
... ...
Am I the only one who is still bummed out that Ashley isn't playable?
I hope Mona makes it in...

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960

You know, I was like you several years ago. Thinking Midna would pop in here and had fun using her. Instead, I was given a Toon Link with R.O.B as the strawberry on top. Of course, I was furious as you and thinking Sakurai as an idiot. Along with the mechanics in this game, it further my anger and made me a much bitter person. But now I realized I might of been selfish and childish to think that was possible for him, especially with SSE development taking most of his time to create and balance characters. And when I look at Waluigi being an AT again, it doesn't seem surprising.

What major thing has he done to help Nintendo aside from being in party/sport games? None? Exactly. Not sure why you question Wii Fit Trainer and Rosalina being in, since they have been in a couple games now and been very important part of Nintendo, Waluigi haven't been in any important game outside of Mario Kart/Tennis/Golf/Baseball/Soccer/Party. He may have a possible moveset and Final Smash, but at the end of the day, Nintendo can live without him even if he's eventually gone from future games of any kind.

And I know it sucks. I still don't like Toon Link in there (and Sonic), but characters like him has their reasons to be there and have to respect that decision. And you don't have to pick them either if you don't like them (must be hard to do in fighting games these days). At this rate, the roster is mostly Brawl characters coming back with a few surprises left. So this update really isn't surprising at all.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Thank the good Lord! :')
If he became a playable character while Ashley didn't I don't know what I would do! >_<
... ...
Am I the only one who is still bummed out that Ashley isn't playable?
I hope Mona makes it in...
i would actually want Ashley over Mona but anyway im glad she's assist gives her chance if they ever make another smash

Top Bottom