• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - February 26th

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I couldnt agree with this man more! Im sure the flurries will still be there, its why he showed Fox. Like I said before, its probably a lot like jab-cancelling where before the flurry happens you can smash out of it.
--
You guys are trying to confirm stuff that isnt even in the picture or the quote, just trying to sway things into the way you want them lol. Technically we can say anything now right? since for some reason we can think jab-cancelling is gone how about "OMG Sakurai!!!, This deconfirms tilts right?" :facepalm: lmao
What you two are assuming is much more of a reach in my opinion than what everybody else is seeing. Especially considering the original update.

The NA translation didn't do much justice to what the update was trying to say. In the japanese one, it states that Fox's 100 kick attack ends with a finishing move. The flurries of attack are still there, but they will no longer be infinite. A clear example is shown in the Little Mac trailer.
Emphasis on ends. Not can end, not has the option to end. Just ends.

EDIT: Although before this gets argumentative, I just wanna point out I don't think anyone has any cause to be certain about anything. Not till we have more footage, or statements on it.

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I think this means everyones jab smoothly links into a tilt or smash. Its not automatic.

Zorc Of Norway

Smash Cadet
idk if this is good or bad
The way i see it; Good DI/SDI will be rewarded by dodging the finishing move of a consequtive jab combo and bad DI/SDI will be punished with a move that does more damage and could possibly lead into more combos or a juggle. Rather than a long lasting multi-hit stun that is uninterresting to watch. So right now I'm liking the change.

Zorc Of Norway

Smash Cadet
idk if this is good or bad
The way i see it; Good DI/SDI will be rewarded by dodging the finishing move of a consequtive jab combo and bad DI/SDI will be punished with a move that does more damage and could possibly lead into more combos or a juggle. Rather than a long lasting multi-hit stun that is uninterresting to watch. So right now I'm liking the change.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
After reading all these comments, i agree that when you let go of A, the jab finisher excutes.

If its timed or after a cetain number of hits, the finisher executes, then why not just have a standard 3 hit combo?

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'm neutral on this. I guess I'll have to see how it actually works.

Zorc Of Norway

Smash Cadet
After reading all these comments, i agree that when you let go of A, the jab finisher excutes.

If its timed or after a cetain number of hits, the finisher executes, then why not just have a standard 3 hit combo?
As i previously said:
Good DI/SDI will be rewarded by dodging the finishing move of a consequtive jab combo (wich will open for a easy punish) and bad DI/SDI will be punished with a move that does more damage and could possibly lead into more combos or a juggle.( Rather than a long lasting multi-hit stun that is uninterresting to watch).

Pichu Guru

Smash Apprentice
Playing on Princess Peach's Castle in Project M.

Falco: "TWOOOOOAAAAAAAHHH!!!!"

Gone.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
I knew the Smash Brothers Casual Community out numbers the competitive community but man I see why this game is developed the way it is. I was just on the Mii Verse with my Wii U and I was looking at this post. No one on there cared about this mechanic whatsoever, I was expecting some feedback about it but all people care about what characters they want to see revealed. They literally called this post usless information.......

So yea, there is a big difference here and the mii-verse. This mechanic is well welcomed in my opinion, I think this mechanic goes for characters who has infinite attacks, like meta-knight rapid A, Kirby rapid A, Fox rapid A, Falco Rapid A, Shieks Rapid A, and Captain Falcon rapid A. I am not much of a hardcore pro like most of you here but I don't think this should effect Jab Cancel right? I could be wrong though.

I really hope they made some good changes to Link, I really want that guy to shine in this game. Mario, Link, and Sonic has been revealed so far. Little Mac will be added to my main's list, and all I am waiting for is Ness to be revealed and I am satisfied with whatever character they release afterwards except for Ridley -___-
lets be honest most ppl on the miiverse are younger, this is probably thier second smash game after brawl or they probably dont play on a competitive level which is fine. All kinds of people should be welcomed. Bottom line is that this is a great thing for smash, no more spam jabs. I use fox and yes my spam jabs would get me at least 15% to 20% damage instantly, but its cheap and I am glad it is removed.

Pichu Guru

Smash Apprentice
lets be honest most ppl on the miiverse are younger, this is probably thier second smash game after brawl or they probably dont play on a competitive level which is fine. All kinds of people should be welcomed.
I actually prefer Miiverse over this. People are a whole lot nicer there.

iHook

Smash Cadet
still dont have a wii u so I wouldnt know, but thats awesome to hear. Once I hear a release date Ill be getting my wii u.

Dear Nintendo, did you hear that? WiiU sales will dramatically increase when a release date is announced (whether it is accurate or not is a different argument) . Better get on that soon ;)

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
agreed. Nintendo consoles have become the smash machine for me. I got a wii just for brawl and some other nintendo games, but it still gets smash play to this day. Says a lot about a series.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Dear Nintendo, did you hear that? WiiU sales will dramatically increase when a release date is announced (whether it is accurate or not is a different argument) . Better get on that soon ;)
Though I agree, I also partially disagree. I know for a fact that the game is coming out this year because its been stated time and time again that it will in fact come out this year. I'm assuming its going to come out near the end of the year the to be honest. Any time earlier than that would make me overjoyed. An accurate date would be appreciated. I hate seeing a trailer and then "Spring 2014, Fall 2015, etc." If they aren't sure if the game will be done yet just don't give a release window at all. I'd rather hear coming soon. Has a nice ring to it. I hate looking forward to something and then hearing about a delay. That won't happen this time. No way. E3 seems perfect to announce that. But it seems far away.

Last edited:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Though I agree, I also partially disagree. I know for a fact that the game is coming out this year because its been stated time and time again that it will in fact come out this year. I'm assuming its going to come out near the end of the year the to be honest. Any time earlier than that would make me overjoyed. An accurate date would be appreciated. I hate seeing a trailer and then "Spring 2014, Fall 2015, etc." If they aren't sure if the game will be done yet just don't give a release window at all. I'd rather hear coming soon. Has a nice ring to it. I hate looking forward to something and then hearing about a delay. That won't happen this time. No way. E3 seems perfect to announce that. But it seems far away.
E3 is less than 4 months away isn't it
Edit: Only 103 days, that's not that long

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
also sakurai stated that he is determined to have the game finished in 2014, and i think he also said or iwata said that it wont be released till the end of the year

Dr. Bran

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2062-9647-8749
These are always some of my favorite posts, when he talks about new game mechanics and fixes. It always makes me feel that this game's control and gameplay will be so much better than Brawl's. Also, no Meta-Knight spam! YAY! (I'm assuming that he will be back)

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
im guessing you liked using pikachu's spamming headbut or falco's spamming feathers? this is a great thing to balance the game
No, I'm more concerned about a lack of game depth and the game turning very linear like other fighters. I'm not sure how this is going to balance the game for the better or make competitive play any better (which is the only thing I really care about)

PunkMcFox

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2921-9087-6529
I actually like the sound of this. I do want to know if this happens automatically after a few kicks or just when you let go of A. It would be good if it was forced to end in my opinion, putting an end to some characters hiding in their jab attacks.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I actually like the sound of this. I do want to know if this happens automatically after a few kicks or just when you let go of A. It would be good if it was forced to end in my opinion, putting an end to some characters hiding in their jab attacks.
It was pointed out to me that we can kinda see this in the Little Mac trailer where he is jabbing people. Probably means that it just happens when you let go of A.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Yeah really, I could give less of a **** about Ridley. I DO want a new Pokemon character. Maybe Keldeo?
:L Pony fighter sounds harder to make than a dragon fighter, just saying...
As far as this update goes, didn't Metaknight's jabs end in a little upward sword strike. Unless this means jab canceling is out too (DI'ing out of a few jabs isn't that bad, unless you try to DI up like i've seen plenty of people do in casual games) it doesn't really change much as far as I understand.​

Last edited:

JPW

Smash Ace
I knew the Smash Brothers Casual Community out numbers the competitive community but man I see why this game is developed the way it is. I was just on the Mii Verse with my Wii U and I was looking at this post. No one on there cared about this mechanic whatsoever, I was expecting some feedback about it but all people care about what characters they want to see revealed. They literally called this post usless information.......

So yea, there is a big difference here and the mii-verse. This mechanic is well welcomed in my opinion, I think this mechanic goes for characters who has infinite attacks, like meta-knight rapid A, Kirby rapid A, Fox rapid A, Falco Rapid A, Shieks Rapid A, and Captain Falcon rapid A. I am not much of a hardcore pro like most of you here but I don't think this should effect Jab Cancel right? I could be wrong though.

I really hope they made some good changes to Link, I really want that guy to shine in this game. Mario, Link, and Sonic has been revealed so far. Little Mac will be added to my main's list, and all I am waiting for is Ness to be revealed and I am satisfied with whatever character they release afterwards except for Ridley -___-
yeah apparently trolls, and people who care about followers, have actually overtaken the Super Smash Bros. Community on Miiverse. It's kind of degrading and sad with the state it's in as of late. Well that's what's happening in the Europe and Oceania one anyway.

I kind of like the new gameplay mechanics we've seen, and this one also has me intrigued.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
The way I read it, this won't have any impact on normal jabs, and only affects the rapid attacks.

I also expect that you'll be able to cut off the rapid attack before this finisher activates (like you can now)

So what I expect this means is that rapid attacks will hold the opponent a bit better for the finisher to land. If SDI still allows you to escape the rapid attacks, I think this is a great change. I always like to see new attacks.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I have to say, this is a worthless pic to be showing, I'm not interested in it in the slightest, it's just Fox fighting Samus, it's a pic that you'd expect when this game was first shown last year for the first time at E3.

One word describes this pic, BORING.

It's not as bad as looking at Link's stupid face again for the 10,000th time, but still, it's a pretty bad pic.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I have to say, this is a worthless pic to be showing, I'm not interested in it in the slightest, it's just Fox fighting Samus, it's a pic that you'd expect when this game was first shown last year for the first time at E3.

One word describes this pic, BORING.

It's not as bad as looking at Link's stupid face again for the 10,000th time, but still, it's a pretty bad pic.
Even though it's showing a new mechanic, so boring and worthless

Last edited:
Top Bottom