• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - February 12th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. The Home-run Bat in this game is black! And it's so powerful that your eyes might bug out!!"

He also included a second image with the text "And here's a look at a home run exiting the arena."

Last edited by a moderator:

nessokman

Smash Lord
Wow, that home run bat looks sick can't wait to Abuse it in multiplayer not use it because items are for noobs.

Renji64

Smash Lord
Looks fun this smash has alot of personallity compared to others. I hope it has some nice cartoonish type sounds.

Domo-dono

Smash Cadet
NNID
K3ptSecret
3DS FC
4425-2815-8686
Dude that's actually pretty cool if the camera actually orbits and pans like it does in that second screenshot when you get a home run. I actually think that Sakurai should get even more creative with the dynamic camera and with more than just items.

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
I like how his eyes pop out for a second and the cartoonish style they go with this game in general.

Also I'm a fan of basebal bats redesign.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I'm guessing the new homerun bat is that sleek black to match the new lightning bolt that appears on super high knock back moves.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I wonder if any other weapons will get updated visually.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
love the look of the bat, but please increase the time the bat charges up. In brawl it was impossible to hit anything.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Dude that's actually pretty cool if the camera actually orbits and pans like it does in that second screenshot when you get a home run. I actually think that Sakurai should get even more creative with the dynamic camera and with more than just items.
That would be too distracting. If your having a 4 player ffa, the other 2 players cant see themselves and they could sd.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Pretty sure it's just him pausing in the middle of the animation and turning the camera to face DK.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
While the Home-run Bat confirmation is the subject here, but i'm more happier and interested in the characters facial expressions, i love that Sakurai is giving each char. more expressions, in Brawl most chars had like 4-5 expressions wich made them look very dull.

And looks like the crazy eyes will be a item-exclusive expresion, wich is even better.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I like the bat but yeah, to me the bigger thing is whether or not everyone will experience the eye-pop thing. It'd be a neat cartoony touch like we had with characters getting shocked in SSB64, but it might be weird looking on certain characters.

D

Deleted member

Seeing the new Home-Run Bat makes me wonder what Sandbag is gonna look like...

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
dks eyes are bulging because of the intense inertial force exerted on dk.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Hopefully Ness' bat will get redesigned to where it matches each one of his outfits.
Dude! How awesome would that be? There were different baseball bats in the game of EarthBound, so it would be great to see them in Smash.

FangnierFernious

Smash Apprentice
I'm getting more hyped each day. First Lucario is better then ever. Then an even better bat. Throw in Zororark and Ridley and it'll be perfect for me.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Hmmm......
Since the fighters have a newer home-run bat, who will have the old wooden one?
Sandbag will, and he will use it to take his revenge!

It makes the perfect trailer. The old, beat up bat in the corner of a room, and Sandbag picks it up slowly, and starts ironically kicking butt!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is Ness confirmed??????
There's no point of hoping for Ness to be confirmed. He's been in all three Smash games, and he is Earthbound's #1 Rep, so unless they try to pull off what they did in Melee, I wouldn't worry about it.

Top Bottom