• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U SMASH WII U DIRECT CONFIRMED!!! - Oct.23 NA, Oct.24 EU, JP, AU

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
Oh my god.

Sakurai, Mewtwo vs Giegue reveal trailer at the end of the direct.
Make it happen.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I would need to check Nintendo's website to make sure none of y'all are pulling my chain here...

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
If we are getting additional characters on Wii U launch, I reckon we'll see two here. I think if thye're trying to give something to both East and West the best characters for the Direct would be Isaac and Ridley.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
If we are getting additional characters on Wii U launch, I reckon we'll see two here. I think if thye're trying to give something to both East and West the best characters for the Direct would be Isaac and Ridley.
Isaac's cool and all but I'd much rather get Dixie and Ridley.

Or Ivysaur

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
Gotta work until 9:30 uggghhhhh :( Oh well, at least I can stay up late that night cuz I don't have classes in the morning. Plus, that means I can watch the Direct on the e-shop without any lag.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
So hyped, but gotta get at 9am to watch it here, on my day off.... ugh.....
but I'm sure it'll be worth it!
Come on epic reveals!!
this is now going to be all I can think about all week :D

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Isaac's cool and all but I'd much rather get Dixie and Ridley.

Or Ivysaur
I could see Squirtle getting in, not Ivysaur though. I'm not too sold on Dixie myself, I feel that all she would be is Diddy's "Falcozation". I want a DK rep but I feel that K. Rool or Cranky would be much better choices.

Another character that's been in my mind for ages but nobody has mentioned is Ray MK III. He has no trophy like Ridley and Isaac, he was a Brawl Assist Trophy and he'd be brilliant to play. Plus the fact that most people haven't mentioned him makes him a very Sakurai choice.

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
At least we know Ridley will probably be in there somewhere...mostly likely as a boss...

But Mewtwo had better be one of these 50 things.

No, of course I'm still not over it I NEED MEWT--

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Too tired to hype, Ill wait until tomorrow.
Still, only 50 things? I have a feeling they all wont be as cool as we hoped.... (Cmon Direct prove me wrong)

Malle

Smash Apprentice
I look forward to it, hopefully it is as large as the 40 min one. And I'd be horrified to see my favourite character being smoked out in that way (Ridley, ofc). I am certain there will be some sort of trailer at the end, hopefully of a character we do not know about yet (Linking theory please be true!!).

If not, then it will be great to see all the stages that have been hidden away from us.

Oilpath99

Smash Cadet
I'm hoping for a new single player mode that is flipping awesome and no one would ever see coming.

Fares612

Smash Apprentice
Aaaaaaaand I'll be at work

*Quickly texts all my coworkers trying to switch shifts with someone else throughout the week*

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Okay, so there really is going to be a Smash Bros. Wii U Direct this Thursday at 6 p.m. east coast time.
Well, it's a good thing I don't go to work until 10 p.m. later that night so I'm looking forward to some new tasty goodness. :D

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I could see Squirtle getting in, not Ivysaur though. I'm not too sold on Dixie myself, I feel that all she would be is Diddy's "Falcozation". I want a DK rep but I feel that K. Rool or Cranky would be much better choices.

Another character that's been in my mind for ages but nobody has mentioned is Ray MK III. He has no trophy like Ridley and Isaac, he was a Brawl Assist Trophy and he'd be brilliant to play. Plus the fact that most people haven't mentioned him makes him a very Sakurai choice.
Cranky over Dixie would be the worst hell. I actually think she should be in before the forgotten K. Rool

Also, Jill from Drill Dozer also doesn't have a Assist Trophy anymore, so she could perfectly be a playable character with a 100% unique playstyle.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
That's an amazing news! I hope for a new single player mode (an adventure mode for example would be welcome).Ii'm also hoping for DLC character (please, please Bayonetta) but I know it is not very probable, as we didn't even get the trailer for the unnanounced Newcomers yet (even if Smash 3DS possessors perfectly know who these are).

Raido

Smash Apprentice
Hell yeah! I'm tired of the 3DS version, can't wait for the WiiU version! :D

It's time to put an end of all theory,supposed leak and faked leak, we will see if sakurai knows how to communicate with this game.

If there is no new characters on the wiiu version, then I'm done with this smash.
Bye bye ^^

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
50 new things?

If this is anything like that "10 things you need to know about Super Mario 3D World" trailer, then I'm very hyped.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
Last Direct, I thought it would only show one newcomer and maybe go over what we already knew. I was blown away by all the information we actually got. So this time, I'm going to predict things on the Wii U version we already knew about stage-wise, an explanation on the Master Order and Crazy Order and a reveal of Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt on Wii U.

Strofirko

Smash Master
What they said:50 new things
What people understand:50 new characters.
Okay I will stop...:troll:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
50 newcomers, get hyped everybody! :awesome:

I hope most of it will be exciting and unexpected, not just padded out with tons of new items/assist trophies/pokeball pokemon. (which would still be cool, don't get me wrong)

Last edited:

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
It's pretty weird that they aren't calling this a Nintendo Direct. It sounds more like a livestream.

I'm sure we'll get a few new details, but I'm honestly expecting a good chunk of these 50 things to be things we already know about. I assume "new" just means things that are new to Smash 4, not necessarily things we haven't seen already.

Kese

Smash Cadet
NNID
agentghost29
in the words of Bart Scott: Cant Wait......!!!

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
It's pretty weird that they aren't calling this a Nintendo Direct. It sounds more like a livestream.

I'm sure we'll get a few new details, but I'm honestly expecting a good chunk of these 50 things to be things we already know about. I assume "new" just means things that are new to Smash 4, not necessarily things we haven't seen already.
I'd like to think it's specifically things for the Wii U since that's how they word it on their Twitter.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
According to to time in my zone MST its 4pm

My schedule at that time....

NOTHING:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

I GET TO SEE IT!!!

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Mewtwo Returns
Mewtwo Strikes Back
The Revenge of the Mewtwo
The Return of the Mewtwo
Mewtwo a New Hope

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Don't get your hopes for any new newcomers, don't expect the villain trailers or any dreamy trailers like that, the direct will probably just focus on the new modes on the Wii U version.

Last edited:

darthnazgul

Smash Cadet
NNID
darthnzgul
Well, I guess it's going to focus on the board game mode Amazon leaked as well as whatever that crazy order/master order could be.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Due to leakers before 3ds release and more leaks afterwards, I'll bet anything Sakurai, in his own way, will explain how he shouldn't be spoiling us.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
HYPE!!! But I wonder... if those "new" things are really new or if they mean "new to Smash" or "new to Wii U version".

Top Bottom