• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So after a pretty ****ty morning, today was actually a pretty good day! Despise some tihng here and there...
But hey, alteast, it was better than the previous Tuesday.

Arrei

Smash Lord
I, on the other hand, have a face full of hurt. Goddamned braces. Goddamned working while having goddamned braces.

Argos

Smash Apprentice
That's not a sequel it's the second dlc patch thing for free. First was the potion guy, then this guy, then the royal guy.
To be fair the Plague Knight expansion mixed up the mechanics more than most sequels do.

I remember being skeptical about Shovel Knight when I first heard about it but boy was I wrong. Super excited about this.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Just when I'd thought I had completely lost interest in Pokemon, they go and reveal this:
A new anime Pokemon that follow more the game and without Ash in it?
Where I can throw my money sir?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
FalKoopa FalKoopa
Since I don't want to drag this forever, here I present, the TVTrope I made for the creature, The Messenger.
The Messenger

Specimen 8 – called "The Messenger" by some – is a parasite seen in the first arc of season 2 in "The Heart of Ice". This creature was created by Serpios's scientific and lauched on Earth to infect the human race. In appareance, the creature possess the same atanomy of a human (two leg, two arm, a head, etc...), however, is body look extremly deformed and it's skin seem rotten. Trapped in the underground of a base in Antartic, it's only goal is to escape and begin the infection by the help of the ocean.

• Body Horror: Some part of his body look vaguely human (if one look closely, a thumb can be seen under it's claw), but there is no doubt that it's not one.

• Bersek Button: Being a creature with no emotion, you won't think that shooting him in the mouth will cause it to charge at you in fury. (Tough, before he charge, he is freezed for two second, so you can escape him if you are fast enough)

• Darkness Equals Death: It can see perfectly in the dark, and it's implied that alot of guard and lab assistant have find death when the power went out.

• Establishing Character Moment: During her journey inside the base, Marsa find a room filled with TV screen, in one of them, she see two men running from something, one of them shoot something off screen will the other try to open a door. The other man, still shooting, scream and fear as heavy footstep are heard. When suddenly, the man is empaled by what seem to be a arm, the other man, screaming and begging someone to open the door, keep hitting the door while a tall creature enter the screen and walk slowy toward him. The man keep hitting the door while crying and screaming. Until the creature empale him before rapidly decapiting him into shred, afterward, the creature look at the corpse and then look at the camera for several second, until the screen finally go off.

• Extra Eyes: Five eyes to be exact.

• The Faceless: He doesn't have a real face. Instead, he have a giant Lamprey Mouth with his fives eyes being around it.

• Gorn: Generally, his victim end up atleast with one or two limbs removed at the very least.

• Healing Factor: Can regenerate any limbs it lose, making it unkillable.

• Hell Is That Noise: A easy way to know if the creature is nearby is that, if you hear the sound of heavy footstep or if you hear the sound of what sound like something vomiting, roaring and growling at the same time, you better begin to hide quickly.

• In-Series Nickname: The creature itself doesn't have a name, simply refered as "Specimen 8" by it's creators. However, a Apocalyptic Log found by Marsa show that a man (probably insane at the time and apparantly a Catholic), refer to the creature as "The Messenger".

"No Fear, No Fear No Fear...From the sky, they land and come in peace...No Fear, No Fear, No Fear...Those behind me,beg and scream...No Fear, No Fear...But he is coming, The Messenger from heaven, will free us from our sin, so....there is no need to fear."

• The Juggernaut: No matter how many time it's limb get decapited, it will regenerate and it will fullfill his mission. (And kill you in the process)

• Lamprey Mouth: It's head is a giant one.

• Laser Sight: The Messenger's eyes function like this and into four step:

-1: If there is nobody in the area where they are, there eyes will not open.

-2: If it sense a living form, there eyes will open and reveal five laser of color green, they will then examine the area to find any living form to kill.

-3: If someone is seen by one of the laser, the five laser will then change to green to red and The Messenger will then charge to his victim or just walk very fast.

-4: If the victim manage somehow to escape them, The Messenger will still try to find them and change his eyes beam color to yellow. If it doesn't find anyone after some time, the creature will stop searching and go back to his main goal.

• Nested Mouth: If he is enough close to his prey, The Messenger will reveal a mass of needle-tentacle inside it's mouth and pierce his victim face with them, Eye Scream at it's finest. (better, this method of attack directly transform the victim directly into a infected. However, the problem with is that, The Messenger is vulnerable and cannot move, due to this, it rarely use this attack)

• Nigh-Invulnerability: Nothing can kill it, removing there limbs? They will just regenerate, shooting in the head? They will charge at you in rage after two second. The only thing to do if you face it is to run.

• Omnious Walk: Except if you shoot him in the head, The Messenger is always seen as walking slowy, if it see someone, he will speed up a bit, but it will be more like "walking really fast" than running.

• Perpetual-Motion Monster: It doesn't need to eat or sleep, it have infiny stamina and it never stop.

• The Virus: It's goal is to infect mankind so that Serpios army can easily destroy it. It's entire body is filled with a poison that can infect any live form. A living person won't transform at first, but will slowy go insane before dying, after a few hours, the person will then rise again as a zombie-like creature. If the person is already dead, then the corpse will transform slowy into a new zombie-like creature.
  • Kill with Fire: The only method able to kill it for good.

• Was Once A Man: Well....kinda off. the creature was before a small parasite who was lauched to Earth. When it landed, the parasite enter into the first corpse it finded. However, the infected corpse was bringed to the Antartic for that it could be examined. Weeks later, the parasite finally take full control of the body and transform into a better form for fighting, beginning the invasion of the base.
Since it's the first time I write a Tvtrope page. And that I don't know all the trope I could have put for this creature, this is of course not perfect. But I hope you like the presentation, I tried my best to replicate the format of TVTrope.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
Welcome to the site.

And you have a Nephenee avatar too. Nice.
Haha yeah and thanks. I'm technically not new to Smashboards, I used it quite a bit last year, stopped and now I want to get start using it again. But I forgot the password to my old account, So I had to make this new one, lol

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Haha yeah and thanks. I'm technically not new to Smashboards, I used it quite a bit last year, stopped and now I want to get start using it again. But I forgot the password to my old account, So I had to make this new one, lol
If you don't mind me asking, what was your old account?

Also, 10/10 Nephenee avi. :grin:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hey! Is anybody here??

Well right now there's me and a Guest. Maybe the guest is this "anybody" you speak of. :troll:

. . .But yeah it seems really quiet right now but I just showed up for a bit right now.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
What is this Smash you speak of? :p
In a world where plumbers shoot fire out of their hands. . .in a world where a pointy eared guy is the pinnacle of courage. . .in a world where incomprehensible horrors from beyond the stars are content to simply eat cake and goof off. . .in a world where mice are the size of cats and can shoot electricity out of their faces. . .

One illiterate and obliviously bigoted angel will stand up for what's right. And probably fail. But by George will he try to stand up for what's right.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
In a world where plumbers shoot fire out of their hands. . .in a world where a pointy eared guy is the pinnacle of courage. . .in a world where incomprehensible horrors from beyond the stars are content to simply eat cake and goof off. . .in a world where mice are the size of cats and can shoot electricity out of their faces. . .

One illiterate and obliviously bigoted angel will stand up for what's right. And probably fail. But by George will he try to stand up for what's right.
A world where penguins are massive and rule over all.
A world where witches, angels, and goddesses can be defeated by little kids.
A world where getting a good score means defeat, and oil is deadly before it can even ignite.
That's this world, all right.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Jterr was the name, I didn't really like the name and during my absence from Smashboards I discovered my real gamertag while uploading videos so I decided to make a new one
Wow my browser glitched and it delayed my response so I accidentally double posted :/
I wish you could delete comments :( ugh
It's okay, mods do that as well.

*cough* image.png *cough*
Joking aside, I'm still confused at the lack of a delete button for users. Is it really that hard to add or is there some fear about things like bugs?

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
It's okay, mods do that as well.

*cough* View attachment 117796*cough*
Joking aside, I'm still confused at the lack of a delete button for users. Is it really that hard to add or is there some fear about things like bugs?
yeah I still don't understand why they couldn't just add a simple delete button option, it would help a lot

Top Bottom