• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

ArtemisX120

Smash Cadet
NNID
LethalHeroX120
I think new Mega Evolutions were teased the last Pokemon trailer. Game freak plz.

Also, I have a sweet Tracer mod over pink ZSS. I love it so much.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Omg I've been playing a game called Hyper Light Drifter and it's so badass
Everyone looking at this post should buy it right now, it's like Zelda but cooler and with better combat

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think new Mega Evolutions were teased the last Pokemon trailer. Game freak plz.

Also, I have a sweet Tracer mod over pink ZSS. I love it so much.
Where did it hint it and what new Mega Evolutions do you think were hinted? I love speculation like this.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Good news :)

FalKoopa FalKoopa tag.

So, it happened 2-3 hours ago, but one of my PR was merged, #4203, the one that......enables memory breakpoint aka memechecks for every build of dolphin :)

That's right, the magic version is 5.0-583, from that version and newer, memchecks are enabled, just run with a -d to have the debugger and press the +MC button to add memchecks.

The ONLY difference performance wise is a mere 2% on some games ......I think we can agree it's not much.

This is by far the most important merge I wanted to do and also the hypest one because it's about freaking time :)

So, a bit of an explanation, what are memchecks?

I probably talked about them lately, but a memcheck is like a breakpoint, but it only breaks when reaching a particular instruction. Memchecks are more for breaking when tempering with memory, you can decide an address or a range and the game will break whenever soemthign read or writes (you can configure that) and you even have an option to log that it broke due to it.

It's asctually an essential feature of the debugger. Let me explain, you know how in my research and gltich hunting i use cheat engine to monitor the emulated ram and if necessary, hack it?

Well for the ram monitoring part, CE is the best tool, but what if I want to know more? What if I want to know what happened before the value was written to that address? What if I want to know how a certain address is used?

You can;t use standard breakpoints, they break on specific instructions......the games has thousands of them there is no way you can get your way through it with jsut that.

That's where memchecks becomes essential. Say I search for an rng formula, I would find the rng beforehand, then add a memcheck on write to that address and eventually, the game woudl break bringing me to the exact instruction it wrote and what happened before is likely the rest of the fucntion that aims to write to the RNG aka, I don;t need the memcheck anymore, it got to the point I wanted so I jsut make my way back using breakpoints.

So, yeah, it;s a pretty hype feature.....unfortunately.

I have no idea why, but since about as much as I know dolphin, this particular feature was systematically disabled from release and only reserved to 2 types of specific build configuration: debug and debugfast. It's clear it was intentional when it happened because there's even a comment saying so and some preprocessor check (so it woudl even be disabled or enabled at compile time).

Because it was disabled at compile time for release, there is no way to ever get it on release or stable build, you HAVE to build from source and specify that you want debug or debugfast.

Now, most people I knew that wanted memchecks used debugfast and after some accidental testing, I got why: debug is an horrible build config, twice as slow as release and debugfast is.......hoenstly abotu the same as release performance wise, the only thign you gain other than memcheck is several additional logging options for the logger. Because of this, most people I met didn't know that debug woudl work too, debugfast was jsut the advertised choice to have memchecks.

But you might think, release has the debugger and full breakpoint support. isn't it odd to not ahve memchecks?

And......you would be right. My guess is that it was originally disabled for performance concerns, you would check the memory eveyr rad and write and you would also drop performance significantly when using them (more on that later).

However, it still doesn;t make sense and it didn;t since at least several years (I even found traces in 2.0 and guess what? it was disdabled for release). There's litterally a method in the breakpoints system for the memchecks called HasAny() which just by a sumple check can tell if any memchecks are in use, it;s a very small and quick function. Why not use that instead of disabling them entirely?

And there enlies the problem: at the end, there wasn;t much reason this woudl be still disdabled and for years, people had to build dolphin which on windows, if you don;t know what you are getting into, you ahve to isntall visual studio (takes lots of hard drive space and several hours to install), and not to mention how advanced, complicated and VERY prone to error this task is. It's basically expected you are into developping...yikes.

It is so annoying, I coudln;t do an idea I had which was to make a tutorial on tasvideos abotu the usage of debugger, asm might be soemthign hard to teach, but building dolphin.......how do you expect one to do this and be guaranted ntohign wrong happens? It woudln't have worked, it's not really user firendly.

So, when I started to get into contributions and the devs eventually realised I was helpfull (read my post abut the debugger situation), one told me that he was actually working on such ideas and basically told me the same reasons I said: it doesn;t change performance until you start to use it.

Eventually, I got tired so I tried to work on it and it was actualyl very simple, the ONLY overhead detected by a tester was at worst 2%, honestly, considering how memchecks are essential, I don't think it's really bad, I even heard other improvements would counter that 2% later.

Btw, about that part when it impacts performance when you use it, it;s pretty drastic, works is started to make it work better, but the key point is it gets worse once the first is added, but comes back to nromal after the last is removed, aka you won;t notice anything until you use them.

So yeah, memchecks got free at last and I really am hype to the possibilities it opens up now that everyone that uses the lattest dev builds can use it :)

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I'm starting to get back into Smash hunger. I hope they announce the Enhanced version along NX in a few weeks. I also hope it's not just the WiiU version in HD. I still want Snake and Ice Climbers.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Considering the issues involving Konami, seeing Solid Snake come back would require a huge miracle.
I disagree. Konami is coming back in some form. We may not like it, buy they're looking for the money. Metal Gear Survive is an obvious example of this. Snake in Smash means free money. I think the issues involving Kojima were the reason for his cut, not Konami itself.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Honestly, I think it would be pretty nice to see Snake back, but at this point, he'd have to be REALLY LUCKY.

In other news, I don't feel so good. My throat's been sore ever since yesterday morning, and I can't stop coughing.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Honestly, I think it would be pretty nice to see Snake back, but at this point, he'd have to be REALLY LUCKY.

In other news, I don't feel so good. My throat's been sore ever since yesterday morning, and I can't stop coughing.
I hope your throat will get better.
Because mine is slowy getting better, but it's still not great.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
I don't know what I did in a past life to get stuck on shifts with a racist, sexist employee (racial slurs, tries to dictate how women should look, gets upset that women don't give him an effing blowjob when he compliments their hair or something), but I suppose it's what I have to deal with. At least he's on thin ice lately, but it's annoying being stuck with him alone. I should just start brainstorming what various tasks I'll have him do today...

(He also told another employee that he thinks I like him... brb vomiting. I mean, aside from the fact that he's clearly a horrible person and that I'm already in a relationship, I find him unattractive and he's way younger than I am. Just because I'm bisexual- and I lean more toward women anyway- doesn't mean I don't have standards, sheesh.)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm working on a Batman tv series cause I'm a nerd.

And my choice for Bruce Wayne is a non-white male. :O

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I just successfully replaced the battery in my Pokemon Gold cart. Now I can be a massive nostalgia ***** :D

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The newest CoroCoro scans for Sun and Moon have been leaked.

Rockruff's evolution is named "Lugarugan" and it has two forms: the Midday Form and the Midnight Form. Rock ruff evolves into the Midday Form when it "takes the sun's power to turn into this marvelous form," while it evolves into the Midnight Form when it is "met with the night's power." No details about the forms' typing and abilities have been revealed, but it sounds like Rockruff's evolutions will have something to do with night and day.

The Midday Form has become one of my favorite Alola Pokemon revealed thus far, right behind Lurantis if I had to be honest. It has a great design overall. As for the Midnight Form... not the biggest fan. Looks a rather weird IMO.

Two more Ultra Beasts were also revealed: UB-02 Beauty and UB-02 Expansion. UB-02 Beauty attracts any Pokemon thanks to its beauty, while UB-02 Expansion's entire body is a weapon. These Ultra Beasts will change between the two versions of the game, with UB-02 Expansion shown facing Tapu Koko in Sun while UB-02 Beauty faces the same Pokemon in Moon. UB-01's name has question marks next to it unlike the other two Ultra Beasts, further raising the mystery surrounding it.

It's probably worth mentioning that UB-02 Beauty resembles Lusamine quite a bit. Both have the elegant pose, as well as pretty long hair. UB-02 Expansion doesn't seem to resemble anyone in particular at the moment, though we could have another character being revealed soon that will look like it.

They also revealed the new Sun and Moon anime. In it, Ash will obtain a Z-ring and encounter Tapu Koko. This time around, Ash will go to school and his goal is graduate "like never before." It also appears that he will befriend Lana, Mallow, Sophocles, and Lillie from the get go. Team Rocket will also be returning.

The art-style looks rather funny compared to what we had in the Kalos series, though it does fit the cheery atmosphere of the Alola region. I'm hoping that Ash will maintain his level of maturity from the XY/XY&Z series going into the new SM anime. It was the most likable Ash has ever been.

The scans also state the true strength of Type: Null will be revealed in the next issue.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
High school.
AKA the moment of your life where everytime you will go home, you will just want to rest on your bed for 2 hours.
Or in my case, going on Internet.
Anyway, sup' guys, how ya going?

Arrei

Smash Lord
High school.
AKA the moment of your life where everytime you will go home, you will just want to rest on your bed for 2 hours.
Funny, I called that period of my life "my entire life".

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Funny, I called that period of my life "my entire life".
So, even as a baby, you were already in high school?
Man, what a country of jokers.
DCdxgDz.png

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Hey, from a certain viewpoint life is just high school. No matter your age you've got the cliques, the petty drama, some older guy telling you what to do.

Except you start getting paid for it at some point.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey, from a certain viewpoint life is just high school. No matter your age you've got the cliques, the petty drama, some older guy telling you what to do.

Except you start getting paid for it at some point.
I'm already getting payed and it was even before I got to high school.
And if what my parent said is true, I will be more rich than them in a few years.
So yeah, atleast, I'm pretty happy about this.:denzel:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
High school.
Anyway, sup' guys, how ya going?
As a senior in high school, I know the feeling.
Aether foundation is actually Ultra Beastgs, almost undoubtedly confirmed. Hopefully this convinces people Lusamine isn't the baddie.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
As a senior in high school, I know the feeling.
Aether foundation is actually Ultra Beastgs, almost undoubtedly confirmed. Hopefully this convinces people Lusamine isn't the baddie.
I hope you the best dude.

I'm currently rewriting some point on the Tvtrope page I talked before FalKoopa FalKoopa , so it should be out pretty soon.
Of course, if you are busy, I won't force you right now, as usual.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The newest CoroCoro scans for Sun and Moon have been leaked.

Rockruff's evolution is named "Lugarugan" and it has two forms: the Midday Form and the Midnight Form. Rock ruff evolves into the Midday Form when it "takes the sun's power to turn into this marvelous form," while it evolves into the Midnight Form when it is "met with the night's power." No details about the forms' typing and abilities have been revealed, but it sounds like Rockruff's evolutions will have something to do with night and day.

The Midday Form has become one of my favorite Alola Pokemon revealed thus far, right behind Lurantis if I had to be honest. It has a great design overall. As for the Midnight Form... not the biggest fan. Looks a rather weird IMO.

Two more Ultra Beasts were also revealed: UB-02 Beauty and UB-02 Expansion. UB-02 Beauty attracts any Pokemon thanks to its beauty, while UB-02 Expansion's entire body is a weapon. These Ultra Beasts will change between the two versions of the game, with UB-02 Expansion shown facing Tapu Koko in Sun while UB-02 Beauty faces the same Pokemon in Moon. UB-01's name has question marks next to it unlike the other two Ultra Beasts, further raising the mystery surrounding it.

It's probably worth mentioning that UB-02 Beauty resembles Lusamine quite a bit. Both have the elegant pose, as well as pretty long hair. UB-02 Expansion doesn't seem to resemble anyone in particular at the moment, though we could have another character being revealed soon that will look like it.

They also revealed the new Sun and Moon anime. In it, Ash will obtain a Z-ring and encounter Tapu Koko. This time around, Ash will go to school and his goal is graduate "like never before." It also appears that he will befriend Lana, Mallow, Sophocles, and Lillie from the get go. Team Rocket will also be returning.

The art-style looks rather funny compared to what we had in the Kalos series, though it does fit the cheery atmosphere of the Alola region. I'm hoping that Ash will maintain his level of maturity from the XY/XY&Z series going into the new SM anime. It was the most likable Ash has ever been.

The scans also state the true strength of Type: Null will be revealed in the next issue.
My entire thoughts on this:

I really like the Midnight form Lugarugan. It just looks so deranged.

I have a (admittedly wishful) theory that the Ultra Beasts are a result of the Aether Foundation experimenting with artificial life. I know that Porygon line's existence disproves my idea, but I want their backstory to be dark.

Also, given that the Aether foundation seems sinister... I want to think it's a subtle jab at PETA.

About the anime, it does look sillier, and I hope the writers don't just dump Serena, because that would be a shame with just how much the AmourShipping was hinted at.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
****, it's too late for me.
I swear, the moment where I will be able to post on the DR is the moment I will go Overdrive with my post.
Anyway, Good night guys, wish me luck for tomorrow.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Guys, serious serious s**t is going down on Twitter that you might have an interest in.

Basically, there's a good chance the NX will be revealed within the next few days.

Firstly, a guy called @ToniCodrea sent two Snapchats (yes, leaking something on Snapchat) of what looks like a conference room with artwork of Nintendo characters at the front.

At almost the same time, a dev with access to Nintendo's SDKs tweeted that he found a zip file called HAC_SDK-1_0_0-20160828-en.zip on Nintendo's site and he believes this to be the NX dev kit. @NWPlayer is backing him up and they've been leaking info left, right and center, saying that it'll have an ARM CPU, among other things.

So, yeah.

Last edited:

Argos

Smash Apprentice
If I've learned anything from Nintendo rumors on Twitter it's to take everything with a grain of salt. A hill of salt. Just cover myself in salt.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
OK, apparently the conference thing is just an annual meeting for GameStop managers about their products over the holiday season.

My bad lol.

In B4 they reveal it at this meeting in the most anticlimactic way possible.

But I still consider NWPlayer123 a reliable source.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Alright, new crack theory for sun and moon: The Aether Foundation is pulling a Scooby-Doo Alien Invasion. The members are secretly the Ultra Beasts. UB-01 disguises itself as Lillie to avoid being discovered. Eventually, becoming lowly it manages to create UB-02 Beauty, who it has be disguised as it's mom, and pulls the strings of the Aether Foundation behind the scenes.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Alright, new crack theory for sun and moon: The Aether Foundation is pulling a Scooby-Doo Alien Invasion. The members are secretly the Ultra Beasts. UB-01 disguises itself as Lillie to avoid being discovered. Eventually, becoming lowly it manages to create UB-02 Beauty, who it has be disguised as it's mom, and pulls the strings of the Aether Foundation behind the scenes.
From "Scooby-Doo Alien" I thought you were gonna say the Ultra Beasts were just Lillie, Lusamine and the others wearing cheap costumes and playing parlor tricks with lights and stuff.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
From "Scooby-Doo Alien" I thought you were gonna say the Ultra Beasts were just Lillie, Lusamine and the others wearing cheap costumes and playing parlor tricks with lights and stuff.
lo, sorry but no, there's those pokemaniacs for those.

I think I might still have that movie around the house somewhere........ahh good times.

Argos

Smash Apprentice
Now I'm going to boycott the game if this isn't the case.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well the batmobile literally ruined this potentially awesome game.

I'd have more control running on a frozen lake wearing buttered slippers than ****ing trying to blow up a tank chasing Commissioner Gordon.

Top Bottom