• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - October 24th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. At long last, the Wii U version supports eight-player multiplayer!! It gets pretty hectic watching eight people duke it out at once."

He also included another picture saying "And here's a stage prepared for a large number of fighters, Big Battlefield!! Fighters can spread out, so it should be easier battling on a stage like this."

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
First! and also:

Apex 20XX Quadruples Grand finals:

Fox fox fox and fox vs fox fox fox and fox!

Last edited:

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
Mewtwo hype is too strong :mewtwopm:

JagoTheTiger

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo hype is too strong :mewtwopm:
Too string bro......TOO STRONG.
but i am not to happy about his design tho,I rather the melee design better. but the fact is that MEWTWOOOS BACK.

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Well, it's time to assemble a team.

Last edited:

Requiem Strider

Smash Rookie
NNID
Requiem_Strider
3DS FC
0044-3073-6859
I love how the original Smash 64 starters are on the first pic.

Malion

Smash Ace
I think Big Battlefield would make a great alternative to Final Destination for tournaments.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Imagine 8 Ice Climbers!
Oh, wait.
Imagine 8 Pokemon Trainers all performing Triple Finish!

The first thing I want to try with 8 player Smash is to see if I can break it.

Last edited:

willober1

Smash Rookie
8 player team hasn't been confirmed yet. WHY HAVE PEOPLE ALREADY STARTING TALKING TEAMS.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
this also explains why every character has at least 8 different color pallettes.

I'm super hyped for Mewtwo still... everything else is awesome as well, but Nothing beats the announcement of Mewtwo

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
:4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon:
If they all perform a Falcon Punch, good god would that be loud as ****, and maybe ACTUALLY break your TV screen this time if all connect.

Very Fun and Funny Possibilities...
:4link:x8
:4fox:x8
Ultimate Sword Battle:
:4darkpit::4myfriends::4link::4lucina::4marth::4pit::4shulk::4tlink:
Battle of the Heavy and the Bulky:
:4bowser::4falcon::4charizard::4dedede::4dk::4ganondorf::4link::4yoshi:
Battle of the Cheap Reflectors:
:4darkpit::4drmario::4falco::4fox::4mario::4ness::4palutena::4zelda:
Battle of the Counters:
:4greninja::4myfriends::4littlemac::4lucario::4lucina::4marth::4palutena::4shulk:
Battle of the High:
:rosalina::4sheik::4marth::4littlemac::4lucina::4greninja::4link::4duckhunt:
Battle of the Low:
:4dk::4kirby::4luigi::4megaman::4olimar::4palutena::4tlink::4villager:
Crusade of the Power Kills:
:4bowser::4charizard::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff::4littlemac::4lucina::4ness::4shulk:
Strife of the Small:
:4bowserjr::4diddy::4drmario::4duckhunt::4gaw::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4littlemac:/:4link:
:4luigi::4mario::4megaman::4metaknight::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4ness:
:4olimar::4pacman::4pikachu::4sonic::4tlink::4villager::4wario::4yoshi:

So many combinations...
Oh, and anyone notice how Little Mac is an inch bigger than Link? I think that's just funny.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
8 player smash be like
image.jpg

Malion

Smash Ace
Can you even plug in two GC adapters? There are two USB ports on a single adapter I don't know if there are more than 2 ports on the wiiu though.

Likely the other 4 will be pro controllers or classic controllers or that one guy with the 3ds

Knowwuh

Smash Cadet
Can you even plug in two GC adapters? There are two USB ports on a single adapter I don't know if there are more than 2 ports on the wiiu though.

Likely the other 4 will be pro controllers or classic controllers or that one guy with the 3ds
From the Smash Bros website: "Two GameCube Controller Adapter for Wii U accessories are required to connect eight GameCube controllers (each sold separately)"

http://www.smashbros.com/us/howto/entry10.html

ask_thedoctor

Smash Rookie

Yes, you can plug in 2 NGC adapters; one in the front, one in the back.

Dust the Baptist

Weeaboos aren't people.
NNID
Mank210
3DS FC
2809-9541-0380
I can't wait for the one guy at a tournament who says he wants to have the 8th controller port in a 1v1.

D

Deleted member

Warning Received
img removed

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperHyperMegaTurbo

Smash Cadet
Sorry Smash Bros Crusade, time to make way for the real deal.
Indeed... it's like they were a step ahead, huh?

And I have to say that 8-Player and everything in general has me hyped more than anything I've seen since the April direct.

This is going to be a great game.

Last edited:

Redd500

Smash Apprentice
Maybe, just maybe, they decided to put in 8-Player Smash as a consolation for no Ice Climbers? I mean, they knew they could have 8 characters running no problem, and if the only dual character is out, then did they just decide "You know what? We have all this power and nothing to use it on. Why not make an 8-player mode?"

Keeshu

Smash Ace
8 player Smash. Yes, even more chaos! I love it!
I have a feeling they did 8 player smash because of the amiibos to be honest. 1 Amiibo per player + the players, if you had a squad of people playing together normally, now you get to all have an amiibo partner while you fight (though for me, I'll probably either not have an Amiibo, or I'll focus on fighting him. or I get some 2 vs 3 [or more] going on just to make things fair). This sounds so awesome.

Due to having 2 Wii motes, 4 wired Gamecube controllers, and 1 Wireless controller, I can have up to 7 players. 8 players if someone gives me their wireless Gamecube controller that they bought even though they do not have a Gamecube. (Seriously, why buy a controller for a system you do not have?).
I just gotta go buy some adapters, but I'll have to get used to the wii-motes so I can be versatile (and I view the wii-mote as a downgrade, due to being less comfortable and imo less competitive. I wouldn't want my guests hands to hurt).

Also, I am very happy he included one picture of the original Starters in 64, and another picture of 8 of the newcomers in SSB4.

My resistance to buy games has officially gone. I am going to buy the Wii U and SSB4 when it comes out. I look forward to facing off against you guys when the time comes.
Hopefully I can get some people in my town to play smash games too.

The Smash games are, and always will be my favorite video game series.

Top Bottom