• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Smash@UWaterloo : A New Era ~

infomon

Smash Scientist
^^ mrrrrrf sorry jpak
uhhh I'm getting real busy, doubt I'll have time for bawrl in the next l'il while :urg:

blarrrrghrrrrlrrrgggggrrrrrr

ShiFu

Smash Cadet
Hey jpak I'm free to brawl for a little bit tonight. Though probably not too late so try to get back to me quickly.

Also there is that UW Gamers brawl tourney, singles and doubles, coming up, in case you didn't know that. It's on the 6th at SLC.

Edit: never mind sorry maybe later during the week or just come to the tournament. xD

EWC

Smash Ace
Ok, I'll be up for smash this week, probably on Wednesday or Thursday or something. I'm also telling everyone I know here a Waterloo to go. I think I can get two cubes. We can use one of the rooms with a projector, but hopefully someone can bring a tv.

I'm really sorry about last week. I didn't think to check the boards after I posted that I wouldn't be coming, so I didn't know that you needed a disk. If you want to be able to contact me in the future, PM me and I'll give you my cell number.

Also, I really hope that we can get back into weeklies this summer. I should be able to make time on any day of the week for that as long as it's consistent.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Ok, I'll be up for smash this week, probably on Wednesday or Thursday or something. I'm also telling everyone I know here a Waterloo to go. I think I can get two cubes. We can use one of the rooms with a projector, but hopefully someone can bring a tv.

Also, I really hope that we can get back into weeklies this summer. I should be able to make time on any day of the week for that as long as it's consistent.
-lol, guess not tomorrow then
-projectors are laggy, but it's acceptable if ppl don't mind
-i'll be down for summer for sure, but i'll be balancing two jobs, so we'll see how that goes

I might be feeling like coming down for A BIT.

Maybe an hour and a bit. Don't want to stay long.
-if not enough ppl post, i don't want to make the 30 min travel time so make sure you check here before going lol

Stuff sorta came up anyways, just assignments like the usual. So if not enough ppl are going, it's fine with me to not go.

EWC

Smash Ace
Tomorrow is probably no good for me. I've got a bunch of assignments that need doing, which will probably occupy most of Monday and Tuesday for me.

True projectors suck, but I'm just trying to motivate more people to come. Thing is, I don't know how many people can bring tv's, and most people won't really want to go if there's only one setup. Last semester, we had Josh+Peter+Steven all bringing their tv's every week, which helped enormously. Now we have none of that, which kinda kills people's motivation.

This summer, I Steven is going to be back in UWP, so he should be able to bring his tv again. I have a pretty decent job lined up for the summer, so I might look into getting a cheap tv too. So we'll hopefully have more setups going then.

tldr: summer, get hyped

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
I know I know. It's the main reason why I went from coming every week to haven't since... that tourney? lol.

And it's fine if you don't go tomorrow. I was just saying.

Also, projectors are actually fine. Just takes a while to adjust back to TV after LOL

jpak

Smash Lord
Hey jpak I'm free to brawl for a little bit tonight. Though probably not too late so try to get back to me quickly.

Also there is that UW Gamers brawl tourney, singles and doubles, coming up, in case you didn't know that. It's on the 6th at SLC.

Edit: never mind sorry maybe later during the week or just come to the tournament. xD
Wish I read this earlier, I want to play against a few other pepople before that tournament, the only people I've played against are my floor mates and I can beat them regularly, so I want to see how I fair against others. Tell me if you want to play!

Or anyone else that wants to play brawl!

jpak

Smash Lord
Hey, does anyone know if its possible, and if so, how to make wifi work forthe wii on campus?

EWC

Smash Ace
Ok this is going down tomorrow for sure. I have confirmation from a bunch of uw people.

jpak

Smash Lord
Are you guys playing all melee tomorrow? If not, where and when are you guys playing?

EWC

Smash Ace
We'll be in one of the rooms on the second floor of RCH. Probably 208, but maybe somewhere else nearby if that's occupied.

Mysteek

Smash Cadet
Wednesdays are impossible for me due to my classes, Thursdays are best.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
Again, if I don't work I can make it. Today was a success. Mike, Lanowen, EWC, TC, that other guy whos name I never got and myself were all there and tons of lag induced singles went down.

EWC

Smash Ace
Yo let's do this again next week. Only this time, play at UWP lounge, were there's an extra, non-laggy tv.

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
I'm okay. I went to the hospital to get looked at (mostly because the walk-in clinic closed early) and in the end, they couldn't find anything wrong. The doc said it was probably just a panic attack or something (which makes sense to me, because I know what my course-load will be like next term and it doesn't look pretty), and otherwise I seemed to be perfectly fine.

I'm all for this next week. Minus me almost fainting. >_>

Flan

Smash Journeyman
@jpak I hear your pain. Most of the brawl players haven't lasted long just because of lack of community. Try looking through this thread and contacting some of the people who posted about Brawl.

UWP is good with me. I'm free on Wednesday and Thursday.

annsy

Smash Cadet
Wish there were more brawl players :(!
yay a brawl player. there's a few of them around...where abouts are you at? there's a small tourney at UW tomorrow for brawl, maybe melee and original, they're not too sure. $5 for singles starting 5 pm, doubles $8 per team starting at noon, there will be some people from the brawl scene there. :)

Cohen

Smash Apprentice
yay a brawl player. there's a few of them around...where abouts are you at? there's a small tourney at UW tomorrow for brawl, maybe melee and original, they're not too sure. $5 for singles starting 5 pm, doubles $8 per team starting at noon, there will be some people from the brawl scene there. :)

I'm down for brawl tomorrow, and i could maybe bring some people. Where will the tourney be held at? Like...Specifically. I can't make doubles (school till 2:30)... but you if get back to me I'll be there for singles for sure.

Top Bottom