• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Smash@UWaterloo : A New Era ~

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
GGs guys, nice to (finally :p) meet some of you. Looking forward to next time, whichever day it may be.

Seing the relative new-ness of the meetings at UW reminds me a lot of when Victoria was still a fledgeling smash community (we've been meeting at UVic for almost two full years now, and we've definitely made our mark in BC smash these days), doing the exact same thing you guys are doing now... wow, we've come a long way since then.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
@Infzy: Next week we might be playing on Monday instead.

@Community: We got a total of 7 people out! Its a start!

Keasta, Mysteek, Brian, Peter, Jack, Josh, Mike, Paul, and everyone else: You guys miss out huge when you don't come out!
MONDAY MAY ACTUALLY BE AN AWESOME TIME
-my parents work
-I can get the car
= easy peasy sneaking out

bad thing is i'd miss heroes if i stayed too long LOL

BUT YES IF MONDAY works for you guys it will work for me as well. agian tho, I cannot supply a full setup as I cannot sneak out a TV lol.

I just wish there were more ppl there, I just don't want to spend 30 minutes getting there and get stuck playing doubles with people I don't know lol and/or having to wait too long to play due to lack of setups. I know I shouldn't be talking since I can't help this by bringing my own setup/tv, but it sucks when other ppl who can bring one simply don't when they could just to try to make a point (like that one time how peter stopped bringing his TV to prove a point of how fail it would be without them... we get the point, and I'm not criticizing you guys, I really do appreciate it and that's why I come out and contribute a body to the community). I just might as well play at home, but I feel bad for not contributing to a community i was more active with last semester.

Either way, if more people confirm, I'll be able to come EARLY for once on a Monday since my sisters don't have to work and hog my transportation.

@ peter: it'd be sick if you could come and bring a TV like you used to =( tho I know you got a job and all... school is the way to go ;)

@ flan: what did you say about brian's life going down the drain O_o

@ josh: are you in coop or something? why the sudden disappearance from UoW?

I'm just so misinformed xD

edit: I just reread this lol, and sorry if it sounsd like a rant/complaint. I'm in no position to criticize this community since I can't supply a TV myself, but I really miss coming out to these to play ppl that I rarely ever get to play in general and it really is a priveledge, I just miss it when it used to be so smooth with like 3/4 TVs going with singles everywhere. i just really wish more ppl could bring setups so it's not just doubles on 1 TV and a lineup for a laggy projector.

Again, I don't mean to come across in a negative way at all. I'm just expressing with I miss used to happen.

edit 2: i also want to try to make this sound as un-biased as possible. while I don't hate brawl, I just play melee over it, I hope that from now on if it's limited in setups and more than 90% of the ppl there are melee'ers, that there isn't a brawl setup in the corner with 2 ppl playing for hours straight just cuz no one else wnats to brawl. I'm not trying to sound selfish at all but if there's like 10+ ppl waiting to play melee on 1/2 setups and there's 2 brawlers playing brawl in the corner (assuming that the setup isn't theirs) then that's sort of unfair to the majority.

edit 3: once again I don't mean to sound critical in any way xD I keep rereading this and it sounds horrible... I'm just trying to pinpoint some reasons to why this community seems as inactive as it is compared to what it used to be.

if there is anyone who is offended with my post by any means get at me. i just want to try to optimize this get together so that it's as active as it used to be. i'm sure there are many ppl who feel the way i do, but maybe to a lesser degree since many of the ppl are from UW and can 'drop by' anytime rather than some of us who travel 30 min to get here

i want to send a huge thanks to flan who continuously brings a setup even tho he can't DRIVE and DOES NOT go to UoW at all. even with his HUGE tv. thanks again flan, you kept this up.

josh you are amazing too, always contributing 1+ tvs to this, and being one of the best players at this get together makes it a really appealing thing to attend

peter you suck for getting a job that's 50+ hours or so lol, kidding man, just wish we played more

brian/SD: get more active!

everyone else: practise practise practise (:

/end expressing of feelings lol

Sanu

Smash Champion
Keasta, Mysteek, Brian, Peter, Jack, Josh, Mike, Paul, and everyone else: You guys miss out huge when you don't come out!
There's no way I can make it to Waterloo from Toronto every Tuesday lol. I'll try to come to at least one but that's all I promise, not even sure which one it'll be. Does that answer your question Jack? :laugh:

ANYWAYS, ONTO THE MORE IMPORTANT PART OF MY POST

V
V
V

Okay cool, so in case you guys didn't know, I'm going to be hosting a MELEE tourney at LBT2 (Lets Brawl Toronto 2) on February 6th. It's going to be great, I'm going to see if the Quebecois have the time/money to make it. It's gonna be ****ing awesome, consider this your official first post-pound 4 training tournament!! Register, confirm setups and all that sexy ****

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252441

Josh told me about this tournament at some point during last weekend at pound 4. I'm very interested and will most likely come for melee.

:)
QUEBEC IS GONNA COME TOO AND ROCHESTER NY HAS SHOWN INTEREST!! GET ****ING HYPED AND CONFIRMED! :):):)

P.S., just remember guys, I convinced the top players from the GTA (Unknown522, Raynex, I.B, Kirbykaze) to come all the way from Toronto to our ****ty Waterloo tournament so I expect you guys to return the favor!! GONNA BE GOOD~!

Vauss

Smash Cadet
I can get a small TV for next week guys! Unfortunately, it doesn't have the standard RCA connections cuz it's so old. Anybody have a coax (standard cable TV cable) converter? Or can anyone tell me where to get one?

Flan

Smash Journeyman
Jack! Come by to us!!!!!! I'll bring my TV until we get more but taking that thing by myself is torture...

Also, I could go on a long rant about Brian and the fact that he is getting nowhere in life but I'm sure he will come on here and blast me for critizing him. IMO Brian is tossing away everything he has for nothing.

Josh! We need your TV's! Come when you can, I enjoy our Peach dittos of hilariousness.

I can't make it to that tournament since I'm actually in Toronto for trip from the 7th-9th and I know my parents want me around...sorry.

Clarence! No idea what you would need but bring it if you can figure things out.

Talking Chicken! You are such a chill guy and you have a good Doc. Now we can all start learning that match-up.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Are we talking this Monday (the 25th)? I can probably for once make it EARLY but i won't be able to stay late since my mom needs to get picked up T_T

Also, I'm willing to help ppl bring TVs since I can't bring my own... but I need ppl to tell me where to be haha.

Flan I'll Peach ditto you =) lol

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Yo talking_chicken, is your name Richard by any chance?
Nope. Some people call me Mark. Those people are wrong, too. :p

I'm Matt. If you're going by my location, I can't say I know any Richards. If you're going by my name or my main, I can't help you. :p

Flan said:
Talking Chicken! You are such a chill guy and you have a good Doc. Now we can all start learning that match-up.
Haha, thanks. I've still got a ways to go, though. Most of the Victoria Melee community beats me somewhat handily. I'm more of a 64 player at heart. :p

I would be interested in going to this Melee tourney, though. Anyone else?

infomon

Smash Scientist
If anyone wants to come to LBT2 I'll be renting a car and driving down for it
1 spot's taken already, so liek 2 or 3 moar spotz

Flan

Smash Journeyman
@Jack: I'll try and get there earlier as well on Monday then for your sake. Peach dittos? Hellz yeah. Or I can try out my new Falco/Marth.

@Matt: I might be able to bring a 64 set-up sometime. I just need controllers though.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Melee players!! Take this man up on his offer, come to LBT2!! It's gonna be great!

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
@Matt: I might be able to bring a 64 set-up sometime. I just need controllers though.
Sweet. I have a controller with me that I'll try to bring every week; the stick is alright, but definitely usable. I'm okay with lending it out to people (provided they're not abusive to it or anything, of course :p); I basically got most/all of my 64 skill borrowing other people's controllers anyway, might as well return the favour. :)

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
@infzy: Do you mind making a detour to Brampton to pick me up for LBT2? I'm willing to pay for the ride.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I'm prolly fine with that.

Depends how early they're doing registration and stuff, though. Like I don't want to have to leave my house at 6am.

but it should be ok.

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
I'm prolly fine with that.

Depends how early they're doing registration and stuff, though. Like I don't want to have to leave my house at 6am.

but it should be ok.
They said that registration is done in advance and that check-in is between 9 and 10. Thanks btw.

Edit: To the magic players: Go to the Worldwake prerelease in Kitchener on the 30th and play me. PM me for details.

Vauss

Smash Cadet
Sorry guys, I can't make it for this monday. However, for the next week, I managed to get the proper R/F switch that I needed, so I can bring a TV

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
They said that registration is done in advance and that check-in is between 9 and 10. Thanks btw.

Edit: To the magic players: Go to the Worldwake prerelease in Kitchener on the 30th and play me. PM me for details.
I probalby won't make the tourney >_<

And they have prereleases in Kitchener?? Wanna give me the address lol, I haven't played in so long and I feel like going sorta lol

Also, who's gonna be there on Monday 25th?

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
I probalby won't make the tourney >_<

And they have prereleases in Kitchener?? Wanna give me the address lol, I haven't played in so long and I feel like going sorta lol

Also, who's gonna be there on Monday 25th?

The store is called Phoenix Games. 86 Queen St. South, Kitchener, ON

They have prereleases, releases and FNMs there.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Would you stop by Guelph (not thaaaaat far) to pick up a poor soul desperate to melee? lol

I'd pay for gas/etc, I just don't have any other method of getting there lol

The store is called Phoenix Games. 86 Queen St. South, Kitchener, ON

They have prereleases, releases and FNMs there.
thanks, I'll probably go, I haven't played in so long, I miss MTG.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Brian are you going to UoW tomorrow? (Mon 25th?) I'll go for sure if more ppl confirm, like you, lol.

It just doesn't seem like a lot of ppl are going att the moment, and I'd rather not drive 30 min to play with no one lol

EWC

Smash Ace
I'm going tomorrow, and I'll try to get as many other UoW people to go as well.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
I'm going tomorrow, and I'll try to get as many other UoW people to go as well.
Who is this?? I'm just curious.

And would there likely be more than one setup? =\

ESSSSSSSSSSSS DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (SD), GO TOMORROW :)

kthxbai

edit: whoever plays mtg and reads this bring your cards =D we'll play when we can't play smash haha

EWC

Smash Ace
I can bring a gamecube and two controllers, but I don't have a tv, so idk what'll happen. I'll try to get a tv so I can bring a full setup next week.

This is Erik btw.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Okay, I'm sorry, I probably just haven't met you before or don`t remember, since I haven't shown up in a while (my bad...).

IF I do end up coming then I can help you out with a TV if you manage to lay your hands on one.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
As it currently stands both Flan and I both arent coming tonight, just so everyone knows. He has exams and ride issues til 6pm, while I have work myself and can't stay past 8, so yeah, lol....

EWC

Smash Ace
Ok so I can't bring anything other than two controllers today, but starting next week I'll try to get on this.

infomon

Smash Scientist
d'oh I forgot this was tonight not tmrw

I have a tv if anyone wants to come pick it up lol but I'm like a 40min walk from campus lol

Flan

Smash Journeyman
like Jack said, I can't make it today. I got important stuff to worry about in the next days coming.

As for next week, I can make it if its on the Monday. If its on the Tuesday, then I'll be busy with an mtg draft.

G_Wen

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I think I can def make most Mondays since all the PDEng assignments are due on Tuesdays. Depending if I can motivate myself to do it over the weekend I might be able to make Tuesdays. Can't make it today as I'm working late tomorrow and need to finish my PDEng tonight.

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Aaagh, I left my ID badge at Erik's place. Is it alright if I came by picked it up sometime tomorrow/today (Tuesday) before or after work?

EDIT: Never mind, I was both smart and dumb at the same time in that I put it in my jacket so I wouldn't forget, but I forgot it was in my jacket, so I thought I forgot it. Confusing, eh? :p

Vauss

Smash Cadet
Is there any chance we can move this back to Tuesday? Me and Jeremy are having trouble organizing our other obligations away from Monday. As an added incentive, I have a TV I can bring now, that has a home in my office in the building next door.

Top Bottom