• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Smash@UWaterloo : A New Era ~

EWC

Smash Ace
you should just come here instead cuz everyone already knows where it is. also cuz I'm lazy.

Sanu

Smash Champion
I will destroy you all. Except Josh. :bee:
He's right. You louts have lost your edge! On top of that, I've started practising again too... so unless you all want to fall behind forever, it's time to pick yo **** up

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
Is SLC student life centre? I dont know the area so well...What time do you usually play? How many people come? Anyone mildly decent? :p

SyphiliS

Smash Cadet
Yeah, student life centre. Club meetings are usually Wednesdays from 6 - 9pm. A fair amount of people go as there are other games set up in the room and most people play a bit of everything. That's why I wish there were more set-ups for melee.
Mildly decent: EWC and a couple similarly skilled people.

based

Smash Rookie
Are you guys going to be at the SLC this wednesday?

I know a few people and I've been by this semester, but I don't have anyone's number.

I DO however, have a CRT and a cube, which I would be happy to slug along, possibly... .

HexaLing

Smash Rookie
August 18th I attended a mostly casual ssbm tournament at McCabes in Kitchener. It's one block south of the pharmacy school and I came across it last minute by chance right after exams. I quit about 2 years ago but after evo I'm slowly getting back into it, cept now I'm in Toronto on co-op. There's talk on the fb group page of doing smash potentially every other month because there was such a good turn out, so there might be one in October? If you guys join the group and play your cards right by showing interesting (skewing fb poll results) and showing McCabes its profitable (buying food because entry is free) it might become something good. From my understanding Brody Moore is a manager at McCabes and is in charge of the initiative (go easy on him hes doing it for fun not competitively). Thought I should let you know, now that Smashboards is back up. Join the FB group and win money! If you have any questions feel free to post here/pm me.

P.s. I hope K/W isn't dead

SyphiliS

Smash Cadet
Oh cool, I am also from Waterloo doing a co-op in Toronto right now. Do you go to A&C?
I had no idea they do game nights at McCabes. Would totally be interested when I'm back in school.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
August 18th I attended a mostly casual ssbm tournament at McCabes in Kitchener. It's one block south of the pharmacy school and I came across it last minute by chance right after exams. I quit about 2 years ago but after evo I'm slowly getting back into it, cept now I'm in Toronto on co-op. There's talk on the fb group page of doing smash potentially every other month because there was such a good turn out, so there might be one in October? If you guys join the group and play your cards right by showing interesting (skewing fb poll results) and showing McCabes its profitable (buying food because entry is free) it might become something good. From my understanding Brody Moore is a manager at McCabes and is in charge of the initiative (go easy on him hes doing it for fun not competitively). Thought I should let you know, now that Smashboards is back up. Join the FB group and win money! If you have any questions feel free to post here/pm me.

P.s. I hope K/W isn't dead
Oh lol, smash every 2 months. TIME TO SMASH SOME SMASH

Keatsta

Smash Apprentice
UW DDR club will have Smash running Wednesday nights (usually 6-10ish) in the SLC or possibly in the clubs room above Tim Hortons.

We usually run Project M and Melee. Feel free to bring whatever you'd like to play, though. Our limiting factor is TVs so if you want to bring those that'd be great.

You can also play In the Groove, Beatmania iidx, Pop'n Music, stuff like that...

You can join our facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/UWDDR

Eltrion

Smash Cadet
Also, I now have a game room and two P:M setups at my place on Marshal (near Laurier). I'll be having some smashfests at my place this semester.
Tuesdays and Fridays are normally pretty good for me.

MoshJarcus

Smash Rookie
I just moved to Waterloo for University in September and have played Melee a couple times at the DDR Club, are there any other places in K-W/Cambridge that hold smashfests or tourneys regularly?

Keatsta

Smash Apprentice
This term UWDDR is meeting Thursday nights, usually 6-10. You can follow announcements here: https://www.facebook.com/UWDDR

There will be at least one Smash setup every week unless otherwise noted.

We're in desperate need of TVs, though. Pls bring TVs!!!

Oh yeah and tournaments... uhh, I'd like to run another one, but there's a few logistical issues that would need to get sorted out. If you're interested and can help my lazy/incompetent ass, please let me know.

Keatsta

Smash Apprentice
We aren't doing any DDR club stuff this week 'cause it's reading week.

Most other weeks we do something Wednesday and/or Thursday.

Top Bottom