Super Smash Bros. Ultimate suddenly got an update in the form of the Ver. 8.1.0 patch and a free new stage along with it, Small Battlefield!
Here’s a list of everything notable about the update:
- Small Battlefield was added. It’s a Battlefield-like stage with just two platforms instead of Battlefield’s three which somewhat resembles Pokémon Stadium as a result.
- A new preference option for Small Battlefield was added for online battles.
- The Random Stage Selection button has now been split into separate buttons for random normal stages, random Omega forms and random Battlefield forms.
- All stages originating from Smash Bros (Battlefield, Final Destination, Big Battlefield and now finally Small Battlefield) can now play any song from any series.
- The requirements needed to get into Elite Smash were reduced in order to let more players in.
- Matchmaking and online play have both been adjusted.
- Various (and unspecified) gameplay fixes were made.
- Nintendo stated that “further investigations and adjustments to Online mode are to be expected”.
Graphics ( Zerp )
Social Media ( Zerp )