• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
stanley guy has done one thing and get people waiting for proof like it's a real nintendo direct or something.

If nothing comes out of this, stanley has still won.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
We might be careful with trusting vergeben's leaks because:

• He revealed that there would be mysterious Square Enix rep, but as of now he is still checking to make sure that he got their name down
  • Related to Minecraft Content: But have we seen him doubting it, and even vouching for other guy that claims that steve may be playable at all
  • his leaks are correctly right but he didn't have whole picture of final rosters so if characters like King K. Rool and Richter as Simon's echo shows up unexpectedly that's because he didn't have intos on those characters or hasn't heard from his sources yet.
So, if one of his leaks is very true after we saw ken leak, I'll take anything that is related to vergeben's leak with grains of salt
I haven't seen him doubt anything about Minecraft, even in his original GameFaqs post about it. However, he is unsure on what it is exactly.

Of course, his sources might be wrong, but it makes a lot of sense; would be a big marketing move.

Last edited:

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
So... any interesting developments? I hear there's supposed to be a video soon? I don't think he's gonna pull through, but let's see what happens.

View attachment 166084
*he ken

Just pointing out that I also thought that ken's hair here was also a sign of a true thing.
It reminds me of his sf3 hair, which I thought would be in somehow. Ryu's visuals are more SF3 than anything, and I thought Ken would be too.

D

Deleted member

I would love if Nintendo adopt the season character type after the game release, like for one year we got 8 more characters, and 4 new stage.

Would you like to see that happen ?
Honestly, I think I would prefer that method for character DLC this go around. Them giving hard numbers on the amount of content helps set expectations and helps make the wait easier IMO, so yeah, I'd like to see them go with a season pass mentality.

Oh, and I wouldn't count on the Stanley thing playing out. Honestly, I doubt the guy's going to post anything, and even if he does it will most likely be just as good as that leak that had Shadow and a Bravely Default character on it.

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
I haven't seen him doubt anything about Minecraft, even in his original GameFaqs post about it. However, he is unsure on what it is exactly.

Of course, his sources might be wrong, but it makes a lot of sense; would be a big marketing move.
I agree with everything said here. I would add on that Vergeben is very hesitant to post info unless he is 100% sure all of his sources agree, the gamefaqs community has been extremely hostile towards him so it is very understandable Vergeben is doing what he is doing. For example a few days ago someone took his comment about minecraft content on the new leak out of context to say "VERGEBEN SUPPORTS THE PRIMA LEAK" If I was in his position stuff like that would make me hesitant to post stuff unless I'm 100% sure it's real.

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
to absolutely no one's surprise:

IT'S ****ING NOTHING.

At least, we can call it ded because stanley leaker didn't post anything at all.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I would love if Nintendo adopt the season character type after the game release, like for one year we got 8 more characters, and 4 new stage.

Would you like to see that happen ?
Sounds good. The one thing that I found frustrating about the SSB4 DLC is that there was no “Smash Pass” for the game, as much as I loved the content it provided. So something like this can really be great.

But question, though: how many of those eight characters would be Echo Fighters and how many would be unique?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
to absolutely no one's surprise:

(Image removed)

At least, we can call it ded because stanley leaker didn't post anything at all.
I’m honestly not surprised

Anyway you may wanna censor the swear or put the image under a spoiler box with a swearing warning, I don’t want you getting into trouble

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wasn’t expecting real leaks but come on.

At least give me a laugh with some poorly made footage.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I mean, he's a human too. He probably isn't posting it at exactly 9 AM PST.

or he gives us another excuse

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Remember that Shadow video leak last month? That was pretty impressive even though Shadow’s model movement kinda gave it away

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
Well... When the next ballot round comes, we're all voting for Stanley right? I can't rest until he finally gets his place on the podium he has long deserved.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Well, Rip... In other news... Do most of you guys believe the Ken Leak?
or he gives us another excuse
"I'm sorry guys, i'm to tired to upload. Check back tomorrow"
Man, that Ken leak really messed up this guy's schedule

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Well, Rip... In othe... Do most of you guys believe the Ken Leak?
Eh, I'll believe it since this leak have alot of evidence that it's legit.

He posted.... a link to rick astley
He could be stanley leaker or not, he wants to troll everyone just for fun or ****posting. But not surprising at all, I would expect him linking to some troll video or fake video.

Edit: :ultgreninja:'d. turned out that he's not stanley leaker, so move on peeps!

Last edited:

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
It's either an anon troll, or we just got rickrolled:

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
I expected this tbh.

Nothing from that second post saying today was the day pointed towards the original Stanley dude at all, and him adding Steve to the character list after all the talk just screamed fake.

Dude didn't use a tripcode or anything so literally anyone could pose as him and post whatever they wanted.

Regardless, I don't think the Stanley guy is legit. Some things he lists are just weird, like you know there's 108 stages but somehow don't even know one?

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Take a shot for everyone who posts the rickroll without reading that it wasn't the same dude

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Aaaaand I guess we’re back to waiting if the Ken guy posts anything extra

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
Credit to tails on discord for finding this
It's a troll, LaxChris is supposedly streaming:

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Why is the Ken leak between being taken so seriously when the Banjo screencap leak with no found preexisting render got dismissed so fast?

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
There is a lot of trolls in 4Chan today. They say they claim footage only to end up revealing to be Rick Roll.

This is an old meme and this is why I hate 4chan sometimes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom