• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
"Brave" is just Orta, guys.

She rides dragons and stuff. That's pretty brave.

Shutup I'm on a Panzer Dragoon kick let me have this.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Guys I figured out the true character that is "Brave"!

Dirk The DARING!

Who's final smash is his death glare after he bites it, which kills everyone on the screen because he became so sick and tired and players killing him just to see the death scenes!
As much as I LOVE Don Bluth, unless they showcase all the creative ways he can die, I’m not interested.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So... What is yall's current stance on the Erdrick-Ryu2-Steve-Doomguy leak?
It's only real if we see Ryu Hayabusa or DOOM Marine is my stance.
Erdrick has been shuffled around quite a bit to the point that like Ken, the leak seems to be piggybacking off that. Steve is also a common speculation based on what Verge has said before about there being Minecraft content, even if he later stated it's only a boss he heard about.

Though if "Brave" is the smaller Erdrick from the classic style, I can't see him having alts for the two characters mentioned. And without those alts, the leak is automatically fake.
So....the leak is most likely fake in my eyes.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Apparently DL64 actually isn't a perfect battlefield clone like I thought. The platforms are raised just a teeny bit higher

t. me, who knows little mac up smash snipes underneath BD platforms but not this time i guess :^(

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
"Brave" is just Orta, guys.

She rides dragons and stuff. That's pretty brave.

Shutup I'm on a Panzer Dragoon kick let me have this.
Do the Dragon species in PD not have a name?

I wish i could actually play the series but Sega lost the source code for the 2nd and RPG one lol

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I'm kind of annoyed that in order to switch the music in the menu, you have to spend hours in completing WOL which includes doing the final map.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Pfft, "Brave" is obviously "Zelgius the Brave", a highly requested blue-haired FE swordsmen. He gets around the BK assist trophy for the same reason Zelda and Sheik have seperate roster slots.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Do the Dragon species in PD not have a name?

I wish i could actually play the series but Sega lost the source code for the 2nd and RPG one lol
Nope. Just called drago--

WAIT. NO. WHAT. NO.

BUT PANZER DRAGOON SAGA NEEDS A REMASTER SO BADLY. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Now nobody's gonna ****ing play it. It's the best 32-bit era RPG no one's ever going to play because it's $600 and on the Sega Saturn.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I know they have no chance. But I’d really like a classic Midway Arcade Character in Smash. I’m stuck between these potential options. Either a Rampage Character (I think George, Lizzie, and Ralph could work Bowser Jr style of you primarily focus on the first few titles) or a character from Gauntlet (My choice would be Thyra the Valkyrie, but there’s also Thor the Warrior, Merlin the Wizard, and Questor the Elf). What do you guys think?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Nope. Just called drago--

WAIT. NO. WHAT. NO.

BUT PANZER DRAGOON SAGA NEEDS A REMASTER SO BADLY. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Now nobody's gonna ****ing play it. It's the best 32-bit era RPG no one's ever going to play because it's $600 and on the Sega Saturn.
did it never get some type of virtual console

Yusa

Smash Cadet
I'm having a hell of a hard time beating campy defensive players online (mostly Links). I can't bear it after a while, rush in and get shielded, since you can hardly ever get a grab off when being bombarded...any tips? Is it just my temper? Should i let them spam and just keep dodging?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm having a hell of a hard time beating campy defensive players online (mostly Links). I can't bear it after a while, rush in and get shielded, since you can hardly ever get a grab off when being bombarded...any tips? Is it just my temper? Should i let them spam and just keep dodging?
What character you playing in the situation? Cause that's an important part

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Pfft, "Brave" is obviously "Zelgius the Brave", a highly requested blue-haired FE swordsmen. He gets around the BK assist trophy for the same reason Zelda and Sheik have seperate roster slots.
How hysterical would it be if "Brave" is just one of the FE characters that were made into Brave units in Heroes? Still got Hector, Ephraim, Celica, Veronica, and if you want to count her since she's not playable Lyn. The salt would fly again.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
did it never get some type of virtual console
Nope. The Sega Saturn hardware was stupid and very difficult to emulate. Any Saturn rerelease would basically require a remaster of sorts to be done. Meanwhile the Playstation was much easier to emulate, so Sony released half of its catalog on PS3/Vita.

Adding to that, Saga was released shortly before the Dreamcast came out, so it saw a limited release. Especially outside of Japan. It's amazing that the English version was actually finished. But to find an English version is gonna cost you $600 minimum.

Orta, the Xbox exclusive, is the easiest game to find and play. And it's backwards compatible on Xbox One now with a resolution upgrade. And if you beat the game on hard you unlock the first game in its entirety. That's the only porting I know of for any of the Saturn PD games.

They're remaking the first two PD games now, which is awesome and more than I could have ever hoped for. But remaking Saga would be much, much more difficult and will probably never happen. So I'll just be at the "PD Saga is my favorite old school RPG" table sitting by myself for the rest of eternity.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Its easy to deal with Links if you have a character that can reflect/absorb their projectiles.

Otherwise it's a gigantic pain for me.

Yusa

Smash Cadet
What character you playing in the situation? Cause that's an important part
Mostly heavy-weights...Ridley, Bowser or Dedede...i know that therein lies the problem, but there's gotta be something. Dedede's inhale is too slow against Link, and the others are also outranged by his sword. It seems a horrible matchup, honestly :(

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
How hysterical would it be if "Brave" is just one of the FE characters that were made into Brave units in Heroes? Still got Hector, Ephraim, Celica, Veronica, and if you want to count her since she's not playable Lyn. The salt would fly again.
If it was Lyn, I would happily eat all the salt.
As it is now though, I am the salt.

D

Deleted member

Brave Camilla, since that was robbed from us. :V

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Mostly heavy-weights...Ridley, Bowser or Dedede...i know that therein lies the problem, but there's gotta be something. Dedede's inhale is too slow against Link, and the others are also outranged by his sword. It seems a horrible matchup, honestly :(
You tried Ridley or Bowser side b when you try rushing to which they usually shield?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Considering that you can assume Sakurai only let :ultchrom: in due to the amount of pictures and other stuff in the game that allude to him being super mega highly popular, I doubt we'll get another FE character ever again.

Or until they cut Corrin out

osby

Smash Obsessed
I hope it's Celica then, I want Smash fandom trying to argue a character from a two year old game is a promotional pick.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It is a terrible match up for heavies, but not totally the problem.

You said you were rushing in? Well that's exactly what Link wants you to do as a heavy, believe it or not. He wants you to run strait into his sword. You've got to be patient and opportunistic. Corner him and wait for an opening. Then once and if you win neutral, that's your chance to be aggressive and rush him down.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I know they have no chance. But I’d really like a classic Midway Arcade Character in Smash. I’m stuck between these potential options. Either a Rampage Character (I think George, Lizzie, and Ralph could work Bowser Jr style of you primarily focus on the first few titles) or a character from Gauntlet (My choice would be Thyra the Valkyrie, but there’s also Thor the Warrior, Merlin the Wizard, and Questor the Elf). What do you guys think?
What about Ms. Pac-Man as a Pac-Man echo? She was created by Midway iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom