• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Honestly a lot of nerdy stuff is really mainstream these days so unless you have wall to wall wallscrolls and dakimakura all over the place I don't think most would care.

SmashPro32

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4872-0139-5121
um im sure thats ok because i cleared it anyway and i had the same issue when unlocking him but actually did it in challenger's approach.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I know we went pass these earlier but I still wanna share some thoughts

The talk about Celeste made me think of a potential Spirit Battle for Madeline:

-The enemy tends to avoid conflict
-The enemy prefers up specials

Assisted by:

Who prefers neutral specials (specifically strawberries)

Stage: Summit
Music: Ice Cave Chant (Donkey Kong Country)
If they don’t get the rights to any music from her game.

Tropical Freeze is amazing and I know this word is a bit controversial around here but I think I can safely say it DESERVES to have a stage in Smash, I’d say Homecoming Hijinks would make a good stage and some songs I’d love to hear are:
Homecoming Hijinks
Scorch n’ Torch
Big Top Bop
Amiss Abyss
Seashore War
Busted Bayou

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Good lord, that’s almost my dad’s age. At least some of the older generation enjoys Smash Bros as much as we do.
xD It's amazing, right? I really want to be like her in that regard! ; u ; I don't want my gaming life to go away just like that supposedly because of "being too old" for that (I don't like when people say that).

D

Deleted member

My little brother just discovered a secret room in one of the games I used to love when I was a tiny little kid.
It took him about ten minutes.
I feel outdone.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of which, I'll be 28 next month and my mom and stepdad will probably come down to Reno to celebrate our birthdays

Yes, OUR birthdays. The three of us have them 5 days apart :yoshi:
Bah, my grandmother and I are both left-handed, and are both born on the 30th Dec, with my cousin Cameron being born on the 31st.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
My cousin once beat Mario 64 in front of me when I was 6 and I was ****ing amazed because I couldn't even beat most SM64 levels or even the Delfino Airstrip in Mario Sunshine.

Now it feels really weird to know that he's in his 30s and has a daughter attending school. :redface:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
xD It's amazing, right? I really want to be like her in that regard! ; u ; I don't want my gaming life to go away just like that supposedly because of "being too old" for that (I don't like when people say that).
I hope to be like her as well! I firmly believe that gaming has no age limit despite what some people may think. Gaming has become so much bigger since the earliest games like pong and is not really seen as just a “kids thing” nowadays.

SmashPro32

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4872-0139-5121
Speaking of which, I'll be 28 next month and my mom and stepdad will probably come down to Reno to celebrate our birthdays

Yes, OUR birthdays. The three of us have them 5 days apart :yoshi:
i guess yoshi is your favorite nintendo character.

SmashPro32

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4872-0139-5121
I actually am a pro at Smash Ultimate now with this WIP tech I want to share to the fans of Smash and its called Dashdance cancelling where you flick left stick like you are dashdancing but you cancel the the turnaround and only flick left stick one way until you get your way to your opponent. Great for online matches where you are against pros or in 6.5 or higher Classic mode. Here's a quick button input for a GC controller. :GCR:flick :GCR:flick:GCR:flick:GCR:flick:GCZ::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCR: or :GCCR: then :GCCR::GCCR: and thats how you get a KO in my case.

Edit: please try this tech!
Same thing with joycon(s) or Pro Controller.
C stick set to Smash Attack for a critical hit so this tech is much easier.

D

Deleted member

Looking back at my life, I can safely say that the boldest I ever was at trying new things was when I was around 15. Now that I'm close to 30, I'm at that period where I just don't have the time or the energy to put up with new things, so I stick to what I like and roll with them.

Incidentally, I stockpiled my Switch digital library quite a bit for 2019 with Octopath Traveler, Mario + Rabbids, & Spelunker Party!. Unfortunately, as my Joy-Con just got into the repair shop today, I can't actually play them until next week, at the earliest.

Ah, well. Classes start Monday.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I hope to be like her as well! I firmly believe that gaming has no age limit despite what some people may think. Gaming has become so much bigger since the earliest games like pong and is not really seen as just a “kids thing” nowadays.
:D Exactly! You got it! We can only hope!

Andrea's the Ridley chick
xDDD Oh my gosh, this is the first time I have been referred as such! It made me giggle! But it's definitely not wrong!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I actually am a pro at Smash Ultimate now with this WIP tech I want to share to the fans of Smash and its called Dashdance cancelling where you flick left stick like you are dashdancing but you cancel the the turnaround and only flick left stick one way until you get your way to your opponent. Great for online matches where you are against pros or in 6.5 or higher Classic mode. Here's a quick button input for a GC controller. :GCR:flick :GCR:flick:GCR:flick:GCR:flick:GCZ::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCR: or :GCCR: then :GCCR::GCCR: and thats how you get a KO in my case.

Edit: please try this tech!
Same thing with joycon(s) or Pro Controller.
C stick set to Smash Attack for a critical hit so this tech is much easier.
dude a lot of people know this tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom