• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I
Me: writes a lengthy speculation post and gets 12 likes total
Noipoi: posts an image repeatedly and gets 5+ likes each time

Granted, I'm always one of the people who likes his posts, so I really do this to myself. It's like this:

Dang that Noipoi with his amazing art skills and the due praise that he gets because of them.

This is all in jest of course. I appreciate ya' Noipoi Noipoi buddy. :)

Are we talking about shipping? I used to hardcore ship Shulk and Fem!Robin (you can even see some posts about them if you sort through my earliest posts), but I don't really ship anyone right now.
That looked like a nasty fall, are you okay? I hope you have insurance for that bike.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I dunno if I really hardcore ship anyone (maybe PearlxMarina off the top of my head) I don’t mind any ship as long as there’s nothing morally wrong or toxic about it, honestly I just enjoy cute as hell fanart no matter who it’s between.
View attachment 184903

Case in point.

Oh hey you finally noticed!
Cuteness can never be resisted
I don't really actively ship any characters. It always felt a little extra to me, but I don't judge anyone who does. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I ship when the time is right
Poison Ivy would definitely approve of this
what with nintendo fans and cuckolding

i dont think i see more cuck art involving peach and zelda than any other videogame character
Because Peach is a literal cuck? And Zelda depends on the incarnation and situation?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Little Mac and Wii Fit Trainer...spending so much time at the gym...

While Incineroar and the spirit of King Hippo watch.....

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Me: writes a lengthy speculation post and gets 12 likes total
Noipoi: posts an image repeatedly and gets 5+ likes each time

Granted, I'm always one of the people who likes his posts, so I really do this to myself. It's like this:

Dang that Noipoi with his amazing art skills and the due praise that he gets because of them.

This is all in jest of course. I appreciate ya' Noipoi Noipoi buddy. :)

Are we talking about shipping? I used to hardcore ship Shulk and Fem!Robin (you can even see some posts about them if you sort through my earliest posts), but I don't really ship anyone right now.
It isn't the image, it's the message the image is sending!

Also, you should get that knee checked out. Adventurers should always keep their knees in top shape.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Little Mac and Wii Fit Trainer...spending so much time at the gym...

While Incineroar and the spirit of King Hippo watch.....
It took a whole face lift for Mac to finally notice her.
Me and my friend would always say that some of the chicks thought Mac was hot (despite his manlet stature) but he never noticed because he was too focused on training.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Me and my friend would always say that some of the chicks thought Mac was hot (despite his manlet stature) but he never noticed because he was too focused on training.
Finally, the manlets are rising up.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh boy we’re talking about shippings now?

This is the real Smash speculation.

...I’ll just take my leave now.
i mean ship pit with anyone that isn't from his own series you'll probably get faced with the reality that he'll outlive them because he's blessed with longevity

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Confession time, so I’m pushing for Shantae and I did a lot back in the last game’s lifespan and I kinda started shipping Shantae X Pit, not really much anymore.

i mean ship pit with anyone that isn't from his own series you'll probably get faced with the reality that he'll outlive them because he's blessed with longevity
Convenient I managed to post this right after yours

Oh boy we’re talking about shippings now?

This is the real Smash speculation.

...I’ll just take my leave now.
What’s the matter Colonel Sanders?
CC42AFEB-60F4-4229-B423-6EF014E31982.png

Chicken?

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It isn't the image, it's the message the image is sending!

Also, you should get that knee checked out. Adventurers should always keep their knees in top shape.
Off-topic, but I got Skyrim for Christmas and my sister saw me playing it.

First she called it Dark Souls, and then when her boyfriend and I corrected her and asked her what she knew about it, she said "I took an arrow to the knee?"

Never have I been more disappointed in my sister.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
So I keep hearing people in the competitive community saying Ridley plays like a swordfighter. Not normally as a complaint, mind you. They're just pointing out that Ridley is at his best when you use his long, disjointed tail to edge guard and wall people out the same way characters like Marth and Ike do. I find this hilarious. You know why? Because Ridley's tail is basically a more flexible spear. Look at his fair, d-tilt or f-tilt and me those sweeps and thrusts aren't the types of moves that l'd comprise of an FE lancer's entire kit.

Look I think a spear or axeman would be fun, but as we get more and more FE characters the harder it is to justify more of them. There's a reason why you get so many people complaining about Corrin being a "swordsmen" while only a very small handful complain about Cloud, and it's not because Cloud is "more unique". Granted I think Corrin was a great addition and calling him a "generic swordsmen" is a huge disservice to his creative dragon fang based moveset, but if people aren't impressed by his flashy dragon powers I guarantee you they won't be impressed by most axemen or lancemen.

Basically what I'm saying is that if we get Edelgard as DLC I'm still going to eat my hat. And I don't even have a hat. You know what, I should think up a real bet to make on this.
I want a polearm user who's moves shift their hurtbox. Crouching jabs, vaults, pole dances, ect. Show me what you can do with that thing.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

First she called it Dark Souls, and then when her boyfriend and I corrected her and asked her what she knew about it, she said "I took an arrow to the knee?"

Yeah heh heh, how disappointing...
CoughWasn’ttotallyabouttoimplythesamethingwiththatpostCough

Noipoi

Howdy!
reminds: Peach called mario her friend in Color splash
She's keeping their relationship on the down-low. She's a princess, after all.

Don't worry, i'll be your sister.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ya know earlier me an my sister were complaining about our respective fandoms earlier when I had a realization - Smash speculation is almost exactly like shipping.

Most people are laid back about it. Some people expect something to happen, some want something to happen, and for most people they both want and expect what seems likely to happen. But then there are some people in each group - shippers and speculators - who don't realize that there's a difference between wanting and expecting something. They get super caught up on their desired ship/newcomer and convince themselves that it is certainly going to happen. They get in internet fights. They get in flame wars. They develop tinfoil hat theories proving why their ship/newcomer is going to happen. Then it doesn't happen and they get furious. They declare the show/game dead. They claim that the creator hates them. Then they keep watching/playing it anyway. Then people hate the entire fanbase as a whole because of it.

I guess one difference though is that there's a lot of really creepy ships out there, like shipping siblings together or an elderly person with a child. Most Smash character requests are pretty harmless.

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I'd weight things at about:

20 Rep - Unique Fighter
20 Rep - Boss
10 Rep - Echo Fighter
10 Rep - Assist Trophy
10 Rep - Stage
5 Rep - Mii Costume
5 Rep - Item
2 Rep - Song
1 Rep - Spirit
For the sake of comparison, let's do a couple side-by-sides.

Mario
160 Rep - Unique Fighter
20 Rep - Boss
10 Rep - Echo Fighter
50 Rep - Assist Trophy
180 Rep - Stage
65 Rep - Mii Costume
100 Rep - Item
212 Rep - Song
137 Rep - Spirit
Overall - 934 Rep

Fire Emblem
100 Rep - Unique Fighter
0 Rep - Boss
20 Rep - Echo Fighter
30 Rep - Assist Trophy
30 Rep - Stage
15 Rep - Mii Costume
5 Rep - Item
26 Rep - Song
30 Rep - Spirit
Overall - 256 Rep

Kirby
60 Rep - Unique Fighter
20 Rep - Boss
0 Rep - Echo Fighter
30 Rep - Assist Trophy
60 Rep - Stage
10 Rep - Mii Costume
25 Rep - Item
74 Rep - Song
59 Rep - Spirit
Overall - 338 Rep

In conclusion: Fire Emblem is exactly as represented as it should be, in comparison to some other series.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Peaches discription of mario in CS wasnt "He saves my life everytime I let myself get kidnapped" It was "He jumps on things and hits them with a hammer when nessesary"

For someone that saves her life everyday, thats sad pf

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Confession time, so I’m pushing for Shantae and I did a lot back in the last game’s lifespan and I kinda started shipping Shantae X Pit, not really much anymore.

Convenient I managed to post this right after yours

What’s the matter Colonel Sanders? Chicken?
View attachment 184911
Alright then, if you wanna go that route, here’s all the major (non-canon) ships I support:

:ultbowserjr:x:ultinkling:
:ultmetaknight:x:ultjigglypuff:
:ultpit:x:ultzelda:
:ultwiifittrainer:x:ultlittlemac:
:ultincineroar:x:ultgreninja:
:ultganondorf:x:ultpalutena:
:ultzss:x:ultsnake:
Charizard x Ivysaur

There ya go.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright then, if you wanna go that route, here’s all the major (non-canon) ships I support:

There ya go.
I know you didn't mean it, but Greninja was my best friends starter in X and Incineroar was my starter in Moon. We use these Pokemon against each other to represent ourselves almost. And now i'm freaking out :laugh:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm questioning the inner machinations of all of our minds right now. Still observing anyway.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

:ultbowserjr:x:ultinkling:
:ultmetaknight:x:ultjigglypuff:
:ultpit:x:ultzelda:
:ultwiifittrainer:x:ultlittlemac:
:ultganondorf:x:ultpalutena:
:ultzss:x:ultsnake:
Charizard x Ivysaur

There ya go.
I’m sorry dude, I was just playing around, I didn’t mean to make you upset.

I was teasing you for trying to leave, not for refusing to contribute. My mistake.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I’m sorry dude, I was just playing around, I didn’t mean to make you upset.

I was teasing you for trying to leave, not for refusing to contribute. My mistake.
Trust me, I’m definitely not upset. It takes way more than that to get me riled up.;)

(Don’t actually try to upset me though, it’s not a good idea)

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Thats actually canon. In the cutscene before you rematch Super Macho Man, it shows Macho Man super jealous of Little Mac's success. Mac is so popular that Doc has to hold back a whole crowd of fawning girls and a group of businessmen trying to get him to sign contracts while he's training at the gym.

Mac doesn't care about girls or money, he only focuses on training and doing his best at boxing.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So another weird question, would/do you ship any characters you want in the game with anyone in the game already? I already mentioned Shantae X Pit

Trust me, I’m definitely not upset. It takes way more than that to get me riled up.;)

(Don’t actually try to upset me though, it’s not a good idea)
Ok then, just wanted to make sure.

(And noted.)
7061D5B4-C91F-496B-B30B-570AD2558650.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom