• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

why not? they added a few characters in the Mario Kart arcade game that aren't in the console games.
pretend im not here right now
Yeah but Smash is really different in certain ways
Like in Mario Kart each character is kinda just a model swap with a different weight, but in Smash each character is fully fleshed out with different attacks

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yeah but Smash is really different in certain ways
Like in Mario Kart each character is kinda just a model swap with a different weight, but in Smash each character is fully fleshed out with different attacks
I don't see why that's a reason why they wouldn't put a newcomer in an arcade version of Smash though. It's not like the idea presented is merely a port of Ultimate or something, they're talking about an actual arcade exclusive version of the game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't see why that's a reason why they wouldn't put a newcomer in an arcade version of Smash though. It's not like the idea presented is merely a port of Ultimate or something, they're talking about an actual arcade exclusive version of the game.
I dunno it just doesn't seem right :dizzy:

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
I think people would feel they are missing out if there were arcade exclusive characters, moreso than Mario Kart.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think people would feel they are missing out if there were arcade exclusive characters, moreso than Mario Kart.
There we go! Thank you. My thoughts exactly! I just couldn't put them into words, haha. :3
Right. That would be a valid reaction to that from a bit of the playerbase, but I hardly think that it would keep Nintendo from doing that in what will be a relatively unpopular version of the game at least in the west lol to begin with, especially with the massively reduced roster size anyway.

The answer to the "why" is usually "because they can".

Also **** I'd love to play as Don-chan in Mario Kart 8 DX.

Last edited:

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
Exactly. There's a reason why Sakurai originally withdrew his plan of making Roy a Japan-only character during Melee's development.

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
Right. That would be a valid reaction to that from a bit of the playerbase, but I hardly think that it would keep Nintendo from doing that in what will be a relatively unpopular version of the game at least in the west lol to begin with, especially with the massively reduced roster size anyway.

The answer to the "why" is usually "because they can".

Also **** I'd love to play as Don-chan in Mario Kart 8 DX.
Wished they released that Arcade game for consoles x.x

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Wished they released that Arcade game for consoles x.x
Honestly I kinda want more arcade exclusive version of popular games to pop up so I can maybe see arcades make a comeback.

I would totally run an arcade if it was worth it, but it just isn't these days. Around here anyway.

D

Deleted member

I just want Mario Kart Ultimate with "Everyone is Here!"
You guys all know that Donkey Kong Jr. coming back would arguably be as hype as Snake's return

The_Thumbs

Smash Cadet
Besides Mario Kart Arcade having exclusive content, didn't Pokken for awhile have exclusive content to the arcade version? That's a fighting game with exclusive fighters that was a Nintendo/Namco collab (till they eventually came over to the Switch version).

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Besides Mario Kart Arcade having exclusive content, didn't Pokken for awhile have exclusive content to the arcade version? That's a fighting game with exclusive fighters that was a Nintendo/Namco collab (till they eventually came over to the Switch version).
That's another thing. Nothing stopping arcade exclusives from eventually making their way in future console versions anyway.

And you KNOW there will be more Smash games, even if it's not for the next decade.

D

Deleted member

Pikachu could... though it would kind of be a licencing Nightmare...
I edited the earlier post lol
But still it would be amazing for the eight I originally mentioned
They would also need to bring in a Double Dash Mode
Edit: Let's go back to discussing Smash

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
pyra's spirit battle being exclusive to spirit board and then being hard as **** on top of it can burn in hell tbh

D

Deleted member

I'd replace :ultisabelle:,:ultinkling:, and :ultkirby: with :ultpikachu:,:ultryu:, and:ultcloud:
I just see them as bigger gaming all stars
Dt93TiAX4AA9r5H.jpg

555.gif

kirbys_tear_jerker.PNG

Top 10 Anime Betrayals.

Pikachu's cool and all, but the pupper and the Squid Kid are too fresh to ignore plus Ryu is boring IMO.

EDIT: Almost forgot Kirby. How dare you leave out my pink son. How dare I? I have failed...

D

Deleted member

It's bc Pyra is pissed thats she's relegated to a sword in a Mii Costume

*muffled sobs*
Hey look on the bright side at least you got yours kinda playable
Geno's Costume is gone

D

Deleted member

Okay, is it wrong that I want to give :ultkrool: a big ol' hug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom