• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
With Joker being announced as the first paid DLC newcomer for Smash, I figured this was the perfect moment for me to return. This... is absolutely amazing. I've never played any of the Persona games, but I absolutely love the art style and music and am thrilled at Joker joining the fight. I know some of the Banjo fans are absolutely furious right now, but Joker is so much more hype of a character if you ask me. Besides, this is far from over. There are still four slots for DLC left. Banjo could still happen, maybe, but OH MY GOD. Joker is an incredible addition. I truly never saw it coming. And vergeben has a lot of explaining to do now.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
GAMERS RISE UP

BUT FORREAL WE ARE IN A WILD RIDE FOR DLC

Chumpodile

Smash Journeyman
I hope he attacks with Arsene and not just his knife and gun.

...will they let him keep his gun?

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
We broke 9000 with plenty of time to spare, and we got another newcomer who potentially breaks many more rules in the series to boot. This calls for a celebration.

Princess, we need cake!

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
I have no personal connection to Joker so I'm just reloading the website to see if it updates with information on his moveset and stage

Roberk

Smash Champion
Hol up gang.

In the Smash Ultimate overview video the Announcer, Xander Mobus, asked if he'd have "overtime" for voicing so many characters.

Xander Mobus voiced Joker.

Joker was teased about a month ago!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh, ****, now I have a real reason to spam Persona music, better be prepared.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Okay. Someone tell me about Joker.

I want to be hype, but I'm just like ''Okay, I'm glad for his supporters."

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Congrats to Joker supporters btw. I have a friend on here myself who was a supporter for him. I would be bull****ting if I said I thought he had a chance, I didn't. I'm glad to be surprised at least though. I'll hold the L.

D

Deleted member

I can't believe this.
Joker is in Smash Ultimate. God of War won over Red Dead Redemption 2.

But at what cost?

...Spawn's streak.

Not all heroes wear capes. RIP the Metroid dream for today. Thank you, Spawn Wave and your circle. You'll still make great content, though.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Okay now there is no excuse for Sora not to get in if they got someone as crazy as Joker into Smash then Sora definitely has a chance.

D

Deleted member

I'm glad we don't know to expect anymore. Everyone and their mother was saying it would be a Square character first, now here we are.
We really never saw it coming.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm forcing myself to be calm so I can type this but I screamed so loudly at that reveal and for so long and now I'm actually crying. My roommates are in the same situation

None of us Joker "supporters" ever thought he was even a remote possibility. We always said he had potential but no one truly believed

I always say that the people in my signature were pipe dreams, that I only supported pipe dreams and impossible picks so I could have fun without overhyping myself

But this happened

This REALLY happened

And

Yeah

I never saw it coming.

Haha. Jesus. This is one hell of a way to end the prerelease. This is a dream. This has been the most excited and happy I've ever been, the most hype I've ever been for a videogame. Ever. And now one of my three biggest pipe dreams made it.

Yeah, I'm definitely crying. I love you all so much. I'm never going to stop thinking about this.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Joker in Smash? Yes!
I bet both his Phantom Thief and Winter School Uniform will be costumes.
So hype!

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I can't believe this.
Joker is in Smash Ultimate. God of War won over Red Dead Redemption 2.

But at what cost?

...Spawn's streak.

Not all heroes wear capes. RIP the Metroid dream for today. Thank you, Spawn Wave and your circle. You'll still make great content, though.
So no metroid at the awards at all?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
After Reggie's comments, this is the strongest I've ever believed in Phoenix.

Yes, I still see a game without more than one with him included, but this is definitely the best standing he's ever had to be in Smash.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
My jaw dropped. At first I was like, "Oh cool, Persona 5. Is it getting announced on the Switch?" Then I saw the Smash logo and my jaw dropped. I did not see this coming, especially since we all thought the DLC characters were gonna be older characters, not a character from a game that came out last year! I pre-ordered Persona 5 and played it when it first came out. It's not my favorite JRPG, but I like the series nonetheless and I'm really happy Joker is in.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Okay. Someone tell me about Joker.

I want to be hype, but I'm just like ''Okay, I'm glad for his supporters."
He's a phantom thief who uses a Stand, a knife and a gun. He steals the hearts of corrupt authority figures to make them admit their crimes. He's voiced by Announcer.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I didn't react out loud but my jaw was definitely hanging.

When I heard the word 'invited' the unthinkable occurred in my mind, but I immediately tried to squash it.

And then they went and did it. And this wasn't even Sakurai, it was Nintendo, those crazy mad men.

Can't wait to start Smashing to Rivers in the Desert.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
That was pretty cool. I only learned of Joker from Smashboards. The description and look were really cool, but it seemed kind a longshot. So the game's not available on Switch? I hope a port comes out now.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I'm forcing myself to be calm so I can type this but I screamed so loudly at that reveal and for so long and now I'm actually crying. My roommates are in the same situation

None of us Joker "supporters" ever thought he was even a remote possibility. We always said he had potential but no one truly believed

I always say that the people in my signature were pipe dreams, that I only supported pipe dreams and impossible picks so I could have fun without overhyping myself

But this happened

This REALLY happened

And

Yeah

I never saw it coming.

Haha. Jesus. This is one hell of a way to end the prerelease. This is a dream. This has been the most excited and happy I've ever been, the most hype I've ever been for a videogame. Ever. And now one of my three biggest pipe dreams made it.

Yeah, I'm definitely crying. I love you all so much. I'm never going to stop thinking about this.
I'm so happy for you, my dude. Tbh, I'm crying too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom