• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
I don't hate Incineroar, he's just a boring pick to fill the Pokemon quota and was definitely not the best choice to cap off the roster reveals.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
O **** Flyboy a wrestler?? Lore!!
You're a god damn wrestler? That's rad!
Thanks! I'm on hiatus now, but I mostly worked as a manager, with some color commentator and ring announcing thrown in for good measure. I trained with some wrestlers who are currently in Impact Wrestling, so that's cool. Not to derail the thread too much but you can be rest assured that if a character has some wrestling in them I'll love them. Put Hawlucha and Starman and Travis Touchdown in the game, I won't complain. Haha.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
What evidence do we have that might point to Smash Ultimate being at the Game Awards?
Veeeeeery small stuff, but we have Nintendo's tweet about TGA.
This might be nothing, but Tetsuya Nomura tweeted in the FFVII Remake Twitter nearly one week back a commemorative art for Smash Bros. saying "Looks like this week is going to be a long one. Gotta get back to work"

Last edited:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Let's see;

HUGE FAN OF:
Mario. (HUGE; LIKE, MY MAIN MAN]
Zelda.
Pokemon.
Kirby.

Take that if you must.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Thanks! I'm on hiatus now, but I mostly worked as a manager, with some color commentator and ring announcing thrown in for good measure. I trained with some wrestlers who are currently in Impact Wrestling, so that's cool. Not to derail the thread too much but you can be rest assured that if a character has some wrestling in them I'll love them. Put Hawlucha and Starman and Travis Touchdown in the game, I won't complain. Haha.
Wait what the **** Impact Wrestling is actually like a big deal
Flyboy lowkey a celebrity

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Amazon isn't ****ing shipping to me until next week.
Why do I even trust them anymore? Preordering using Amazon Prime is clearly worthless to them.
I'm still waiting for email confirmation that my game finally shipped, and it looks like it was taking long time because I know that Amazon prime uses ups and my college post office is USPS. I think it'll ship after the midnight. If nothing, I'm going to get digital AND fighter pass too.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
There's also circulating an email sent to Vergeben that might be fake, but I think it's something for people to check out on GameFAQs.

EDIT: Just confirmed fake. Wow, that was short lived.

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Wait, when did you become wrestler? that's so interesting and that you're manager?
There's also circulating an email sent to Vergeben that might be fake, but I think it's something for people to check out on GameFAQs.
What kind of email that we are talking about? MAy know about this one

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Since Verge said the first DLC character will be an SE rep I expect it to either be Sora, Sephiroth or a DQ character.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Nah, a lot of people just really don't like Incineroar's design because he goes from "cute cat" to "BIPEDAL TIGER WRESTLER". The final evolution having nothing to do with the previous two Pokemon in the line is a problem for all three gen 7 starters in general, really, Incineroar just had it the worst because of previous burnout (ha) from the similarly-styled Blaziken, Infernape, and Emboar after it seemed like the trend was broken with Delphox.
I'm fine with him myself, but I can understand where the dislike comes from.
Admittively I was speaking more to the Smash Bros end of things because I'm not that familiar with the Pokemon fanbase as I'm pretty casual on that particular series.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Smash Bros. X Sega
Smash Bros. X Katamari

Mii costumes (Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Shinobi, King, and Prince) and spirits (Altered Beast, etc.).

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Wait what the **** Impact Wrestling is actually like a big deal
Flyboy lowkey a celebrity
Well, I've rubbed elbows with them and was trained by some and have done social media for some big indy feds and did stagehand work for Impact no big deal
Wait, when did you become wrestler? that's so interesting and that you're manager?
A few years ago. Like I say I'm on hiatus but yeah, when I was 24 I saw Noam Dar debut and realized it was time to pursue my lifelong dream of being in wrestling so I, uh, went and did that for a few years. It was good.

It's funny, it's even Smash-related because one time me and my client entered to the Song of Storms remix from Brawl.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Pokemon is my favorite game series of all time, but i'm also down with Mario, Kirby, Splatoon, and DKC.
I'm trying to get into Metroid and Animal Crossing with Prime 4 and AC 2019.

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Now me on the other hand
I'm definitely accusing some of y'all here
Being mad that my big boy deconfirmed Grinch Leak

SMH
I don't like that his hands are ugly.
That's literally it. I wasn't really invested in the Grinch stuff either way, but man. His hands.
I don't know what's up with them, but they bother me deeply, almost to a spiritual level.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
I don't like that his hands are ugly.
That's literally it. I wasn't really invested in the Grinch stuff either way, but man. His hands.
I don't know what's up with them, but they bother me deeply, almost to a spiritual level.
They're too big. Like Ridley.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Looks like Splatoon 2 is having special splatfest based on Ultimate

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Looks like Splatoon 2 is having special splatfest based on Ultimate
Could this mean Inklings are in Smash??

Status
Not open for further replies.