• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I really like how Sakurai did Robobot and Star Allies dirty by only including like one song each only for HAL to get pissy and make a remix of the one Star Allies theme in Smash and make it perfect for Smash, the Rival From Another Dimension theme specifically
Kirby songs have always been gimped ever since Brawl, I really expect nothing less. Though, treatment this time around has been better than Brawl and For combined, that's for sure.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Inb4 tansut’s ruffled feathers leak was LeakyPandy saying Dragon Quest was in.

In fact, conspiracy time. We all know LeakyPandy is pretty unreliable right? What if the entire time, LeakyPandy’s account was run by Square themselves, and they purposefully leaked Dragon Quest. The reason they did this was so they could build a reputation as being a joke and having no credibility, so that when they actually leaked DQ nobody would believe it.
I don't think they'd leak the real thing, hoping people wouldn't believe it simply because of them leaking info that turned out to be fake. I don't think they'd be thinking that far ahead. But who knows

Ezclapper

Smash Apprentice
But didn't Vergeben say in his private message that he heard that Sora was not it?
From what I know, he was told it wasn’t Sora, so idk... he never said publicly that Sora is deconfirmed, no one has.

Last edited:

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
Kirby songs have always been gimped ever since Brawl, I really expect nothing less. Though, treatment this time around has been better than Brawl and For combined, that's for sure.
I think brawl was good, Kirby had some bangers from that. Here come the squeaks, Meta Knights revenge, Zero-Twos theme... From what I can name off the top of my head, probably missing something like the Kirby Air Rider music

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Did they already have Pokemon Trainer and/or Pichu unlocked? If not, some characters might have a few multiple characters it can be for the first character they unlock after beating their Classic Mode. While some do have only specific ones it can be for their first unless they're already unlocked.
I'm not sure I didn't see the video someone just said that's what they saw

D

Deleted member

I don't think they'd be thinking that far ahead. But who knows
Square is out here playing 4D chess. I’m just playing 4D chess while solving a Rubix cube with my left hand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
Hypothetical:

These guys show up instead of Banjo Kazooie, your reaction?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Really? Cause Brawl added stuff like the Squeak Squad remix and while there were lots of Super Star related songs, it made sense, both Meta Knight and Dedede got more things in Super Star introduced to them so it makes sense, ESPECIALLY for Meta Knight as he was especially fleshed out in that game. 4 was outright bad I'd say, only like 4 songs from modern games, with one of them being DLC? That's bull****. Ultimate added Crowned and Moonlight Blossom so that's a HUGE step forward already, alongside the Star Allies song being the regular boss theme and not just 'level 1'. Though Robobot not having the Haltmann theme at the very least sucks

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Wait why am I seeing Banjo hate all of a sudden? What gives? I'm no Banjo supporter but what makes him a bad addition?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
From what I know, he was told it wasn’t Sora, so idk... he never said publicly that Sora is deconfirmed, no one has.
My guess is he didn't outright say it because he doesn't want to get caught, or get his sources caught, for outright saying who isn't in

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
So, how can :ultlink: and :ultsamus: go from low tier to high tier in your opinion?
Link is already much better in this game. For Samus you'd have to change the roll and buff her dash attack for starters

Ezclapper

Smash Apprentice
My guess is he didn't outright say it because he doesn't want to get caught, or get his sources caught, for outright saying who isn't in
I’m not buying that, the list is public now, why wouldn’t he say he’s deconfirmed? He has nothing to lose.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322

Won't happen, but imagine getting Fulgore as a rep for Killer Instinct.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wait why am I seeing Banjo hate all of a sudden? What gives? I'm no Banjo supporter but what makes him a bad addition?
This is proof you don't see my posts often lol. It's just that, to me, Banjo is so goddamn BORING of a choice. "But muh nostalgic 64 days! Weren't those amazing?! Doesn't that thought excite you?" Not really, didn't play the 64 when growing up, didn't like the one 3D Rare game I played, there's NOTHING about the franchise that appeals to me in the slightest and the fact that Microsoft has 2 other candidates that quite frankly would be much more exciting to see

D

Deleted member

Really? Cause Brawl added stuff like the Squeak Squad remix and while there were lots of Super Star related songs, it made sense, both Meta Knight and Dedede got more things in Super Star introduced to them so it makes sense, ESPECIALLY for Meta Knight as he was especially fleshed out in that game. 4 was outright bad I'd say, only like 4 songs from modern games, with one of them being DLC? That's bull****. Ultimate added Crowned and Moonlight Blossom so that's a HUGE step forward already, alongside the Star Allies song being the regular boss theme and not just 'level 1'. Though Robobot not having the Haltmann theme at the very least sucks
Brawl's selection was alright, but it felt "expected" if you ask me. Legendary Air Ride Machine over City Trial's Theme was the biggest crime. There's a lot that I wish that they could add for Kirby music, like Dream Course music or go more in-depth with Super Star music like the Revenge of Meta Knight Ending Theme, or go all in on Robobot music back in Smash For, but Ultimate is looking like a very much needed big push.

And as much as Amazing Mirror or Nightmare in Dreamland are great games, the music... I just don't find all that memorable.

D

Deleted member

This is proof you don't see my posts often lol. It's just that, to me, Banjo is so goddamn BORING of a choice. "But muh nostalgic 64 days! Weren't those amazing?! Doesn't that thought excite you?" Not really, didn't play the 64 when growing up, didn't like the one 3D Rare game I played, there's NOTHING about the franchise that appeals to me in the slightest and the fact that Microsoft has 2 other candidates that quite frankly would be much more exciting to see
I fear your thougts on Crash.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So, how can :ultlink: and :ultsamus: go from low tier to high tier in your opinion?
Make Link rely less on items and have some decent speed and frame data on his sword moves. Aka, make him young Link.

Give Samus more more disjointed projectiles instead of relying on spamming one chargeball, two ****ty missiles, a ****ty bomb only good for mixing up your landing, and kicks that would make Captain Falcon disappointed. Aka make her mii gunner.

Also, give her a better dodge and a jab that actually does its job.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Couldn't agree more. I tried playing Banjo-Kazooie when I was young, but got bored of it very fast. The only Rare game I ever liked was Goldeneye

D

Deleted member

If people hate Banjo... Then i fear the way they look at Crash.

Couldn't agree more. I tried playing Banjo-Kazooie when I was young, but got bored of it very fast. The only Rare game I ever liked was Goldeneye
You didn’t like the DKC trilogy? Or Diddy Kong Racing?

I can understand your thoughts on the other games they made, but DKC was and still is a huge deal today.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
Do you think we're going to get a repeat of Smash 4's dlc with the characters being added being godly good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom