• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Is anyone else always gonna use and echo over the base character?

I mean I'm 100% using Damus, Richter, Ken, and Lucina over their bases, and the only one because of gameplay differences only is Lucina

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Did the guys here buy that one too? I was one of the sticklers who didn't buy it because it was blurry. Also because I don't usually believe leaks at all
Many did. Many didn't. It was a whole thing.

I was team box theory all the way. We had the last laugh.

D

Deleted member

Did the guys here buy that one too? I was one of the sticklers who didn't buy it because it was blurry. Also because I don't usually believe leaks at all
Some people believed it, some didn’t. From what I could tell this place was the most split on the whole thing.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I only believed it because the sheer degree of effort put into it was insane... also the corroborating evidence. The leaker used a real person and the graphic design firms he worked for. Occam's Razor was definitely in the leak's favor.

D

Deleted member

I'm surprised, this is like the only place I've seen opinions on Geno that aren't only positive,
Geno is just a rather uninteresting and boring character to me. Combine that with his single appearance (outside of one minor cameo) and I honestly don't see why he's such a highly requested character.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322

I mean I'm 100% using Damus, Richter, Ken, and Lucina over their bases, and the only one because of gameplay differences only is Lucina
Probably going to play more Chrom over Roy and definitely Ken over Ryu (I mained him in Third Strike) Damus and Lucina will prolly still be even with their counterparts in playtime, maybe a bit more Damus because I love the animations

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

:ultdaisy::ultlucina::ultken: and :ultyounglink: if he counts.

That's like half the characters I plan on playing right there.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Thanks!
Speaking of Sora, part of me hopes he doesn't get in because a friend of mine had his Switch stolen and I feel adding his favourite would leave salt in the wound
That's kinda petty ngl. Like, your friend would still be excited for that, as would many others.

Stolen Switches are temporary, Sora in Smash isn't.

beans

Smash Lord
Oh ****, Yuri Lowenthal actually dubs Alucard.
Is he dubbing Alucard in smash
for the Palutena's Guidance of Richter?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
finding out that dedede was pushed from bottom to low tier is what made me change my mind on ultimate being bad, i care immensely about how these characters are portrayed
Which has nothing to do with tiers. If you took a big, slow, lumbering character and accurately portrayed him, he's most likely going to be "low tier" (but still a lot of fun to play).

The moves, animations and overall personality of the character indicate how well a character is portrayed. Looking at tier lists for validation of a character's representation is going to give very skewed results.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
somehow they didn't have Sasuke voice Dark pit, missed opportunity right there

LetterO

Smash Lord
I still think something’s gonna happen with Porky, Sylux, and Poochy. Sylux and Poochy could easily just be promotional spirits like Pikachu and Eevee, but Porky’s absense is far too strange for them not to have something planned for him.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

I'm going with Ken, Richter, and Lucina as well. Maybe Daisy over Peach, I'm not sure yet

D

Deleted member

Oh ****, Yuri Lowenthal actually dubs Alucard.
Is he dubbing Alucard in smash
for the Palutena's Guidance of Richter?
Pretty sure he does.
would have preffered Robert Belgrade ngl

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Pros of Lloyd over Yuri: Iconic, protagonist of a masterpiece, Nintendo ties, nostalgia, two swords, very cool

Pros of Yuri over Lloyd: the most popular protagonist, Vesperia coming soon, promotional pick on a technicality that people would still be excited about

Cons of Lloyd over Yuri: Symphonia isn't on Switch for some godforsaken reason despite being on a load of other platforms (please let this change I want it so bad), older pick so newer fans may not be into him

Cons of Yuri over Lloyd: only one sword, all Vesperia fans I know are really annoying about Vesperia so it will inconvenience me personally

Solution: port Berseria to Switch, add Velvet Crowe

Zeox

Smash Champion
I still think something’s gonna happen with Porky, Sylux, and Poochy. Sylux and Poochy could easily just be promotional spirits like Pikachu and Eevee, but Porky’s absense is far too strange for them not to have something planned for him.
Save me from my imminent dissapointment when they add Porky as a spirit in the day 1 patch.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
Consider: Sometimes out of nowhere Nintendo includes echo fighers with free updates. You load up the game, and it gives you a notification like with the 'Eshop and more' thing in sm4sh. It says, 'The Bombastic surfer Funky Kong!' or something is unlocked. I know it won't happen, but something like that or with mii costumes would be great. It seems like they're only going to do it with Spirits though, because echoes still take a ton of time.

Ezclapper

Smash Apprentice
I don’t know if people remember this, but remember tansut (the guy who leaked Cloud) said a leak really ruffled feathers in Square? What leak could that have been?

Seine

Smash Cadet
Don't they? the absense of a piranha plant spirit and the fact that spirits from fighters are separated didn't confirm that?
that is just one example give me more i will try to find evidence that they are not deconfirms

D

Deleted member

I'm probably gonna use Ken and Dark Samus over Ryu and Samus.
Feels like I'm in the minority of preferring Simon over Richter.
Geno is just a rather uninteresting and boring character to me. Combine that with his single appearance (outside of one minor cameo) and I honestly don't see why he's such a highly requested character.
I can think of one reason.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That's kinda petty ngl. Like, your friend would still be excited for that, as would many others.

Stolen Switches are temporary, Sora in Smash isn't.
I'm aware but that friend of mine in particular gets really stressed out if something doesn't go his way or he misses out on something and I'm just sitting there like "If there was a god, why would they do this to a cinnamon roll like that?"

beans

Smash Lord
I don’t know if people remember this, but remember tansut (the guy who leaked Cloud) said a leak really ruffled feathers in Square? What leak could that have been?
He said it was in a big company, never said if it was Square

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
That's a good question. I forgot all about that

LetterO

Smash Lord
Also we have 5 confirmed DLC slots. 5 slots. Not all of them need to be big marketing things or super popular icons. There’s 5 slots. Some can be for the core community (Geno, Banjo, etc) and some can be for the general (Steve, Sora, etc).

Untouch

Smash Master
I feel if Poochy is getting a promo spirit, it'll be called Crafted World Poochy, like the Yoshi spirit of the same name.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Watch all the DLC pics are from series that are not represented in Smash in any way. Dragon Quest (or Chrono Trigger), Tales of... Not saying this is gonna happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom