• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Can you guys imagine the reactions if there's no Square character? We gonna be waiting for the 5th DLC character to be revealed one of the 7(I shall dub them, the Forbidden 7... no, wait...) and then it's just straight up, I dunno, Sans Undertale or John Fortnite.
Actually it’s Jonesy Fortnite.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Now that I've been playing FE, I have more respect for Tiki as an assist trophy. xD She's one of my favorite characters in FE. (Because she's hot. /s)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The only languages I speak other than English is like 50 words of Spanish. And the other is ENGRISH. Just like our hero Terry Bogard. I'll shill for him too because he's cool.

terry_bogard_1_by_francool.jpg

Don't act like you wouldn't want a BUSTAH WOOLF as a Final Smash.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Yeah and Lara has a very successful reboot.

I'd say it evens out.
A reboot that’s not for Switch, which is why I’d be BEYOND shocked if she was the new Square-Enix rep, especially with Nintendo choosing the DLC.

D

Deleted member

His name is only Crono due to space limitations, it's meant to be Chrono.
A lot of **** happened due to hardware limitations back in the day but those remained canon because what matters is the finished product.
Besides, his name was kept as Crono in all official material and rereleases so it's clear what they want to keep.

Preferring a certain official spelling isn't the equivalent of speaking a different language.
It's not official in this language we are currently speaking.
I don't see people calling Robin "Reflet" or Charizard "Lizardon" so why is Crono any different?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
But, she is, though. No need for a "/s"...
She looks normal to me. xD
Then again, I don't understand what makes people "hot" and "not hot." I'm just not up to key with that stuff . Mostly because I give zero hecc about that stuff. Just never understood the appeal.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
No it's...FAR more than Verge at this point backing up the Squenix rep

Sorry if I came across that way. I've just seen you with this "we only believe what we want" mentality and it's really not helping the conversation.

Hitagi is no longer exactly reliable due to admitting he'd been thrown for a loop and his DLC predictions were likely false.
Verge is still reliable.
I was referencing “some” fans who have that mentality. It’s not restricted to one fan base. I’m sorry I joked about it there. I was genuinely curious about Hitagi though. Thanks for the the clarification.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Nice...

You can even toggle Pokémon and ATs that show up here! No improvised combos for the most part as an only option, although you still can technically still do them. A bit surprised this wasn't added for actual matches, though...

Man, I just want to try out Training Mode right now.

Well, at least we're close to December...

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
The more I think about the Edge-game in Smash Ultimate, the more I find it funny to use K. Rools Up-B as an edge-guard just for the disrespect.

D

Deleted member

Just assume everyone is posting behind like, 27.5 layers of sarcasm and irony.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I was referencing “some” fans who have that mentality. It’s not restricted to one fan base. I’m sorry I joked about it there. I was genuinely curious about Hitagi though. Thanks for the the clarification.
Oh no you right some of us ****in suck lol no apologies needed

And yeah. We go back to Hitagi because he's not...100% done, just....misinformed. Long story. Just know he's not 100% done.

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
Let's make a happy little game here people!

View attachment 180096

You have to substitute every character from every series in Smash Bros with a Normal enemy from the same series.
Exemple : Mario > Goomba, Sonic > Motobug, etc
:ultmario: - Shy Guy
:ultmarth: - Generic Bandit?
:ultmegaman: - Metaur
:ultfalcon: - Car?
:ultbayonetta: - Fortitudo
:ultdk: - Kremlin
:ultcloud: - Chocobo
:ultduckhunt: - Literally Duck Hunt Dog
:ultfox: - Ship?
:ulticeclimbers: - Polar Bear
:ultisabelle: - Gyroid
:ultpikachu: - Zubat
:ultpacman: - Ghosts
:ultmetaknight: - Waddle Dee
:ultgnw: - Paper Mario
:ultness: - Starman
:ultolimar: - Bulborb
:ultpit: - Eggplant Wizard
:ultsamus: - Metroid
:ultryu: - Audience Member?
:ultlink: - Deku

I'm done this is hard.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I also just remembered that now, this is the first Smash game with two Robins (different franchises) in it now, if Golden Sun fans know what I mean. Nice.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
It's not official in this language we are currently speaking.
I don't see people calling Robin "Reflet" or Charizard "Lizardon" so why is Crono any different?
Because I like it with the h...that's literally it. And it's just like a one letter difference anyway.

Let's make a happy little game here people!

View attachment 180096

You have to substitute every character from every series in Smash Bros with a Normal enemy from the same series.
Exemple : Mario > Goomba, Sonic > Motobug, etc
Yoshi > Shy Guys.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
DO SF even got mooks?
There are normal Shadaloo soldiers that uses helmets that hold some sort of either possession or Psycho power (According to the Shadaloo Soldier helm description in SFV), buy y'know they're only in one game (SFV).

Last edited:

Ezclapper

Smash Apprentice
Oh no you right some of us ****in suck lol no apologies needed

And yeah. We go back to Hitagi because he's not...100% done, just....misinformed. Long story. Just know he's not 100% done.
That's not really the point though since Hitagi and Verge shared their opinion on the SE rep, I honestly can't tell if you are being sarcastic, but this list isn't just from Hitagi's sources necessarily.

D

Deleted member

Nice...

You can even toggle Pokémon and ATs that show up here! No improvised combos for the most part, although you still can try. A bit surprised this wasn't added for actual matches, though...

Man, I just want to try out Training Mode right now.

Well, at least we're close to December...
Very nice indeed, they actually fixed training mode.
AT and Pokeball toggle should be added to normal matches though, but it does increase the precedence for turning off certain assists. Besides, I just want the ability to not have to deal with Keldeo.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm throwing my voice in behind PolarPanda PolarPanda . I have no reason to believe them to be lying at this point in time.
Since making this post. They've provided even more information that leads me to believe.

Good people. Have no reason to be lying. Good head on their body.

They're not even saying this info to say ''GENO IS 100 PERCENT!"

They're just sharing what they've heard like anyone else.

Untouch

Smash Master
My problem with Sephiroth is.

Dude has the potential to be Bayonetta level busted.

You know that's busted when a Bayonetta main says it.
My problem with Sephiroth is that Square Enix has more franchises than Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy has more games than just FF7.

Can we at least get Freya, Terra, Bartz or Vivi?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Rummy is not a leaker. He's somebody who my source has talked to too since we've become friends. I'm not lying about knowing somebody who is a Brand Ambassador, and connections with Stealth and Verge. Verge has shared his info with other people, as PonyTehCorn said, but he's clearly misplaced. Stealth, Liam, and many others in leaking community have not been trusting Verge's info at all. I shared the list because I still think it's noteworthy, but I assume TehPonyCorn is behind on the news that most have cut ties with Verge already. I don't want bad relations with Verge, I just want the community to know every bit of info going around. And there's not much lately besides just SE. I didn't even post Verge's DMs publically. I shared it with many people in DMs. I only posted the list publically.

If you check the Geno thread, I try and post updates every few days. Our info's been dry lately, same with Verge. It's honestly a scramble between multiple names, nothing solid. We can get through this speculation cycle together :)
I've had someone I've been hearing things from as well, and they definitely seem to agree that there's a growing distrust of Vergeben when it comes to DLC. Not here to say much more than that, but that bit lines up.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
That's not really the point though since Hitagi and Verge shared their opinion on the SE rep, I honestly can't tell if you are being sarcastic, but this list isn't just from Hitagi's sources necessarily.
...you missed the point of my post?

I was explaining specifically why we bought Hitagi up again, nothing else.

D

Deleted member

My problem with Sephiroth is that Square Enix has more franchises than Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy has more games than just FF7.
You could’ve fooled me with the way Square advertises the franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom