• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
It's a bit of a personal flaw of mine where I have trouble ignoring stuff like that. I've joked among friends that after FEW and Xenoblade 2 they need to expect every Switch game I follow to get embroiled in some dumb controversy or another.
Mario had a very dumb controversy in SMO. But people stop complaining about how Sombrero Mario is 'rude'.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The licensing is already at hand, won't cost any issues.
It's a crowd satisfier, not a single lane drive. Well, Smash wasn't even a thing "before", this massive crossover wasn't a thing "before".. this is a new type of DLC, a new concept no one thought of "before" X)
I mean, licensing a bunch of different franchises is a bigger deal than you think. Cause then you're asking for licences of MULTIPLE different things, each with their own separate costs to licence. "But it's a crowd pleaser!" But it costs a LOT of money, meaning it'd take a LOT more 5.99 sales to just break even. This is why people who have no clue how industries work shouldn't talk

Also if anyone sees the Shanoa spirit and what she does in her Spirit battle, tag me. And Nekoo

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
She did what to Mewtwo and Lucas? Did she say something bad about them?
She called :ultlucas: a baby for what he’s been through and :ultmewtwo: an abomination who needs to be killed by :ultpit: (he and :ultpalutena: disagreed with both things)

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
Is anyone else hoping for certain characters at least partly because of the stage/music they'd bring with them?
Xenoblade would have a moving titan as the stage.
2B would have the carnival with the eerie music the game is known for.
Kerrigan's stage would literally be a battlefield.
Diablo would have to be demons invading the world of light.
Shantae's music would have to be the "Dance Through the Danger" opening music.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Is anyone else hoping for certain characters at least partly because of the stage/music they'd bring with them?
One of the biggest reasons I want Shanoa is because Order of Ecclesia has one of the best Castlevania OSTs imo. Like, y'all heard those remixes so if OoE has the best soundtrack then imagine the quality of those.

Unless they pull a Lament of Innocence. Why did they butcher that song

D

Deleted member

Viridi started **** with Lucas, Mewtwo and Isabelle so she's dead to me. None of them deserve to hear her ****ty voice and ****ty opinions.

D

Deleted member

Steve and Crash Bandicoot.
Both could bring wonderful stages if done right, and Crash’s music is a gift from heaven.

The only motivation that makes me wish for Steve getting in is the stage and nothing else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
wow.
That only made me hate her more now
was she always this much of a *****?
Viridi started **** with Lucas, Mewtwo and Isabelle so she's dead to me. None of them deserve to hear her ****ty voice and ****ty opinions.
Careful you might anger the resident Kid Icarus fan

but yeah no she's always kind of a *****
it's in her character

which is why i don't particularly like her character but that might be the point lol

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
She called :ultlucas: a baby for what he’s been through and :ultmewtwo: an abomination who needs to be killed by :ultpit: (he and :ultpalutena: disagreed with both things)
Oh I see. So people were mad at her for saying that but now they've gotten over it?

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Phoenix Wright isn’t a spirit, he’s confirmed for DLC!

pls
I suppose I got nothing to lose on that train of thought. :p Granted, that's coupled with all other evidence suggesting that Phoenix is in as DLC so it ain't looking too farfetched.

Only reason I even humor the thought is because Piranha Plant's spirit hasn't shown up. And we know from Sakurai himself that he and Nintendo don't exactly care too much about surprise factor, opposite just making characters have good longevity, so this may be a repeat of the box theory where Nintendo aren't really going out of their way to fake us out, or heck, even be aware that we'd catch on to the pattern.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

stupid kid always crying cause you lost your mother and watched your brother kill himself like get over it
Didn’t the whole world die in the end too? Or something like that? I remember the screen going black but with some characters still talking about staying alive... in a weird way.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Maaaaaan, where were y'all when Viridi put Chrom on blast?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Careful you might anger the resident Kid Icarus fan

but yeah no she's always kind of a *****
it's in her character

which is why i don't particularly like her character but that might be the point lol
I actually kind of like that about her character

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Didn’t the whole world die in the end too? Or something like that? I remember the screen going black but with some characters still talking about staying alive... in a weird way.
The game's like 12 years old now I don't think you have to spoiler it.

And yeah the ending is kinda odd and left up to interpretation. I would've preferred if the game's ending was as bleak and sad as the rest of the game was, I'm not big on the cheesy hopefulness

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I actually kind of like that about her character
well of course
a lot of people like characters that are intentionally ****** i mean flawed like that

i'd probably be more okay with it if she didn't sound like a 7 year old but i mean

edit: striking out censored words makes it look like you're placing emphasis on the asterisks
noted

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Maaaaaan, where were y'all when Viridi put Chrom on blast?
Waiting for him to mock her back in his Palutena's Guidance but being disappointed because Sakurai is a coward.
This is how it should have been:
*Pit starts Plautena's Guidance against Chrom*
Chrom, smiling: "..."
Viridi: "Don't say it."
Chrom, smiling harder: "..."
Viridi: "Ugh, someone stop him!"

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
well of course
a lot of people like characters that are intentionally ****** i mean flawed like that

i'd probably be more okay with it if she didn't sound like a 7 year old but i mean

edit: striking out censored words makes it look like you're placing emphasis on the asterisks
noted
Eh, the voice doesn't bother me at all

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Doomguy would have the soundtrack of the original game and Doom 2016.

Joker would have wonderful songs like Rivers, Life Will Change and Last Surprise.

Dante would have Devil Trigger

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Eh, the voice doesn't bother me at all
that's the glory of sharing my personal opinion: it doesn't represent yours
glad to hear you're okay with it
Waiting for him to mock her back in his Palutena's Guidance but being disappointed because Sakurai is a coward.
This is how it should have been:
*Pit starts Plautena's Guidance against Chrom*
Chrom, smiling: "..."
Viridi: "Don't say it."
Chrom, smiling harder: "..."
Viridi: "Ugh, someone stop him!"
im kinda sad that the only thing viridi said about it sounded like she supported him haha

Last edited:

TriforceBun

Smash Apprentice
Still not as bad as another forum I was on (a big reason why I've been a lot more active the past two weeks here was because I got banned... for telling a guy who said "Any new Xenoblade rep pretty much comes down to a woman of color with a unique yet inspired design, or a generic *** RPG hero baby boy who dresses like ****" that he was acting childish and pissy).
Total shot in the dark here, but...ResetEra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom