• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Hold up!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Having more controllers active in a match speeds up the process. So basically if you have multiple controllers. You can speed up the process. Just have those characters (other then the character you want to use to unlock characters) SD on one stock matches if you want all of the characters ASAP
Flashback to leaving Melee on for 5 hours with 4 controllers plugged in to unlock Mewtwo.

Atlas2398

Smash Cadet
I did see a few instances where you complete classic as Link, K. Rool appeared as the challenger approaching.
I not sure if it's random, but I saw it happen twice for Link's classic mode. (For some weird reason)
Unlocks aren't random. From what I've seen, completing every classic mode gives a designated character fight (such as icies unlocking simon). However if you already have a character unlocked, the fighter that approaches you is different (mario originally gives sonic, but if you have him gives pokemon trainer).

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Finally, we got actual Shin Megami Tensei content in Ultimate!
Also doubles as Fire Emblem content!
spirits_0_tsubasa_oribe.png
spirits_0_tsubasaoribe_carnage.png

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Hold up!

Having more controllers active in a match speeds up the process. So basically if you have multiple controllers. You can speed up the process. Just have those characters (other then the character you want to use to unlock characters) SD on one stock matches if you want all of the characters ASAP
Oi, this is going to be one hell of a chore.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Alright, I'm full on against "Spirits disconfirm fighters" now.

Alright, so now that I've totally spoiled myself on the story, this is what I think. I'm not even sure if there are 3 endings or just one proper one, but at the end of what appears to be the "good" ending, all of the spirits are freed and sent back to their former selves. What does this mean? It means that the story mode results in all spirits being sent back to being who they were before. For example, Elma would go back to being Elma.

The logical reasoning for Fighter Spirits to be their own thing is that the fighters are the equivalent of the Avengers, being the last standing warriors against a threat. That's the literal storyline relevance to the fighter spirits.

Assuming you beat World of Light before most DLC is out, then logically, a Spirit being freed can return to it's former self, and then join the battle. I see no reason why this can't be the case.

In addition, the World of Light map is set. Characters are set on given spaces on the map, and it's fully designed. I would believe that DLC characters wll not be added to the map, but could just be added at the beginning with Kirby. I'm not sure that I really know what to think when it comes to it all, but one thing is for sure, I really do not think png files rule out characters.
That out of the way, I'm panicking because I don't think the store I preordered from is doing a midnight launch. If I have to get my Gamestop credit back and use it at another store, then I will. But it looks like I have a few best buys I can go to if needed.

Anyone running into preorder issues?
Sure, the lore logic would work, but going by the logic of Spirits being created to represent characters that couldn't be added and the DLC being decided in the same timeframe of the Spirits being decided, I doubt it.
You can't be a clone of a horseless unit when you have a horse.

Shoe this is first grade stuff.
>Heroes logic
Yikes! The horse is his promotion just like almost every other lord. His unpromoted form, the form that FE fighters use, is an infantry.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh one more thing if not mentioned yet

As Adam and Jamie would say

Myth busted you cannot unlock characters with amiibos

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
The best way to approach the VS. Match Method:

All fights on Final Destination (it's the simplest stage in the game)
1-stock Human VS. CPU
Human starts with 0 damage, CPU starts with 300
2.0 Launch Rate

I usually won VS. matches under these conditions in Smash 4. I did lose a few times because I didn't react fast enough.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
That's what I assumed

I see you made an error... I fixed it for ya
please... don't remind me :(

I'm still SO upset that Litten became bipedal.... I had SO much hopes for it.... those descriptions of it having fur covered in toxins, I was thinking we'd get a SLEEK mountain cat or some SLEEK tiger....

and yeah, I guess I wasn't wrong with the latter... because we did get a tiger

TONY THE TIGER ;(((((((

I truly believe the world would be at peace if Litten stayed quadruped. No more wars. Life would be good

Last edited:

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Like the chars missing as spirits dont mean theyre confirmed or anything. Im mostly just bringing it up cause the ones that are missing are just super weirdly missing.

Its just maybe something to keep your eyes on going forward with DLC speculation if were looking at new first party characters. Tho the other question is that if nintendo picked the reps how likely Porky, Fossil Fighter, Sylux, and Adeline would be for them. I could maybe see all of them making some sense.

I think maybe I just see it as a "dark samus alt for samus was missing, daisy alt for peach was missing, chrom alt was missing from ike" kinda thing

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
>Heroes logic
Yikes! The horse is his promotion just like almost every other lord.
Oh shoot.

That Pegasus just stole the joke.

Look, you can see it go over your head!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
i'm going to be obsessively playing the game so much that weekend even if it takes me the whole weekend to unlock all the characters I probably won't notice

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Unlocks aren't random. From what I've seen, completing every classic mode gives a designated character fight (such as icies unlocking simon). However if you already have a character unlocked, the fighter that approaches you is different (mario originally gives sonic, but if you have him gives pokemon trainer).
Oh really you can unlock sonic first.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
please... don't remind me :(

I'm still SO upset that Litten became bipedal.... I had SO much hopes for it.... those descriptions of it having fur covered in toxins, I was thinking we'd get a SLEEK mountain cat or some SLEEK tiger....

and yeah, I guess I wasn't wrong with the latter... because we did get a tiger

TONY THE TIGER ;(((((((

I truly believe the world would be at peace if Litten stayed quadruped. No more wars. Life would be good
Instead we got galaxy wide peace since Litten evolved to Incineroar so i say hats off to him

PF9

Smash Lord
I've changed the focus for getting Amiibo of all playable characters. Instead of just getting the non-O8, I will get every single character in the game at some point or another, just so I can have a complete collection. I want to train all of them, which I understand takes time.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Do we actually have confirmation of this?
It has been heavily implied. Sylux made appearances in the secret endings of both Prime 3 and Federation Force, which Tanabe later confirmed were it and stated that he wished to make a game starring Sylux and Samus. So it's definitely a character to keep an eye on.
(note that Sylux's gender is still unknown, even though Tanabe used male pronouns when talking about it)

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Is there a consistent way to unlock Richter that we've seen?

Because that boy is all I need.

...Well not ALL I need but y'know.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I don't see why they don't add the rest of the Fire Emblem Lords in as echoes instead of just the Awakening crew.
Sigurd,Seliph and Eirika for Marth
Eliwood, Leif, and Alm for Roy
-I think Sigurd would fit Roy/Chrom more than Marth.
-For Leif, more for Marth than Roy.
-With Eliwood, more Ike than Roy/Marth. I mean, have you seen how big Durandal is?

Durandal is not Falchion/Binding Blade size. Durandal looks more Ragnell size.

And hey, if we're going to get more Fire Emblem Lords as Echoes, then I demand we get Julius Belmont, Juste Belmont, Leon Belmont and Trevor Belmont as Echoes as well!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Got a link?
spirits_0_hikari.png

I don't see why they don't add the rest of the Fire Emblem Lords in as echoes instead of just the Awakening crew.
Sigurd,Seliph and Eirika for Marth
Eliwood, Leif, and Alm for Roy
Eliwood as a Roy clone doesn't work because Roy is way too aggressive when Eliwood fights just like Eirika and Marth do.
The alternative would be to give him Durandal and make him an Ike Echo.
You can't be a clone of a horseless unit when you have a horse.

Shoe this is first grade stuff.
But Marth does have a horse
Groom Marth
Checkmate atheists

Last edited by a moderator:

Onua

Smash Journeyman
possible arguments from nintendo for picking these chars if the missing 4 are anything to go on

Porky : The main enemy of mother 3 and a main antagonist of earthbound. A very popular character and would be another mother rep. His absence is incredibly strange but I could see nintendo picking him maybe? No new earthbound game is coming and hes kinda niche outside of the earthbound/smash community.

Adeline : Just got a spot in star allies DLC and is a popular kirby character. Maybe nintendo would pick her since ppl want a new kirby rep. With p much every other option gone I guess she makes sense?

Fossil Fighter : A largely underdog series with overall okay sales. Maybe he/she would make it in if they decided to release a new FF game which isnt completely out of the question. Their absence also doesnt make sense since FF got spirits and a song, but all of those stem from frontier. So maybe nintendo fully owns stuff from frontier and not the first 2? Could also just be a char with an interesting mechanic or something.

Sylux : Its rumored hes the main antagonist of metroid prime 4 and hes a main char in the franchise. His absence is really baffling too since the other hunters have spirits. He could be added as promotion for prime 4 if that rumor is true.

The missing 4 I think should be paid attention to since all 4 have no reason to be missing from the spirits lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom